CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dbdb11 :)

IIRC, your family has been in touch w LE investigating BT's disappearance.
Has family had direct contact w employee(s) of ---
- SanBernCounty Sheriff's Dept?
- Bullhead City LE?
- Mohave County LE Sheriffs Office.
Same question for you personally?

Thx in adv.

Also, @dbdb11, is there any update on the drone search application you posted a little while back? Thanks, and wishing you the best.
I was wondering about that too. I was hoping we would have heard something by now as to whether that would be possible or not.
I know sometimes they don't always have the means or the money to do it.

chains of evidence.

if they haven't found them already, I hope they find chains soon. i hope they follow all chains of evidence to their natural source, and find Barbara.

I want to make a second appeal to Robert's family, or his lawyer, or to anyone who knew him better than I did, to describe the character of the man.

chains of evidence.

if they haven't found them already, I hope they find chains soon. i hope they follow all chains of evidence to their natural source, and find Barbara.

I want to make a second appeal to Robert's family, or his lawyer, or to anyone who knew him better than I did, to describe the character of the man.
Emph. mine
Bolding mine

Agreed !
Thus far RT holds the only clues.

We still do not know if they proceeded straight to the desert or made a few stops before ; where Barbara could have been seen by others or at least security cameras.

its been thirty days...

we are so far removed and this whole thing has been very surreal... it is still more unbelieveable to me than anything else.

As frustrating as this has been, not learning anything new from the police since day 1, I do not feel helpless. And I do not feel hopeless that Barbara is still alive.

we are removed, remote... but confident the search is moving forward. The literal search for Barbara is officially over, but the search for answers is turning up new information everyday. people who i was failing to reach out to are now reaching out to me with very relevant information.

For my family and I, we want to make sure Barbara is found, and then, hopefully, find out why she went missing.

How are you holding up, @dbdb11? I can only imagine what this anguish is like. Wishing you peace, though I know it's not realistic until you know where she is. But wishing it all the same.

Because it is not the same dog?
She got a puppy, as far as I know.

I do not see any answers here, it is too far fetched with all due respect, IMO.

its been thirty days...

we are so far removed and this whole thing has been very surreal... it is still more unbelieveable to me than anything else.

As frustrating as this has been, not learning anything new from the police since day 1, I do not feel helpless. And I do not feel hopeless that Barbara is still alive.

we are removed, remote... but confident the search is moving forward. The literal search for Barbara is officially over, but the search for answers is turning up new information everyday. people who i was failing to reach out to are now reaching out to me with very relevant information.

For my family and I, we want to make sure Barbara is found, and then, hopefully, find out why she went missing.

It sounds to me that you believe Barbara is alive and was indeed abducted....??

If not, what is your current working theory on what has occurred?

TIA

It sounds to me that you believe Barbara is alive and was indeed abducted....??

If not, what is your current working theory on what has occurred?

TIA
That isn’t how I interpreted his remarks, but let’s see what the nephew says.

Sending prayers to the family. Time for answers.

its been thirty days...

RBBM

So glad to hear this.

Me neither :( But I bit the bullet just for you :) Nothing new, and frankly, a little flippant ( or disrespectful) in the treatment of the story of a woman who we have spent so much time thinking and worrying about. A lot of nonsense (or frothy fun), but no new facts. It was from 7/31, so that makes sense. If anything was interesting, it was their take on the layout of the area where they parked, since one of them says she visited the area.

ETA: I'm the crotchety type, so don't take my POV on it seriously. Listen yourself, you may enjoy it or get a new insight.

Last edited:
Me neither :( But I bit the bullet just for you :) Nothing new, and frankly, a little flippant ( or disrespectful) in the treatment of the story of a woman who we have spent so much time thinking and worrying about. A lot of nonsense (or frothy fun), but no new facts. It was from 7/31, so that makes sense. If anything was interesting, it was their take on the layout of the area where they parked, since one of them says she visited the area.

ETA: I'm the crotchety type, so don't take my POV on it seriously. Listen yourself, you may enjoy it or get a new insight.

Thanks for taking one for the team! I’ll take your crotchety word for it. :D

I can relate. There is an approved videocast person that everyone seems to love. I find him to be flippant, and without the decorum and respect that should be given when discussing missing or murdered. Self promoters. I find that distasteful. I’m crotchety too.

Amateur opinion and speculation

bbm

Lafayette man's mother still missing after hiking in the Mojave Desert with husband
Deputies believe Barbara was last seen about 20 miles north of the I-40 freeway east of Kelbaker Road.

We reached out to Robert to ask him what happened, but he directed us to his lawyer.

"Still frantically working on a way to get information to bring her [Barbara] home," said Robert's attorney, Eric Anderson out of California.

Frustrating. Was it "20 miles" or "6.3 miles" north of I-40?
Does that mean LE believes that whatever happened to BT occurred 14 miles farther north of where RT says she 'disappeared around a corner'?

RT's lawyer is working on a way to get information?
Get information from whom?
Is that an ...admission by proxy?

Also, @dbdb11, is there any update on the drone search application you posted a little while back? Thanks, and wishing you the best.
I'm glad you asked this because it caused me to look at their website to see if there have been any comments. And sadly, there hasn't been, but I noticed the flyer posted there is not the most current one with the truck and RV.

@dbdb11, here is the most current flyer, courtesy of @Kapua, if you want to have them update it.

missing-flyercolor2.jpg

AZ - AZ - Barbara Thomas, 69, Timeline, Media, Maps, *NO DISCUSSION*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members