Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffrey Bizzack, of Solana Beach, California, was the 51st person to be charged.

Bizzack, 59, is the 23rd defendant to plead guilty, while the others are fighting their charges.

Bizzack entered the plea to conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud in Boston's federal court. As part of a plea deal with Bizzack, prosecutors are recommending nine months in prison, a $75,000 fine and other restitution to be decided during sentencing.

Bizzack gave a total of $200,000 to a sham charity run by the admissions consultant at the center of the scheme and sent a $50,000 check to the USC "Galen Center," a campus sports arena, to have his son designated as a recruit for the volleyball team. His son was formally accepted in March 2018.

Father pleads guilty to paying $250,000 to get son into college as fake volleyball recruit

jeffrey-bizzack.jpg

Illinois parents 'are giving up custody of their children to help them get college scholarships' | Daily Mail Online

This is just as bad as the college scandal but it is different because it is legal.

Well-to-do Illinois parents, including lawyers, doctors and realtors, are reportedly giving up custody of their high school-aged children in order to help them secure scholarships and financial aid reserved for low-income students.

Separate investigations conducted by ProPublica Illinois and The Wall Street Journal have uncovered dozens of cases in the wealthy suburbs of Chicago involving parents transferring legal guardianship of their teenagers to grandparents, aunts, friends, or even co-workers over the past year-and-a-half.

The idea behind the tactic, which is legal in Illinois, is that once the parents give up custody, the children are able to declare themselves financially independent on college applications and declare dramatically lower incomes.

Wait 'til those parents file their taxes without that deduction! At least it was a rather big hit at my house....

Maybe their tax preparer has similar ethics & knowledge of loopholes? I don't.

JMHO YMMV

Illinois parents 'are giving up custody of their children to help them get college scholarships' | Daily Mail Online

This is just as bad as the college scandal but it is different because it is legal.

Well-to-do Illinois parents, including lawyers, doctors and realtors, are reportedly giving up custody of their high school-aged children in order to help them secure scholarships and financial aid reserved for low-income students.

Separate investigations conducted by ProPublica Illinois and The Wall Street Journal have uncovered dozens of cases in the wealthy suburbs of Chicago involving parents transferring legal guardianship of their teenagers to grandparents, aunts, friends, or even co-workers over the past year-and-a-half.

The idea behind the tactic, which is legal in Illinois, is that once the parents give up custody, the children are able to declare themselves financially independent on college applications and declare dramatically lower incomes.

Gosh darn. Why didn't we think of being dishonest like that?! We could've easily saved $1000's of dollars. :confused:

I can’t see a post or any comments , just the pic.
I can see comments but it’s says “Comments on this post have been limited” at the bottom and won’t let me comment. I don’t see where she commented other than her original post. The comments are mostly by other verified influencers and are positive in nature.

Lori Loughlin’s Daughter Olivia Jade Giannulli Slams Media and Their “Sources” After College Admissions Scandal

"It’s been a while since we have heard anything about Lori Loughlin’s college admissions bribery scandal. Luckily, her daughter Olivia Jade Giannulli took to Instagram on Sunday to refresh our memory with a blunt post questioning the “sources” of all the media outlets reporting on the scandal.

In the photo, Giannulli has two middle fingers up ..."

The comment section is open on that one :D

Unbelievable

Oh Nevermind, I get it now, I’d forgotten her ludicrous pose. LOL
What an insolent little brat.
The post might get her some insta-fan comments (real or purchased comments and follows, IDK), but does she think that attitude will restore her sponsorships?! I sure hope not. It's ugly, imo.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member