Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very interesting that this behavior from Bryer's dad seems to have continued over a long period of time, and possibly with multiple targets of the harassment (?) The reason why I mention this is I see obvious parallels between this and the threats Bryer made to kill others and then himself...perhaps this is where he learned this behavior from.
Here's a twisting thought: What if Bryer has not killed anyone in this thrill trip? What if Kam is the one who executed all the murders?
Having said that - MOO I feel that AS is broken - it began when he was denied seeing his only child back in 2005. The harassment charges as I understand were toward his ex's BF. So think about it - here is a dad who has a son and is banned for non-murderous reason from seeing his own flesh and blood. Meanwhile he is likely paying the ex child support through the whole time.
Then we learn the relationship between son and mother deteriorated, he can't go live with dad because he's not of 'age'. He stays with grandma - probably his only ever bit of stability - but grandma is older. Meanwhile he is now likely very restricted from seeing his father - who would likely love to have him but the court laws don't allow him custody. He gets to the age of 16 and pretty lost in his home upbringing, quit school around that time he goes to stay with dad for the first time in his life, only for 2 months. He returns to PA for a number of reasons: 1. His bff is there; 2. An Alternative Program has been worked out for him to complete his education;, 3. The absentee Mom must have him back in PA because she won't get the support payments from dad.
Skip to 2019 - AS's son graduates, he can finally build a relationship with his son because he's 18 and mom can't get any more child support payments and can't interfere in her son rebuilding relationship with dad. Dad sees some sunlight in his life. Not less than a month later, his son has slipped through the cracks of life and Dad never will get the chance to make up the years he was kept from his son. Then, a truck/camper burns. No doubt the RCMP tracks the vin to Kam Mcleod's parents. They tell them who Kam was also with and give the RCMP the current 'custodians' of Bryer - his mother and grandmother. The RCMP call them because they have the legal guardianship. That is why the RCMP likely didn't contact Alan Schmegelsky. HOWEVER, what happens? Neither the ex wife or the grandmother have the courtesy to let Bryer's dad know his son is missing - he learns in a newspaper. If the media knew how to track his dad down, sure as hell the ex wife or grandmother did too.

Personally speaking, if it was my son - I'd probably have a nervous breakdown or wish I was dead right now. I really really believe AS is hugely broken man, and for many reasons he can't be faulted. He's not crying fake tears. Never mind the history but to have to acknowledge world wide "My son is the most hated man in Canada" - is the most heartbreaking words I've ever heard from a parent of a child who is a murder suspect and now dead.

That could be a possibility. Especially if his mom was the disciplinarian while his dad was the "weekend dad" who shows up with expensive gifts. Sons kind of automatically look up to their fathers too, I think.

A disciplinarian who buys videos games in an effort to make him behave??

RCMP charged them with second degree murder in the death of Leonard Dyck.

Definition: Generally, a deliberate killing that occurs without planning and does not fall under any of the categories of first degree murder.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/what...-2nd-degree-murder-and-manslaughter-1.5068520

Could my suggestion still apply tho? They didn’t know he would have a heart attack. They could have followed through with other methods to ensure he had died too.

Here's a twisting thought: What if Bryer has not killed anyone in this thrill trip? What if Kam is the one who executed all the murders?
SBM

I know it is likely we may never know, but I am very curious which one of them pulled the trigger in each murder.

I have long thought that Kam was the leader--and I still do in that I think his personality likely was calmer, more confident, and more decisive under stress than Bryer's, and that's why he seemed to be managing the show more when they were on the lam--but I think their deep friendship might make the usual dyad killing dynamics a little different, so it is not as clear-cut of a case of leader who manipulates follower and follower who is easily manipulated.

MOO

Last edited:
I think because they don’t want detail of how he was killed released. They want to preserve his dignity.

Every day on the news I hear, "man stabbed to death", "woman shot to death", "teen gunned down in daylight shooting", "woman beaten to death with bat", etc etc etc.

I guess in all those cases the police said f&%k it to the victim's dignity? Why all of a sudden is this one person's dignity so exceptionally important to protect while the other 99.9% of the murder victims in society are not worthy of being afforded that same "dignity"?

Not buyin' it! There's something else happening here and I can't quite put my finger on it.

my oversight! the file concluded in 2010. the first charge was christmas day december 25 2008, but i do recall hearing that one was on Bs birthday. there are SO many charges and breaches it is very hard to keep them straight.

A lot of them are continuation of charges, multiple visits regarding a charge. There were charges of criminal harassment for contacting Debbie Sweeney, Jeff McKillop (the boyfriend) and Carol Starkey (grandmother/Debbies mother). Then there are charges for breaking probation.

It seem as though he represented himself. I assume lawyer fees were an issue.

Where did the guy say he found the sleeping bag? So if a sleeping bag was found then these 2 didn't die at night out there in their sleeping bags. I hope the RCMP will at least give when they died. JMO

I myself would think that she may not be such a great influence herself though considering Bryer apparently wasn't even living with her. Must be a reason for that. In my opinion, a good mother would do what she can to help her child. Not ditch them with their own mother(assuming it is her mother he was living with).

Then why would AS continue to harrass her ? if Bry was ditched ,.. why not harrass the grandmother.. perhaps he was, who knows. Certainly, Bry is on record as being a bit of an harasser himself, as the young woman from his school attests to. He threatened to cut her head off, not once but as a regular jab. The kind of thing teenage boys do to teenage girls, who refuse to acknowledge their inherent greatness.

If he was doing that at school , guaranteed he was doing that at home to grandma , and to his mother before that, and maybe Bry was one of those kids whom a single mother cannot raise. The impossibility is inbuilt in the child.

And while the threats and stalking was just , as far as is known , merely verbal , at school, it didn't take long for Bry to escalate that to real , viable threats, and action to make manifest his inner dialogue.

Both he and Kam had not left school long before they took to the highway.

Miss Deese would have realized that, probably seconds before she was murdered, probably as Lucas was being murdered. She would have then known that what this Bry bloke said, was what he was going to do.

One of the great tells of human life. It's not what you say, it's what you do. That is the signifier.

It's possible. Personally I've never felt that way about super tall people, but combined with not being athletic and being underweight, I could see it. I don't think his height was the reason why his classmates might have felt intimidated by him or thought he was different, though. Maybe it made his jokes/threats about killing people seem scarier, though...for example when you're around someone who is armed with a huge knife, wearing Nazi regalia, hopped up on Ritalin, and is ALSO 6'4" on top of that, it's definitely time to leave.

Oh, wow, yet another dysfunctional family parallel between my family and Bryer's. In my family the worst fights that involved cops etc. tended to happen on the holidays too. I still kind of hate Christmas to this day and don't really celebrate my birthday. Do all of these dysfunctional families just read the same manual or what?
Me too. Holidays together were hell, holidays not together were hell.

Could my suggestion still apply tho? They didn’t know he would have a heart attack. They could have followed through with other methods to ensure he had died too.

What you're describing is manslaughter.

A homicide committed without intent, although there may have been an intention to cause harm. There are two broad categories of manslaughter:

Unlawful act — when a person commits a crime that unintentionally results in the death of another person. For example, someone who fires their gun carelessly in public and unintentionally kills a bystander.

Criminal negligence — when the homicide was the result of an act or a failure to act that showed wanton or reckless disregard for the lives of others.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/what...-2nd-degree-murder-and-manslaughter-1.5068520

Every day on the news I hear, "man stabbed to death", "woman shot to death", "teen gunned down in daylight shooting", "woman beaten to death with bat", etc etc etc
I agree there are a lot of murder headlines like that but it doesn't seem to be the case in these murders hmmm

But the autopsy was performed in Winnipeg even though RCMP forensics lab is in Vancouver. Would that make a difference?

That's what I wonder. The murders and those autopsies took place in B.C.. I don't think a coroner in Manitoba answers to a coroner in B.C. Different provinces, different rules.

Yes, they will be turned over to the RCMP but the Coroner has final say in releasing info to the public.

Application of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
64 Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act,

(a)if no inquest is held, a coroner may refuse to disclose any information collected in the course of an investigation until the investigation is completed,

(b)if an inquest is held, a coroner may refuse to disclose any information collected in the course of an investigation or inquest until the inquest is completed, and

An inquest won’t be held because the autopsy has been completed IMO. Your reference refers to a death to which the police aren’t currently investigating and an autopsy is by the request of the family. Information is never disclosed during a criminal investigation. The coroners office’s investigation into cause and manner of death is supported by the police investigation. The autopsy then becomes evidence which supports the police file.

A disciplinarian who buys videos games in an effort to make him behave??

It is true that her anonymous coworker stated that. We know very little about his mom though, or her parenting, so I think this is all just speculation at this point.

I'm not ruling that out. I think there's kind of like a narrative that Bryer probably pulled the trigger because of his previous disturbing and unstable behavior. However there is currently no evidence to indicate which one of them did it, or if it was both of them involved. Either way, as far as the legal system is concerned, and in how they acted with staying together and not turning on each other, it was basically equivalent to if both of them did it. They made it very, very clear that they were in this together, and that neither of them would betray each other even to save their own life.

Personally speaking, if it was my son - I'd probably have a nervous breakdown or wish I was dead right now. I really really believe AS is hugely broken man, and for many reasons he can't be faulted. He's not crying fake tears. Never mind the history but to have to acknowledge world wide "My son is the most hated man in Canada" - is the most heartbreaking words I've ever heard from a parent of a child who is a murder suspect and now dead.

I do feel terrible for Bryer's dad. I have also said that I am very concerned about him and the possibility he might kill himself, overdose, or something. However if he was charged all these times with criminal harassment over the course of a decade, it was probably with good reason. It even sounds like there were possibly multiple targets of the harassment. We also know he has significant mental health issues which likely contributed to his criminal charges. I don't think that he is a bad person, but he simply didn't have the capacity to be a good parent or role model due to his mental health issues. And I totally believe Bryer's threats to kill people and himself came from seeing that behavior during his formative years. JMO. However I don't think he was the only factor in Bryer becoming a killer -- he was just one of many, many factors.

It’s excerpted in the most short and damning way possible. And online comments on news articles are seldom hotbeds of nuance and empathy.
Especially when it's the Daily Mail, whose reputation for sensationalism is well-earned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms