CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was a kid, when camping north of Meadow Lake, we used to do this for "fun".... it does not always go well LOL
We often went to the dump—it was like a drive in movie! What I am trying to say is that people frequent the dump and therefore have more eyes on it to spot something/someone out of place.

All these rumors are kinda annoying and possibly misleading. I'm taking any random twitter users posts with a grain of salt until I see something official confirmed. Here's to hoping though.

Yes, it's hard to tell because sometimes the twitter posts are false and some turn out to be correct - like the burning of the RAV4. Those pictures were posted on twitter long before it was confirmed in the media and it did turn out to be their vehicle.

is CTV the biggest live news in Canada, i have access to about 200 channels but i don't know what i am looking for, who would do breaking news / live news?

I’d be very surprised if any reporters are on site at York Landing. Aside from safety, its a First Nations community located on their private land.

Interestingly, no main outlet has picked up the video on Twitter which has now been up for an hour. On my Twitter feed, at least, there are also no comments visible, including the usual press query “can we use this?” Many thousands of retweets, but no discussion about its legitimacy.
Where I was reading CTV guy was asking to use it or for the person to get in touch with him FWIW

Tip made the RCMP move to a place called York Landing. Credible sighting. Shots fired. Nothing else has been confirmed.

The manhunt has heated up. It looks like there’s a good chance these guys are surrounded.

Just waiting for word of a capture.

WOW!
I've never scrolled so fast lol.

Thank you! I have learned so much from all of this, not that I wish it had happened.

It's been many years since I spent time up in that part of the world, but I remember it staying light until quite late in the evening. It was a little disconcerting then, because I thought of the inverse, what it must be like in winter, but it should help the authorities in their search this evening.

map-of-york-landing.jpg

The Bear Clan, which was created to keep the peace and assist residents in inner-city communities in Winnipeg, expanded its reach this week to the northern portion of the province to back up Mounties as they canvassed homes in Gillam.

About a half-hour later, RCMP wearing tactical gear began coming into the community, along with police dogs. Helicopters were also in the air, assisting in the search.

"A lot of craziness right now," Bighetty said. "It's a surreal moment right now knowing they could be in this small, isolated community.

"The area is very dense with forest, he said. "It could be 20 yards [18 metres] in the woods – you wouldn't be able to see them."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mani...-york-landing-man-for-b-c-fugitives-1.5228418

This web site is so wonky today. :mad:

Anyway, RCMP is asking the public to not mention on social media where their officers are located.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mani...b-c-fugitives-1.5228418?__vfz=medium=sharebar

18 & 19 years old escape police, RCMP and the army for nearly a week in rough & tough terrain filled with biting insects and wildlife, survive all that and are seen and given chase by a community based group (Bear clan) 200kms away from where the searches were taking place. What impresses you? Pray tell
Personnally, I'm disappointed with LE and all the paraphenalia at their disposal and still unable to track 2 neophytes "survivalists".

You’re talking about an an incredibly large area, an unforgiving terrain, woods, water, weather to contend with, and countless structures to search.

These evil morons did nothing special. They just benefited from all the things that RCMP and the military had working against them.

18 & 19 years old escape police, RCMP and the army for nearly a week in rough & tough terrain filled with biting insects and wildlife, survive all that and are seen and given chase by a community based group (Bear clan) 200kms away from where the searches were taking place. What impresses you? Pray tell
Personnally, I'm disappointed with LE and all the paraphenalia at their disposal and still unable to track 2 neophytes "survivalists".
Except that police were there within half an hour; they weren't 200 km away in Gillam. They're searching that whole area, and the area is HUGE. Having extra eyes out there on patrol has increased any chance of spotting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname