WI WI - Nicholas Hietpas, 22, & dog, vehicle found abandoned in Oconto Co., Appleton, 1 Apr 2019

Also, I noticed that several folks are keeping track of animal rescue sites and reporting white GSDs that have turned up and messaging his mom.
I was hoping the police would alert all the animal rescue sites and shelters, get the word out there.

I was hoping the police would alert all the animal rescue sites and shelters, get the word out there.
ITA. I would hope they would keep records because a beautiful GDS like her would almost certainly be adopted out again pretty quickly. It is a puzzle to me that she is described as a service dog but wasn't microchipped.

It also puzzles me that her collar was found on the road, unbuckled which tells me someone took it off of her. Was that to keep her safe from getting hung up on something or was it to make her untraceable if she was found?
If it had been found still buckled then that would tell an entirely different story.

I have seen service dog, not clear on that. Not much seems available to us. Frustrating, I just keep digging around trying to find anything that might help locate them. Bupkis is what I have....

I'm sure the family is coming at this with more information than we have. The fact that they have put up flyers in the area that he disappeared in makes me think that the last contact with him was in that area.
His last contact was on April 1st which was a Monday morning, who was it with and what did he say? Was it with a family member or was it to his job saying he wasn't coming in?
There just isn't enough urgency on the part of LE for me to think that there is consideration of criminal activity.
If he left voluntarily, why would he leave on foot, leaving his vehicle, that makes no sense at all.
The service dog description was on the Oconto County sheriff department web site.

Am confident family has better idea about the situation, assume they believe it's a voluntary missing. Guessing LE has done their part. SARs as well, huge area to search ! Prayers for all ! Hope they turn up safe and sound.

Am confident family has better idea about the situation, assume they believe it's a voluntary missing. Guessing LE has done their part. SARs as well, huge area to search ! Prayers for all ! Hope they turn up safe and sound.
I think any family's heads and hearts have to go to voluntary missing because the alternatives are too awful.

I understand that the area has a large number of summer vacation/hunting cabins. Is it likely he could be staying at one unknown to other folks in the area? A voluntary off the grid situation?

That's the way I am leaning, circumstances of car,gear, collar still bothers me. But with planning people go off grid everyday. Nicholas is avid hiker from what I can find. Hope that serves he and Sam well. Gotta think it's second nature to them. That's a huge plus.

It was a big one, thinking of Nicholas and Samantha hope they are safe and well somewhere up there.

I hope they are safely in a cabin somewhere thinking things through and not out in the open. Sometimes the thoughts on people's minds are so serious to them that they cannot see the big picture. I hope that Samantha is the best friend ever to him and helps him through this.

My fear is that the monster storm that rolled through here may erase any sign of Nicholas and Samantha. After seeing what it did to our campground, and all the flattened forests, if he is out there it may be a miracle to find him.

My fear is that the monster storm that rolled through here may erase any sign of Nicholas and Samantha. After seeing what it did to our campground, and all the flattened forests, if he is out there it may be a miracle to find him.

Storm damage will make that very difficult. Praying Nicholas and Samantha are safe somewhere. Can't imagine what this family is going through . Thanks to you all , awesome bunch of sleuthers !!

Oconto Co Sheriff's Office Facebook keeping track of storm clean up. Lots of damage. Hope everyone is doing well and getting roads open and power on. Unfortunately, no updates available that I can find for Nicholas and Samantha. Please keep checking and keep them in your prayers. Wish the family strength in daily endeavors. I would be a non-functional mess by now. Hope their support system is close at hand ! If anyone has found updates please take a moment and share.

Just my sweep of the few places to check for any information and updates on N and S and have found absolutely nothing.
They know something we don't know that supports the quietness on the search front.
If there is evidence of self harm or voluntary walk away, like a note or something, is LE obligated to keep looking for the body or for the person?

Would think that's LE call. After the May search, there hasn't been much that I could find. I imagine budget constraints play a large roll in the search planning. Man hours available etc. Probably can not justify if they don't think he is in a victim of foul play or that he intends to self harm . The recent storm will slow everything down for a while. It had crazy down bursts and a ton of rain. Jammed across Mn and Wi, came across Lake Michigan and still had enough energy to leave damage and flooding. Will keep Praying for Nicholas and Samantha and their Loved ones. And checking for info. Thanks to you all as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back