TX - 22 killed, 26 injured at Walmart, Cielo Vista, El Paso, 3 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell yeah! That’s what we still have, at least as of yesterday!
Walmarts in my town/area no longer have greeters at the doors and I live in Sam Walton's state. That's why I find it horribly sad when we talk about armed security at Walmart's doors.

I bet you’re right, that Walmart has one hell of a time controlling loss prevention. And I really mean, one hell of a time. Do you know why?

Have you ever looked around you, whether in a restaurant, a store, any kind of business? It doesn’t matter really, anywhere.
My husband and I not only have a business, we actually have several....
but we watch people everywhere we go. And.... we are very, very concerned. Not just with business, but with our society. It is actually a bit scary.

Why? Do you know what the majority of paid Employees are spending their time doing? (Not just employees, but parents, but that is a whole different thread)

Unfortunately, much of the time, They’re playing on their cell phone, and on the computer Looking at Fakebook ( yes, I said FAKE).
Or some other social media.
And in restaurants, we see it, these people seem oblivious... they think they are invisible or something? No, they’re not.
Ignoring responsibility
Ignoring customers

So, you think anyone in ANY business today is REALLY doing their job in monitoring the cameras for security and loss prevention?

I truly seriously doubt it. Gotta disable cell phones and internet social media, otherwise if you’re depending on video surveillance / loss prevention, we are all in for a very wild and dangerous ride. It’s out of control.
Quote bolded by me...I know of 2 people who were caught shoplifting at Walmart. A month or so later, both were charged with 5-7 more shoplifting charges. I was told Walmart goes back through surveillance film to see if they stole at other times. I am not sure if they find more incidents of theft on film by credit card info or by facial recognition. It will be interesting to see if the shooter/murderer had scoped out the Walmart beforehand.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around a motive...

His manifesto says he's worried about climate change and the environment, and that Mexican immigrants are exacerbating that problem???

His manifesto says both Democrats and Republicans suck. One for their support of illegal immigrants from south of the border and the other for supporting corporations who benefit from immigration???

Is it me, or does this "manifesto" get more and more confusing every time you read it?

His manifesto says he's worried about climate change and the environment, and that Mexican immigrants are exacerbating that problem???

His manifesto says both Democrats and Republicans suck. One for their support of illegal immigrants from south of the border and the other for supporting corporations who benefit from immigration???

Is it me, or does this "manifesto" get more and more confusing every time you read it?
The whole anti- corporation rant made me think Walmart was specifically targeted (along with Mexicans).

I’ve read Walmart cut back on security staff at U.S stores to cut costs a few years ago so this doesn’t surprise me. I

I suspect Walmart may face lawsuits in relation to this horrendous tragedy but I have no idea if they will be successful.

A lot of US businesses have eliminated armed guards due to day to day liability fears should one of them misuse a weapon. At the end of the day, armed guards are an agent of the owner- therefore come with a liability large risk and also come with varying degrees of personal maturity.

As for a lawsuit, such a law suit is extremely unlikely to succeed. Even the Los Angeles civil suit attorneys filing in Los Angeles courts (LA being friendly to lawsuits) cautioned survivors of the Las Vegas rampage that monetary awards could be years away and could well never happen. US appellate courts have repeatedly held that business are almost always not responsible for the criminal actions of third parties.
Why would they face lawsuits though?
Because the potential defendant has deep pockets, law suits are easy to file, and there are many attorneys willing to file them (even in cases unlikely succeed).

A common tactic amongst these attorneys is to file a suit they know is very weak, but then demand a cash settlement in return for withdrawing the suit early.

Last edited:

The blurry and confusing manifesto may have several causes including drug use and the tendency for some violent "rebel" types to pull aspects of various "causes" into a garbled personal manifesto.

In addtion, one model of political orientation is not linear (far right to extreme left on a line), but circular.

In the circular model, many aspects of the far right and extreme left come relatively together at the bottom of the "circle". Thus, it is possible for an individual to borrow from both ideologies with out having to "move around" a lot thought wise.

For example, listen to some of the rhetoric spouted by far right ranchers involved in range use stand offs and extreme left Antifa types. You will see that both don't like banks, cooperations, Republicans, Democrats etc. for some reasons that are strangely similar to each other. Likewise, on a larger scale, demagogues like Huey Long, Father Coughlin and the modern day Louis Farrakhan can come across as leftists one day and right wingers the next day- all with out having to move very far politically.

Last edited:
I'd like to know,
A: if any employees were killed.
B: Was this a "tax" free weekend for school shopping.
C: if he was not living in Allen with the grandparents, where was he living and how long was his real commute.

IMO, whatever he presented as his beliefs, the outcome is slowly morphing into his hatred for Families! Mother's and their children.
He wanted to cause grief and distress to cause pain to remaining family members.
He shot at the family outside at a table with a soccer dad.
He shot a "not brown"m or barely brown with a 2 month baby and her husband, essentially leaving the baby an orphan.

I'm basing this on the names and stories coming out.

Maybe his scribbles were about what is being speculated.
What I see is he had a hatred for family units.
ALL Moo

Tax free weekend in Texas is 8/9-8/11
https://www.walmart.com/cp/tax-free-weekend/1106992

His rant isn't out-of-place for a certain group of fascists - Ecofascists. These people believe that immigration destroys enviroments and polluters should be killed - and by polluters they mean nowhite people. I'd love to see their confusion when they kill every POC and the oil companies still pollute - but i digress.

Civilian assault rifles are just regular rifles, or .223 rifles.with modern black styling. Its the huge magazines that allow pulling off so much shooting.
Someone, a hero, in Dayton grabbed the rifle, and died for it.
Police arriving immediately after this had to confront a murderer who was armed with only a handgun.
MOO We need a civilian medal of honor for the heroes that charge these mad men and turn the tables saving many many people.

Last edited:
Civilian assault rifles are just regular rifles, or .223 rifles.with modern black styling. Its the huge magazines that allow pulling off so much shooting.
Someone in Dayton grabbed the rifle, and died for it.
Police arriving immediately after this had to confront a murderer who was armed with a handgun. Better.
MOO We need a civilian medal of honor for the heroes that charge these mad men and turn the tables saving many many people.
I totally, 100% agree that we owe our LEOs our respect and gratitude. They are indeed saving lives and it is so reassuring to know they are trained and willing to accept the risks. Thank you!

But, if a killer either doesn't care if he is shot or actually wants to get shot by a cop, then the fact that the cops stop the mass killers isn't a deterrent to another mass killer from doing the same thing.

The problem starts well before the cops are called.

jmo

Op-Ed: We have studied every mass shooting since 1966. Here's what we've learned about the shooters
AUG. 4, 2019

“Although we haven’t found that mass shooters are all alike, our data do reveal four commonalities among the perpetrators of nearly all the mass shootings we studied.

“First, the vast majority of mass shooters in our study experienced early childhood trauma and exposure to violence at a young age.”

Snip

“Second, practically every mass shooter we studied had reached an identifiable crisis point in the weeks or months leading up to the shooting. They often had become angry and despondent because of a specific grievance.”

Snip

“Third, most of the shooters had studied the actions of other shooters and sought validation for their motives. People in crisis have always existed. But in the age of 24-hour rolling news and social media, there are scripts to follow that promise notoriety in death.”

Snip

“Fourth, the shooters all had the means to carry out their plans.”

——

Meanwhile, in business news today:

Gun stocks rise after mass shootings and Trump's call for stronger background checks - CNN

——

The terrible numbers that grow with each mass shooting
https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...-shootings-in-america/?utm_term=.d598c60e47f1

Last edited:
In my opinion this will unfold to be far different than our “quick to draw conclusions “ politicians have portrayed it. That manifesto is a cluster. When all is said and done, this depraved nut job will end up being a part of a terror organization, but it won’t be the so called “white nationalist “ group.

Op-Ed: We have studied every mass shooting since 1966. Here's what we've learned about the shooters
AUG. 4, 2019

“First, the vast majority of mass shooters in our study experienced early childhood trauma and exposure to violence at a young age.”

Snip

“Second, practically every mass shooter we studied had reached an identifiable crisis point in the weeks or months leading up to the shooting. They often had become angry and despondent because of a specific grievance.”

Snip

“Third, most of the shooters had studied the actions of other shooters and sought validation for their motives. People in crisis have always existed. But in the age of 24-hour rolling news and social media, there are scripts to follow that promise notoriety in death.”

Snip

“Fourth, the shooters all had the means to carry out their plans.”

——

Meanwhile, in business news today:

Gun stocks rise after mass shootings and Trump's call for stronger background checks - CNN
This is very interesting!

I would think there is something in between the experience of childhood trauma and the onset of the crisis in the weeks/months leading up to the shooting (between the first and second items on the list above).

Plenty of people experience trauma in childhood and who manage to go on to live healthy lives. Not every child who experiences trauma later shoots people. So I'm thinking there must be another common denominator that indicates the child never healed from the trauma. THAT missing link is worth finding, imo.

In fact, some people who experience trauma as children or later in life credit that trauma for giving them strength, determination, sense of connection to people who helped them, purpose, compassion.

Trauma doesn't need to lead to life-long anger and eventually violence - but in these mass-shooting cases it seems to. What's the difference between who recovers from trauma and who doesn't?

jmo

Last edited:
His rant isn't out-of-place for a certain group of fascists - Ecofascists. These people believe that immigration destroys enviroments and polluters should be killed - and by polluters they mean nowhite people. I'd love to see their confusion when they kill every POC and the oil companies still pollute - but i digress.
He mentioned Christchurch NZ terrorist, and that guy mentioned 2011 July 22 Norway terrorist. Both expressed such views.

The "others" are breeding at a much higher rate, and will soon "replace" us ... that's how they brainwash newbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox