Could there be a connection?

Justmecurious

Reaction score
So i just finished watching The Jennings 8. I'm wondering if there is a possibility that the Jennings 8 murders and The Vanishing Women from Chillicothee Ohio could be the same killer? The Murders in the Jennings 8 happened between 2007 and 2009 then just stopped. maybe the killer moved on to Ohio and started up again. All these women were drug addicts and some found in water and some not. What do y'all think? They also stopped in Chillicothe Ohio

So i just finished watching The Jennings 8. I'm wondering if there is a possibility that the Jennings 8 murders and The Vanishing Women from Chillicothee Ohio could be the same killer? The Murders in the Jennings 8 happened between 2007 and 2009 then just stopped. maybe the killer moved on to Ohio and started up again. All these women were drug addicts and some found in water and some not. What do y'all think? They also stopped in Chillicothe Ohio

There could be a connection...I recently watched a documentary about the Long Island Serial Killer (LISK) and Websleuths was very involved in the episodes...I believe some of the victims in Long Island were near water...I watched both series you mentioned and they are very intriguing cases...I thought the arrest in OH had finally cracked all the cases but I think that only resolved one case...

Last edited:
There could be a connection...I recently watched a documentary about the Long Island Serial Killer (LISK) and Websleuths was very involved in the episodes...I believe some of the victims in Long Island were near water...I watched both series you mentioned and they are very intriguing cases...I thought the arrest in OH had finally cracked all the cases but I think that only resolved one case...

I too saw the Documentary on the (LISK) and yes they were near water as well. Really makes you wonder if it could be one person moving around. The Police did arrest a guy for one of the killings in Ohio but i don't believe it was related to the other girls. He actually denied killing the woman but i think he is guilty on that one. Just ordered the book Murder in The Bayou by Ethan Brown. I hear there is alot more info in this book.

I don't know if there is a connection, but it's certainly possible.

I do believe many uncaught serial killers are nomadic killers going to different states once killing multiple victims in one state.

Doesn't the FBI keep computerized records on unsolved cases involving multiple victims where the killer's MO is the same?

Iirc different LE jurisdictions can put in their unsolved cases to see if other states have multiple victims with the same like patterns used by the killer or killers.

Although quite a few SRs are above average intelligence, and can change their MOs in order to evade them from being connected to their other victims.

I believe Clements who has been charged with the murders of 6 year old Isabella Celis, and 13 year old Maribelle Gonzalez of Tucson, AZ is also a possible serial killer.

When he moved to AZ he was an absconded sex offender out of Florida.

He never registered as a sex offender even though he has been one since 15 when he assaulted a minor child.

Shades of the serial murdering pedophile monster Joe Duncan who also moved from state to state to do his kidnappings, rapes, tortures, and murders.

CC has lived in several states again never registering. In AZ he told his now ex girlfriend he had 4 bodies buried in the desert. The only ones who have been found is little Isa, and Maribelle.

I wish someone here would investigate Clements too, and his whereabouts before he was finally caught. Imo, I think he too is a nomadic pedophile murderer, and possibly a serial killer of young children.

Sorry to go off topic, but this thread just reminded me of his case.

Imo

Last edited:
I have taken an interest in the Texas Killing Fields (Calder Road) murders... Texas and states like California are so huge with so many millions of people, serial killers can move from state to state killing without detection....

The Zodiac Killer still hasn't been caught ... He may have just changed his MO and moved out of CA...

Hello everyone,

I am new here and was thumbing through the forums to try and find something on the LISK case. Am currently watching " The Killing Season about the murders of women around Daytona and Long Island. In one episode there was a discussion on there being more killers. Do you think there's more than 2 serial killers?

Seems as if there all up the coast from Daytona Beach and there's not really anymore information. Any ideas?

Thanks everyone

I have taken an interest in the Texas Killing Fields (Calder Road) murders... Texas and states like California are so huge with so many millions of people, serial killers can move from state to state killing without detection....

The Zodiac Killer still hasn't been caught ... He may have just changed his MO and moved out of CA...

Hey there Rookie,

You definitely are right states that are really big you have a minimal chance of finding out more about what happened. Although, most killers, especially serial killers alot of them don't change their MO, and there usually (in most cases transient, and loners.) in only one section that there most familiar with.

Hey there Rookie,

You definitely are right states that are really big you have a minimal chance of finding out more about what happened. Although, most killers, especially serial killers alot of them don't change their MO, and there usually (in most cases transient, and loners.) in only one section that there most familiar with.

I think you have your facts straight. Serial killers are habitual killers. An MO is ingrained in them. To change that would be frustrating and complicated and difficult. But, it is still certainly possible.
I have had an interest in the Zodiac case for many years. I will say in my personal opinion that the Zodiac would and could attempt to change his MO; perhaps in the shadow of another serial killer. If he mimics, he doesn't even necessarily change his MO. However, he could attempt to expand his MO. Also, mimicry is a basic survival tactic. Think about this for example: these potential "mimic murders" might even have a paper trail; any convicted serial killers that were suspected of but never actually admitted to killing specific victims.
A bit of a stretch? Maybe. But, not impossible.
Anyway, the point is, I wouldn't be shocked to discover a link here or there or somewhere else. And, he very well could have moved on to other states.

This is true, you do have some points, other cases that could be connected maybe not to the LISK case, but take a look at Jack the Ripper, It has been said, although there is no proof of it existing that there was a 7-8 year stint that the White Chapel killings stopped and then resumed in another state.

Do you believe the original Zodiac is still alive? If he also moved around, could he be behind the Texarkana murders of 1946?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back