Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #14 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I am sort of new to posting...is it okay to post addresses/maps/news stories about properties not related to FD/JD/MT as points of reference and illustration? Thanks!
@thekirbyfamily Yes, if you have a theory as to how what you are posting might be connected to the case and then end your post with MOO (my own opinion), then you should be within terms of service guidelines (TOS). If possible try to use mainstream media (MMS) sources as a jumping off point if possible. But brainstorming ideas helps and after 8 weeks we need new and fresh ideas and all the help we can get as LE still hasn't located JD body.

Last edited:
Oh, my.....this is REALLY disturbing. Does anyone know how GF establishes a "parent-like relationship"?

I guess right now I am banking on the Judge in the Divorce/Custody case deferring to the terms of the bail/bond. FoDu cannot have contact with the 5 kids or anyone from JDs family. Criminal court would supersede divorce/custody court. Now he would have to designate a “relative” like his niece or cousin or sister. As such I would think that the maternal grandmother would have the most parent like relationship to the children? But what do I know? I would think that the fact he took the 5th in his first court appearance in the custody matter (June 11th when he bonded out) would not work in his favor? I cannot imagine any judge giving custody to FoDu or his family members at this point? Maybe FoDu and NP/RR are hoping that LE will present information in the custody case as a reason to keep the custody arrangement as it is currently?
The Joshua Powell case weighs heavy on our minds. The kids are doing as well as can be expected right now and moving them into a different situation seems not only unnecessary but potentially dangerous or at the very least problematic. Any verified attorneys want to weigh in? I know this situation is already unusual bc you have a missing mom/presumed dead and the estranged spouse is out on bond/bail on criminal charges related to his estranged wife’s disappearance.

Oh, my.....this is REALLY disturbing. Does anyone know how GF establishes a "parent-like relationship"?
Yes, its a multi prong test with I believe 3-4 factors. I am on my phone and cannot easily search the thread. Suggest looking at @gitana1 posts as she explained this in detail and made it easy to understand. But know that in her prior motion GF presented her evidence that she had in fact established a 'parent like' relationship with the 5 children, the children had their own defined spaces in NYC apt along with a few other issues including the children staying with her previously over the year and traveling with her to FL. IMO the GAL/Meehan (we still don't know his status Judge Heller as we are waiting on a ruling!) spoke to some of these issues in the last hearing and GAL Meehan looked at/evaluated the NYC apt and was satisfied with the setup for the children.

Marissa Alter (@MarissaAlter) | Twitter
DIVORCE CASE UPDATE: the judge says Gloria Farber’s attorney has till Wednesday to file any objection to Fotis Dulos’ motion to dismiss her petition for custody of the Dulos’ five kids. After that, she will issue a ruling

View attachment 193531
Thanks for posting this! Here are guidelines in CT on Factors The Court May Consider in determining a "parent-like relationship" that GF is claiming in order to continue to have custody of the children:
(c) In determining whether a parent-like relationship exists between the person and the minor child, the Superior Court may consider, but shall not be limited to, the following factors:
(1) The existence and length of a relationship between the person and the minor child prior to the submission of a petition pursuant to this section;
(2) The length of time that the relationship between the person and the minor child has been disrupted;
(3) The specific parent-like activities of the person seeking visitation toward the minor child;
(4) Any evidence that the person seeking visitation has unreasonably undermined the authority and discretion of the custodial parent;
(5) The significant absence of a parent from the life of a minor child;
(6) The death of one of the minor child's parents;
(7) The physical separation of the parents of the minor child;
(8) The fitness of the person seeking visitation; and
(9) The fitness of the custodial parent.

https://www.jud.ct.gov/lawlib/Notebooks/Pathfinders/RightsofGrandparents/Grandparent.pdf

As the custody issue is now being discussed I just wanted to put this quote from GAL Meehan from Stamford Advocate back into the thread as there is something so profoundly disturbing about this entire enchange in my mind. IMO FD has a single minded focus on custody simply as a means to attach Farber wealth for himself in order to continue his life of not working and to support his extended Greek family. MOO

Think about the scenario of this exchange. JD had just been declared missing by her friends/GF and what is FD doing? He is NOT COOPERATING WITH POLICE, nope, he is instead on the phone with GAL and plotting for full custody to take advantage of the current situation of a missing mother.

