Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #18 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also a strange placement of the items. It's on the south side of the road, which would be the opposite side of the road, if he had come directly from his house. I suppose he could have made a u-turn or gone around the block. Just seems weird they weren't on the north side of the road, which would be the same side, if he had been driving from his house.

There also isn't a parking lot or anything. So he just pulled off the side of the road and threw a bunch of stuff into the river right next to a fairly busy, four-lane road?

And on the opposite bank of the river, there is a small "frontage road" for a lack of better term. Seems more concealed to be discarding items.

I guess he didn't care about being stealthy. Fires in his backyard and going to Logan Canyon to bury a victim in the afternoon (allegedly) either. So this would be par for the course. Just very odd.

JMO but any speculation that it is the same person who was raped by him that we heard of first comes awfully close to seemingly identifying either person. I would personally like to see it go that he is a rapist, without delving into the where and when. That is none of our business.

So did they not have any pings from his phone in this area? For those who know the area, would this latest location have been on any route he may have taken to or from the canyon area?

This is less than a mile from his house. There are nearby gas stations, stores, restaurants, etc. So driving down this road wouldn't necessarily raise a red flag. Especially if he did this quickly, which it looks like items weren't too far from the road.

This road also leads directly to interstate on ramps. Both I-15 and the belt route I-215 can be quickly accessed from here to get to Logan.

It's also a strange placement of the items. It's on the south side of the road, which would be the opposite side of the road, if he had come directly from his house. I suppose he could have made a u-turn or gone around the block. Just seems weird they weren't on the north side of the road, which would be the same side, if he had been driving from his house.

There also isn't a parking lot or anything. So he just pulled off the side of the road and threw a bunch of stuff into the river right next to a fairly busy, four-lane road?

And on the opposite bank of the river, there is a small "frontage road" for a lack of better term. Seems more concealed to be discarding items.

I guess he didn't care about being stealthy. Fires in his backyard and going to Logan Canyon to bury a victim in the afternoon (allegedly) either. So this would be par for the course. Just very odd.
I think he must have been doing a lot of drinking while he was making these genius decisions to burn and hide evidence.

One of my big interests in this case has been the post-murder planning/lack of planning (mental processes) of this killer. It is reminiscent of Chris Watts.

I really don't know how people manage to plan murders, honestly. Planning a truly heinous and antisocial act? I think some of them keep their minds on some other goal or prize. In this case, AA may have convinced himself that he was going to get some kind of sexual experience from his encounter with ML and, in his narcissism, decided that she would not put up a big fight. When she did, he killed her (in a rage, if you ask me, judging by the manner of death the coroner indicated).

Now, he had to do something he had not planned to do at all, with little sleep, surging adrenalin (it only takes a person so far) and ultimately, absolutely no plan and a really poor knowledge of his local environment, how to dispose of evidence, etc. Panic is a bear. By the time the SWAT guys came for him, he was probably teetering between panicked reality and hallucinatory exhaustion. He obviously was not able to plan evidence disposal except in a manner that leads directly back to him. None of that driving around and dropping things in various commercial trash bins that other killers have used (more successfully, I might add - like Chris Spotz apparently did). It's amazing how close the new evidence is to his house - he must have waited until the police stopped by and then done all of the disposal in a rush.

Unbelievable that he basically sat with that evidence at his house, as if he thought he had gotten away with it.

One of my big interests in this case has been the post-murder planning/lack of planning (mental processes) of this killer. It is reminiscent of Chris Watts.

I really don't know how people manage to plan murders, honestly. Planning a truly heinous and antisocial act? I think some of them keep their minds on some other goal or prize. In this case, AA may have convinced himself that he was going to get some kind of sexual experience from his encounter with ML and, in his narcissism, decided that she would not put up a big fight. When she did, he killed her (in a rage, if you ask me, judging by the manner of death the coroner indicated).

Now, he had to do something he had not planned to do at all, with little sleep, surging adrenalin (it only takes a person so far) and ultimately, absolutely no plan and a really poor knowledge of his local environment, how to dispose of evidence, etc. Panic is a bear. By the time the SWAT guys came for him, he was probably teetering between panicked reality and hallucinatory exhaustion. He obviously was not able to plan evidence disposal except in a manner that leads directly back to him. None of that driving around and dropping things in various commercial trash bins that other killers have used (more successfully, I might add - like Chris Spotz apparently did). It's amazing how close the new evidence is to his house - he must have waited until the police stopped by and then done all of the disposal in a rush.

Unbelievable that he basically sat with that evidence at his house, as if he thought he had gotten away with it.
I tend to agree with this. The subterfuge (not picking up at airport, meeting at park, turning off phone) was for a planned sexual assault. The murder came later, so the disposal was unplanned, haphazard, and panicked. He probably figured he could get away with the rape even if there was some evidence tying him to it because he'd done so before. MOO

Imo, the item next to the large red fabric is an open luggage container. I'm not entirely certain but on the inside of some luggage there are straps and pockets to separate and keep things in place. Also would explain the lighter color inside. Unless something else happens I am done speculating on what we see, as it can neither be confirmed or connected to the case at this time, and it can convolute the facts. I'd really like to see higher definition video, it seems all video is pixelated and grainy which only fuels speculation.

Imo, the item next to the large red fabric is an open luggage container. I'm not entirely certain but on the inside of some luggage there are straps and pockets to separate and keep things in place. Also would explain the lighter color inside. Unless something else happens I am done speculating on what we see, as it can neither be confirmed or connected to the case at this time, and it can convolute the facts. I'd really like to see higher definition video, it seems all video is pixelated and grainy which only fuels speculation.
ITA these items could literally be anything. That "T-shirt"? Looks like a picture of Jimi Hendrix with a bandana around his head!

I know right! Looking at these videos and photos is like playing "Where's Waldo" only you have no idea what Waldo looks like :eek:

ETA:

At first I thought this was a rifle or some type of gun but maybe a shovel or something? I circled it in blue next to the red fabric.

It does indeed look like a shovel of sorts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190715-193757_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190715-193757_Chrome.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_20190715-193726_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190715-193726_Chrome.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 112
Just to be clear - is the item circled in green what you're asking about? If so, it almost looks like a photograph to me or a t-shirt with a photo? Like I said earlier, though, my eyes aren't the best! ;) MOO

View attachment 193576
Well, now the red object, just to the left of the green circle looks like a little red dress in a garment / dry cleaning bag. My gosh guys... I've got to walk away. I have screen squint.

bbs
moo

Off the topic of identifying items in the video. But just wondering how many people have walked past this evidence in the last couple of weeks. People didn't notice or put two and two together? Just interesting to me.

A lot of the river isn't visible from the trail. the vegetation is very lush. To the homeless it would all be visible. They are the only ones venturing to the waters edge. The rest of us stay the hell away. The river is also dirty. It is very unsafe to leave the trail. It is shocking to see the amount of homeless when the leaves drop in the fall. Makes you realize all the eyes that were watching you ride by all summer. (((shivers)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member