TX - 22 killed, 26 injured at Walmart, Cielo Vista, El Paso, 3 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have horrendous anxiety and hate crowds. I do my shopping at midnight to avoid the crowds whenever possible.

However, I now carry the small 2 gram package of these with my cash and credit cards.
I have the larger ones in vehicles, emergency kits and backpacks we carry to events.
At least I feel marginally more prepared.

LiveActionSafety
Thank you for the link, Ms. F. I plan to get some of those.

Is there any news on Mr. Andre Anchondo who is missing? I’m dreading the possibility his young two month old son has lost both his parents. His Mum Jordan was murdered protecting her son who suffered broken bones.

The couple have two other children it is absolutely heartbreaking.

Last edited:
I believe it's part of the problem. Access to things and people is easier today because of the internet. People can find out anything about anybody if they tried hard (criminal or not). People can influence others in ways not imaginable. Overall I believe there are more negatives than positives because the ease at which one can do harm today is much easier.

I am in agreement. I've worked with school age children for 40 yrs from Kdg to 12th grade. I can attest that many youth are so attached to their phones/internet that they become stressed if their phone is not on their person so they can check it for messages/updates. Some youth spend so much time on Social Media, YouTube, and Games that they are very disconnected when it comes to actually communicating and interacting socially. They are on their phones when eating lunch and at free time after lunch. They pull their phones out the minute they change classes so they can look at them. Some prefer the impersonal communication that comes via technology and often say things or have things said to them online that are abusive, crude, and inappropriate. They voice their opinions online and say things they would not say otherwise because there is that buffer there. Many youth have tons of followers on instagram, etc. but really do not have any true friendships and some have no idea how to form relationships. Can you imagine getting your self-worth and self-confidence from social media? Many youth don't and they become withdrawn and depressed. In the past few years, I have personally seen a huge increase in youth who are hospitalized for suicidal ideation and sadly have dealt with three incidents of a child taking their own life this past year. I was doing an intervention for another minor who had suicidal ideations and was about to be hospitalized for a second time. I watched this child looking at their phone the entire time they walked down the hall to me and my office. I then had to ask them to put the phone away while we talked. Part of this child's problem was something that happened online.

Relationships are essential; humans are social creatures. Human nature craves human interaction, and that interaction cannot be effectively replaced by technology. The shooter/murderer was spending (by his own account) up to 8 hrs. a day on the computer. I doubt he was building relationships and learning how to interact with others. I love the internet, but it cannot replace human interaction and socialization if we expect youth to grow up on the internet where life is not always depicted and which shows an illusion of an exciting adventurous life that is only depicted on phone or internet accounts.
The world is changing so fast but children still have the essential human development needs such as verbal communication and nonverbal communication, or body language, that reveals even more about a person’s emotions. Without enough face-to-face communication, these nonverbal cues are unable to develop properly, skewing children’s relationships with others as they grow up in a technology-inclusive society.

I apologize for the rant! I did not mean to type so much. I have just seen so many youth who are isolating themselves on the internet on a world that is not reality, and these youth are hurting. Kudos to parents/guardians who monitor how much time their child spends on the internet each day. MOO

edited for clarity

Last edited:
Per this ABC news report, there have been 17 mass shootings this year with 102 killed:

There have been at least 17 deadly mass shootings in the US so far in 2019

Some info about these 17 incidents:

1. ZX, Florida Bank (Caucasian): history of mental illness, long-time fascination with death and killing people, many threats over the year that he would do so, wore grim reaper t-shirt during the act

2. DDG, Georgia (African-American): Rumored to be gang related, but police said at the time that was premature. Not much out there on this one.

3. DT, Louisiana (Caucasian): Domestic/home, killed his parents, gf, gf’s father and brother.

4. J L-G, Palm Springs, FL (Hispanic): Speculated to be related to armed robbery, but no motive yet. Not much out there on this one either.

5. RH, Polk County, TX (Caucasian): Domestic/home, apparently murder-suicide.

6. GM, Illinois (African-American): Disgruntled employee, long history of violence.

7. NL, Mississippi (Vietnamese): Domestic/home.

8. GS, Ohio (Indian): Domestic/home

9. Several, Hayden’s Rectangle, St. Louis (African-American): Gun battle after fight inside home, believed to be drug related.

10. DC, Virginia Beach (African-American): Disgruntled employee

11. JC & DQCC (Native American): Native American Yakama Indian Reservation, Washington state: Apparent robbery

12. Chi Dinh Ta, San Jose (Vietnamese): Domestic murder-suicide.

13. AW & TL, St. Louis (African-American): Apartment building shooting, rumored drug connection, but not clear.

14. GDZ, San Fernando Valley, CA (Hispanic): Mostly domestic

15. RG, Wisconsin (Caucasian): Own family and another family.

16. PC, El Paso (Caucasian): Walmart. Reportedly targeted Hispanics and wrote racist manifesto to that effect.

17. CSB, Dayton, OH (Caucasian): Dayton downtown district. Killed sister and several others.

The following are the 11 additional shooting incidents in the US in 2019 where at least three were killed (Mass Shootings above include 4 deaths other than the shooter):

1. RW, Gable House Bowling shooting, California (African American): shooting after a fight

2. JOD, Virginia (African American): Domestic/home.

3. AB & CS, Kentucky (African American): Execution style.

4. Homeowner, Houston, TX (Hispanic): Self-defense, killed three guys who broke into his home.

5. JW, State College, PA (Caucasian): Shot and injured girlfriend, killed three others, killed himself. No known motive. Was very drunk and an Army vet.

6. AB, Georgia (African American): Domestic/home, murder-suicide.

7. AS, Arizona (African American): Domestic/home, killed family.

8. DR, Detroit, MI (African American): Apparently targeted transgendered victims.

9. PV, Texas (Russian immigrant): Apparently lived in a shed behind plumbing business and was being told to leave, and shot at plumbing business employees.

10. ETRH, South Carolina (African-American): Shooting at apartment building, no known motive. Two others arrested as accessories.

11. SWL, Gilroy, CA (Caucasian): Garlic festival. Rumored racist motivations, but investigation ongoing.

Mass Shooting deaths in US per year according to the Mother Jones database:
  • 2018: 80
  • 2017: 117 (half were the Las Vegas shooting)
  • 2016: 71 (49 were the Pulse nightclub)
  • 2015: 46
  • 2014: 18
  • 2013: 35
  • 2012: 71
Other causes of death in the US with comparable numbers:
  • Bicycle accidents: 700 to 800 per year
  • Pool drownings: 400 per year
  • Food allergies: 150 to 200 per year
  • Dog bites: 30 to 50 per year
  • Skiing/snowboarding: 35 to 40 per year
  • Lightning strikes: 20 to 40 per year

Per this ABC news report, there have been 17 mass shootings this year with 102 killed:

There have been at least 17 deadly mass shootings in the US so far in 2019

Some info about these 17 incidents:

1. ZX, Florida Bank (Caucasian): history of mental illness, long-time fascination with death and killing people, many threats over the year that he would do so, wore grim reaper t-shirt during the act

2. DDG, Georgia (African-American): Rumored to be gang related, but police said at the time that was premature. Not much out there on this one.

3. DT, Louisiana (Caucasian): Domestic/home, killed his parents, gf, gf’s father and brother.

4. J L-G, Palm Springs, FL (Hispanic): Speculated to be related to armed robbery, but no motive yet. Not much out there on this one either.

5. RH, Polk County, TX (Caucasian): Domestic/home, apparently murder-suicide.

6. GM, Illinois (African-American): Disgruntled employee, long history of violence.

7. NL, Mississippi (Vietnamese): Domestic/home.

8. GS, Ohio (Indian): Domestic/home

9. Several, Hayden’s Rectangle, St. Louis (African-American): Gun battle after fight inside home, believed to be drug related.

10. DC, Virginia Beach (African-American): Disgruntled employee

11. JC & DQCC (Native American): Native American Yakama Indian Reservation, Washington state: Apparent robbery

12. Chi Dinh Ta, San Jose (Vietnamese): Domestic murder-suicide.

13. AW & TL, St. Louis (African-American): Apartment building shooting, rumored drug connection, but not clear.

14. GDZ, San Fernando Valley, CA (Hispanic): Mostly domestic

15. RG, Wisconsin (Caucasian): Own family and another family.

16. PC, El Paso (Caucasian): Walmart. Reportedly targeted Hispanics and wrote racist manifesto to that effect.

17. CSB, Dayton, OH (Caucasian): Dayton downtown district. Killed sister and several others.

The following are the 11 additional shooting incidents in the US in 2019 where at least three were killed (Mass Shootings above include 4 deaths other than the shooter):

1. RW, Gable House Bowling shooting, California (African American): shooting after a fight

2. JOD, Virginia (African American): Domestic/home.

3. AB & CS, Kentucky (African American): Execution style.

4. Homeowner, Houston, TX (Hispanic): Self-defense, killed three guys who broke into his home.

5. JW, State College, PA (Caucasian): Shot and injured girlfriend, killed three others, killed himself. No known motive. Was very drunk and an Army vet.

6. AB, Georgia (African American): Domestic/home, murder-suicide.

7. AS, Arizona (African American): Domestic/home, killed family.

8. DR, Detroit, MI (African American): Apparently targeted transgendered victims.

9. PV, Texas (Russian immigrant): Apparently lived in a shed behind plumbing business and was being told to leave, and shot at plumbing business employees.

10. ETRH, South Carolina (African-American): Shooting at apartment building, no known motive. Two others arrested as accessories.

11. SWL, Gilroy, CA (Caucasian): Garlic festival. Rumored racist motivations, but investigation ongoing.

Mass Shooting deaths in US per year according to the Mother Jones database:
  • 2018: 80
  • 2017: 117 (half were the Las Vegas shooting)
  • 2016: 71 (49 were the Pulse nightclub)
  • 2015: 46
  • 2014: 18
  • 2013: 35
  • 2012: 71
Other causes of death in the US with comparable numbers:
  • Bicycle accidents: 700 to 800 per year
  • Pool drownings: 400 per year
  • Food allergies: 150 to 200 per year
  • Dog bites: 30 to 50 per year
  • Skiing/snowboarding: 35 to 40 per year
  • Lightning strikes: 20 to 40 per year

I notice a lot of these mass shootings listed are domestic or in commission of another crime.

He cared about people from Mexico who lived in the US.

He feared that the US was losing its identity.

I think it’s racist either way.

100% racist in my definition of this word, but the other part - the fear for himself in the overpopulated world where the pool of human jobs is dwindling - is realistic enough.

I have a very complicated feeling about his manifest. No one gives the right to kill others, even if you feel depressed. And - even closing the borders 100% is not going to help because illegal immigrants are not competing for the jobs in high-tech areas. (The main place where the jobs still stay). According to his LinkedIn account, this dude was looking for an IT job...

But the fear of a young man who is probably smart enough yet is afraid of a very clear predicament- to be jobless and homeless - that part I understand.

Or do more to prevent these people from developing such toxic, destructive personality disorders.

Unfortunately, genetics and environmental factors play a role in personality disorders. We can’t deny reproductive rights to anyone, regardless of how many times they have shown they are neglectful or downright abusive to children.

My fear is that the significant media coverage that follows all these events serves to inspire others with sick minds to start dreaming up their own plans for similar attacks.

This says it all. Appears to be another loner, insult collector, that decided to hurt as many innocent souls as he could before stopped because of his own shortcomings.

Crusius wrote on his LinkedIn page in 2015 that he was not motivated to do anything other than enough to get by.

Crusius said on that page that he attended Plano High School. Plano is located near Crusius’ family home in Allen, Texas, and is about 650 miles away from El Paso. Collin County Community College confirmed he attended their school through the spring of 2019.

He wrote in the About section of the LinkedIn page, “I’m not really motivated to do anything more than what’s necessary to get by. Working in general sucks, but I guess a career in Software Development suits me well. I spend about 8 hours every day on the computer so that counts as technology experience I guess. Pretty much gonna see what technology careers present themselves; go with the wind.”

When writing about his life in high school, Crusius said that he did not participate in extracurricular activities because of “lack of freedom.” A Facebook page that shows the suspect’s face as the profile image shows no biographical information or recent postings. On that page, Crusius has three visible friends.

Leigh Ann Locascio, a former neighbor, told the Los Angeles Times Crusius spoke negatively about students who joined the school band or played sports. He often sat alone on the bus in junior high and high school. He was “very much a loner, very stand-offish” and “didn’t interact a whole lot with anyone.”

Her son, Tony Locascio, often walked to school with Crusius and his sister, but Crusius often walked ahead of them or behind them and rarely interacted.

“He wouldn’t talk to people. No one really knew him,” Tony Locascio told the Los Angeles Times.

Jacob Wilson, a former classmate, told the newspaper Crusius was “picked on” in school because of the way he spoke and because he often wore hand-me-down clothes. He described him as a “very strong minded” person who tried to “take charge in class.” He was “irritable and had a short temper,” so other students did not want to work with Crusius, he told the newspaper.

Classmates taunting Crusius seemed relentless, he said.

“Every time I looked up in class it was someone new speaking negatively to the kid, ‘Patrick that is dumb, stupid,’” Wilson said.

Patrick Crusius: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

And this is another danger. Bullying generates violence. I understand the need to look for predictors of future mass murders, but anti-bullying policy needs to be enforced.

There is so much going on that I haven’t read all the comments so I don’t know if this was already covered. But
God bless the police officer. Putting the lives above their own personal safety. I have noticed at least one helping a victim who was bleeding with out gloves. To me that just speaks volumes.

Right? Poor kid! I'm sure if he had a better upbringing he would have been a normal loving person. /s
Not pretty sure about that. I suppose this people have something wrong about their genetics....
If you're "normal" you never become a serial killer or a mass murderer :(

S112564436.JPG-768x1024.jpg

Prosecutors will pursue the death penalty against El Paso shooting suspect, district attorney says
He looks on drugs in this picture....o_O

CNN / El Paso Police Chief Greg Allen this morning responding to what this is like for LE and everyone else involved, what we can not IMAGINE unless you’ve seen it for yourself (my loose transcription, moo):

Chief is emotional, responding to what this is like for LE:

“There’s not words you can place to say something like that...you know, you have to see it for yourself...when I first got into this job I never knew there was an odor to blood...but there is...and until you first hand see that, my description of it as far as horrific would be unserving as far as what that scene looks like. So I can’t tell you what that means other than for the normal individual that doesn’t have to deal with that on a day to day basis, it will leave an impression that you will never forget, I’ll just leave it at that.”

Last edited:
Trauma isn't just created by crappy parents or being fostered. These people are BORN with the propensity for psychopathy. It is not always possible to 'nurture' it away, but excuse me if I keep on trying.

They will be violent, aggressive and destructive and show zero compassion or empathy. This will occur long before these mass shootings. I am not BLAMING, the internet, guns, drugs, parents or trauma/mental illness. I am simply stating that it is the 'perfect storm'.

Without internet mine will not find 'his people'. Others who will hate so deeply that he will feel normal amongst them. (not yet anyway).
He will not have access to guns for mass destruction.

Once he turns 18, he will take the tools I gave him to try to cope in a world that will not be as accepting as I have. His psychologist will still try to counsel him, BUT he will be an adult and make his own choices. I will repeat all of this in a courtroom is his choices are not good. Their brains are broken, they know, many know, heck we know .......but giving them access to guns is the most crazy thing that we 'normal' people do. It may have saved many innocent lives thus far.

I used to ask why.....I now know much of the why, and I wonder what we can do about it.
NSS Absolutely great & brilliant! "...BORN with the propensity for psychopathy. It is not always possible to 'nurture' it away".....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat