CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I can't see a 72 year old man dragging a body, in all that heat, to a mine. :eek:

The more I read about this tragedy, the more I’m convinced as I was at the beginning.
He had something to do with it. You’re right, he wouldn’t be dragging her anywhere.
I’m thinking this wasn’t the crime scene. And she was abducted.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly does an ongoing "visible" presence mean?

Does it mean media attention? Apparently members here have been beating the drums and I don't think it's made a difference with media coverage.

Or are you talking about something else? JMO

To me an “ongoing visible presence” means bugging the media (a husband has more access than others do), starting a FB page (with help if necessary) and using it to beg for and organize help doing the boots on the ground (distributing fliers, etc). These are the basics that most of us would do to find our loved one. If this is too hard for him, his immediate family or an organized friend can be asked to take the lead. He is local. He is her husband. I don’t expect Barb’s family in Hong Kong to be any more involved than @dbdb11 has already been...which is a considerable amount.

Okay, here are ten story suggestions to pitch to the media. Thanks so much for your input and let me know if you have anything to add. :)

I will also post the contact information in the media thread for easy reference.

Story ideas for MSM.

1. Can you please request and publish audio of the 911 call? For example:
Video: 911 call released in case of missing Illinois boy

If you can't release the audio, would you consider publishing a transcript? For example:
EXCLUSIVE: Officials release 911 call in Casey Hathaway disappearance

The 911 call for reference:
Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department (filter to River Station)
7/12/2019 3:26:24 PM CR CR191930018 CRR1900230 MISPER NAT 936** HIDDEN HILLS RD, KEL

2. Can you provide clarification from SBCSO as to why Nixle says “Barbara and her husband Robert were hiking in the Mohave desert approximately 20 miles north of the I-40 freeway east of Kelbaker Rd." when the command center was set up at Kelbaker/Hidden Hill Rd approx. 6.3 miles from I-40?
July 22nd - The investigation continues into the whereabouts of missing person Barbara Thomas from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle

3. Have there been any search warrants obtained and executed related to Barbara’s disappearance and if so, will you publish those? Like this:
Police Execute Search Warrant at Home of Missing Mom's Estranged Husband: Source

4. When was the photo of Barbara in the bikini top, hat, and sunglasses taken? In the photo, she appears to have on what her husband described as what she was wearing when she was last seen. But, was that specific photo taken the day she disappeared or during another trip to the desert? Could this be the last known picture of Barbara Thomas?

See image 2 of 2 from the initial Nixle report:
The search for 69-year-old Barbara Thomas is continuing In the area of Kelbaker/ Hidden Hills near ... from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle

5. It has been widely reported that Barbara disappeared in a matter of minutes after her husband stopped to take a photo of a rock formation. Can you report on whether or not Barbara was seen in any of the photos that were taken in the desert on July 12? Is there any evidence at all that Barbara was indeed, in the desert that day?

6. If Robert and Barbara left their home sometime around 8 a.m., it’s a 1.5-hour drive to Kelbaker/Hidden Hill Rd, and they went for a 2-hour walk, what happened in the remaining hours? Not one news agency has put together a timeline. Can you do that? For example:
Timeline In the Case of Missing WI Teenager Jayme Closs - KVRR Local News

7. Can you reach out to Robert and Barbara’s neighbors? If they have surveillance footage, can you obtain and publish a still photo? For example:
This is the last known photo of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis

8. Can you interview one of the SAR team members? Did the search dogs hit on anything?
West Valley SAR on Twitter

9. Can you interview a PI and get his/her thoughts? A former law enforcement officer, perhaps? For example:
Private investigator explains what he thinks happened to Mackenzie Lueck

10. Can you report on what the dispatch log entries below were about? (Filter to Colorado River Station)
Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department
7/26/2019 4:55:53 AM CR CR192070002 FU KELBAKER RD/HIDDEN HILLS RD, KEL
7/27/2019 10:34:59 PM CR CR192080031 INFO NAT I 40 EXIT 100 OFRP W/ESSEX RD, ESX
[/QUOTE]

I wonder if LE has tapped any of their informants about the disappearance. We’d need a tiny leak about that from LE, private investigator. What ever it is, it’s big enough to kill an older woman to cover it up.

To me an “ongoing visible presence” means bugging the media (a husband has more access than others do), starting a FB page (with help if necessary) and using it to beg for and organize help doing the boots on the ground (distributing fliers, etc). These are the basics that most of us would do to find our loved one. If this is too hard for him, his immediate family or an organized friend can be asked to take the lead. He is local. He is her husband. I don’t expect Barb’s family in Hong Kong to be any more involved than @dbdb11 has already been...which is a considerable amount.
When LE finds out that RT had tons of offers from family and friends to help him do all of those things and he refused that help it will certainly be used as evidence to convict him. JMO

To all you people who know that RT is guilty of some kind of crime I'm letting you know that I'm fine with that.

Please allow me to be on the fence and consider that RT is still a victim until proven otherwise.

It's getting to the point that I'm starting to bicker over the minor details of this case and it's time for me to stop. JMO

Nobody knows this. Nobody is in a position to allow or deny you this. They are just stating their opinions too. Thank you for sharing yours and reminding us that we don't know what happened, no matter what we "feel". It can be easy to get carried away.

It doesn’t matter what everyone says, or everyone thinks.

You find your wife. You do everything in your power.

If optics are your (for him) concern, your priorities are backwards. This isn’t about him.

Yep.

You saying that triggered a thought that hadn't occurred to me before now:

If your wife went missing, and she had an adult son, would you or would you not contact her son on the off-chance that she may have gotten in touch with him somehow since then or maybe even communicated something to him prior to her going missing about her planning to leave?

I'm wondering if when RT first contacted db's family after she went missing whether or not he asked them if any of them had heard from her.

JMO.

Last edited:
Poor choice of words? Perhaps.

Does it show consciousness guilt? I don't see it. JMO

Sure, it absolutely could be a poor choice of words. And no, it doesn’t necessarily show consciousness of guilt. I cut RT slack on that in the beginning.

But as time goes on, and RT doesn’t step out of his comfort zone to find Barb (in ways described by many), his initial words take on more significance perhaps. I still say that action (or inaction) speaks louder than words. Putting that together with being the last one to see Barb and publicly calling himself the prime suspect who didn’t pass a polygraph...all of this starts to tip my opinion in a less neutral direction after a month has gone by.
JMO

Polygraph tests are not reliable.

Years ago, my sister, her best friend and my dad were all invited to participate in a polygraph training exercise. One person out of the group of 12 was made to set a fire, one person was made to witness it, and the rest were totally oblivious to what was happening. The police officers were to try to figure out who was who through polygraph tests. They figured out the friend witnessed the event (CORRECT), but also thought my dad witnessed it, too (WRONG). They never figured out who set the fire (MY SISTER) - and she said they made her physically light a match and start a fire so it would be ingrained in her subconscious.

So I don't trust polygraph tests. MOO
But neither your sister, dad and friend had malice behind the act. I mean, they knew it was fake and the fire they set caused no harm nor was it meant to. Jmo but I'd think the results would be skewed because it was "staged".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500