Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to post this information for anyone interested as the report touches on so much that we have learned so far in this sad case.

The State of CT issued its Family Court Report on July 18, 2019 and there was a panel discussion on how the Court responds to intimate partner violence.

Not sure when this panel was originally scheduled but if the profile of the Dulos case propelled some focus by the Judicary onto the issue of DV then I think its a good thing for the State of CT.

Just rec'd this today so haven't read it through but will report back at some point with highlights. I believe this report is where the press gots the stats to support the view that the Dulos divorce case was an 'outlier' in the CT divorce annual caseload.

https://www.jud.ct.gov/HomePDFs/FamilyCourtReport719.pdf

KM and wife were living in the same residence while filing for divorce. I have to wonder if that is where FD got the idea of just having his side piece move in with him. So cozy, and "not unusual at all". YUCK!
Just some local color on the issue of spouses sharing a house while separated and divorcing.

Believe it or not this happens more than you think due to the high cost of housing in the area, expense of divorce process and children in school.

It takes a good bit of money to set up 2 households and I think the KM had a prior marriage and children and so had all the expenses from that to pay.

My guess is that they couldn't afford to do it any differently unless they might have had family in the area to house one or both of them through the process. Its a sad reality for many couples going through the process of divorce.

BBM below ... FD’s former lawyer K Whiney (typo and it stays) who dropped him from the divorce case gave as his reason — dissolving his firm to pursue his interest in immigration law.

So, multiple interests in common with FD and KW.

Somebody untangle THAT hot mess, please!

Former Fotis Dulos attorney accused of spousal rape, wanting his wife ‘dead’

Mawhinney, a founding member of the Bloomfield law firm of Markowitz & Mawhinney, requested on June 7 to stop representing Fotis Dulos in his mother-in-law’s civil lawsuit.

In that case, Gloria Farber, who is seeking sole custody of the five Dulos children, has accused Fotis Dulos of failing to repay more than $2 million in loans he used for his real estate development company.

In the motion, David Markowitz and Mawhinney stated their practice will be dissolved on Oct. 31. They also cited Markowitz’s age of 71 and Mawhinney’s interest to pursue immigration law as reasons for their withdrawal from the case.

Last edited:
Just some local color on the issue of spouses sharing a house while separated and divorcing.

Believe it or not this happens more than you think due to the high cost of housing in the area, expense of divorce process and children in school.

It takes a good bit of money to set up 2 households and I think the KM had a prior marriage and children and so had all the expenses from that to pay.

My guess is that they couldn't afford to do it any differently unless they might have had family in the area to house one or both of them through the process. Its a sad reality for many couples going through the process of divorce.
I bet we all know someone with a least six bedrooms to rent...spacious grounds....shared kitchen, but probably your own bath. ;)

Of course, it will be a day-to-day situation....

I can see this point.

Wonder if the reason the person stayed around to clean up was because the narrative and plan was for a missing person and not a murdered in a garage person?

Still wondering if the original plan was always murder disguised as missing or if some kind of kidnapping disguised as missing was the plan?

The garage clean up and Odyssey of Stupidity down Albany look like glaring errors in any missing master plan IMO and even 2 months later am scratching my head about what went wrong with the original plan to result in blood spatter in garage and the need to dispose of so much on Albany?

MOO
ITA! I think his plan was to strangle her but she fought back hard in the garage and he grabbed something in there and hit her with it as she likely started to scream. I think she defended herself bravely and warned him that the house cleaner was coming. He panicked and hastily cleaned-up.

Strangely enough, their daughter, though incredibly wealthy, is really nice and seemingly well-adjusted. I think a lot of things are different in those families than they are for the rest of us. I just wonder why JD might have let that freak push her around. My husband knows what would be coming his way if he even thought of pulling some of that cr*p with me.

This reminds me of cultural differences and hidden rules—not that I’m saying the situation you noted is either. Have you ever heard of Dr. Ruby Payne and her Bridges out of Poverty program? Fascinating and enlightening to me. MOO. One aspect includes quizzes designed to make you think about how cultural differences and hidden rules among social classes can make it hard for people to move among them.

https://www.ahaprocess.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Social-Class-Hidden-Rules-Quiz.pdf

What are the chances of finding 2 such individuals KM/FD that lived a couple towns away from each other using the exact same DV tactics in their marriages and divorces that just happen to be friends? One wife missing and presumed deceased and another STBX that looked like she was next?!?

MOO
Maybe one is a mentor.

Or there could even be some dark place on the Internet where these sorts meet the likeminded.

Would anyone be surprised?

Strangely enough, their daughter, though incredibly wealthy, is really nice and seemingly well-adjusted. I think a lot of things are different in those families than they are for the rest of us. I just wonder why JD might have let that freak push her around. My husband knows what would be coming his way if he even thought of pulling some of that cr*p with me.

On JD—MOO—, I tend to think she was a kind and trusting person inherently, and she wanted to believe in happily ever after especially after she had the kids. She wanted them to have a happy life, so much, that she tried and tried, blamed herself for being “less then” as she mentioned in at least one blog post, and then it was like the poor frog in hot water... All this is MOO but from when I’ve seen it occur, the person being denigrated 24/7 loses confidence, blames herself or himself, tries to make the other person happy but can’t since that’s like trying to nail Jello to a wall, and it continues. Money or no money, it’s hard to feel strong enough to deal with a person like that when you are so worn down. MOO.

ITA! I think his plan was to strangle her but she fought back hard in the garage and he grabbed something in there and hit her with it as she likely started to scream. I think she defended herself bravely and warned him that the house cleaner was coming. He panicked and hastily cleaned-up.

BBM
IMO, I have considered a garrote in this crime.
Garrote - Wikipedia

Above referenced weapon was used in the case of the Craig Rideout murder (referenced below) which caused a significant amount of blood.

Rideout trial: A garrote, bloody gloves and drain cleaner

Homemade garrote found in Rideout's basement, court papers say

Not unheard of...I know of someone who married rich, and part of their “marriage contract” is that she is not allowed to get fat, or however they worded it. There is some specific amt of weight that she cannot gain; no word on what happens if he does. Hearing this stunned me.
My prayer is that Mr. Rich gets fatter than fat.....bedridden and begging her to bring him a sandwich!

Last edited:
So as not to confuse the JD thread, a new thread has been set up Kent Mawhinney, Esq. to discuss his case.

Please move discussion, articles and information to the new thread. I will place copies of articles on his case that are in this thread into the new thread.

CT - KENT D. MAWHINNEY, 54, South Windsor, CT, 1/21/19, Arrest
And, how long has it been since he has been posing for the press....no jogging, no sweeping, or no lunching in NC.
yup
And, how long has it been since he has been posing for the press....no jogging, no sweeping, or no lunching in NC.

Add that attorneys often advise clients in custody battles not to leave the marital home as it could be considered abandonment. (Watching this happen now with someone close who actually does have family nearby....a miserable way to live!)

On JD—MOO—, I tend to think she was a kind and trusting person inherently, and she wanted to believe in happily ever after especially after she had the kids. She wanted them to have a happy life, so much, that she tried and tried, blamed herself for being “less then” as she mentioned in at least one blog post, and then it was like the poor frog in hot water... All this is MOO but from when I’ve seen it occur, the person being denigrated 24/7 loses confidence, blames herself or himself, tries to make the other person happy but can’t since that’s like trying to nail Jello to a wall, and it continues. Money or no money, it’s hard to feel strong enough to deal with a person like that when you are so worn down. MOO.

I am pretty sure you just described gaslighting.
I am learning more about gaslighting everyday.
It is very real and very destructive, as you portray in your post.

Fair enough point. Can't disagree with you.

FD is a client of this atty and FD is asking that something be done and atty is saying yes it can be done so the papers are filed. So, atty is simply taking orders, following the guidelines of the court and filing the motion on behalf of FD. No harm no foul and it probably gets done all the time as its how attys get paid.

I guess what I was trying to say is that motions like this are perfectly legal to file but really IMO have limited value to the process of litigation, as my guess is that the motion was made with the understanding that it was a low probability event, meaning that there was limited chance of Judge agreeing with the motion from FD. Sure you roll the dice sometimes when you file a motion but why file a motion if there is a 1 in 1,000 (just picking numbers out of the air as I really can't handicap this event at all) shot of prevailing? Simply seems like a waste of time for all involved, but I truly believe that all FD wanted to do was waste GF time in court for reasons that I certainly do not understand other than pure spite and anger?!?!

His strategy if it exists, baffles me here. So if anyone has any ideas on what all he is doing then spill the tea please as I am lost in the weeds on this one!

I didn't mean to imply any legal impropriety on the part of the atty at all as they are entitled to make a living and they get paid for writing and filing paperwork in court and making oral argument to the court on behalf of their client. I don't know this atty at all and have no axe to grind against them at all either.

I'm sure the atty's on the thread could debate this entire situation til the cows come home and honestly I'd welcome it as this civil litigation kicking on as long as it has baffles me completely!

Oh, sorry—I wasn’t arguing. I just wondered if attorneys are supposed to assist their clients such as filing something even if they don’t think it’s the best idea but it’s not way out of line, like when someone insists on getting a hairstyle the stylist knows is not going to be good. Sorry—can’t think of a better example. Heaven knows we have enough to think about here so I shouldn’t have mentioned it.

This reminds me of cultural differences and hidden rules—not that I’m saying the situation you noted is either. Have you ever heard of Dr. Ruby Payne and her Bridges out of Poverty program? Fascinating and enlightening to me. MOO. One aspect includes quizzes designed to make you think about how cultural differences and hidden rules among social classes can make it hard for people to move among them.

https://www.ahaprocess.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Social-Class-Hidden-Rules-Quiz.pdf

Thanks-never heard of Dr. Ruby Payne; I’ll read your link.

I am pretty sure you just described gaslighting.
I am learning more about gaslighting everyday.
It is very real and very destructive, as you portray in your post.

Oh, yes, indeed it is like that. Terrible. With three women I know well from different generations, each is the one in the marriage with the money, each is very attractive in a way that others notice, each is smart, and each has options but they are mired down by what they have to come to believe. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221