CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the husband state that LE told him his polygraph came back as being deceptive? Is he not concerned about how that looks in the public eye? Does he think it makes him look honest to tell the public that?
Does he have an attorney yet?

Perhaps he's too emotional to think about how things look in the public eye.

That's true, as well as presumably signs of a scuffle and/or at the very least, some physical proof that she was there (e.g., her bootprints in the soil around where the RV was parked by the side of the road, and on the 2 mile trail her husband said they hiked, as well as where she 'rounded the corner' and he lost sight of her). No statements from LE on any evidence found, except to say they haven't found any evidence of foul play. IMO based on MSM articles linked above. The fact that LE had him take a lie detector test and indicated he was being deceptive and he blamed it on lack of sleep is a bit disconcerting, all JMO.
And he wasn't so far behind her to not hear her scream if that happened. In fact, if someone picked her up from the road, I'd think she'd make some noise. JMO

Also, I believe sound does travel faster and farther in warm air.

JMO, one scenario could be an "accident" at the highway, with the driver panicking and taking the victim away to later abandon them elsewhere. It has happened before. Seems like a silver alert might be helpful in that situation, as other LE and the public could be looking out in other areas along the roadways to possibly find the abandoned victim. I'm trying to be as tactful as possible for any family who might be following this thread.

JMO
IMHO, I would think that an "accident" that was bad enough to kill someone would have left some kind of debris on the road (broken headlight, piece of car frame, etc). Haven't heard about anything being found.

Just because she is wearing a bikini and drinking a beer doesnt mean she is a good time Gussy!
Right, and that's just heresay by her husband at this point, and seems to be a bit of a stretch for him to use that as a reason why someone would have 'snatched' her from the remote road where their RV was parked and taken her to Las Vegas, and hey, he's okay with that and won't ask any questions if they'll just bring her back.

Really... And he's so upset, and beside himself, he just can't perform properly on a lie detector test. Come on, we've all seen proven socio / pyschopathic murderers cry their crocodile tears before they were caught and convicted about just wanting their missing spouse to 'come home', when they knew full well they never would, and were actually crying for themselves about the trauma of being looked at and the awful thing they did.

What will people whose "spouse disappeared" under weird circumstances think of next??? At least this is an original idea I've never heard of before, but already veering towards victim blaming. Geeeeezzzzz. All JMO.

Last edited:
There would most likely be blood too in the mountain lion scenario ( I quoted but its not coming up)
Not necessarily, depending upon who you listen to. Let’s not clutter it up here because the scenario in this case is pretty far-fetched for a lot of reasons, but if you want to read lots of opinions about mountain lion attacks, search the Jaryd Atadero and DeOrr Kuntz threads.

What did you think guys of his interview?
I can't imagine her not being found in the desert if she were there and I can't see someone snagging her on the roadside either unless it had been planned prior. He's admitting the police told him his polygraph results showed deception but he does not talk about her in the past tense.

One more time......

Other than the husband, who saw Barbara last, when did they see her, and where did they see her?

That's what we need to know.

Did she miss any important appointments prior to this RV trip?

Boy oh boy....this is messy.

What did you think guys of his interview?
I can't imagine her not being found in the desert if she were there and I can't see someone snagging her on the roadside either unless it had been planned prior. He's admitting the police told him his polygraph results showed deception but he does not talk about her in the past tense.
It would explain if she is found elsewhere, some one took her and put her there scenario.

Just last week I received voice messages from Barb concerning my father's condition and whether or not she should push her trip forward. I've had trouble contacting her, but this was no surprise to us as her and Robbie are often comfortably beyond cellphone service.

Hmmmm.....wonder if anyone had talked to her in a while?

If he's not involved (and I'm in that corner right now), he sounds like a confused, terrified and shell-shocked victim. I believe he keeps repeating her appearance and dress because that's the last image he had of her. . . that's all he's got. He must be thinking the same thing we are regarding that: a bikini, a hat and a beer, how far can she go like that???
As far as volunteering that LE told him his polygraph showed deception, maybe he's sharing that fact because he KNOWS he's not involved, and hearing that a machine suggests he is lying about that is. . . surreal and shocking. I could see myself sharing that info, in disbelief and frustration. IMO

If he's not involved (and I'm in that corner right now), he sounds like a confused, terrified and shell-shocked victim. I believe he keeps repeating her appearance and dress because that's the last image he had of her. . . that's all he's got. He must be thinking the same thing we are regarding that: a bikini, a hat and a beer, how far can she go like that???
As far as volunteering that LE told him his polygraph showed deception, maybe he's sharing that fact because he KNOWS he's not involved, and hearing that a machine suggests he is lying about that is. . . surreal and shocking. I could see myself sharing that info, in disbelief and frustration. IMO
Maybe we're not giving him enough credit. If he puts the details of the lie detector first, that blows LE's surprise.
If he shows enough indignation and sorrow, people will surely believe him over LE, or so he may think.

I'm afraid his wife is nowhere in the desert. Nor is she in Vegas. The question is, "Where did he drop her off?" I'd start on the homefront.

LE is very quiet and non committal on this whole scenario. All they are telling us is what they are doing to search for Barbara. Nothing else. It's pretty much radio silence.

We received more information from the husband and his interview dropped a bombshell.

It appears to me that LE are quietly working away in the background. I'm not sure they believe his story.

Time is going to tell on this one. I think something is going to break open pretty soon. I'm not sure hubby is going to be able to hold it together. I just get the feeling he knows more than he's saying.

MOO

Has there been any mention of dementia or other impairment issues? She seems on the youngish side for dementia.

I can't help but think that if she has passed over, that going out in a bikini a hat and a beer in your hand definitely has some finesse. God Bless her. Against the odds, let's hope she turns up alive and with a fresh cold one in hand.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member