Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how Canadian law works, but I would think they would need more evidence to suspect them than them just being in the area.

So in Canadian law this is where it gets sketchy. Think of the whole system like the high jump ...

The bar for arresting and charging is a foot of the ground,

The bar for having appropriate evidence to gain committal and actually force it to trial is 2 feet off the ground

The bar for conviction is 6 feet off the ground.

The first two they don’t need much. To charge and move forward. But getting the conviction is where they need to actually have their stuff together!

dailytelegraph

Can anyone get past the sign in?

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

"One of them was Gillam’s only taxi driver, Amar Sahota, who believes he talked to one of them on the afternoon of Monday, July 22.

Mr Sahota says he knows 95 per cent of the clients who call for a cab in the town of 500 where he has worked for 13 years.

But this man called and he didn’t use my name, he was a stranger, and he wanted a ride to (an indigenous settlement 30km north of Gillam called) Bird,” Mr Sahota told News Corp Australia.
I told him I wouldn’t because my small car can’t go on those rough dirt roads, and he hung up on me. The next day when we heard about the boys being around here, I thought it was them. I thought I was very lucky because maybe I would have been one of their victims.

Mr Sahota reported the encounter to a police phone hotline, but has yet to hear back.
Nobody asked to see his phone record and the number has long since faded from his call log because he gets dozens of calls a day."

I get the impression both victims may have been left alive to die a slow death sadly :( CD had the bubbles (still breathing?) and if LF one small wound to abdomen, might not be instant either. Terrible. JMO.
I’ve asked in other posts already but can you tell me where everyone is finding this detailed information. I have googled everything I can think of and I don’t know why i can’t find what you all can. If you could point me in the right direction, I would like to get caught up. Thanks

RE: BS’s father, AS

This has been niggling in my brain like a little worm for over a week now so I thought I might as well get it out here and be done with it.

Something has bothered me about AS from the beginning. It might simply be my typical WASP Canadian upbringing (white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant) and I’m just uncomfortable with the public displays of very genuine emotion, but...

In the first interview he does with CHEK tv, AS offers a screenshot of his last text messages with BS (link below).

I’m sure I’m just being an overzealous, pedantic Sleuther here (Sleutheryn?) leaping at anything in the absence of fresh updates, but AS makes a funny use of punctuation that I can’t get out of my head.

Transcription/Summary:
On July 12, BS tells AS he and Kim [sic] are going to Alberta and he won’t have internet.
AS responds about BS taking off after only two paycheques and that AS bought $100 cologne for BS.

Then a day later AS says send photos. No response.
Then a day later AS says hi. No response.
Then a day later AS says hi again. No response.
Then that same day AS texts: Did you get “there” yet.

It’s those quotation marks that keep floating around my head. Why the air quotes? If my kid was heading somewhere, I wouldn’t choose to type the quotation marks.

I’m sure it’s completely nothing so please feel free to heap the abuse on me, but it just feels like that guy you share a secret with who can’t help himself but drop hints to the secret in front of other people.

Anyway, clearly just my overactive and conspiracy-theory bound opinion.

It’s at 0:51.

Father holding out hope after two Port Alberni teens vanish in northern B.C.

People are supposed to provide links to the police or genuine news site they find the information on, but it seems that some wild speculation and some unverified statements have been taken as being real on here today?
It could all very well be verified, I just don’t know where everyone is finding these detailed reports and such. I am very interested to read it for myself because I feel very uniformed now! Lol

It could all very well be verified, I just don’t know where everyone is finding these detailed reports and such. I am very interested to read it for myself because I feel very uniformed now! Lol

IIRC certain physical observations were made by a Mr. Pierre, paramedic, who spent several hours guarding the death scene while waiting for the RCMP. He spoke to the media about it quite soon afterwards...I think.

Btw you must be up late!

CBC News Alerts‏Verified account @CBCAlerts
Chynna Deese's brother is asking the 'entire country of Canada' to help bring in the 2 fugitive suspects as her family mourns the American woman who was one of 3 people slain in northern B.C.

2:56 AM - 1 Aug 2019

I'm so glad the family is not going to let this go, when people are killed and they have family or friends that fight for them, never let it go, it usually ends in justice.

This beautiful story made me cry.

Debra Dennis made a wreath as a gesture to Leonard Dyck’s family. She and her husband drove by the clearing 6 days later to pay their respects to the stranger who died.

"We just stood in silence," said Dennis, born and raised in the nearby Iskut community. "Driving back home, thinking about everything, thinking about his family, my heart absolutely goes out to them. I just wanted to honour this man. It saddens me he died this way on our territory. I just knew there was something I wanted to do." She had the idea to lay a wreath in memoriam as a gesture to Dyck's family from the community.

She gathered a bundle of pine boughs, curved them into shape and laid a few purple flowers and pine cones on top. She looked over her own collection of eagle feathers, many given to her as gifts and picked one to give away. "I just held it," she said. "When you know, you know."

She drove back to the clearing to set the wreath with her daughter. She brought tobacco to spread as an offering, something she says she personally does as a way to give thanks or ask for something from the higher power she believes in.

"I just did what we wanted to do. I prayed for his family. Give them strength for the days ahead. I've had losses in my life. Your hands are on your knees some days, and it's hard to get back up."

"As Tahltan people, we care. This happened on our territory," she continued. "A lot of hearts are heavy."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...vancouver-death-wreath-quietly-laid-1.5226788

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pro. Inv. 1818