IMO if this isn't full scale delusion in action I'm not sure what is. There seems to be a total disconnect between the horror of the missing JD, the great impact of missing mother on 5 children and distraught Farber family and NONE of this seems to register with FD. IMO this guy resides in his own little world.

Jennifer Dulos’ family: Attorney’s ‘attacks and ludicrous’ theories hurting children

Quote from above article:
"Michael Meehan, a Bridgeport attorney and the Dulos children’s court-appointed guardian ad litem, testified during the hearing that he spoke to Fotis Dulos the morning after his wife disappeared. In an “excited” state, Fotis Dulos asked whether Meehan had “heard the news,” the attorney testified".

"Meehan testified that he asked Fotis Dulos if he had an alibi for the morning of his wife’s disappearance. Fotis Dulos responded that he had been at his Farmington home and at meetings, Meehan testified".

"Meehan testified that he told Fotis Dulos, “I hope you have every moment of your day accountable.”

"Pattis said his client has an alibi for most of the morning of May 24 and believes there was not enough unaccounted time for him to drive to New Canaan, commit and cover up the crime and be back at his Farmington house by 1:30 p.m. when police say his cellphone pinged off a local tower".

Table 1: Factors Court May Consider When Awarding Custody - Conn. Gen. Stat. § 46b-56(c)
“In making or modifying any order as provided in subsections (a) and (b) of this section, the court shall consider the best interests of the child, and in doing so may consider, but shall not be limited to, one or more of the following factors:
1. The temperament and developmental needs of the child;
2. The capacity and the disposition of the parents to understand and meet the needs of the child;
3. Any relevant and material information obtained from the child, including the informed preferences of the child;
4. The wishes of the child’s parents as to custody;
5. The past and current interaction and relationship of the child with each parent, the child’s siblings and any other person who may significantly affect the best interests of the child;
6. The willingness and ability of each parent to facilitate and encourage such continuing parent-child relationship between the child and the other parent as is appropriate, including compliance with any court orders;
7. Any manipulation by or coercive behavior of the parents in an effort to involve the child in the parents’ dispute
;
[.................] etc. see page 11 of 27:
https://www.jud.ct.gov/lawlib/Notebooks/Pathfinders/ChildCustody/childcustody.pdf#page=12

Thanks to all that responded to my question about custody. You are the greatest with logical, quick answers. I am comforted by the terms of FD's bail hearing and the knowledge that the GAL said the GF's home and relationship were good....at least, it appears that the children are settled until FD's pre-trial hearing.

Jennifer Dulos’ family: Attorney’s ‘attacks and ludicrous’ theories hurting children
"Pattis said his client has an alibi for most of the morning of May 24 and believes there was not enough unaccounted time for him to drive to New Canaan, commit and cover up the crime and be back at his Farmington house by 1:30 p.m. when police say his cellphone pinged off a local tower".

Doesn't the prosecution have to prove he was not with his phone when it first pinged at 1:30 or prove he was somewhere else and not at Farmington?
NP doesn't have to prove that he was with it, since the assumption is that he was.

In my opinion everything FD has done is part of his master plan that he is still trying to carry out. I think his playing basketball with the kids the Wed evening before the Friday morning Murder was was really all about damaging the security cameras or breaking or rigging JD’s garage door, or planting a listening device or whatever the latest technology is so he could sneak in . Instead of being a good parent he was just playing the role to further his plan.

In my opinion everything FD has done is part of his master plan that he is still trying to carry out. I think his playing basketball with the kids the Wed evening before the Friday morning Murder was was really all about damaging the security cameras or breaking or rigging JD’s garage door, or planting a listening device or whatever the latest technology is so he could sneak in . Instead of being a good parent he was just playing the role to further his plan.
Can't disagree with anything you have suggested here. I hope LE has combed all the properties to see if listening devices and cameras were in place! I do believe some kind of FD placed listening device/camera was present at JD Welles house as it would fit perfectly with what we have seen discussed so many times in court documents about FD need to control and dominate all activities of the family. MOO

Can't disagree with anything you have suggested here. I hope LE has combed all the properties to see if listening devices and cameras were in place! I do believe some kind of FD placed listening device/camera was present at JD Welles house as it would fit perfectly with what we have seen discussed so many times in court documents about FD need to control and dominate all activities of the family. MOO

And I'd guess he slapped one on her Suburban to track her whereabouts Friday morning.
How difficult would it be to put some app on her phone to surveil her?
I've been told that it's pretty easy to track someone's email if you
have exchanged email with them one time.
all this would fit FD's m.o.

And I'd guess he slapped one on her Suburban to track her whereabouts Friday morning.
How difficult would it be to put some app on her phone to surveil her?
I've been told that it's pretty easy to track someone's email if you
have exchanged email with them one time.
all this would fit FD's m.o.
Oh wow that email tracking idea is scary!! Hopefully LE can track the owner of the tracking device!

@thekirbyfamily I am trying to send you a private message but, also still kind of new, I haven't figured out how to send it to you yet :oops:
All you do is click on their name @thekirbyfamily and choose the option to start a conversation.

Looks like this person has disabled PM option on their profile so unless that changes you are SOL. Sorry.

All you do is click on their name @thekirbyfamily and choose the option to start a conversation.

Looks like this person has disabled PM option on their profile so unless that changes you are SOL. Sorry.
Aha! Thanks @afitzy I keep thinking I am doing something wrong! I didn't catch before that you could disable that.

Agree. I worry that if he gets them back and then anticipates murder charges being brought against him, then what might he do to these children? I hate to even have the thought.
The fact that he seems to be such a control freak is the fearful part,
as we've seen in other cases.
We had a case here in the last year, when LE went to arrest the
father/perp, he killed his 2 children and a stepchild also. He also shot through the front door as LE knocked and totally parylyzed an office who is still in a coma today. Then
he killed himself.
By now I hope LE realizes that FD has nothing to lose and acts accordingly.

IMO/MOO/JMO

re @sds71 above posted attachment 7-10-2019 Family Court Order JD v. FD:

At this point, it seems worth highlighting that the Court currently has at least two motions on which to rule with reference to the divorce/custody case (the “dissolution” action).

The first is GF’s motion to intervene in the proceedings.

The other is FD’s motion to dismiss the dissolution case in its entirety based on the Court’s lack of subject matter jurisdiction (SMJ) in the case (given that JD, the person who filed for divorce etc, is not present and is not pursuing the case).

It would seem at this point as a matter of law, the Court lacks power/ authority/ SMJ to grant a deceased person a divorce, even if there is substantial evidence of FD’s implication in JD’s absence from court proceedings effective May 24, 2019; even if FD is determined liable for JD’s wrongful death or a conviction obtained against FD for murder of JD or obstruction/ tampering/ evidence destruction with the specific intent to prevent her from obtaining a divorce from him and/or to destroy Family Court’s ability to require FD to produce financial discovery in the current proceedings or to “deprive” FD of custody (and, of higher priority to FD, the children’s trust money and JD estate funds that would follow the children in her absence, in the absence of a otherwise controlling order to the contrary).

I’ve not yet read FD’s motion to dismiss or memorandum of law in support of the m/dismiss based on lack of SMJ, but the short version of this argument, given publicly known facts today, presumably is “no plaintiff = no SMJ.”

While Judge Heller’s July 10, 2019 Order providing GF until this Wednesday, July 17th, to formally file any objection/s to FD’s motion to dismiss the dissolution/custody case in its entirety based on the Court’s lack of SMJ, the Order suggests that FD lumped into his arguments (delayed) objections that go to GF’s prior motion to intervene in the proceedings. Judge Heller’s Order notes that despite such garbling of the matters, GF’s motion to intervene is a separate (previously filed) motion that will be ruled on “irrespective of FD’s motion to dismiss the proceedings. (This might not have been the case had FD’s team gotten in front of GF’s m/intervene and filed the m/dismiss/SMJ prior to GF’s m/intervene.

Judge Heller’s July 10, 2019, Order seems well aware of the need for a full and complete written record in this case on both motions; no doubt all anticipate the substantial likelihood of appeals based on whichever way the court rules on either motion. There’s a decent chance the m/dismiss/SMJ will be fatal to the dissolution case, but that appellate court/s may view things differently given the FD obstruction of justice problem and terrible public policy takeaways if murdering a spouse in the context of a divorce and custody proceeding results in incentives and rewards for the homicidal and obstructionist defendant.

I’m hoping FD’s m/dismiss is denied and GF’s m/intervene is granted, but I’m not sure at all about Ct. law and procedure in this context. I fear it is not looking good.

Judge Heller wasn’t super pleased that FD waited until two weeks AFTER THE EVIDENTIARY HEARING ON GF’s motion to intervene before filing FD’s motion to dismiss the entire case based on the lack of SMJ. The order made it sound as if all the evidentiary hearings on the m/dismiss and the m/intervene have already occurred.

@gitana1 — any thoughts?

Many thanks to all

There is absolutely nothing wrong with circumstantial evidence, It is used in courtrooms throughout America every day to convict people. You know what is not circumstantial, though? Those videos of FD dumping bloody sponges, etc, containing his wife's DNA, which are direct physical evidence linking him to JD's murder. You notice that his lawyer is staying quiet on that damning evidence-which the jury is going to see! The most FP has said is that those videos "look bad", he has an explanation for that conduct, but he is not going to tell us (or LE) what it is. Odd, FB likes to run his mouth, on and on and on, but even he cannot come up with a reason for why FD is dumping bloody evidence in a city over an hour from JD's home, in a manner clearly designed (at least FD thought) to avoid detection. FD will be charged with murder, whether of not JD's body is ever recovered. For the sake of her family, however, I am hopeful that they will be able to properly bury and grieve for her. If FD cared for his children, as he claims to, the least he could do is tell LE how he disposed of JD's body. I'm not holding my breath; his malignant narcissism is his only guiding light.
ITA, and posts to MSM articles in early threads here indicated conviction rates for murder with or without a body were within a range of 70 - 80%, and that an expert in prosecuting murderers without a body has been consulting with LE and the State since the beginning of the case of JD's disappearance. IMO.

From article on The Forensic Teacher Magazine, The Magazine Forensic Educators Trust:
The Myths of Circumstantial Evidence (BBM):
"Circumstantial evidence has a reputation for generally being weaker and less valid evidence than direct evidence. It is interesting and necessary, however, to emphasize that it is simply incorrect to assume that direct evidence is always stronger or more convincing than circumstantial evidence. Aside from scientific evidence, other examples of circumstantial evidence that may imply guilt include the defendant’s motive or opportunity to commit the crime, whether the defendant had resisted arrest, or if any suspicious behaviors were demonstrated. Unlike the incorrect examples perpetuated by television shows, movies, and novels, a majority of convictions are based solely on circumstantial evidence if for no other reason than this type of evidence is more commonly encountered at crime scenes than direct evidence. It is also important to note that direct evidence such as eyewitness identification and confessions given by suspects are fraught with potential problems as demonstrated by the investigations into 300-plus exonerations of wrongfully convicted individuals by the Innocence Project...."
The Myths of Circumstantial Evidence

I can’t imagine that if the judge is staying up to date on the going ons in this case, then comparing it to the facts that JD alleged in her divorce filings while also having observed the interactions of FD for two years, that Judge Heller would give FD custody of his children.

Hopefully the judge has seen through him and has his number! All one has to do is listen to him, poor man, he misses his children, blah, blah, blah — but he ends his tale of woe with getting the money and the children. Also, he hasn’t supported the children the last two years, JD has used her money, This doesn’t show a man who is supportive of his family.

Tell FD he can have the children but their money will be held until they are 25. Watch him back down and agree for GF to have them. He does not want the children!

It is like too many divorce cases. The father sues for custody of the children. You know, the father who has little interest in his children, works late most nights, doesn’t attend their activities, etc., very strict with them, yet when divorce papers are filed, he wants them. Oh yeah, he doesn’t want to pay child support! Judge Heller has seen all the tricks played in court, so let’s pray her senses are on high alert with this missing mother who filed for divorce from FD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA