CT - Kent Mawhinney, 54, South Windsor, 21 Jan 2019 *Charged in connection to the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos*

Attorney charged with violating protective order after having Fotis Dulos reach out to estranged wife

Quotes from article:
"Later that month, she met with Dulos at a West Hartford restaurant",

"She said he showed her a love letter from Mawhinney, but told him "she would not meet with Mawhinney unless both of their lawyers were present."

"After taking out a $750,000 life insurance policy, she told police "she was in fear for her safety," and that "it was suspicious that Dulos had such a sudden vested interest in her relations with Mawhinney."

"Documents go on to say "she felt she was being baited" and that "Dulos was working on behalf of Mawhinney to get rid of her."

"The estranged wife later reported this to police".

"Mawhinney was arrested for violating the no-contact protective order".

"Police said he used Dulos to contact his wife".

"Documents show Fotis called her the week his estranged wife went missing".

"Mawhinney's attorney said he couldn't comment on the case".

"Mawhinney also has another case pending out of Hartford for sexual assault".
I’m confused about who took out the life insurance policy ? If they were estranged he surely wouldn’t be the beneficiary. Did they have a child together ?

I’m confused about who took out the life insurance policy ? If they were estranged he surely wouldn’t be the beneficiary. Did they have a child together ?
We've discussed that and we're not sure if it's
poorly written or if she did put life insurance on herself.
Based on the animosity in the marriage I thought he may have put it on her so he'd be
better off when she died.
And since his two registered vehicles are an '06 BMW and an '08 Saab, I'm sure
he could use a new car.

Last edited:
Wonder if that boat is docked somewhere or he tows it ? Either way if they used it to ditch her body there have got to be some cctv cameras that caught it on camera along the way. Wonder if KM has an alibi for Saturday the 25th?
As I said before, since he is a friend/colleague
of FD, KM should be thoroughly investigated
to see if he had anything to do w/ JD missing.

I think ALL of FD's contacts should be under a microscope including his relatives and visitors
from Greece. I'd include MT's contacts there also.

Just mulling over the timeline from the perspective of FD. He’s meeting with this woman, calling?, texting?, cajoling her to meet? FaceTime? Skype? With this equally reprehensible character, WHILE at the SAME TIME setting up a “routine” truck exchange, finding old license plates and altering them with tape, going to his visitation time in NC, carefully staying out of house and holding his bladder so he doesn’t leave DNA inside, shaving his head, planning a dinner party for the 23rd, stealing a purse so MT has an alibi, surveying all 4JX neighbors cameras so he can find a ‘not in view’ pathway out of his yard, digging multiple “just in case” graves?, buying cement?, gathering contractors bags, making advance/attack plans, making escape/disposal plans, driving around Hartford looking for trash dump options, throwing a fed ex box into the car....and all this is only what we know about!

What little helpers were helping this guy function?? The communication with KW and MT had to be providing some psychological release and dysfunction positive support. I hope LE is also leaning on KW hard. He might jump at the chance to mitigate his own pesky legal problems. MT better raise her hand first if she wants the best offer.

The description of the sexual encounters that happened to bring about the protection order certainly sounded like someone who needed help with substance abuse. His SBTX confirms this: She..."wanted Mawhinney to go to Alcoholics Anonymous and get counseling." No surprises here...yet he continues to yield legal advice?????
My guess is not for long.... MOO

Just mulling over the timeline from the perspective of FD. He’s meeting with this woman, calling?, texting?, cajoling her to meet? FaceTime? Skype? With this equally reprehensible character, WHILE at the SAME TIME setting up a “routine” truck exchange, finding old license plates and altering them with tape, going to his visitation time in NC, carefully staying out of house and holding his bladder so he doesn’t leave DNA inside, shaving his head, planning a dinner party for the 23rd, stealing a purse so MT has an alibi, surveying all 4JX neighbors cameras so he can find a ‘not in view’ pathway out of his yard, digging multiple “just in case” graves?, buying cement?, gathering contractors bags, making advance/attack plans, making escape/disposal plans, driving around Hartford looking for trash dump options, throwing a fed ex box into the car....and all this is only what we know about!

What little helpers were helping this guy function?? The communication with KW and MT had to be providing some psychological release and dysfunction positive support. I hope LE is also leaning on KW hard. He might jump at the chance to mitigate his own pesky legal problems. MT better raise her hand first if she wants the best offer.
Great summary.

I was thinking about how much we do know after 10 weeks or so and its incredible. But what I also think is amazing is that it wasn't done with any LE press conference but rather was just plain old sleuthing. Pretty incredible I think and we were lucky to have some good investigative journalists too. So many missing cases and even murder cases don't have press pushing hard for answers but we had some solid assistance here too IMO.

