Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the impression both victims may have been left alive to die a slow death sadly :( CD had the bubbles (still breathing?) and if LF one small wound to abdomen, might not be instant either. Terrible. JMO.

I’ve asked in other posts already but can you tell me where everyone is finding this detailed information. I have googled everything I can think of and I don’t know why i can’t find what you all can. If you could point me in the right direction, I would like to get caught up. Thanks

This is what you're looking for. The video is only 3:32 long and the relevant part is at 1:20.

RCMP: ‘Link’ possible northern B.C. double murder, missing teens, burned truck, dead man | Watch News Videos Online

Last edited:
I thought about this last night after I posted my map...I dont think these guys had a plan at all...I also think they didn't realize that the road dead ended...so they ran out of gas, torched the Rav4 in the mistaken idea that no one could identify the car if it was burnt out and headed out on foot, maybe to the end of that road and who knows where. I think they were afraid to double back because the earlier stop by the band members spooked them. I also think that is why they kept going further and not turning around after they bought gas.

Guys their age think they are invincible and they probably felt pretty good health wise at the time they left the Rav and figured they would walk out of there. I know I can underestimate my strength and health sometimes as I am an avid runner, and always think I can go farther and faster when I should be stopping...

I dont think they had any mastermind plan after they bought gas except to find another person with a car to overpower, which didn't happen in my mind. So, they had to walk somewhere to find the next car or next cabin or place to figure out what to do. I know that Sundance has been mentioned as an abandoned ghost town...perhaps they went back there. I also know that someone in Gilliam said that from where they left the Rav4 that it is an 11 hour walk back to Gilliam.

My opinions only!

RE: BS’s father, AS

This has been niggling in my brain like a little worm for over a week now so I thought I might as well get it out here and be done with it.

Something has bothered me about AS from the beginning. It might simply be my typical WASP Canadian upbringing (white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant) and I’m just uncomfortable with the public displays of very genuine emotion, but...

In the first interview he does with CHEK tv, AS offers a screenshot of his last text messages with BS (link below).

I’m sure I’m just being an overzealous, pedantic Sleuther here (Sleutheryn?) leaping at anything in the absence of fresh updates, but AS makes a funny use of punctuation that I can’t get out of my head.

Transcription/Summary:
On July 12, BS tells AS he and Kim [sic] are going to Alberta and he won’t have internet.
AS responds about BS taking off after only two paycheques and that AS bought $100 cologne for BS.

Then a day later AS says send photos. No response.
Then a day later AS says hi. No response.
Then a day later AS says hi again. No response.
Then that same day AS texts: Did you get “there” yet.

It’s those quotation marks that keep floating around my head. Why the air quotes? If my kid was heading somewhere, I wouldn’t choose to type the quotation marks.

I’m sure it’s completely nothing so please feel free to heap the abuse on me, but it just feels like that guy you share a secret with who can’t help himself but drop hints to the secret in front of other people.

Anyway, clearly just my overactive and conspiracy-theory bound opinion.

It’s at 0:51.

Father holding out hope after two Port Alberni teens vanish in northern B.C.

I completely agree, Moriarty. It is as if he is concerned authorities, or someone not privy to where they were going, might see his convo and wherever the secret destination is. Actually, I have done this at times when discussing certain people with my daughter. It seems like a security thing. VERY good sleuthing IMO.

Something has bothered me about AS from the beginning. It might simply be my typical WASP Canadian upbringing (white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant) and I’m just uncomfortable with the public displays of very genuine emotion, but...
e it’s completely nothing so please feel free to heap the abuse on me, but it just feels like that guy you
I as well have been very troubled by things he has said and implied and his need to be in the spotlight of all these tragic and disturbing events.

CBC on Alberta at noon, July 30, 2019 Judy Aldous has Mike Arntfield, university professor, criminologist and former police officer, on as a one of her guests. He also states that the demeanour of AS is suspicious and questionable.
https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radi...clip/15729637-july-30-the-manhunt-in-manitoba
It is interspersed with some local stuff which is probably of no interest to most here. I enjoy him and think he has an insightful perspective considering his former LE experience.

And maybe it’s more common than I know cause I’ve never looked into it before but there’s been some major million dollar drug busts recently all over Canada, including BC , Alberta, Winnipeg, and Ontario. So that makes you wonder
If they were involved in some sort of drug ring, that's not good for them considering who pretty much runs the drug trade in BC. The same group has been involved in quite a few of those big time busts

I as well have been very troubled by things he has said and implied and his need to be in the spotlight of all these tragic and disturbing events.

CBC on Alberta at noon, July 30, 2019 Judy Aldous has Mike Arntfield, university professor, criminologist and former police officer, on as a one of her guests. He also states that the demeanour of AS is suspicious and questionable.
https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radi...clip/15729637-july-30-the-manhunt-in-manitoba
It is interspersed with some local stuff which is probably of no interest to most here. I enjoy him and think he has an insightful perspective considering his former LE experience.

Darn... it's only available to listen to in Canada.

I think they were afraid to double back because the earlier stop by the band members spooked them. I also think that is why they kept going further and not turning around after they bought gas.

I originally felt the same way but after thinking about it, I feel like the checkpoint is off the main highway and you likely only pass through it when you head into the reserve, which is likely what they were doing... going to get fuel. So they probably didn’t need to go back through the checkpoint if they were to turn around.

I agree - there is no rush in Canada to name them charged rather than suspected in the deaths of Lucas and Chynna - especially if they have charges pending. The 2 suspects have a Canada wide warrant leveled against them for the killing of Leonard Dyke and that's enough to have them searched for and then arrested.

In the meantime, investigators will continue to gather additional solid evidence (which Canadian citizens aren't privy too) to build a case against the suspects for the murders of Lucas and Chynna and Leonard Dyke as well.

I suppose if for some reason, the charges are dropped against the suspects for the murder of Mr. Dyke, then charges might quickly be brought forward against the suspects for the murders of the other two but it's highly unlikely that scenario would happen.

I don't think the lack of charges against the suspects for the murder of Lucas and Chynna is anything to worry about. The RCMP are probably just gathering evidence and will lay charges when they need to and not before.

It is strange, though, when Sgt. Janelle Shoihet, the RCMP spokesperson in B.C., said in an interview with national CBC-TV that charges regarding Chynna and Lucas would be laid soon. That was on Sunday, I believe. I'm not sure what "soon" means.

This has been niggling in my brain like a little worm for over a week now so I thought I might as well get it out here and be done with it.

In the first interview he does with CHEK tv, AS offers a screenshot of his last text messages with BS (link below).

I’m sure I’m just being an overzealous, pedantic Sleuther here (Sleutheryn?) leaping at anything in the absence of fresh updates, but AS makes a funny use of punctuation that I can’t get out of my head.

Transcription/Summary:
On July 12, BS tells AS he and Kim [sic] are going to Alberta and he won’t have internet.
AS responds about BS taking off after only two paycheques and that AS bought $100 cologne for BS.

Then a day later AS says send photos. No response.
Then a day later AS says hi. No response.
Then a day later AS says hi again. No response.
Then that same day AS texts: Did you get “there” yet.

It’s those quotation marks that keep floating around my head. Why the air quotes? If my kid was heading somewhere, I wouldn’t choose to type the quotation marks.

I’m sure it’s completely nothing so please feel free to heap the abuse on me, but it just feels like that guy you share a secret with who can’t help himself but drop hints to the secret in front of other people.

Anyway, clearly just my overactive and conspiracy-theory bound opinion.

It’s at 0:51.

Father holding out hope after two Port Alberni teens vanish in northern B.C.

As someone who travels a lot and always keeps in touch with my Mom who lives 8 hours away that instantly stood out to me as well. Very strange I think. But what? I don't know.

It seems that most thought is directed towards the suspects moving north and east. Could they believe they could fool those searching by heading back to BC, or even the Island? I haven't heard this angle and am wondering what the thoughts be on this scenario?

Oooops. I wasn’t meaning to come across as questioning you about why you had decided to only hypothesize until Cold Lake. It was meant more of a why, in general, rumination of why did they make this sudden long road trip that resulted in confirmed sightings in Cold Lake. I agree that they must have had some method of checking up on news for the first while but if their phones still have battery life after all this, and if they are hiding out in the bush, that’s a darn good cell phone!!

If they drove around Cold Lake and came past a house that didn’t have a password on their wifi then wouldn’t they be able to "use" it for a while. Maybe not everyone uses a password. Is this possible? MOO

That's really funny because I had Michael Arntfield in mind when I made that posting above...I had read his Murder in Plain English book a year ago or so about the writings of criminals (manifestos, ransom notes, etc.) and was twigged onto that strange text that AS showed the media. It doesn't help that I was an English prof years ago before becoming an investigator, so grammar and language always leaps out at me.

I'll definitely check out that CBC radio segment. Thanks for that.

Probably has been talked about already, but the two missing men on july 17th from bc were how close to the happenings north?

Yes I would agree, I didn’t think of Teslin at all because it’s not too far from Whitehorse but I think you’re correct. But only if you have a Telus or Bell service provider. I believe in Whitehorse you can have the other service providers though.

I remember the days when people found out their cellphones didn't work when they got 20 minutes out of town on the Alaska Highway, and they'd bought those phones near the start of the Alaska Highway. You have to be careful which provider you buy from, even now, if you're travelling outside of urban areas, especially in the northern parts of western provinces. Most people their age buy plans for the texting and data. Most people their age rarely phone anyone. They text. Did they text grandma?

Even when there is coverage, the terrain makes for lots of dead zones in the mountains and valleys of the west.

Probably has been talked about already, but the two missing men on july 17th from bc were how close to the happenings north?
Ryan Provencher and Richard Scurr ?
There is a separate discussion thread set up for them. One of them has ties to the Hells Angels & has had previous drug related charges so I suspect their disappearance has more to do with that. There is more information in that discussion group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G@$p•