CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, of course and it can and probably was easily verified by LE. The trouble is we haven’t been told the answer.

Personally, I think LE was able to verify by photo or other evidence BT’s existence in that location at some point that day. The search continued well beyond the ability for her to survive, which indicates to me that they were reasonably sure she was there somewhere.

Of course, there is always the remote possibility that she and RT left that location after establishing proof of her presence, went elsewhere and he returned there to report her missing. I don’t necessarily believe that scenario, but it has to stay on the table for now.
JMO

I agree re LE.
The data in the picture will provide not only at what day but also at what time it was taken.
If he called at noon, and said she went missing at 11.and for example the picture was at 10:45, the data of the picture shows just that.

There are several tools to check the data on this picture. It also gives the coordinates.
If the picture is cropped, the older data will still be in it.

i have asked. Barb has always been a private person. if she has any friends, not one has stepped forward to share anything. either they are afraid to speak or they dont exist.
this line of thought leads us to some very important questions about the lifestyle her and robbie led, and the nature of their relationship.
at this point, as far as i know, barbs best friend, her collie, is being routinely dropped at the kennel. noone has seen it walked since she disappeared.
according to robbie, barb was best friends with his daughter and his sister.
i know their family is also suffering a family member in poor health just like our family is. my heart goes out to them in this terrible time.
why is noone speaking up for barb since robbie clammed up? it is a very good question imo.
if, as has been suggested, she was trapped in a dangerously controlling relationship, what would be a motive for her disappearance?
a few on this forum have shared their personal stories... suffice to say a relationship can look very rosy from a distance, can even stand up to the scrutiny of close friends and family, and still be a prison of anguish and deception for the one trapped by a controlling spouse.

I am in Barbaras age range. If I disappeared the friends I have would be all over it trying to figure out what the heck happened. I don’t think a single solitary one of them would hesitate to talk to the news media. Makes NO sense To me that her friends aren’t stepping forward if she had some and I truly do not understand BTs husband not taking the time to plead for her in the news since he thinks she was possibly abducted. No disrespect intended, I just don’t understand.

Could it be possible RT named himself a prime suspect/POI so he could Have an excuse to lawyer up and not say anything?

Just speculating and trying to understand.

-Respectfully snipped by me-

But either way - it doesn't make his story more or less 'credible'

That could be what she was wearing whilst he was involved with her disappearance

I don't have a problem with her taking a jaunt with a beer & wearing a bikini etc - that is perfectly credible to my mind

I have this niggly feeling that he is creating a narrative based on past events - that is why I'd like to know

In addition: quite obviously: knowing what indeed, as fact, she was wearing when she disappeared would help searchers, witnesses, etc. to come forward with information if indeed they saw a gal in a black bikini with a red cap...

JMO

I did not mean in regards to what she was wearing, but in regards to if she ever was there to begin with.

http://exifdata.com/exif.php

5d296fa88fc48.image.jpg
1565223292.12_5d296fa88fc48.image.jpg

Resolution
196x240

File Size
9.6 kB
File Type
JPEG
MIME Type
image/jpeg
Image Width
Image Height
Encoding Process
Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
Bits Per Sample
Color Components
X Resolution
Y Resolution
YCbCr Sub Sampling
YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)

5d296fa88fc48.image.jpg

Resolution
196x240

File Size
9.6 kB
File Type
JPEG
MIME Type
image/jpeg
Image Width
Image Height
Encoding Process
Bits Per Sample
Color Components
X Resolution
Y Resolution
YCbCr Sub Sampling

I don’t see the info we thought would be there. But thank you!

5d296fa88fc48.image.jpg

Resolution
196x240

File Size
9.6 kB
File Type
JPEG
MIME Type
image/jpeg
Image Width
Image Height
Encoding Process
Bits Per Sample
Color Components
X Resolution
Y Resolution
YCbCr Sub Sampling

Thanks for this. Depending on the device used by Robert, the list should be way longer whilst using a matching app, it then also includes the date and time and even coordinates.

Neither do I Lilibet, but perhaps its a code of some sort? :cool:

I also got this on the bottom - when you scroll down, but nothing that looks like an actual date: (except for today's date) 8/7

Detailed

System
File Name
5d296fa88fc48.image.jpg
File Size
9.6 kB
File Modify Date
2019:08:07 20:14:52-04:00
File Permissions
rw-r--r--

File
File Type
JPEG
MIME Type
image/jpeg
Image Width
Image Height
Encoding Process
Bits Per Sample
Color Components
Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling

JFIF
JFIF Version
Resolution Unit
inches
X Resolution
Y Resolution

Composite
Image Size
196x240

Thanks for this. Depending on the device used by Robert, the list should be way longer whilst using a matching app, it then also includes the date and time and even coordinates.
Likely the app used to clip the photo did not preserve the metadata. Or the web sites filter it out before posting.

Well, as it turns out, I was mistaken.:oops: I did a quick search and found the real story. It was a photo and a mine expert that cracked the case:

For several weeks searchers looked through every single mine shaft in the vast desert area, not knowing the condition of them. Some you could walk into, others you had to rappel to look for Erin Corwin's body.

Detectives showed the photos to mine expert Doug Billings.

"I didn't have to look at a map, I knew exactly where it was, so I was able to help direct the rescue team," Billings told local TV station KESQ.

Married to a Marine, in love with another, pregnant woman disappears in the desert

ETA another link:
Untapped gold mine was site of Erin Corwin body
Well, then thank goodness for Doug Billings. He sure is an expert, didn't even need a map! This case was so heartbreaking and cruel.

You are right, of course and it can and probably was easily verified by LE. The trouble is we haven’t been told the answer.

Personally, I think LE was able to verify by photo or other evidence BT’s existence in that location at some point that day. The search continued well beyond the ability for her to survive, which indicates to me that they were reasonably sure she was there somewhere.

Of course, there is always the remote possibility that she and RT left that location after establishing proof of her presence, went elsewhere and he returned there to report her missing. I don’t necessarily believe that scenario, but it has to stay on the table for now.
JMO
Yes that's why they kept the search going IMO. At this point, I don't know what happened to her, got lost possibly?

Could it be possible RT named himself a prime suspect/POI so he could Have an excuse to lawyer up and not say anything?
But he did give two interviews. Since then there have been countless accusations and insinuations made against him, all over the internet. As he is the last person known to have been with Barbara, that was sadly inevitable.

My guess is after that, he was encouraged by friends or family to take legal advice, and that advice was to make no further public statements. Nobody needs an "excuse" to protect themselves with legal advice.

Likely the app used to clip the photo did not preserve the metadata. Or the web sites filter it out before posting.

Thankfully, LE would have had access to that info and could determine when the photo was taken. Of course, if it wasn’t taken that day it’s meaningless except to show what she looked like and was said to be wearing.

In all fairness, my husband and I don’t always take photos of each other when traveling.

But he did give two interviews. Since then there have been countless accusations and insinuations made against him, all over the internet. As he is the last person known to have been with Barbara, that was sadly inevitable.

My guess is that after that he was encouraged by friends or family to take legal advice, and that advice was to make no further public statements. Nobody needs an "excuse" to protect themselves with legal advice.
No but if he is so sure she was kidnapped shouldn't he make pleas to the kidnappers and be putting up posters everywhere?

I couldn't wait for her son's interview but I think the network coached him on what he could say and what he could not say. It was not as explosive as what he said before on facebook, I believe. I feel sorry for him

Yes that's why they kept the search going IMO. At this point, I don't know what happened to her, got lost possibly?

From Koester: due to reduction in visual field, people with dementia are more likely to keep going in a straight line, until they get stuck.

They also are less likely to leave verifiable clues, and many are not responsive - they won't cry out for help or respond to calls.

The book pages for this are 161-163.

We do not know if BT had dementia but it is common (p. 72) for that not to be reported to SAR.

From Koester: due to reduction in visual field, people with dementia are more likely to keep going in a straight line, until they get stuck.

They also are less likely to leave verifiable clues, and many are not responsive - they won't cry out for help or respond to calls.

The book pages for this are 161-163.

We do not know if BT had dementia but it is common (p. 72) for that not to be reported to SAR.

Or possible heat exhaustion/heat-related illness. That can cause mental status changes. IMO.

RT told his story to various media outlet including his description of her at the moment she went missing.. Told his theory as to what he thinks happened after days of searching with no proof of any kind. No witness.. He put up a defense for himself against LE who never accused in public... Did not say anything to family when it first happened or days later and then ran to a lawyer.
Apparently Some people think that was the right thing to do .. But to me, So much happened in the critical period and he never included family and now her son is lost for words. Apparently the son has no communication with RT.. He never said in his interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert