GUILTY NY - Christopher Grover, 30, shot to death, Poughkeepsie, 28 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

I’m sorry, but after watching this trial, I feel the jury made the right decision.
I feel terrible if she was ever abused, as she claims, but I feel there was more evidence to show her character and she didn’t come off, to me, as a battered woman. Now I understand those characteristics vary by person and situation, but I felt this case was very surprising to me. I initially wondered what led up to this, but now I feel that she was looking for a way out and the cps visit pushed her to it. JMO of course. I feel sorry for the kids, and I got a bit irritated when I read the comment from Elizabeth Clifton that she gave the journal after the verdict. She was a supporter of Nikki and she said “We’re heartbroken and devastated and we are thinking of Nikki’s (two children) who will go to sleep without their mother.”
Ummm I’m sorry but that’s because their mother chose to shot their father. I don’t feel sorry for her. I feel sorry for the kids and it’s sad.

Nicole Addimando sentencing pushed back to June 10

The sentencing for Nicole Addimando, originally set in court for May 20, will take place on June 10, according to one of her defense attorneys, John Ingrassia.

A Dutchess County jury on Friday found Addimando guilty of second-degree murder in connection with the September 2017 shooting death of Christopher Grover, her live-in boyfriend and the father of her children. She faces a maximum sentence of 25-years-to-life in prison.

Ingrassia said the May date was immediately set inside Dutchess County Court, but the defense requested a later date to allow for more time to submit sentencing submissions. The judge approved the request in court, he said.

I’m sorry, but after watching this trial, I feel the jury made the right decision.
I feel terrible if she was ever abused, as she claims, but I feel there was more evidence to show her character and she didn’t come off, to me, as a battered woman. Now I understand those characteristics vary by person and situation, but I felt this case was very surprising to me. I initially wondered what led up to this, but now I feel that she was looking for a way out and the cps visit pushed her to it. JMO of course. I feel sorry for the kids, and I got a bit irritated when I read the comment from Elizabeth Clifton that she gave the journal after the verdict. She was a supporter of Nikki and she said “We’re heartbroken and devastated and we are thinking of Nikki’s (two children) who will go to sleep without their mother.”
Ummm I’m sorry but that’s because their mother chose to shot their father. I don’t feel sorry for her. I feel sorry for the kids and it’s sad.

I agree. I think that the jury got this right. I think she planned it and I believe she needs mental health counseling. I think that given her background of claiming abuse and LE not finding any, she may have a warped sense of relationships.

I believe she killed him while he slept. He couldn’t defend himself and he wasn’t threatening her. If she was abused at some point by him, I feel she was strong enough to leave. Perhaps he had a life insurance policy that she felt would take care of her and the kids so she wouldn’t need to marry again.

Monday, June 10th:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ ET) – NY – Christopher Grover (30) (Sept. 28, 2017, Poughkeepsie, shot in head) - *Nicole “Nikki” Addimando (28) arrested (9/28/17), charged (10/2/17), indicted (6/27/18) & arraigned (7/2/18) with 2nd degree murder, 1st degree manslaughter, 2nd degree manslaughter & 2nd degree criminal possession of a weapon. Plead not guilty. $300K cash or $600K bond.
Trial started 3/18/19. 12 jurors are 8 women & 4 men; the 6 alternates are 2 women & 4 men.
Court hearings, jury selection & trial (Days 1-14; 3/18/19-4/4/19) reference post #144 here:
GUILTY - NY - Christopher Grover, 30, shot to death, Poughkeepsie, 28 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

4/12/19 Day 18: A jury found Nicole Addimando guilty of 2nd degree murder. She faces a maximum sentence of 25-years-to-life in prison. Also convicted of 2nd degree criminal possession of a weapon, a charge punishable by 3 ½ years- to 15-years in prison. Sentencing is scheduled for May 20.
4/13/19 Update: The defense requested a later date to allow for more time to submit sentencing submissions. The judge approved the request in court. New sentencing date is 6/10.

I haven’t heard anything!! I was hoping to go to the courthouse yesterday, but it was an absolute madhouse. No parking and there was a line out the door before 8am.
I am also not seeing any activity on the Facebook group for her, was hoping maybe someone attended and would have an update.
Ironically, Nina, the journalist covering the case left on April 29th for a job at the Grace Smith house for battered women. I wonder if this trial influenced her decision?
It doesn’t seem like the Poughkeepsie journal has assigned anyone to cover this. Very disappointing.

Ironically, Nina, the journalist covering the case left on April 29th for a job at the Grace Smith house for battered women. I wonder if this trial influenced her decision?
It doesn’t seem like the Poughkeepsie journal has assigned anyone to cover this. Very disappointing.

I have been thinking the same. All the info about abused women must have affected her. It doesn’t necessarily mean that she believes that Nikki was abused (however I have no idea if she indeed does believe so) but I think all the information obtained while covering this must have affected her, I know it would affect me if I started reading up on it.
I really wish we could get someone new to cover the story.

Please delete if not allowed, but it was mentioned she was due back in court on July 15th. I did not get this information from MSM since we don’t seem to have coverage for her.
If the date of 7/15 is correct, I will take a personal day from work and attend, since we seem to be on our own here. I’ll post updates if I see any!

Side note- kinda always wanted to be a beat journalist so here’s my shot!

Please delete if not allowed, but it was mentioned she was due back in court on July 15th. I did not get this information from MSM since we don’t seem to have coverage for her.
If the date of 7/15 is correct, I will take a personal day from work and attend, since we seem to be on our own here. I’ll post updates if I see any!

Side note- kinda always wanted to be a beat journalist so here’s my shot!

Thank you Presley78!

Nicole Addimando sentencing postponed; conference scheduled for July 30

Nicole Addimando's sentencing was pushed back again.

Last scheduled for this coming Monday, the sentencing was moved back at the request of the defense, according to Benjamin Ostrer, one of Addimando's defense attorneys.
[.....]
A new sentencing date has yet to be determined, but a conference date has been scheduled for July 30.

This is the latest postponement of the sentencing, which was originally scheduled for May 20. It was then pushed back to June 10 and rescheduled again for July 15.

I’m putting my request off for work in tomorrow to attend this. Hopefully they don’t postpone or push it back.
You think I’ll look like a creep sitting outside the courthouse 2 hours ahead of time considering I know nobody in this case-personally at least?

I’m putting my request off for work in tomorrow to attend this. Hopefully they don’t postpone or push it back.
You think I’ll look like a creep sitting outside the courthouse 2 hours ahead of time considering I know nobody in this case-personally at least?

I don't think so It's not that unusual, and I doubt you'll be the only one.

I’m in a private group run by Nikki’s family and supporters. They posted that the hearing on the 30th is private between the attorneys. They don’t have a sentencing date as of yet.
Sorry if this isn’t allowed since it’s not MSM.

Tuesday, July 30th:
*Conference Hearing (@ ET) – NY – Christopher Grover (30) (Sept. 28, 2017, Poughkeepsie, shot in head) - *Nicole “Nikki” Addimando (28) arrested (9/28/17), charged (10/2/17), indicted (6/27/18) & arraigned (7/2/18) with 2nd degree murder, 1st degree manslaughter, 2nd degree manslaughter & 2nd degree criminal possession of a weapon. Plead not guilty. $300K cash or $600K bond.
Trial started 3/18/19. 12 jurors are 8 women & 4 men; the 6 alternates are 2 women & 4 men.
Court hearings, jury selection & trial (Days 1-14; 3/18/19-4/4/19) reference post #144 here:
GUILTY - NY - Christopher Grover, 30, shot to death, Poughkeepsie, 28 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

4/12/19 Day 18: A jury found Nicole Addimando guilty of 2nd degree murder. She faces a maximum sentence of 25-years-to-life in prison. Also convicted of 2nd degree criminal possession of a weapon, a charge punishable by 3 ½ years- to 15-years in prison. Sentencing is scheduled for May 20.
4/13/19 Update: The defense requested a later date to allow for more time to submit sentencing submissions. The judge approved the request in court. New sentencing date is 6/10. 6/10/19: Rescheduled for 7/15.

7/15/19 Update: Sentencing has been postponed. conference hearing set for 7/30. No date for sentencing yet.

Nicole Addimando murder case, in yet another delay, set for sentencing hearing on Sept. 4

July 30, 2019

"...The Town of Poughkeepsie woman's lawyers and representatives of the Putnam County District Attorney’s Office met Tuesday morning with Dutchess County Court Judge Edward McLoughlin during a conference in McLoughlin’s chambers.

Attorneys for both sides said after the conference that the request for the hearing came from the defense. Larry Glasser of the Putnam County District Attorney’s Office and Benjamin Ostrer, attorney for Addimando, each declined further comment following the conference...."

Nicole Addimando murder case, in yet another delay, set for sentencing hearing on Sept. 4

Wednesday, Sept. 4th:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ ET) – NY – Christopher Grover (30) (Sept. 28, 2017, Poughkeepsie, shot in head) - *Nicole “Nikki” Addimando (28) arrested (9/28/17), charged (10/2/17), indicted (6/27/18) & arraigned (7/2/18) with 2nd degree murder, 1st degree manslaughter, 2nd degree manslaughter & 2nd degree criminal possession of a weapon. Plead not guilty. $300K cash or $600K bond.

4/13/19 Update: The defense requested a later date to allow for more time to submit sentencing submissions. The judge approved the request in court. New sentencing date is 6/10. 6/10/19: Rescheduled for 7/15.
7/15/19 Update: Sentencing has been postponed. Conference hearing set for 7/30. No date for sentencing yet. 7/30/19: Sentencing scheduled for 9/4.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back