CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for all the quotes on here to iceice9. My computer is giving me problems. Somewhere it was mention, more than once, the neighbors camera caught them leaving in the morning at 8:15 a.m.
I read that too, but it didnt come direct from LE. Someone will point us right, but I think it was the VI who reported it.

ETA - useful tho it would be to have absolute confirmation, it still doesnt tell us where they went.
Yes, it came from dbdb11 and he explained that although he hadn't seen the footage, he trusted the source. See posts below. MOO
815 am on morning of 12th
My family was informed of her disappearance on July 16th. In informing my family Rob mentioned he had cancelled the flights. His family members later repeated that her flights had been cancelled when I tried to reach Robbie by phone.

In the first conversation he had with my family Robbie also said they should cancel the hotel reservations because "she's not gonna make it." endquote.

The source for last sighting is a neighbour's surveillance cam. I'm still waiting to see this footage, but I am trusting the source.

bbm
While that would indeed have been a clever way to cover up a crime, our VI has reported that BT and RT were seen on a nearby surveillance camera leaving the house at 8:15am on the morning she disappeared. This, of course, does not indicate whether the rest of his account is true (or false), but it does imply that whatever happened to her, it did not happen at their home. MOO

Did the Ts leave their house @ 8:15 am to begin their hiking trip or did they return to the house at some point afterward and leave once or more times again to then begin their trip?

bbm
Did the Ts leave their house @ 8:15 am to begin their hiking trip or did they return to the house at some point afterward and leave once or more times again to then begin their trip?

If they did return and leave one or more times, one would assume the same neighbor's security camera would have recorded it.
At this time, only LE can definitively answer this question.
JMO.

JMO

I believe its time for LE to do a Presser and get her face out there along with a timeline! I cannot believe that the only video they have is from the neighbors webcam...not in this day and age.

They need to generate some public interest in this case before people's memories start to get short.

Even if they can't get her husband or her son to speak in front of the cameras, get audio interviews from the family (@dbdb11 ) who are overseas appealing to the public to find her.

If she isn't in the desert and there hasn't been any findings to confirm she was ever there, then there is a very real possibility she is somewhere out there (willingly or not) and someone has seen her.

This lady can't just be forgotten!

I was hoping to find some good news regarding Barbra.

This has been a strange case from day 1. I truly have no idea what to think. I do know that RT sounded and acted very peculiar in his interviews shortly after. My hinky meter went into the red zone.

I was hoping to find some good news regarding Barbra.

This has been a strange case from day 1. I truly have no idea what to think. I do know that RT sounded and acted very peculiar in his interviews shortly after. My hinky meter went into the red zone.
Do you know RT to know what behavior would be "strange" for him?

Unless they have an idea about what happened and they don’t need help from the public.
Yes, if they believe Barbara was lost in the desert and is likely deceased there is no point in asking the public for helps or tips.

If they suspected foul play or did not believe the husband then they would be looking at surveillance footage and Roberts cell phone data to determine whether or not his story and time line matches what he told them.
Then, if they found any evidence I would think they would ask the public for tips, to find out if anyone saw them and noticed anything unusual.
That they have not done that tells me that they still do not suspect foul play, and it is still a missing persons investigation. Imo

I don't know those cases - are there similarities with this situation?
No, there aren't any similarities.
In Abby and Libbys case, LE knows there is a brutal murderer out there so they need the public's help. (although it hasn't led them to the killer yet)
In Mollie Tibbet's case, they suspected foul play soon after she disappeared while jogging.

In this case LE has no reason to believe a crime has occurred, as far as we know.
But if they believed Barbara was harmed or was in danger then, yes, I would think they would definitely ask for the public's help.

I'm not sure if they have even set up a tip line and publicly asked for tips in this case.

No, there aren't any similarities.
In Abby and Libbys case, LE knows there is a brutal murderer out there so they need the public's help. (although it hasn't led them to the killer yet)
In Mollie Tibbet's case, they suspected foul play soon after she disappeared while jogging.

In this case LE has no reason to believe a crime has occurred, as far as we know.
But if they believed Barbara was harmed or was in danger then, yes, I would think they would definitely ask for the public's help.

I'm not sure if they have even set up a tip line and publicly asked for tips in this case.
Given the publicity this case has gotten (the RT interviews), I am confused as to why they haven't asked for more public help. It could be that asking the public to assist in searches in the blazing heat is too dangerous and presents issue with liability?

Amateur opinion and speculation

I dont believe she was ever there. There's no evidence that she was, or that there was an accident, or abduction, or mountain lion attack, or snake bite as far as we know thus far. I dont believe she made a mad dash in that heat to pee in private, in such a desolate environment wearing bikini bottoms. And IMO I find it illogical that she disappeared from sight and sound within 10 minutes. However engrossed in a camera or rock formation someone may be. Just MOO and no disrespect to alternatives.
Well, the problem is that there is no evidence she was anywhere else either, or that she never went to the desert.

Just because they found no evidence or trace of her doesn't mean she was never there.

All they had to go by was the last location where Robert said he saw her. The dogs apparently did not pick up her scent, and I'm not sure what other evidence would have indicated that she was there, besides the beer mug and maybe her clothing.
So it's likely wherever those things are is where Barbara is, and right now they don't seem to have any idea where that could be. Imo

Given the publicity this case has gotten (the RT interviews), I am confused as to why they haven't asked for more public help. It could be that asking the public to assist in searches in the blazing heat is too dangerous and presents issue with liability?

Amateur opinion and speculation
Yeah, I doubt they would ask the public to help in the searches.
I don't think there has been much publicity at all, except during the time they were searching for her. At least not any more than other people who have gone missing.
They called off the search after 8 days because that's about as long as someone could possibly be alive in those conditions, I would think.
Since then I don't think there has been one single update.
The help I would expect they would need from the public would be information about what someone saw and when. Or anything they might know that could help the investigation.
But that would only be if they thought she was not in the desert or they did not believe Robert's story, or they suspected foul play, or they had reason to believe she was never there in the first place, in my opinion.

JMO

I believe its time for LE to do a Presser and get her face out there along with a timeline! I cannot believe that the only video they have is from the neighbors webcam...not in this day and age.

They need to generate some public interest in this case before people's memories start to get short.

Even if they can't get her husband or her son to speak in front of the cameras, get audio interviews from the family (@dbdb11 ) who are overseas appealing to the public to find her.

If she isn't in the desert and there hasn't been any findings to confirm she was ever there, then there is a very real possibility she is somewhere out there (willingly or not) and someone has seen her.

This lady can't just be forgotten!
While I would dearly love to see Barbara back in the news, LE is not in the business of generating public interest in their investigation. If they need the public's help, they'll ask for it.

I think the ball is really in the family's court right now. However, her husband has lawyered up (I think?), her closest relative is in Hong Kong and gravely ill, and her son, for whatever reason, has not given an interview.

We can do a media bump though. Have you liked, shared, and commented on the HLN post? If interested, I'll dig it up for you. Have you emailed each of the media contacts that were posted here? I'll be glad to bring that forward as well if you like.

We had a case here once with a separate thread devoted to keeping that case in the news. We had members who called, emailed, messaged, etc. radio stations, news channels, reporters, etc. and it worked. I also managed to get 8 pizza restaurants to distribute 500 flyers each on their delivery boxes. Another member found someone to donate the flyers and deliver them. Every little bit helps but we all have to work together as a team.

#TEAMBARBARA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member