MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cited Winkler. They made the victim out to be a bully that she was scared of, and got it down to involuntary manslaughter. She was sympathetic. That tactic won’t play here.

No lawyer is going to make Brandon Theesfeld likable or sympathetic compared to Ally Kostial. They may go with the old “I blacked out and don’t know what happened,” to try to plea it down but that will be a hard sell.

You cited Winkler. They made the victim out to be a bully that she was scared of, and got it down to involuntary manslaughter. She was sympathetic. That tactic won’t play here.

No lawyer is going to make Brandon Theesfeld likable or sympathetic compared to Ally Kostial. They may go with the old “I blacked out and don’t know what happened,” to try to plea it down but that will be a hard sell.

I truly hope you are correct and justice will prevail.

Those look like successful cases. I want to see all of their cases, or have they won every case they've ever had?

I’ve lived in the area for thirty years and never heard of them losing a high-profile case. It’s possible though.

Believe me, I’m no fan but if I was ever arrested for a crime ... I would call SF first if I had the $

Hello everyone. I joined this site because a friend mentioned this case to me and I got interested reading this thread. Wondering if I'm the only one who thinks it's possible that he hired someone to do it and brought Ally to the site but didn't personally shoot her?

And perhaps the anger about the negative view the murder has brought to the university is part of sealing the case. Seal it in an effort to squash the chatter and scrutiny.

Could be.

jmo
The town of Oxford has to be so bummed about this. They recently had a local married policeman break in and shoot his mistress in the head which got widespread attention. Now this and the national news media is all over it.

For the past few years they have been promoting Oxford as one of America's ideal places to retire. This can't help with that campaign.

I would expect they'll do everything to keep this under the radar and get MSM off the scent.

Hello everyone. I joined this site because a friend mentioned this case to me and I got interested reading this thread. Wondering if I'm the only one who thinks it's possible that he hired someone to do it and brought Ally to the site but didn't personally shoot her?

With all due respect then, how did he get blood on his clothing? He stood close enough to a shooter he used or hired to watch and have spatter? I guess we don't know that it was her blood but it seems likely. Clearly they had enough both for a warrant pretty quickly (cell phone and credit card) and enough to both be tracking him and to arrest him for her murder.

Jmo though.

With all due respect then, how did he get blood on his clothing?...
IMO, the only thing that he can possibly say is that Ally and he were going out to the lake to make out or have some private time together, and some guy approached them, yelling and screaming at her.

He was shocked and assumed that it was her boyfriend who caught her cheating. He shot her over and over again, accusing her of being pregnant by another guy.

I mean, I believe, that Brandon is going to go with some outlandish story that isn't going to fly. If that gun in his vehicle is the murder weapon, he has no story whatsoever--except that he blacked out and doesn't know what happened.

I guess that he could say that this unknown guy grabbed his gun from his unlocked truck...I'm sure that a jury would believe that this poor guy just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...Sort of like Jodi Arias.

I just do not see how he will get out of this crime. I don't care what kind of high powered lawyers he has if all of the evidence points back to him as well as a DNA test if there is in fact a baby.

Last edited:

I totally agree with you. I don't understand how Winkler's jury didn't understand that Winkler murdered her husband because she didn't want him to find out that she was check kiting and was involved in some Nigerian scam.

She shot him in the back while he was sleeping, for Heaven's sake. Apparently, this jury left its common sense at the curb on deliberation day or at the same place that Casey Anthony's jury checked its common sense when it arrived at a NG verdict.

I’ll be curious to see how it shakes out. I personally believe the best the guy will get is life without parole. You have to remember the optics. Ole Miss prides itself on being a super safe school, campus, and town. It was a huge factor in not only my decision to go there,but influenced my parents as well. I know for other out of state girls it was a factor as well and encourage their parents to let them go farther away from home.

If they let him off the hook, or give him too soft of a deal the optics will look horrible. Parents will think “well they let him off easy for killing a girl, who is to say another guy won’t go crazy and shoot my daughter as well, and then not get proper punishment”. Enrollment could dip, donations from the numerous alumni might go down, and ultimately the town would suffer. I mean that might be a stretch but that’s where my train of thought goes. They will make an example of him. Edit: this is assuming the evidence is/will be as strong as we think it will be.

No I don't think so. Why would another shooter aim at the torso and shoot repeatedly? A hired killer would shoot for the head, imo, and be done with it quickly.

Welcome to WS.

jmo

This will be a tough conviction regardless of the evidence. His attorney SF is a legend around here and he is known to work miracles. Plus, this is his turf so review his cases ...

The above is a understatement to say the least. Don’t assume anything regarding the outcome.

Read up on Mary Winkler who shot and killed her preacher husband. She was represented by SF. Plus, this is only the tip of the iceberg.

No doubt SF is a good lawyer. But I also think he plays the cards he’s dealt. Without knowing any evidence except the speed in which they made an arrest, I’m guessing he’ll try and get a deal.

He’ll poke holes along the way, but not enough for reasonable doubt, enough to rattle the prosecution and broker a deal where BT gets out some day.

If you want to read up on Third District Court, I’d suggest Fall of the House of Zeus. Different story, many of the same people.

No doubt SF is a good lawyer. But I also think he plays the cards he’s dealt. Without knowing any evidence except the speed in which they made an arrest, I’m guessing he’ll try and get a deal.

He’ll poke holes along the way, but not enough for reasonable doubt, enough to rattle the prosecution and broker a deal where BT gets out some day.

If you want to read up on Third District Court, I’d suggest Fall of the House of Zeus. Different story, many of the same people.

Yes, I think the strategy will be to try to intimidate the prosecutors with the lawyer's legend and daddy's money, so that they can negotiate a deal.

Has it been said that the suspect (I can’t even bring myself to type his initials) will plead not guilty?

I’m sure this has been stated by now, but I needed a mental break from this case for a minute.

No I don't think so. Why would another shooter aim at the torso and shoot repeatedly? A hired killer would shoot for the head, imo, and be done with it quickly.

Welcome to WS.

jmo

Because he was told to? Thanks for the welcome. I can't reply to the other poster's response. Not sure why.

Not to throw a wrench in anyone’s hopes of conviction and a stiff sentence but I think right now there isn’t much we know as fact as far as evidence. All we really know is that his clothes appeared to have blood on them. I’m having a hard time believing he would still be wearing bloody clothes after 2 days but maybe it wasn’t the clothes he was wearing and was actually clothes in his truck. Even still, that could very well have panned out to not be blood or not be AK’s. We just don’t know. Next we know he had a gun. Could be the murder weapon and then yes that would make it much easier to convict. But it could also not be. He was known to have one. Many people keep guns in their glove box.
Next we know she was shot multiple times per the coroner report. The 8 times that had been released in media was incorrect or at least not in the released report and neither was the location of where she was shot. With all the rumors and false information that was put out there i’m Skeptical at this point to believe all shots were to the torso until the official report is ever released.
And lastly the father indicated he knew more info than he could say that leads him to believe his son is innocent. I keep wondering what that could possibly be. What’s the story there even if it is a story.
Have to say right now i’m Not feeling confident this guy will be convicted based on what we do know right now. To many maybes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname