Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know. I read (either here or news) today the “shredded” term so I was expecting tears. I was curious if no holes if this thing could still float.

It looks to me like it wouldn’t float as the bottom is no longer flat, that part would sink and then water would pour in from the ripped apart sides.

Anyone else heard of the potential sighting in Moose Jaw tonight? I'm from the area and the Facebook rumour-mill claims they were spotted at the A&W along the Trans-Canada highway. An employee is claiming the RCMP reviewed the footage and believe it was Bryer and Kam. I'll believe it when it's officially announced but I'm still intrigued.

There's supposedly been a large RCMP presence in several smaller Sask. communities as well that people are speculating about. Car searches being done at the turnoff from #1 to #39 highways southeast of Moose Jaw and officers spotted armed with rifles searching the Chamberlain area.

ETA: Sounds like RCMP were also questioning employees specifically about Kam and Bryer at the Flying J down the road. No one there had seen them but police were reviewing their security footage.

The Kawacatoose First Nations Reserve is having a powwow this weekend, there is a post on Facebook, with video and sound, from a fellow that was involved in a sudden police stop with numerous rifles etc. He said they got lost and ended up at a gas station in Tisdale, and they think someone from the gas station called them in as they thought they saw one of the murder suspects in the vehicle. I think it’s about 200ish km to the north of Moose Jaw.

Last edited:
Here's that quote again, which was posted previously. The 13 km here doesn't quite add up and I have to wonder if the reporting was based on the incorrect labeling of the converter station on Google maps in some way. Has anyone been able to find a source on precisely where these "Limestone Rapids" are?

Quote: "The rowboat was found about 70 kilometres north of Gillam, by road, and about 13 kilometres from where police believe the fugitives torched the grey Toyota. The boat had washed up in an area known as the lower Limestone rapids, near the Keewatinoow converter station."

source: RCMP divers to begin searching river near Gillam after finding rowboat, search for B.C. fugitives continues

If they are cruising around A&Ws and lingering, they must be out of ammo as per no dead bodies (that we know of). Maybe the boat attention is a red herring by LE to make the teens think they're not on their trail or to direct the media's attention elsewhere.

Here's that quote again, which was posted previously. The 13 km here doesn't quite add up and I have to wonder if the reporting was based on the incorrect labeling of the converter station on Google maps in some way. Has anyone been able to find a source on precisely where these "Limestone Rapids" are?

Quote: "The rowboat was found about 70 kilometres north of Gillam, by road, and about 13 kilometres from where police believe the fugitives torched the grey Toyota. The boat had washed up in an area known as the lower Limestone rapids, near the Keewatinoow converter station."

source: RCMP divers to begin searching river near Gillam after finding rowboat, search for B.C. fugitives continues

I suggested the person who posted this info join websleuths as he’s worked in the area (he says the boat is nothing most likely, sees busted up boats all the time washed up). Anyways this is what he posted. Maybe, hopefully? he will end up joining and adding his knowledge.

The Limestone River is a tributary that feeds into the Nelson River. All of this is right near Fox Lake. The Limestone hydro dam is 1.5kms up the Nelson River. The next dam is Longspruce and then the Kettle dam. The new dam under construction is Keeyask. However from the Limestone dam North is the Hudson Bay. Two German canoeists capsized their canoe on the Hayes and had to hike over 100kms out of the bush last summer.

I hope it is them and that there is footage. Indisputable evidence. That would be amazing. BS’s birthday dinner perhaps? Eating at A&W would be a pretty stupid move but so is everything else they’ve done. Their egos are probably craving attention.
I didn't even think of the birthday thing, great point! For perspective it sounds like this was around 8 p.m. and the highway A&W is usually pretty dead around that time of night so if it was them they probably felt pretty confident about getting away unidentified.

There must be something that LE has seen that ties them to the boat. It seems like a lot of effort is being put into this if there’s a chance that it’s just some random boat.

BUT...it's not just some random boat. Whoever owned it could be clinging to life, battered and bruised, at the edge of the river.

Regardless of whether this is the boat the guys used to escape, the fact is the RCMP became aware of a damaged boat at the side of a river that they had previously searched days before.

It's their duty to investigate. No matter who might have been in the boat.

BUT...it's not just some random boat. Whoever owned it could be clinging to life, battered and bruised, at the edge of the river.

Regardless of whether this is the boat the guys used to escape, the fact is the RCMP became aware of a damaged boat at the side of a river that they had previously searched days before.

It's their duty to investigate. No matter who might have been in the boat.
Great point. Thank you!

I didn't even think of the birthday thing, great point! For perspective it sounds like this was around 8 p.m. and the highway A&W is usually pretty dead around that time of night so if it was them they probably felt pretty confident about getting away unidentified.

My son sent me a text a few hours ago telling me about this. I don't know the validity of it, but in a way, I'm glad people are still noticing and keeping an eye out for them. They will have security footage from A&W and from the Flying J, so I'm sure the RCMP will know if it could be them or not.

I am near Lake Diefenbaker this weekend, and we have noticed there is a big police presence here. I *think* it's just because the long weekend, but in the 20 years I have been coming out here, it's the most I have ever seen, and my hubby who has been coming here longer than that, says the same. It was strange on Friday since it's the first time ever that I saw RCMP... not once, but twice on the way out here lol

Okay, so that Manitoba Hydro document I linked earlier does show where the Lower Limestone Rapids are as well as the Converter Station. Clearly there is a discrepancy here as they are not in the same place. The mislabeling on Google maps has caused some confusion. Not sure which one of the two is where the boat was actually found. Probably the Lower Limestone Rapids.

I have also marked the spot where Sundance Creek (which is marked on the map) crosses the road, which is reportedly near the precise location the RAV4 was found.

source for Manitoba Hydro document with map: https://www.hydro.mb.ca/projects/bi...ow_converter_station_and_ground_electrode.pdf

Attachments

• rav4.jpg
    rav4.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 44
My son sent me a text a few hours ago telling me about this. I don't know the validity of it, but in a way, I'm glad people are still noticing and keeping an eye out for them. They will have security footage from A&W and from the Flying J, so I'm sure the RCMP will know if it could be them or not.

I am near Lake Diefenbaker this weekend, and we have noticed there is a big police presence here. I *think* it's just because the long weekend, but in the 20 years I have been coming out here, it's the most I have ever seen, and my hubby who has been coming here longer than that, says the same. It was strange on Friday since it's the first time ever that I saw RCMP... not once, but twice on the way out here lol

So curious to see if anything come of this! Plot twist if so...

It seemed to me there’s been less media coverage about the Dive Team’s endeavours compared to the (unsubstantiated) York Landing sighting at the garbage dump. Maybe the difference is this is a dead body search as opposed to a take-down with the potential for violence.

No, I don't think it has anything to do with dead body search vs. take down with potential for violence.

I think most of the press has left the area. Best I can deduce is that there are now 2-3 Canadian news outlets covering the story but most of the press, including all international press, have left the area.

I may be wrong though.

Okay, so that Manitoba Hydro document I linked earlier does show where the Lower Limestone Rapids are as well as the Converter Station. Clearly there is a discrepancy here as they are not in the same place. The mislabeling on Google maps has caused some confusion. Not sure which one of the two is where the boat was actually found. Probably the Lower Limestone Rapids.

I have also marked the spot where Sundance Creek (which is marked on the map) crosses the road, which is reportedly near the precise location the RAV4 was found.

source for Manitoba Hydro document with map: https://www.hydro.mb.ca/projects/bi...ow_converter_station_and_ground_electrode.pdf

Excellent information, thank you!

Your location for lower Limestone Rapids, per other sources I have seen (plus being the only significant set of rapids downstream of Limestone power plant) is correct.

As for the RAV4, one aspect of where it was burned is the power lines. One of the initial photos showing it showed regular (not high tension) power lines on wood poles, and the man who found the car said the flames "were almost up to the wires".
I can see what I think are power pole shadows as the road starts to curve about a hundred yards SW of where the road crosses Sundance Creek. I'll try to figure out more tomorrow on that.

No matter what, the car was very close to there, which means it was very close to the Hundson's Bay rail line.

I feel like the Yukon isn't a "wear a suit to your job interview" sort of place though. I mean, obviously there are probably jobs there that require suits, but I assumed they were looking for more manual labor type of jobs since that's usually the type of jobs people with entry-level qualifications go up North for.
Very few suits are worn in the Yukon, maybe if you’re a lawyer, going to court but not much else. I laughed when I initially read the suit could be for a job interview up here. Surely they’d done a bit of research and would quickly figure it out?

No, I don't think it has anything to do with dead body search vs. take down with potential for violence.

I think most of the press has left the area. Best I can deduce is that there are now 2-3 Canadian news outlets covering the story but most of the press, including all international press, have left the area.

I may be wrong though.
I agree, most of the circus has left town.

I'm just chiming in on the height of KM and BS. (I haven't posted on Websleuths in a few years - I'm a bit rusty). I looked at the CCTV footage of them again to try to find a spot where their heights could be guessed against something static when they're both looking straight ahead. Both of them are looking straight ahead as they come around the corner into aisle 19. I looked at the CCTV footage on the Australian ABC site (Military joins hunt for Canadian fugitives as new CCTV footage released). KM turns the corner and he's looking ahead at 00:05. BS turns the corner and looks ahead at about 00:07. It's not exact, but they do look pretty similar in height compared to the silver vertical bar on the right, although BS appears to stoop a bit. I was wondering if the photo where BS appears taller (the photo of them with the pink butterflies) was taken when they were younger and were growing at different rates.

My nephew had a final growth spurt around the age of 17 when he reached his final height (6' 7"). He's 21 now and starting to fill out, though is still rather scrawny. He was able to buy a suit off the rack (for a university dinner) at one of those big/tall places.

Ok...some random thoughts while I drink coffee and get caught up on the thread.

1) August 4, BS' birthday, has come and gone with nothing "significant" (in the way of them publicly ending their lives if that was their true intention) as far as we know.

2) With the teenagers being from BC...is northeast Manitoba and the Nelson River well-known enough that they would even be familiar with the area and the possible difficulties/travails that await them?

Of course...we also have to consider that things didn't quite go as planned as they traveled to (or toward) Whitehorse...and that the teens never planned to be where they are suspected of being/have been spotted.

If you lived in British Columbia, were 18/19 years old but did have some survival skills...is the Nelson River one you would know enough about to possibly develop an in-situ escape plan if you, somehow, found yourself on the run from LE?

Moosejaw is near Regina, which has links for BS, IIRC from his Facebook?

In reply to numerous posts re Bryer’s suit …

After Bryer and Kam had been named as suspects, Bryer’s father said:

“"He's on a suicide mission. He wants his pain to end," the father said, breaking into tears. "Basically, he's going to be dead today or tomorrow. I know that. Rest in peace, Bryer. I love you. I'm so sorry all this had to happen."

Even if his son is caught, his life will be over, he said. "He wants his hurt to end. They're going to go out in a blaze of glory. Trust me on this."

The father recalled that his son bought a nice black suit with his second paycheck from Walmart.

"Now I realize it's his funeral suit," he said.

Canada murder suspect Bryer Schmegelsky's father says son is on "suicide mission" as police hone in on Gillam, Manitoba - CBS News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlop