Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #14 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the court records in Family Court the prior nanny (one that hit FD mother with vehicle) only spoke Greek. This fact came up in the discussion of JD saying that she was losing the ability to speak to her own children as they were speaking Greek (with the then nanny, FD and most likely FD mother/father - MOO as its unclear these two spoke english). All I could think about when reading the court documents is how alienating this language barrier created by FD must have been for JD. It sounded like she had become a stranger in her own house and with her own children. What an unbelievable scenario for any mother to experience. I realize some would say households become bilingual all the time but learning greek (even academic greek) IMO is not that easy. MOO
True it sounds like FD had been trying for years (probably from the beginning of them having children together) to alienate JD and master control over the children by speaking to them in Greek and having the first nanny who only spoke Greek, and threatening to take the children and disappear to Greece where they would never be found -- he even applied for them to have Greek passports fairly recently IIRC.

However, even though it must have been extremely difficult, JD won that battle in Court because in accordance with the most recent visitation and communication orders, FD was not allowed to speak to the children in Greek, and whenever he spoke with them on the phone, the call had to be on speakerphone so it could be monitored.

JD had proven in divorce court that FD's use of Greek was detrimental to the well being of the children, e.g., he was proven to have told them to lie about things when speaking to them in Greek, using the language barrier to keep JD and others from understanding what he was doing. Read this early on in MSM before some of the divorce court proceedings were sealed by the judge.

IMO, he really thought (and still thinks) he can manipulate people and the system to his exclusive benefit, and is above the law, but he wasn't and isn't. I think his arrogance, recklessness, and cluelessness about operating within the norms of American society and law and order will be his downfall. All JMO.

I have a question.

Before FD could lay claims to JD's estate, wouldn't JD have to be declared deceased?

I just find it kind of interesting that initially it seemed that FD and his team were all in for JD being deceased, but once the evidence came out showing FD dumping the bags and pointing straight to him, NP changed the tune and went with the disappearing act on JD's part.

But back to my question, wouldn't JD have to be declared dead before the kids would get access to the estate?

Thanks for posting this! Here are guidelines in CT on Factors The Court May Consider in determining a "parent-like relationship" that GF is claiming in order to continue to have custody of the children:
(c) In determining whether a parent-like relationship exists between the person and the minor child, the Superior Court may consider, but shall not be limited to, the following factors:
(1) The existence and length of a relationship between the person and the minor child prior to the submission of a petition pursuant to this section;
(2) The length of time that the relationship between the person and the minor child has been disrupted;
(3) The specific parent-like activities of the person seeking visitation toward the minor child;
(4) Any evidence that the person seeking visitation has unreasonably undermined the authority and discretion of the custodial parent;
(5) The significant absence of a parent from the life of a minor child;
(6) The death of one of the minor child's parents;
(7) The physical separation of the parents of the minor child;
(8) The fitness of the person seeking visitation; and
(9) The fitness of the custodial parent.
https://www.jud.ct.gov/lawlib/Notebooks/Pathfinders/RightsofGrandparents/Grandparent.pdf
In this MSM article, there is some information on GF's involvement with JD's family going back aways (BBM):

"Meehan said Fotis also expressed concern for the safety of his children. Meehan did not think the children were in danger and knew they were staying with their maternal grandmother in New York City. Meehan said he has concerns about the children’s contact with their father, whether in person, written or verbal.

Meehan said Farber’s home is sufficient for them for the time being, perhaps not for the long term, but at least for now under the circumstances. He said the children’s caretaker is also there with Farber. Meehan said he was satisfied with how the children were being taken care of, that there was a mental health professional assisting them. Meehan said he has seen the children, they were healthy...

[...]

Meehan said, from his understanding, Farber has provided economic assistance to Jennifer and Fotis, has provided housing for the children in the past, supported Jennifer in her move from Farmington to New Canaan, has provided 50 percent of Meehan’s fees during this case and has provided travel for the children, has a Florida property that the children and Fotis have spent time at.
"

Fotis Dulos’ attorney releases new statement after posting bond

In my opinion everything FD has done is part of his master plan that he is still trying to carry out. I think his playing basketball with the kids the Wed evening before the Friday morning Murder was was really all about damaging the security cameras or breaking or rigging JD’s garage door, or planting a listening device or whatever the latest technology is so he could sneak in . Instead of being a good parent he was just playing the role to further his plan.

Your thoughts prompted my memory of the secret apps that can be hidden on phones for private communication. People having affairs and kids hiding messaging from parents are the prime users. Wonder if the older Dulos might use these to communicate with their father OR if MT and FD might use them for communication.

I'll provide a link that explains a few better than I can, but the basic premises include hidden alerts, disappearing messages, etc. Hope LE has a method to monitor/locate these types of apps.

Is My Partner Cheating? Apps That Hide Text Messages and Phone Calls

7 Apps that Help High-Tech Cheating: Affairs on the Smartphone Just Got Easier - Law Office of Natalie Gregg

In this MSM article, there is some information on GF's involvement with JD's family going back aways (BBM):

"Meehan said Fotis also expressed concern for the safety of his children. Meehan did not think the children were in danger and knew they were staying with their maternal grandmother in New York City. Meehan said he has concerns about the children’s contact with their father, whether in person, written or verbal.

Meehan said Farber’s home is sufficient for them for the time being, perhaps not for the long term, but at least for now under the circumstances. He said the children’s caretaker is also there with Farber. Meehan said he was satisfied with how the children were being taken care of, that there was a mental health professional assisting them. Meehan said he has seen the children, they were healthy...

[...]

Meehan said, from his understanding, Farber has provided economic assistance to Jennifer and Fotis, has provided housing for the children in the past, supported Jennifer in her move from Farmington to New Canaan, has provided 50 percent of Meehan’s fees during this case and has provided travel for the children, has a Florida property that the children and Fotis have spent time at.
"

Fotis Dulos’ attorney releases new statement after posting bond
God forbid anything happens to their grandmother. What then?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with circumstantial evidence, It is used in courtrooms throughout America every day to convict people. You know what is not circumstantial, though? Those videos of FD dumping bloody sponges, etc, containing his wife's DNA, which are direct physical evidence linking him to JD's murder. You notice that his lawyer is staying quiet on that damning evidence-which the jury is going to see! The most FP has said is that those videos "look bad", he has an explanation for that conduct, but he is not going to tell us (or LE) what it is. Odd, FB likes to run his mouth, on and on and on, but even he cannot come up with a reason for why FD is dumping bloody evidence in a city over an hour from JD's home, in a manner clearly designed (at least FD thought) to avoid detection. FD will be charged with murder, whether of not JD's body is ever recovered. For the sake of her family, however, I am hopeful that they will be able to properly bury and grieve for her. If FD cared for his children, as he claims to, the least he could do is tell LE how he disposed of JD's body. I'm not holding my breath; his malignant narcissism is his only guiding light.
Thanks for the calm and reassuring words, oceancalling.

Eight weeks is not a long time in a murder case and it's easy for us to get our hair on fire when we aren't hearing updates from LE.

Unlike many departments these professionals aren't parading themselves in front of the press to tout their various offices.

That's refreshing and builds my confidence that they have a great deal more than we know but they wisely are keeping it from FD's attorneys until the moment is right.

It's clear that there is enough physical evidence to prove a serious crime occurred or FD and MT would not have been accused and their bond wouldn't be $500,000. The video of evidence-shedding, the blood in the garage, FD's DNA mixed with Jennifer's inside her house.....HUGE.

The murder indictment is coming, maybe only after LE is required to hand over the tampering evidence to the defense but...it. is. coming! Send your velvet blazer to the cleaners, FD; you're going to need to dress up soon.

This. The entire post, but this BBM.
Thanks for the calm and reassuring words, oceancalling.

Unlike many departments these professionals aren't parading themselves in front of the press to tout their various offices.

That's refreshing and builds my confidence that they have a great deal more than we know but they wisely are keeping it from FD's attorneys until the moment is right.

Just to set something straight here, DNA is circumstantial evidence.
DNA is direct proof of the fact that FD was in JD's home and left his DNA mixed with that of JD in the kitchen sink. FD's statement about not wanting any of his DNA inside JD's home (this statement was made to the GAL the evening prior to the murder) is direct evidence of his consciousness of guilt. Videos of FD's garbage/slash tag dump are direct evidence that, on the day of the murder, FD HIMSELF dumped bags containing evidence of JD's murder. Short of a confession, an eyewitness, or a video of the murder itself, all physical evidence requires the jury to make a connection between the evidence presented and the elements of the offense. Such as, if a murderer's DNA is found under a victim's fingernails, it is a reasonable conclusion (inference) that the victim had contact with the murderer in some fashion. In addition, FD own words and actions are direct evidence that he was physically inside JD's home, mixed his DNA with hers and subsequently undertook actions to dispose of evidence of her assault. It will be up to the jury to conclude that this evidence, in combination with other evidence, means FD committed first degree murder. FD's comments to the GAL, his girlfriend (assuming cooperation) and even FD's TV interviews will be used to establish guilt; I think his own words will come to haunt him.

Last edited:
^^^^^Excellent explanation oceancalling.
So let's assume an arrest is imminent, how does LE arrange to
do this safely w/ a cunning, devious suspect like FD?

Do they call him and ask him to come down to the station?
Do they have his leg monitor official call him in for an 'adjustment'?
Do they just show up at his home early am and knock on the door?
FD's previous explosive demeanor would worry me if arrested again. I wouldn't want to be an arresting officer, would you?

^^^^^Excellent explanation oceancalling.
So let's assume an arrest is imminent, how does LE arrange to
do this safely w/ a cunning, devious suspect like FD?

Do they call him and ask him to come down to the station?
Do they have his leg monitor official call him in for an 'adjustment'?
Do they just show up at his home early am and knock on the door?
FD's previous explosive demeanor would worry me if arrested again. I wouldn't want to be an arresting officer, would you?

FD has to have been under surveillance by LE since he and his ankle bracelet left the station and he can most likely look out his window and wave at them any time day or night.

Don't you bet LE also planted listening devices in his over-the-top house so they even know when he goes potty?

All that to say, they know where he's going before he goes and they can have a well-trained SWAT Team ready at any intersection.

However, if they decide to take him at his front door I'm betting no neighbors would call and warn him, bless his little friendless heart.

Do we know what time MT's hearing starts Wednesday and if any evidence will come out?

Edit to add: Sorry, the hearing is Thursday, she comes back on Wed. Thank you for correcting me.

Last edited:
Jennifer Dulos case: Judge sets deadline in grandmother’s custody request

HARTFORD — A judge has set a Wednesday deadline for lawyers to object to Fotis Dulos’ request to dismiss a motion from his mother-in-law seeking custody of his children.

The mother-in-law, Gloria Farber, has been caring for the five children, ages 8 to 13, at her Manhattan apartment since her daughter, Jennifer Dulos, disappeared May 24.

Jennifer and Fotis Dulos have been involved in a contentious two-year divorce that mostly centered on custody of their children. Fotis Dulos has been banned from contacting his children as part of the conditions of his release on $500,000 bond. His attorneys have filed a motion to suspend the divorce proceedings since Jennifer Dulos is unable to participate.

I have a question.

Before FD could lay claims to JD's estate, wouldn't JD have to be declared deceased?

I just find it kind of interesting that initially it seemed that FD and his team were all in for JD being deceased, but once the evidence came out showing FD dumping the bags and pointing straight to him, NP changed the tune and went with the disappearing act on JD's part.

But back to my question, wouldn't JD have to be declared dead before the kids would get access to the estate?
JMO but given the overall situation that JD was in I and her intimate knowledge of the FD psychology I would be totally shocked if her will hadn't been rewritten completely and clearly defined trusts set up for the children to preclude direct access to any funds by FD.

What I would find absolutely cosmic justice if by possibly doing away with JD that FD actually gets less financially than he would have gotten in a divorce settlement! I keep going back to the quote from court documents I posted earlier today where FD complained bitterly to Judge Heller about the cost of the divorce to his wife and how this was so profoundly bothersome to him. The irony was that if he had simply complied with court order from DAY 1 that the divorce could have been over and the huge legal costs largely avoided.

I know the CT system isn't set up to make this easily doable for wealthy folks looking to divorce and Judge Heller hasn't exactly IMO been the most proactive member of the judiciary in terms of punishing non compliance by either party in the action but FD made the decision to fight to the death based on his definition of 'winning' and sadly that looks like what might have happened in this completely tragic case!

MOO

As ever, what you guys write here makes me think. Today I tried to look at the case minus some thoughts I had had like a drum, etc. In this reframing, I thought about how it seems FD was trying to blame people in a neighborhood that perhaps he felt was more crime-ridden than his own. JD’s car also was left somewhere away from her house, at the park, again IMO trying to divert attention from association with FD. He wanted it to look like a stranger did it such as in a crime of opportunity. So now I feel like he wouldn’t have put her in water, which might be more readily linked to him. Where DO bodies get disposed of in that area more commonly? I’m thinking that park or near it even though I know it’s been searched. What places are between JD’s house and the park? He’s a math guy so maybe think straight line or triangulation. Extra bonus for places with no or poor cell reception. Just some thoughts. MOO.

Yes, its a multi prong test with I believe 3-4 factors. I am on my phone and cannot easily search the thread. Suggest looking at @gitana1 posts as she explained this in detail and made it easy to understand. But know that in her prior motion GF presented her evidence that she had in fact established a 'parent like' relationship with the 5 children, the children had their own defined spaces in NYC apt along with a few other issues including the children staying with her previously over the year and traveling with her to FL. IMO the GAL/Meehan (we still don't know his status Judge Heller as we are waiting on a ruling!) spoke to some of these issues in the last hearing and GAL Meehan looked at/evaluated the NYC apt and was satisfied with the setup for the children.
IMO If Meehan is allowed to weigh in on the judge's decision as to where the children stay for now, there is no way I see him agreeing to anything other than staying with GF. Meehan must feel a whole lot of guilt for ever buddying up in the past with FD in any way, shape or form - AND letting JD's evaluation slip out. He knows what FD did must be horrified. MOO

Last edited:
God forbid anything happens to their grandmother. What then?

JD’s sister has been around GF and the kids through this if I remember correctly. I’m guessing but I bet that through the terrors of this divorce, JD’s mom and sister have indeed been there even more physically and emotionally for JD and the kids than usual because they wanted to protect them. My thoughts only.

IMO If Meehan is allowed to weigh in on the judge's decision as to where the children stay for now, there is no way I see him agreeing to anything other than staying with GF. Meehan must feel a whole lot of guilt for ever buddying up in the past with FD in any way, shape or form - AND letting JD's evaluation slip out. He knows what FD did must be horrified. MOO

I hope you are right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member