CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a great article! It said the two canoeists had maps, compass and GPS, but no Sat phone. I only know a little bit about GPS, it needs three points for triangulation, doesn't it? I wonder if there is a way for law enforcement to sweep particular frequencies in that area, to see if there are GPS units being used?
I don't think regular GPS needs three points, A-GPS does. A GPS unit is usually not A-GPS (assisted)
GPS was created for US military purpose I believe, so getting any information from GPS satellites re: units being used is probably impossible.

We often went to the dump—it was like a drive in movie! What I am trying to say is that people frequent the dump and therefore have more eyes on it to spot something/someone out of place.

But I can’t imagine what would be appealing about digging for food in a dump. Rotting meat and spoiled food brings flies and maggots.

We are continuing to update this story as it develops. One of the Bear Clan members who called in the sighting says the two men appeared to be scavenging for food at the York Landing dump. Read more here: (link: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/rcmp-searching-york-landing-man-for-b-c-fugitives-1.5228418) cbc.ca/news/canada/ma…
@CBCAlerts
@CBCNews
@CBCManitoba
@cbcnewsbc
Wonder if they'd been raiding the dump regularly for a couple of days. It would be easier pickings, I assume, than trying to live off the land for inexperienced woodsmen. MOO

Bears don't autom

Agreed. As a Canadian, I can say that bears don't automatically attack humans! If humans keep their distance and don't surprised a bear, make lots of noise to scare them away when on a hike or the bear isn't a protective mama, they can and do move on. BUT on the other hand, they can ATTACK! It's that you.never.know! Personally, I love seeing bears from a distance, and I think they define Canada as a nation as opposed to our official animal mascot, the beaver.

For sure! I've had several close up encounters with bears in my younger years when I used to backcountry camp and kayak and never had a problem. If you run into one, you just stop, talk loudly to it, and wait for it to clear. I'd say the closest I've ever been to a bear was about 20- 30 ft away on a backcountry trail. It had two cubs with it and my friends and I just waited for the cubs to run along before we carried on our way. Not saying you shouldn't be careful or to approach them, but many, many people have encounters with bears without issue.

global BC news at 6 had an interview with the leader of the bear clan giving more detail on the sighting, but i haven’t been able to find the clip online
the important tidbit I read is that the 2 Bear Clan guys said the perps still had the same clothes on as they did in the surveillance
video at the store where they didn't buy anything. Pretty strong evidence that it's them.

Better yet there is only 1 road out of Gillam, and the RCMP may have simply been too busy organizing their gear and dogs and equipment and missed them. They didn’t hike through the muskeg or swim to York landing that’s for sure. Did LE bother to patrol or check the river for missing boats?
I'm sure once we're all implanted with a gps device, or
police develop their mind-reading capabilities, this stuff will be a piece of cake. Meanwhile, they were relying on old style technology like dogs. It was all the dogs fault.

I just looked up today's sunset time for York Landing, and it will be 9.40pm. The time there is currently 8.46pm.

To be fair, I live in Toronto and having asked about 20 people if they heard about this case or any of these people and no one had a clue that this is even happening.

Well, I don't live in Toronto, but I don't live in BC or Manitoba either, and I'm going to guess that if I asked 20 people where I live, I don't think they would have heard either. It's a sign of the times. Newspapers used to keep people connected, but now we each find our own resources.

(But, hey, it's Canada ...and it's our cultural heritage to slag Toronto! ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix