CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...something led LE to believe that the two men were the perps. What info was that? Info that they were spotted at the gas station as the same time as the victim? IDK, but maybe.

jmo
I think it has to be much more than that, it has to be actual forensic evidence.

DNA or finger prints or shoe impressions from the crime scene that matches them, evidence that they have the same kind of weapon(s) that killed all the victims, or evidence from the crime found with their camper truck near Dease Lake, such as blood or possessions from the victims.

Can you link to it? Thanks.

jmo

Kind of hard to see, but if you look in the window in upper right corner there is someone in dark t-shirt standing there. They had just walked in the door, slowed and turned to stand and look out the window.

Attachments

• Fowlermurdermangasstation3jpg.jpg
    Fowlermurdermangasstation3jpg.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 146
I may be lost, but are there still two missing men that started with them and a jeep missing and then the jeep was found?

Going off your post - makes me think they were laid that way so possibly shot in the van then placed outside after? Did the killer feel some remorse and want them to be found?

I’m not sure, but I was envisioning that they hadn’t been moved there, but rather had been forced there at gunpoint first.

At the time I posted that though, I was leaning toward there being one perpetrator, and it’s hard for one person to move a body even that far. I didn’t think they’d hang about to do that if time and avoiding detection were factors. I’ve only just woken up (feet haven’t hit the floor yet) to see news alerts from ABC News (Australia) saying the boys are now suspects. Then when I unlocked my phone and came to Websleuths, I had 27 alerts on here.

I’m about to make coffee, and then try and catch up.

I think it has to be much more than that, it has to be actual forensic evidence.

DNA or finger prints or shoe impressions from the crime scene that matches them, evidence that they have the same kind of weapon(s) that killed all the victims, or evidence from the crime found with their camper truck near Dease Lake, such as blood or possessions from the victims.
Yes, you're right. The bullets likely matched and perhaps other evidence. I got caught up in the spookiness of thinking it might be (is??) the two perps on the gas station video. Thanks for bringing me down to earth again. :)

jmo

Kind of hard to see, but if you look in the window in upper right corner there is someone in dark t-shirt standing there. They had just walked in the door, slowed and turned to stand and look out the window.
Yep.........They sure did....Was that about the time the young woman started washing the windshield ?.....moo

The crimes strike me as too cruel to have been done in desperation. I think it may have been an impulse kill--I'm torn between that and premeditation--but the state of the victims' shoes--makes me think they were taken by surprise. I also get the impression that Chynna may have sustained some really bad injuries, which makes me wonder if she was the intended target or is what initially caught their eye. :(

All MOO.

I think premeditated for their road trip, can't think of another reason to bring a gun "when looking for work". I want to know if gun was purchased before the trip or if it was stolen. Boys with no life/nothing going for them probably... there's so many movies about road trip kill sprees, they probably wanted to emulate this maybe.

Well...something led LE to believe that the two men were the perps. What info was that? Info that they were spotted at the gas station as the same time as the victim? IDK, but maybe.

jmo
Yes for sure. And showing the video to a family member would really prove yes or no. However, as stated on the PC today, it sounded like because the 2 of them had left BC and were seen in SK driving a vehicle that was not theirs, that was part of the reason.

IOW, after the teens went missing, LE observed the same video and showed it to family and made a connection because, voilà, there is one of them eyeing Chynna.
Maybe they even know what the unidentified male in Dease Lake was driving, so APB on that car. MOO

I may be lost, but are there still two missing men that started with them and a jeep missing and then the jeep was found?

Yeah I'd say you're lost LOL but so many different things going on. I *think* the 2 missing men in jeep, jeep later found you are referring to is the Surrey guys - hundreds of miles away and not connected. They have their own thread here I believe.

So you've got 2 skinny 6'4" teenagers on the run for murder. I imagine just about everyone in Canada knows about it and would be aware.

I'm not sure any disguise is going to do them much good... especially if they are together. Hope it ends peacefully, but I would imagine there is more violence to come.

it would be great if we could do a briefing post with all the relevant information from today and from the last two days, it would help to keep things going in a straight line, i don't mind working on it but i wanted to give the option to someone else if they wanted to do it

I believe the two men that got into the 2019 white Jeep in Surrey BC have still not been accounted for. That vehicle was found in Logan Lake, BC. We haven’t heard who the white Jeep belongs to, either.

From the way LE is handling it, I don’t think it is related to these crimes in northern BC

I knew I had read something about Red Deer

Schmegelsky said he travelled to Port Alberni from his home in Victoria every other week to visit his son. He was on his way on July 12 when he received a message from Bryer saying he and McLeod were headed to Alberta and might not have Internet access for a while.

He said he assumed the two were heading to Red Deer, where Bryer’s cousins live. He has been trying to contact him every day since.

Schmegelsky described his son, who did not finish high school, as “a smart kid” who was into computer games, curious about his ancestry and just starting to become less introverted. Schmegelsky said neither Bryer nor Kam is violent or into drugs.

He said both Bryer and Kam love to play games that simulate war and involve hunting and camouflage. He thinks the instincts they learned from playing those games could help explain where they are now.

RCMP not ruling out link between missing Vancouver Island teens, body found near truck, double slaying

Same guy that walks by them and heads to (probably) a vehicle. Not long after the van pulled in and while Chynna was cleaning the windows.

ok i'll start working on it from this post post #440

As a result of our request to public for information in connection with the Dease Lake investigation and the disappearance of Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky we are able to confirm some new information and issue a new plea to the public.

For the past few days investigators have been focussing on locating Kam and Bryer given that their vehicle and camper had been located on fire and the two were missing. We have also been working to identify a man who was discovered deceased about 2 kilometres south of the vehicle fire at a Highway pullout.

Efforts continue with respect to identifying the deceased man.

Investigators have also been able to confirm that Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky have left British Columbia and have been spotted in northern Saskatchewan. We believe they are likely continuing to travel, though we don’t have a possible destination. They were seen driving a grey 2011 Toyota Rav 4.

Kam McLeod is described as:
  • 6 foot 4
  • Approximately 169 pounds
  • Dark brown hair and facial hair
  • Brown eyes
Bryer Schmegelsky is described as:
  • 6 foot 4
  • Approximately 169 pounds
  • Sandy brown hair
The investigation is complex and evolving very quickly. Investigators continue to follow up on tips, reviewing the physical and digital evidence collected, and share information. We once again ask the public to call us with any information. You can call the Major Crime Tipline at 1-877-543-4822 or 778-290-5291. We remain committed to providing you with information that is important in advancing our investigations or any concerns with respect to public safety.

Once again we are requesting that the public have a look at the pictures and if you have seen Kam McLeod or Bryer Schmegelsky over the past few days to take no actions – do not approach – and call 911 immediately.

source - RCMP in British Columbia - Police request the public's assistance in locating the suspects connected to Northern BC investigations
67418_suspects-sm.jpg

67411_rav4.jpg

Dease_Lake.jpg

Missing teens now suspects in northern B.C. homicides | Watch News Videos Online

The two Port Alberni teens first thought to be missing, are now considered suspects in a double homicide investigation in northern B.C. and into the death of a man whose body was found near their burned out vehicle. clipped from msm globalnews..ca

Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, are also wanted in connection with the death of a man found about two kilometres from their burning pickup truck on Highway 37 last Friday, the BC RCMP said Tuesday.
full press confernece Clipped from MSM source - global news . ca
Police said McLeod and Schmegelsky have been spotted in northern Saskatchewan, and released new images taken of the pair in the prairie province.

They were last seen in a grey 2011 Toyota RAV 4. Police did not say when or specifically where the two were sighted.

Investigators said they are believed to still be travelling and may have changed their appearance or vehicle.

McLeod is described as six-foot-four, 169 pounds with dark hair and facial hair, and brown eyes. Schmegelsky is described as six-foot-four and 169 pounds with sandy hair. - anymore from globalnews.ca breaks Ws rules

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member