Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And fun! I get such a fun vibe from her, light-hearted, easy going, ready to smile and have a good time. That kind of personality can be very healing for people. Laughter is the best medicine. :) We really did miss out on her being able to serve others.

I also think that personality allowed her to see others through rose-colored glasses. Hard to stomach knowing her best qualities were used against her.

jmo
Oh gosh yes! Now I’m about to cry.

I fully agree with you but something extremely weird is going on here. I noticed people claiming they served with him at the guard armory in Utah (Tooele). Some of them claimed they just saw him but didn't ever talk to him.

I know the military more than pretty much anything and there is just no logical explanation as to how a guy could not go through BMT, not go through tech school and yet still be serving on a guard base. It just makes no sense but the fact that other actual guard members are saying he served makes me seriously have concerns about this issue in regards to how he got in, how he duped the military in some way and what he had access to on the base as an IT guy.
ALL of this. Which would make a VA loan not so impossible. IMO

Last edited:
This is complete speculation, but has anyone considered the fact that he has diplomatic connections?

This could explain how he was able to get his foot in the door on many things and maybe why none reported him.
I’ve thought of it and have done some digging around. It’s a remote possibility. I think the fact that he joined the Mormon church opened some doors.

Exactly my thoughts, what was so urgent that the meet up had to occur at 3am?
Some say "sex", I'm just having hard time with this as a viable reason. I was a pretty normal red blooded guy at 23 and I think I would pass on it after such a long weekend and late night arrival home. I suppose I could be wrong but I just don't see the desire being more powerful than my desire to sleep a few hours before exams.

I also don't think anything monetary would be so important that it couldn't wait.

All just speculation, I wonder if it will ever come to light. The whole thing is just sad....evil walks amongst us.

From personal experience, I do know some men will take advantage of grief to get sex. I had an old boyfriend reconnect with me after someone very close to me passed away. I very very quickly realized he was just wanting to get back into bed with me. There are just some guys like that. They take advantage of vulnerability during the grief stage. They put it out there as Comfort, but all they are after is to get you in bed. And to have sex. M o o.

I haven't been following much, but he could've asked her to come over when she got back so that he could console her after her grandma's funeral. Meeting at the park could've been as simple as, "My house is kind of difficult to find... Just meet me at the park." Also, maybe she just wanted sex or was just REALLY excited about a super new relationship with him. Maybe he was telling her how much he missed her and couldn't wait until the next day to see her, and she thought it was sweet.

Having met my now husband online at 22 (and thankfully not ending up dead in a ditch), I remember my mindset and don't find anything too off about her meeting him there right when she got back. 12 years later, it makes me cringe and thank my lucky stars. I also met a male friend many times in the middle of the night when I was in college... for exactly the reason you would assume... and none of my friends or family knew about it, about the existence of that friend, or would've ever thought that I would do such a thing.

There doesn't seem to be anything inherently mysterious about this case, but maybe I've missed something.

He wasn’t ever really “in” the military. He tried, but was deemed “not deployable” within 6 months. There is a discussion about it a few pages back.
I understand that, and I saw the discussion. But if there is so much confusion (within the military, his peers, media, etc.), he may have been able to "dupe" someone into giving him a VA loan. He had everyone convinced he was basically a vet. Just something that's been nagging at me and this rekindled it. moo

I hate to even write this, but having discussed drugs, money and sex...the other compelling reason would be...to be with someone you are completely infatuated with. Coming home from a sad trip like this, yes...you’d want to be with someone you thought you loved. You might be truly anxious just to see him, no matter the time.If they said...hey, I’m low on gas or funds...I can only probably get to the park and back....yes, you might jump at it.

We know him far better now than she may have. He could be charming. He may have seemed worldly, exotic, with a tragic past that made him all the more endearing to a young woman with a sympathetic heart. The other friend may have warned her...not from a SD/SB relationship...but a romance with this guy.

I guess we will find out when we hear about these texts.

I’ve thought of it and have done some digging around. It’s a remote possibility. I think the fact that he joined the Mormon church opened some doors.
Agreed.
And AA has a wily cunning about him.
Something about him reminds me of Charles Ng and Leonard Lake.
Wondering if he's left a trail of victims here and abroad -- albeit not all of them dead ?
I want to know what's on his phone/texts, and how he was able to get her to meet up ?
It feels so 'off'.
Did he text her that he was having depression issues and just needed to talk ?

Agreed.
And AA has a wily cunning about him.
Something about him reminds me of Charles Ng and Leonard Lake.
Wondering if he's left a trail of victims here and abroad -- albeit not all of them dead ?
I want to know what's on his phone/texts, and how he was able to get her to meet up ?
It feels so 'off'.
Did he text her that he was having depression issues and just needed to talk ?

We may never know, but I think several women will come forward to the police now. He committed theft in 2012 and murder (allegedly) in 2019. There was a sexual assault allegation in 2014, but no charges were pressed. There are likely others victims in that 5-year gap.

I think by now LE has the actual messages and know exactly what was being communicated between the two of them IMO. I think that content will tell the story. and all this speculation will end. I'm guessing if he does not plead, they will hold this until trial JMO

Been crazy at work so catching up now and good God. Set aside the depravity of what this waste of space did, he also did it in the most damning way possible. The only way he could’ve made his guilt more obvious would be if he live-streamed it and said both their names on camera. I’d recommend him for a Darwin Award but that would demean the award itself to have a like this hold one.

There is no place in society - prison or otherwise - for a person like this. He doesn’t even deserve to breathe our air. Huge kudos to SLC PD still - they were served up a softball but swung hard and have built a seemingly airtight case against this guy.

I like that the DA said “no deal had been discussed” nor should it. The only ‘deal’ he should be offered is to plead guilty to all charges and throw himself on the mercy of the court for sentencing. I can only imagine how his attorney will try to defend this. I’m guessing he won’t be one of the clients she touts on her website like those others...just a bunch.

God Bless KL’s family and hope they can be comforted with the fact this guy will never see the light of day again.

I’m behind in the previous thread but I wanted to mention my meat tenderizer head is about 2” by 2” and small enough to be possibly concealed, also a 2# sledge is about that size. Not sure which is more likely to be in a house in the city. (Yes, I’m wondering around the house with a tape measure.).

I did the same thing. (We are an odd bunch :) ) I have hammers, and a pick ax. Most people in Utah have a pick ax. You can't garden without one. Lots of clay and at least potato size rocks. You break up the soil with a pick ax. Then shovel out the loose rock and clay. Then repeat until the job is done. It is very exhausting and tedious. It is almost impossible to wash the clay off your footwear. I have thrown away some shoes in the past.

One interesting thing to note. It would be impossible to dig a grave of any depth in the two hours AA was in Logan Canyon. The clay and rock would be insane there. Hence the shallow grave.

I understand that, and I saw the discussion. But if there is so much confusion (within the military, his peers, media, etc.), he may have been able to "dupe" someone into giving him a VA loan. He had everyone convinced he was basically a vet. Just something that's been nagging at me and this rekindled it. moo
This would be extremely unlikely. IMO, he wouldn't have made it past the application stage which requires a COE (Certificate of Eligibility) from the VA. At minimum, he would have had to have either two years of active duty or six years in the Reserves or National Guard. There are some exceptions - wartime duty, service-related injuries, surviving spouse benefits, etc. but he would not have qualified under any of those exceptions either. Without a COE, a VA loan app goes nowhere because the loan cannot be guaranteed. MOO

I think by now LE has the actual messages and know exactly what was being communicated between the two of them IMO. I think that content will tell the story. and all this speculation will end. I'm guessing if he does not plead, they will hold this until trial JMO
Assuming AA didn't use WhatsApp or something encrypted of course. I presume he would have deleted / destroyed any records there and they are effectively inaccessible.

Been crazy at work so catching up now and good God. Set aside the depravity of what this waste of space did, he also did it in the most damning way possible. The only way he could’ve made his guilt more obvious would be if he live-streamed it and said both their names on camera. I’d recommend him for a Darwin Award but that would demean the award itself to have a *** like this hold one.

There is no place in society - prison or otherwise - for a person like this. He doesn’t even deserve to breathe our air. Huge kudos to SLC PD still - they were served up a softball but swung hard and have built a seemingly airtight case against this guy.

I like that the DA said “no deal had been discussed” nor should it. The only ‘deal’ he should be offered is to plead guilty to all charges and throw himself on the mercy of the court for sentencing. I can only imagine how his attorney will try to defend this. I’m guessing he won’t be one of the clients she touts on her website like those others...just a bunch.

God Bless KL’s family and hope they can be comforted with the fact this guy will never see the light of day again.
Just FYI, he is no longer being represented by that attorney. His case is now being handled by the public defenders office.

If someone could quickly clear something up for me from the press conference yesterday. I missed part of it and checked WS only on and off yesterday. I’m trying to get things straight in my mind.
Did they say that AA’s phone pinged in Logan Canyon on the 25th and that’s what led them to search for her body there? If true, then 1) he kept her partially burned body in his house for a week? and 2) he disposed of the body only after LE questioned him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingPersonsMatter