TX - 22 killed, 26 injured at Walmart, Cielo Vista, El Paso, 3 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, genetics and environmental factors play a role in personality disorders. We can’t deny reproductive rights to anyone, regardless of how many times they have shown they are neglectful or downright abusive to children.

My fear is that the significant media coverage that follows all these events serves to inspire others with sick minds to start dreaming up their own plans for similar attacks.
Do we know about his upbringing? I don’t want to parent shame when as far as I know there is no info.
I personally know someone whose son was arrested for a heinous crime...I know she and her husband did everything right....feels like the parents MAY be victims as well

Do we know about his upbringing? I don’t want to parent shame when as far as I know there is no info.
I personally know someone whose son was arrested for a heinous crime...I know she and her husband did everything right....feels like the parents MAY be victims as well

El Paso Walmart shooter Patrick Crusius' father penned book about his life of drug addiction | Daily Mail Online

Suspected El Paso Shooter Patrick Crusius’ Dad Once Sought to Help Gun Violence Victim

The second article mentions that his mom is an RN.

El Paso Walmart shooter Patrick Crusius' father penned book about his life of drug addiction | Daily Mail Online

The therapist revealed that his drinking and drug-taking led his second wife initially to banish him to a separate quarter of the family home in Allen, Texas, and finally to divorce and kick him out the house when Patrick was 12-years-old.

‘In the last quarter of 2011, after many months of living alone upstairs my spouse of eighteen years knocked on the door and handed me divorce papers,’ Crusius Sr wrote.

Patrick Crusius's parents divorced.

Residents of the former Crusius family home, where the alleged shooter lived with his twin sister, older brother and parents before they divorced, said they bought the house from the family about 18 months ago, but had no personal contact with them. Property records show the house was sold in March 2018 for $385,000.

Divorce can have a negative impact on children. Patrick Crusius had history of substance abuse. That would have an impact. I know Christopher Watt's father had a history of substance abuse.

Mexican government may seek extradition of El Paso shooter, access to investigation

A big part of the Mexican government's focus, he added, will be on how the assault rifle ended up in the hands of the shooter, and if any warnings fell between the cracks in the lead up to Saturday's shooting.

"Mexico is outraged, but we don’t propose to fight hate with hate. We will act with reason and in accordance to the law,” he said.

Among the other points, Ebrard said they will present on Monday a diplomatic note to the U.S. government asking them "to take a clear and convincing stand against hate crimes.”

The therapist revealed that his drinking and drug-taking led his second wife initially to banish him to a separate quarter of the family home in Allen, Texas, and finally to divorce and kick him out the house when Patrick was 12-years-old.

‘In the last quarter of 2011, after many months of living alone upstairs my spouse of eighteen years knocked on the door and handed me divorce papers,’ Crusius Sr wrote.

Patrick Crusius's parents divorced.

Residents of the former Crusius family home, where the alleged shooter lived with his twin sister, older brother and parents before they divorced, said they bought the house from the family about 18 months ago, but had no personal contact with them. Property records show the house was sold in March 2018 for $385,000.

Divorce can have a negative impact on children. Patrick Crusius had history of substance abuse. That would have an impact. I know Christopher Watt's father had a history of substance abuse.

I know you already know this, but lots of us are the product of divorce and/or parents who are drug addicted and they dont become killers

Mexico Says They’re Going to Sue United States over El Paso Shooting

“The president of the Republic has instructed me so that this posture and indignation from Mexico is translated, first in protecting affected families, and then in legal actions, efficient and prompt, quick and convincing so that Mexico can demand the conditions to protect to the Mexican-American community and Mexicans in the United States,” said Mexican Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard, according to AZ Central.

I know you already know this, but lots of us are the product of divorce and/or parents who are drug addicted and they dont become killers

Of course. I never have suggested that people who are products of divorce and have parent(s) are drug addicted are going to turn out evil.

There are so many other factors at play.

And this is another danger. Bullying generates violence. I understand the need to look for predictors of future mass murders, but anti-bullying policy needs to be enforced.

Also, schools do vision and hearing screenings. What would happen if schools, starting with elementary, could do some sort of mandatory mental health screenings? Would it help the troubled loner students who do not act out or appear odd enough to be referred to a counselor?

Last edited:
Also, schools do vision and hearing screenings. What would happen if schools, starting with elementary, could do some sort of mandatory mental health screenings? Would it help the troubled loner students who do not act out enough to be referred to a counselor?
Flashback to the early 1980's @ my Middle School- standing in line to get checked for scoliosis!
I remember taking "surveys" when I was in private school, being told it was anonymous so we could answer honestly.
(There were 12 kids in 7th grade!
7 girls and 5 boys.)

Somehow, I don't see how that would be possible, but any student that misbehaves bad enough to get expelled, might should be put on a
"list".

For how long though?
Until there are 18?
Until they are 25?
30?

I have known of a few kids who were expelled from more than one school! All are near 30 now. So far no killers!
Moo

MOO if people are looking for a cause,
MOO Basically its selfishness.

Not playing games, mental issues, taking ADHD meds or etc. Millions of people fill those categories managing themselves without killing others.

Last edited:
Also, schools do vision and hearing screenings. What would happen if schools, starting with elementary, could do some sort of mandatory mental health screenings? Would it help the troubled loner students who do not act out or appear odd enough to be referred to a counselor?

Right. The parents would have to consent, and even if they did not consent, it would be potentially considered a "change in placement", the school system could do it.

But I think about the "Colombine" shooters, white, male, upper middle class. I doubt that their parents would have been too receptive to the school system referring their sons for special services due to a "score" that they "may" be psychopaths.

<modsnip> And definitely a mental health counselor or even a psychologist couldn't "stamp" a paper that says, "Psychopath for Life" at age 15...or 18.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mexico Says They’re Going to Sue United States over El Paso Shooting

“The president of the Republic has instructed me so that this posture and indignation from Mexico is translated, first in protecting affected families, and then in legal actions, efficient and prompt, quick and convincing so that Mexico can demand the conditions to protect to the Mexican-American community and Mexicans in the United States,” said Mexican Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard, according to AZ Central.

I didn’t know one country could “sue” another country...(or at least I don’t think I knew that.)

Is there another example of this that anyone might know about? Tia.

Do we know yet the races of the deceased in El Paso? I know that in Dayton, all but one of the deceased are black. Not sure if that is related to a motive yet or not, we should find out more in a few hours

I thought it was 6 of 9 were black. Where did you get your stats?
And, in Dayton, the people were shot in 30 seconds...not much time to 'choose' a certain demographic.
Having said that, I believe the El Paso situation was clearly racially motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa