Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #18 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are different kinds of camgirls. The American version are calling themselves "egirls" (which has a couple of different meanings, but recently murdered Bianca Devins is referred to as one, and may have referred to herself as one).

Camgirl, to me, involves streaming what is essentially a personal *advertiser censored* experience (and yes, I do have students who do this or do online stripping). But introductions and interaction videos are also a thing.

I too know women who have made or currently make a living out of their online work. It is not always what I would call "sex work" either.

How do you know you have students doing this? Do they tell you? Do you ask them? Have you seen them?

Not trying to get off topic, but that comment astounds me that you would know this.

Rapid DNA machines have the potential to change policing, but not everyone in Utah is on board

Cache County District Attorney James Swink said there was enough forensic evidence found in the Whipple case that law enforcement used both the ANDE machines and the state crime lab to analyze samples and confirm each technology’s results.

The attorney general’s office proposed that Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill use Rapid DNA technology to analyze evidence in the June disappearance and death of University of Utah student MacKenzie Lueck. Gill said his decision to reject that option was simple.

Do you want to use a methodology that doesn’t have any “standardized protocols,” which might give a result some may accept and some may not, he asked, or do you want the “tried and tested” results from a crime lab? Gill said he will always choose the latter.

Probably, but my point was, SHE was not doing anything sexual. If they want to do that, out of her sight, that's fine, but it's not the same thing as her doing something sexual, on camera.

It's not, but I hope she's aware that this is the likely behavior of her audience. I'd worry myself sick about obsessive or stalkerish viewers, but that's me not her.

I have a teenage niece who has a YouTube channel where she gives makeup and fashion tips. She has enough followers that she makes some money at it – a nice gig for a high school girl exploring her career interests, her mom thinks. But it creeps me out, knowing she's being watched and not only by other teenage girls. This case certainly hasn't heightened my estimation of the safety of social media for young people. (Or older people either ... but some of these young girls in particular seem so naive about the risks of letting strangers into their world.)

JMO

It's not, but I hope she's aware that this is the likely behavior of her audience. I'd worry myself sick about obsessive or stalkerish viewers, but that's me not her.

I have a teenage niece who has a YouTube channel where she gives makeup and fashion tips. She has enough followers that she makes some money at it – a nice gig for a high school girl exploring her career interests, her mom thinks. But it creeps me out, knowing she's being watched and not only by other teenage girls. This case certainly hasn't heightened my estimation of the safety of social media for young people. (Or older people either ... but some of these young girls in particular seem so naive about the risks of letting strangers into their world.)

JMO
Oh, I totally agree. Absolutely. Many are naive about their Social Media and what can happen.

My daughter knows a girl who streams 'her feet' online for foot fetish peeps, who pay her pretty well. They send her shoes to 'model.' They send her instructions of what to do to her feet on camera, like put lotion on or wash them, etc...

It is not really sexual, but it is kind of, if it is your thing...
Hope she's not using her real name and home address? Can never be over cautious IMO.

Hope she's not using her real name and home address? Can never be over cautious IMO.
No, she doesn't. But I guess hards core hackers could figure it out?

I am not sure if she is still doing that. This was a couple of years ago, and it kind of freaked my daughter out when her friend told her about it. So they have lost touch.

Hopefully she found a better way to make a living.

I think he looks stunned and stupefied. And of course, not only has he probably not slept much for a while, his car is gone, his house has been searched and he's apparently fled to a friend's house. The life he knew went up in smoke.

I think he has gotten by with every illegal (and disgusting) thing he has done throughout his life and he cannot imagine this will not end with his release.

Rapid DNA machines have the potential to change policing, but not everyone in Utah is on board

Cache County District Attorney James Swink said there was enough forensic evidence found in the Whipple case that law enforcement used both the ANDE machines and the state crime lab to analyze samples and confirm each technology’s results.

The attorney general’s office proposed that Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill use Rapid DNA technology to analyze evidence in the June disappearance and death of University of Utah student MacKenzie Lueck. Gill said his decision to reject that option was simple.

Do you want to use a methodology that doesn’t have any “standardized protocols,” which might give a result some may accept and some may not, he asked, or do you want the “tried and tested” results from a crime lab? Gill said he will always choose the latter.
I appreciate DA’s desire to secure rock solid evidence. But new techniques often become “standardized protocol” when used pioneer style to convict in a trial- like footprints & DNA for the first time. It seems like this would be a perfect case to help standardize rapid DNA due to the volume of additional evidence. Here it could pave the way for justice far beyond Mackenzie’s case. JMO.

Another young university student found dead being considered a crime. Alexandria Kostial, 21. She attended Ole Miss.

So sad for both Kenzie's and this girl's families.

I hope the universities address these things and talk openly with students about them.

Does anyone know if there is a thread for the Kostial case? I looked and could not locate one, I would like to follow it as well as this one.

JMO
"naive about the risks of letting strangers into their world".
I could not have said it better than
that. Thank you

In the podcast, I believe it was Ashlee who said she thought ML went to the park because of a threat or extortion. She didn't elaborate.

Does anyone have any similar thoughts?

Hope she told LE EVERYTHING. one little detail could flip the entire case around.
BUT, Lyft driver said she seemed ok to walk towards him. No apprehension.
We’ve thought about all of this a million different ways. I hope justice is served and he is put to death. Preferably with a hammer through his skull. I know, inhumane treatment. Did she get humane treatment? Nope. And she deserved humane treatment. Some laws are wrong and need to be changed. Public executions deter more crime.

Another young university student found dead being considered a crime. Alexandria Kostial, 21. She attended Ole Miss.

So sad for both Kenzie's and this girl's families.

I hope the universities address these things and talk openly with students about them.

Does anyone know if there is a thread for the Kostial case? I looked and could not locate one, I would like to follow it as well as this one.
I suspect universities will not spend much time discussing this problem.
They are too busy with "other social issues".

I appreciate DA’s desire to secure rock solid evidence. But new techniques often become “standardized protocol” when used pioneer style to convict in a trial- like footprints & DNA for the first time. It seems like this would be a perfect case to help standardize rapid DNA due to the volume of additional evidence. Here it could pave the way for justice far beyond Mackenzie’s case. JMO.
Pioneer style fine and dandy if no other way to prove or as an adjunct. I’m with Gill. This is too important to risk being tossed bc the science won’t support the outcome. It has to be repeatable with the same outcome if it’s admitted as evidence in court.
So rapid is great if it means keeping him in jail with no bond. But backed up with traditional method to guarantee its use at trial.

I suspect universities will not spend much time discussing this problem.
They are too busy with "other social issues".

No argument from me there whatsoever. Not just discussion but promotion and advocacy of things some parents would and do disagree with as well.

To not discuss the murder of a student and reasons for it with other adult students though--wow...

Jmo.

I would like to respond to your question, but my answer would likely not be appreciated by the moderators of this forum. I want to
be able to continue to participate here without being deleted, suspended, or worse.

While I agree with moderating things posted in this forum, I do get a bit confused sometime. I see things posted I wouldn't dare post because of the subject matter,,but then there are no repercussions, so it confuses me.

I know we aren't to victim shame, but almost all of this thread is about sd/sb and 'lifestyles' and how they relate to the victim ML. There is so much more to this case I would like to see sleuthed and not just posting opinions and personal beliefs.

While I agree with moderating things posted in this forum, I do get a bit confused sometime. I see things posted I wouldn't dare post because of the subject matter,,but then there are no repercussions, so it confuses me.

I know we aren't to victim shame, but almost all of this thread is about sd/sb and 'lifestyles' and how they relate to the victim ML. There is so much more to this case I would like to see sleuthed and not just posting opinions and personal beliefs.
I agree, there are so many issues regarding this case. Many would be classified as " off topic". I'm not here to fight with other people who post opinions. Unfortunately, it is just difficult in this society to have adult conversations about many things that need to be talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993