NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking, 6 July 2019 #2 *FOUND DECEASED IN JAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this but we may need a verified attorney to weigh in.
"The privilege generally stays in effect even after the attorney-client relationship ends, and even after the client dies. In other words, the lawyer can never divulge the client’s secrets without the client’s permission, unless some kind of exception (see below) applies. (United States v. White, 970 F.2d 328 (7th Cir. 1992); Swidler & Berlin v. United States, 524 U.S. 399 (1998).)"
The Attorney-Client Privilege

VI. CONCLUSION
In Swidler& Berlinv. UnitedStates,the Supreme Court sent a clear message that the contours of the posthumous attorney- client privilege were not to be determined by balancing clients' interests in confidentiality against other judicial policy goals. The decision reaffirmed clients' best interests as the guiding principle when preservation of the attorney-client privilege is questioned. However, in failing to address cases implicating defendants' constitutional rights, the Court left open the question whether defendants' right to present exculpatory evidence under the Compulsory Process Clause warrants suspension of the posthumous privilege. However, the Swidler Court's emphasis on client interests in construing the privilege, as well as previous courts' unwillingness to limit common law privileges when con- fronted with Compulsory Process Clause challenges, makes it unlikely that the Supreme Court will recognize an additional exception to the posthumous attorney-client privilege for exculpatory evidence.
https://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=7008&context=jclc

https://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=7008&context=jclc

Amen! I totally agree.

And more of a cultural shift on these issues. If you ever watched the HBO Series "Mad Men", it's a good example of what used to be acceptable behavior in the business and political world WRT prostitution, affairs, etc. Women graduating college in the 70's going into the business world had challenges dealing with clients who didn't want a woman handling their business because the men customarily bought them hookers and entertained them at strip clubs. Prostitution and hard partying were an integral part of the business and political world then and now.

I thought with women's liberation, that stuff would go away, but it appears to be worse than ever. No one is asking for a return to Puritanism, but people need to keep their private stuff private and out of business and politics. And they need to keep it legal. We need change in our institutions, not just our families. Epstein wasn't abusing young girls by making them available to working class folks, he was catering to the elite and it trickles down from there.

Look how long it's been taking them to work out the kinks on Marijuana, the Devil's Lettuce. Just in Ohio. You still can't buy legal weed in Ohio can you? Last I checked w/my kin, they said it was not available. Also, "the world's oldest profession" is seen as more awful than weed, and a path directly to Hell. Neither side, of our very limited, two choice party system, is willing to go there yet, imo. Tax revenue or not. It would be pretty hard to tax what goes on in someone's bedroom, too.

All true. But the sex worker industry needs much more oversight than its currently getting. No more of giving a nod and a wink to this kind of thing in the higher circles of power. Or at the local court house.

Sex trafficking: Trapped and trafficked, Portsmouth's dark secret

The agent linked to Mearan 27 women who worked for him as prostitutes, including one who has been missing since 2013 and another found dead of “multiple traumas” the same year.

The agent added that Mearan has been “known to law enforcement” in Portsmouth since the 1970s and has been indirectly tied to multiple prior FBI investigations into human trafficking, extortion, violent gangs and “White Slave Trafficking.”

The DEA investigation appears to have concluded in October 2016, when the last of eight defendants pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute heroin and other drugs.

Sex trafficking, drugs and the criminal justice system sometimes go hand in hand.

Suicide or foul play? To be honest I think nobody will ever know what happened to Jeffrey Epstein.
Of course MSM say he killed himself but I don't believe mainstream media too much... :rolleyes:
Not even an investigation I think would be able to solve this mystery (if this is a real mystery....who knows...) :eek:

The cell has 24/7 cameras so...

**MY. OPINION ONLY**

Jeffrey Epstein is not dead! This is another hoax where money talks. Ask yourself why he was taken off suicide watch after supposedly having tried to commit suicide several weeks ago? Makes no sense when they know he is a big risk.

He had been in a Cell with a roommate when the first alleged suicide attempt occurred. Nothing has been mentioned about a roommate in this Cell where he was supposedly successful. What a strange coincidence or perfect setup?

Did all the guards leave for their break at the same time? The cameras just happened to stop working at the same time? The other inmates around him heard or saw nothing? Was JE in a Cell isolated from the sight of any inmates?

Money talks, politicians in high places can pull unbelievable feats, right? With the right connections, JE was taken out of his cell, as alive as you and I! The picture of him going into the hospital was to reinforce that he was dead, dying. Don’t buy it. His color was too good for a dying man.

JE was taken in one door, redressed into another outfit with a wig, toupee and mustache or beard and walked out another door. Or, the easiest way, a sheet was pulled over his head as if he was deceased, and he was whisked off to a secretive place.

He will have plastic surgery, get a new identity, and move to a new country. The news will tell us he was cremated. The disposition of his assets will be done in a clever manner that will eventually return to JE. JMO

anything in possible. without seeing morgue photos and autopsy reports...I definitely think he has the means to disappear and never be found.

For those interested in a break from epstein, take a walk down family Maxwell. g maxwell needs a thread of her own. Quite the PBS/TCM/Lifetime/FX/ID Channel/Spy Vs Spy read.

Ghislaine Maxwell, the ninth, youngest and widely credited with being her father’s, Robert Maxwell, favorite child. Ghislaine Maxwell - Wikipedia

Robert Maxwell Robert Maxwell - Wikipedia

Elisabeth Maxwell Elisabeth Maxwell - Wikipedia Betty Maxwell

Very interesting Twin sisters.
Christine Maxwell, Christine Maxwell - Wikipedia

Isabel Sylvia Margaret Maxwell Isabel Maxwell - Wikipedia

Kevin Maxwell, Kevin Maxwell - Wikipedia

Ian Maxwell, Ian Maxwell - Wikipedia

Karine Maxwell, died of leukemia at age three

Michael Maxwell, was severely injured in a car crash in 1961, died seven years later

Philip Maxwell

Ann Maxwell
If there is an active case against GM, we should open a WS thread. I don't think there is one though, right? Wasn't there a civil case that was settled, but no criminal case as of yet?

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'd like to see her face charges for any crimes she has committed. (It's especially painful to know grown women were luring the young girls to JE. I like to think we women have a maternal instinct toward younger women/girls, but that nice idea doesn't seem to be universally true.)

jmo

If there is an active case against GM, we should open a WS thread. I don't think there is one though, right? Wasn't there a civil case that was settled, but no criminal case as of yet?

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'd like to see her face charges for any crimes she has committed. (It's especially painful to know grown women were luring the young girls to JE. I like to think we women have a maternal instinct toward younger women/girls, but that nice idea doesn't seem to be universally true.)

jmo
G.M.,Doe V. Giuffre returns to court in September to decide on unsealing more records
*Doe might have been Epstein

And the DM had those photos of Fergie coming to town. She looked so strange, almost upset or something. Not happy.
My guess is that they both got a stern talking to from the Queen

Andrew for his activities with a girl 3 year older than his older daughter AND his continued fraternization with Epstein even after he had been convicted in Florida.

And Ferguson for her 9 month negotiations with Epstein to accept his money to pay off her debts. And why on earth would Epstein pay off Sarah Ferguson's debts?

The DM I think was trying to promote the visit of the disgraced York (s) to Balmoral as getting the Queen's approval for their supposed re-marriage. Considering the current state of events with Epstein's death and the exploding court cases, I don't think the Queen would ever sanction that. Rather, send them both off to different very quiet and dull places to live dull and ordinary lives and to not appear in public for years. Oh, and Sarah can darn well work to earn her keep.

My guess is that they both got a stern talking to from the Queen

Andrew for his activities with a girl 3 year older than his older daughter AND his continued fraternization with Epstein even after he had been convicted in Florida.

And Ferguson for her 9 month negotiations with Epstein to accept his money to pay off her debts. And why on earth would Epstein pay off Sarah Ferguson's debts?

The DM I think was trying to promote the visit of the disgraced York (s) to Balmoral as getting the Queen's approval for their supposed re-marriage. Considering the current state of events with Epstein's death and the exploding court cases, I don't think the Queen would ever sanction that. Rather, send them both off to different very quiet and dull places to live dull and ordinary lives and to not appear in public for years. Oh, and Sarah can darn well work to earn her keep.

I wasn't going to participate in this discussion beyond posting articles I've read about the case, but I'm curious. Is there a "spousal privilege" rule in British courts? Would it somehow benefit Andrew and/or Sarah to remarry and not have to testify against one another in an eventual trial?

I wouldn't be surprised to find that those cameras malfunctioned that night.

I hear ya!

Anyone starting to notice how this thread and all the public forums on this case reads like a “conspiracy theory” thread? The language is the same and the things being questioned are the same.

Feels like a shift is happening in how people view the whole “pedophiles run the world” thought process.

I wasn't going to participate in this discussion beyond posting articles I've read about the case, but I'm curious. Is there a "spousal privilege" rule in British courts? Would it somehow benefit Andrew and/or Sarah to remarry and not have to testify against one another in an eventual trial?
Great question. I hope someone knows the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419