What is rough about this KM situation is that if convicted he will serve time and most likely lose his license to practice. He is the primary support for a number of children and ex wifes/STBX and the burden this situation puts on them is horrible and tragic.

I agree that MT better get her act in gear but its just not seeming like this is what is happening. Bowman is fighting in civil court hard and aggressively to keep her out of the discussion of FORE finances. She is directly involved on the fishy loan and as that involved a financial institution and potential fraud she is clearly exposed there as well. At this point IMO I'm not sure that the State needs MT for much as it doesn't appear there is a body to be found. So, my vote is to simply toss her into the swamp she came from and let the legal system do its job on here on ALL the crimes she might have been involved in.

This is so entertaining and also thought-provoking. Please consider posting it (or at least the first part) in the JD thread where it will get the wider airing it deserves!

Great summary.

I was thinking about how much we do know after 10 weeks or so and its incredible. But what I also think is amazing is that it wasn't done with any LE press conference but rather was just plain old sleuthing. Pretty incredible I think and we were lucky to have some good investigative journalists too. So many missing cases and even murder cases don't have press pushing hard for answers but we had some solid assistance here too IMO.

What is rough about this KM situation is that if convicted he will serve time and most likely lose his license to practice. He is the primary support for a number of children and ex wifes/STBX and the burden this situation puts on them is horrible and tragic.

I agree that MT better get her act in gear but its just not seeming like this is what is happening. Bowman is fighting in civil court hard and aggressively to keep her out of the discussion of FORE finances. She is directly involved on the fishy loan and as that involved a financial institution and potential fraud she is clearly exposed there as well. At this point IMO I'm not sure that the State needs MT for much as it doesn't appear there is a body to be found. So, my vote is to simply toss her into the swamp she came from and let the legal system do its job on here on ALL the crimes she might have been involved in.
KM and MT just seem like two peas in a pod don’t they? ITA. It appears neither has come forward to help find Jennifer, if they have info that is, and should stew in their own self inflicted selfish lives. Sorrow to both their immediate families/ mainly children. And Jennifer’s children’s and family’s suffering is unimaginable. What a horrible unnecessary situation.
I hope LE gets FD soon.

What is this mumbo jumbo? Can someone please enlighten me?

Power water beverage - Power water beverage Introduction PowerWater Beverages Inc hereafter PWBI was a startup company that was founded in 2005 by a | Course Hero

PowerWater Beverages, Inc., hereafter PWBI, was a startup company that was founded in 2005 by a group of investors that recognized the growing US consumer demand for bottled water and, more specifically, for 'pure water'. The investors, led by Kent Mawhinney (President and CEO), successfully negotiated the exclusive rights and interest in a trade secret and industrial design to produce and distribute a pure distilled oxygenated water.

ETA: and then if you google power water beverages and his name there are more articles.

Last edited:
that's a University of Nairobi study on the company and in checking the co. is not registered w/ Sec. of State in Ct.
What area are they located?

Uh...should I guess? Maybe...Greece?
I literally have no idea what any of it means! How does the University of Nairobi fit in here? I'm confused!

What is this mumbo jumbo? Can someone please enlighten me?

Power water beverage - Power water beverage Introduction PowerWater Beverages Inc hereafter PWBI was a startup company that was founded in 2005 by a | Course Hero

PowerWater Beverages, Inc., hereafter PWBI, was a startup company that was founded in 2005 by a group of investors that recognized the growing US consumer demand for bottled water and, more specifically, for 'pure water'. The investors, led by Kent Mawhinney (President and CEO), successfully negotiated the exclusive rights and interest in a trade secret and industrial design to produce and distribute a pure distilled oxygenated water.

ETA: and then if you google power water beverages and his name there are more articles.
Didn't make much progress with figuring this entire thing out. Need to get back to computer to search. My guess is that this looks to be some kind of licensing deal with an exclusive for US market. KM seemed to want to be the producer/distributer for the water in the US so far as I could tell. HBS/Harvard Business School seems to have a case with the same exact name so I wonder what its all about but it was behind a paywall. Not sure anything came of this as it looked like investors would have been required as KW didn't have the equity to do the project solo.

According to the News Times article it looked like the policy was on her but he was still named as beneficiary. She wanted this changed. Looks like a good motive to me!
Court filing: Fotis Dulos offered house as sex pad to help mend lawyer’s marriage

Here is quote from article:
"Mawhinney’s wife accused him of forcing her to have sex in exchange for living at their home rent free, according to the woman’s affidavit asking the court to issue a restraining order and require Mawhinney to remove his name as the beneficiary of her $750,000 life insurance policy". [BBM]

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleCrimeOnThePrairie
Back