TX - 22 killed, 26 injured at Walmart, Cielo Vista, El Paso, 3 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! A lot of the terrorists who immigrated to places like Germany and seemed to have good jobs and be doing well. Yet they joined terror orgs. Why?

Alienation. They felt separate from the rest f the western society they lived in even though many had been there for years. They often didnt have friends or many friends or women.
Right? So many of these strike me as envy murders. They can never enjoy what most people share...relationships, friendships, love... they hate people, they are so filled with rage, but they can't accept that they are the problem, so they find a "reason" to kill. Usually a movement they find online, and they join to experience belonging AND discharge all that (misdirected ) rage.

Otto, he explains his thinking in his manifesto apparently. He felt was defending his country against an invasion by Mexicans. He felt we needed to protect our lineage and genetic something-mumbo-jumbo. In San Bernardino, the culprits were radicalized by Isis. In Orlando, the shooter was offended by gays. In Parkland and Sandy Hook, the shooter had grudge against the schools.

I don't think it matters. People get radicalized by algorithms on the Interest that narrow the # of people they relate to until they are in an ever intense echo chamber.

I'm with you. They're defective and look for something to justify their feelings of rage over being defects.

The AR-15 or AK-47 type weren’t available, but other types of semi-automatic weapons were.

Handguns are used in the overwhelming majority of mass shootings, but the AR-15 type has gotten the most attention.

Doing this type of thing just didn’t occur to people back then, and guys like Charles Whitman (Texas tower shooter) were outliers.

People like this guy used to kill themselves.

Now they tend to take others with them.
ARs were available back then but like you said people didn't do this back then. Now they get all the fame and notoriety for being cowards.

It is known as the Mexican Walmart. Why did he drive almost 10 hours to this Walmart? Why did he tell LE he wanted to kill as many Mexicans as he could? I would say that is racist

Racist and driven to kill people from Mexico regardless of where they live, or driven to kill people from Mexico who live in the US? If it's only about the US, then it's not about race.

Racist and driven to kill people from Mexico regardless of where they live, or driven to kill people from Mexico who live in the US? If it's only about the US, then it's not about race.

He cared about people from Mexico who lived in the US.

He feared that the US was losing its identity.

I think it’s racist either way.

He self reported spending 8 hours a day online. He could have easily researched it. Or he decided to drive to a border city and he saw that this store had many Mexican patrons including the ones outside it with a tent for charity or selling something, not sure exactly what they were doing

8 hours online every day doing what?
What did he do with the other 16 hours?

And Mexicans who are not invading the US, he doesn't want to kill those people?
That means that this is not racist. It is not about a people, it is about a place.

He didn't care about the ones who lived in Mexico where he probably thinks they belong. He does not like that some of them are invading the US. That is racist, not sure how you cannot think it is. He was not killing white people, he told LE he was trying to shoot as many Mexicans as possible

He cared about people from Mexico who lived in the US.

He feared that the US was losing its identity.

I think it’s racist either way.

If he was "racist," wouldn't he shoot that identifiable group regardless of where they lived. That does not seem to be the issue at hand. He wouldn't shoot people from Mexico who lived in Rome. Isn't this is about new immigrants to the US, regardless of where they originate?

If he was "racist," wouldn't he shoot that identifiable group regardless of where they lived. That does not seem to be the issue at hand. He wouldn't shoot people from Mexico who lived in Rome. Isn't this is about new immigrants to the US, regardless of where they originate?

He probably could not find a ton of Mexicans in his upscale white neighborhood. He probably knew he could find many near the border. He was the one that said he was targeting Mexicans. The manifesto has now been confirmed to be written by him, he clearly states his reasoning

It's about Mexican immigrants. He didn't target white people, according to his manifesto. He was after people of a specific ethnicity.

I don't see how that's not racist.

In his manifesto he claimed he would not live thru the attack because some armed Texan would take him out. Well, that didn't work out for the creep. Instead, charged with capital murder. Welcome to death row in Texas.

Hope to everything that is holy that he is denied computer privileges.

Couple of other tidbits --
  • Creep appeared to stop shooting because he ran out of ammo.
  • Was quietly driving his car away from the scene when the police blocked him.
  • Despite "lots of gear" he gave up to police without a fight. They were Latino. I guess armed Latinos are different than helpless children.
Is it known he ran out of ammo ? Just wondering if that's why he gave up so easily. Or did he want to get caught.

From the manifesto, IIRC it seemed to be about illegal immigrants. But, may want to read it yourself. There's a link here somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member