MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose him being angry that she was following him is a motive, but it's highly unusual, as far as killings such as this go. I'm not sure I've ever heard of an actual case where someone, especially a woman, is shot because they are harassing someone (big leap, assuming that's the case). As far as young men being the perpetrators go, much more likely that the lady doesn't comply with what they want.

And maybe I'm the only one, but is it unusual for a college student to have a firearm handy? Although he is from Texas and goes to school in the South. I don't remember any of my guy friends in college being armed, but I did go to a nerdy school in the east.

I suppose him being angry that she was following him is a motive, but it's highly unusual, as far as killings such as this go. I'm not sure I've ever heard of an actual case where someone, especially a woman, is shot because they are harassing someone (big leap, assuming that's the case). As far as young men being the perpetrators go, much more likely that the lady doesn't comply with what they want.

And maybe I'm the only one, but is it unusual for a college student to have a firearm handy? Although he is from Texas and goes to school in the South. I don't remember any of my guy friends in college being armed, but I did go to a nerdy school in the east.
I agree, and I don't get the vibe she was harassing him, though I suppose that will come out in the press if true.

My working theory is they were supposed to meet at the bar but he wasn't there. She went home. Then they communicated via text or SM and she went back out to see him. Perhaps he was regularly unreliable/drunk and she was annoyed. He didn't like her being annoyed with him just "having a good time" and perhaps that set him off in a rage.

jmo

Just to clarify, I don't think that was his motive at all, I just think it could have been what occurred that night before he killed her due to his REAL reason.

Jmo.

I am wondering what type of firearm it was, did he have a permit, where did this happen, etc. This poor young woman - 8 bullets? what kind holds 8 shots? or did he re-load?

It would not be uncommon. Me and lots of my friends in college had firearms. They weren't allowed on campus, but after the first year most of us lived off campus. We hunted and just went shooting often.

I will note that 8 rounds is a very popular magazine size for sub-compact 9mm semi-auto pistols which are generally designed for concealed carry.

Mississippi also appears to be a "constitutional carry" state where no permit is required to carry a concealed handgun, not that someone bent on shooting a person is going to worry about having the proper permit . . . .

I am wondering what type of firearm it was, did he have a permit, where did this happen, etc. This poor young woman - 8 bullets? what kind holds 8 shots? or did he re-load?
Lots of semi-auto pistols would hold at least that many rounds. I am assuming its a pistol. If he went into a rage, probably just kept firing until the magazine was empty.

It would be refreshing to see such a person end up with the same result as anyone else would but the same has crossed my mind. Here comes the big buck private lawyer.

Perhaps we will be surprised, but I doubt it.

Jmo.
Maybe for once the parents will do the right thing & tell him to face the music on his own 22 year old feet. If he can screw up his life & the lives of so many others, he can be a big enough boy to deal with his own public defender.

Brandon Theesfeld leaving the Lafayette County Courthouse after his first court appearance

0:37
7K views

phhMgakYpZwkCDcB

12:42 PM · Jul 23, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

Could also be she was looking for someone and found out they weren’t there?

Very possible. It could also be that she was looking for someone, didn't see them, and continued on.

If you're truly looking for somebody at a bar on Friday night, I think it's more likely you will enter and look around. I thought this sounded abrupt -- like she approached the entrance and left without entering (per surveillance). I suppose it also possible AK thought it too crowded and retreated.

Given that she's dead, I'm sticking with AK saw somebody she did not want to see and left without entering.

MOO

I will note that 8 rounds is a very popular magazine size for sub-compact 9mm semi-auto pistols which are generally designed for concealed carry.

Mississippi also appears to be a "constitutional carry" state where no permit is required to carry a concealed handgun, not that someone bent on shooting a person is going to worry about having the proper permit . . . .
thanks - I know nothing about guns - now of course I am wondering were they at close range?

Yes, lots of guys at Ole Miss have guns (or atleast they did when I was a student there, a few years ago).

From the link:
"Theesfeld says on Facebook that he graduated in 2016 from Fort Worth Country Day School, but a classmate tells Heavy that Theesfeld actually graduated from San Marcos Academy, a private Baptist boarding school about 3 and a half hours south of Fort Worth.

According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Theesfeld left Fort Worth Country Day because of academics after attending the high school from 2012 to 2014. He then enrolled in San Marcos Academy."

I have a feeling Brandon is unpleasant to be around, and he's been that way for at least a few years.

And....AK was way out of his league. She was a go-getter, healthy, into fitness, well liked, etc. She had a bright future.

jmo

Brandon A. Theesfeld, 22, who was booked at 3:45 p.m. on Monday, has been arrested for the murder of Ole Miss student Alexandria ‘Ally’ Kostial.

The Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department and the Mississippi Bureau of Investigations released a statement at 11:08 a.m. confirming Theesfeld’s involvement with the case.

At the time of booking, next to Theesfeld’s name, “hold” was written under the charge line in the jail docket. However, the word was crossed out Tuesday morning, and written above it in bold letters was the word “murder.”

Further details are not being released at this time, according to a statement from LCSO Chief Investigator Alan Wilburn.

“As stated in the earlier press release, we are not releasing details of the Investigation as this is an ongoing investigation,” Wilburn said in the statement. “We will release when it is appropriate and not before. We want to thank the family (of) Alexandria for their patience and their trust in The Lafayette County Sheriff’s Dept. Brandon is in the Lafayette County Detention Center and a booking photo will be available sometime this afternoon.”

Kostial was found at 10:23 a.m. Saturday near the Buford Ridge area of Harmontown, approximately 20 miles from the Ole Miss campus. No further details have been released by the authorities regarding how Kostial died, though other reports claim she was shot multiple times.
https://www.oxfordeagle.com/2019/07/23/update-theesfeld-arrested-for-murder-of-alexandria-kostial/

I'm just sick. I'm hearing too much from my brother who still has friends in school there so I'm going to step away from here- all info that hasn't been confirmed in MSM yet but is just devastating.
Rest in peace Ally. You did not deserve to be treated this way, no one does. Truly heartbreaking.
I am so glad to see what a complete idiot this guy is (for many other reasons as well but) that he was so quickly found, arrested, and charged. I pray the judicial system works swiftly and he has to pay for this crime with his life- in jail or DP.

The predominate culture of college students nearly everywhere. I live in a university town. We have so many liquor stores!
True. But some have more of a party school rep than others. A good google search will help understand what I meant. That said, this crime goes beyond any one school's reputation and I would never want to lay any blame for a crime like this on the institution. Let me be clear, I believe the blame lays solely on the shoulders of the person who committed the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member