Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are US statistics, in Canada:
  • 24% of offenders entering federal custody (2 years' imprisonment or more) report having been under the influence of alcohol when they committed the crime
Alcohol Abuse Facts - Teen Challenge Canada

The 40% figure was for "inmates who are incarcerated for violent offenses." The 24% is for 2 years imprisonment or more. So those are different cohorts.

Mr. Dyck's body was not found in Kam's burning truck.

"Their disappearance was first noted when the truck they'd been driving was found burning on the side of Highway 37. As Mounties searched the area, they uncovered the UBC lecturer's body two kilometres away."

UBC botany lecturer: What we know about the man found near teen murder suspects' truck

Would it be possible that My Dyk was placed in the truck when it was set ablaze, and that he escaped despite being badly burned. and walked the distance to where he was found deceased?

Would it be possible that My Dyk was placed in the truck when it was set ablaze, and that he escaped despite being badly burned. and walked the distance to where he was found deceased?
A 2 km walk to where he would not be seen by casual passers-by? I'd think he'd stick by the road for help, and if he was mortally wounded, I doubt he'd be able to walk for half an hour.

I really think the DUI lawyer misspoke when he said he had been burned. The RCMP was able to make a very clear composite of Mr. Dyck's face and that suggests he was not.

Just an FYI, researchers are turning the spotlight to the pervasiveness of technology in children’s lives and how screen time and social media are changing the neurological, social, and emotional development of children and youth. At this time, the only solution seems to be limiting screen time. I wonder if that is enough, especially since screen time seems to be the modern babysitter. This effort also seems to be an afterthought to unleashing pandora's box.

What could that perfect circle in the forest be? A road leads to it, obviously man-made.
The perimeter is water, a ditch. Some sort of protection for the tower in the center? Doesn't seem like the ditch would prevent bears from messing with the tower -- maybe the road has a good strong gate and the ditch is to prevent vehicles from approaching other than through the gate? That doesn't seem right either, but there must be a good reason. Are there others of these circles at similar locations?

Seems odd that the RCMP would send out many public alerts asking the public to keep an out out for these two, only to release inaccurate information regarding their true physical appearance?
It did also seem odd that both these guys were apparently 6'4", weighing 169lbs....why 169lbs? JMO

They were probably 65 kg, which converts into 169 lbs. Drives me crazy when they do these specific conversions- for example they find something 5km from a spot and they say the item was found 3.72 miles from the spot>>>>
One of the many sets of complications we put up with in Canada because we converted to the metric system, but many people have not made the conversion!!

Here's a twisting thought: What if Bryer has not killed anyone in this thrill trip? What if Kam is the one who executed all the murders?
Having said that - MOO I feel that AS is broken - it began when he was denied seeing his only child back in 2005. The harassment charges as I understand were toward his ex's BF. So think about it - here is a dad who has a son and is banned for non-murderous reason from seeing his own flesh and blood. Meanwhile he is likely paying the ex child support through the whole time.
Then we learn the relationship between son and mother deteriorated, he can't go live with dad because he's not of 'age'. He stays with grandma - probably his only ever bit of stability - but grandma is older. Meanwhile he is now likely very restricted from seeing his father - who would likely love to have him but the court laws don't allow him custody. He gets to the age of 16 and pretty lost in his home upbringing, quit school around that time he goes to stay with dad for the first time in his life, only for 2 months. He returns to PA for a number of reasons: 1. His bff is there; 2. An Alternative Program has been worked out for him to complete his education;, 3. The absentee Mom must have him back in PA because she won't get the support payments from dad.
Skip to 2019 - AS's son graduates, he can finally build a relationship with his son because he's 18 and mom can't get any more child support payments and can't interfere in her son rebuilding relationship with dad. Dad sees some sunlight in his life. Not less than a month later, his son has slipped through the cracks of life and Dad never will get the chance to make up the years he was kept from his son. Then, a truck/camper burns. No doubt the RCMP tracks the vin to Kam Mcleod's parents. They tell them who Kam was also with and give the RCMP the current 'custodians' of Bryer - his mother and grandmother. The RCMP call them because they have the legal guardianship. That is why the RCMP likely didn't contact Alan Schmegelsky. HOWEVER, what happens? Neither the ex wife or the grandmother have the courtesy to let Bryer's dad know his son is missing - he learns in a newspaper. If the media knew how to track his dad down, sure as hell the ex wife or grandmother did too.

Personally speaking, if it was my son - I'd probably have a nervous breakdown or wish I was dead right now. I really really believe AS is hugely broken man, and for many reasons he can't be faulted. He's not crying fake tears. Never mind the history but to have to acknowledge world wide "My son is the most hated man in Canada" - is the most heartbreaking words I've ever heard from a parent of a child who is a murder suspect and now dead.

So it's Bryer's mother's fault that AS harassed her, (he harassed her as well as her partner), her and only a murderer should be denied seeing their child? I agree with you that AS is broken, but we don't know the circumstances that led up to their divorce OR the reason why he was denied access to Bryer in the first place. Judges don't just deny visitation for no reason. As far as his paying support goes, support is for the child and doesn't depend on whether or not the non -custodial parent has visitation rights.

AS was diagnosed as delusional by a forensic psychiatrist, of course he denies it. Everything wrong in his life is someone else's fault. He even went and wrote a book about his perceived victim status. Does anyone here really think this guy would be that easy to deal with? Would you want to deal with him personally in any matter of substance? I know I sure wouldn't.

I think he's a man in a lot of genuine pain and anguish right now, and he needs support to work through everything that's happened but I don't buy his "poor me" background story for a hot minute. BS's mother is likely troubled as well, and it's clear she had difficulties raising Bryer, but I don't believe that the blame for AS's issues lies with her, or that her parenting skills or lack of, are to blame for what her son is accused of.

A 2 km walk to where he would not be seen by casual passers-by? I'd think he'd stick by the road for help, and if he was mortally wounded, I doubt he'd be able to walk for half an hour.

I really think the DUI lawyer misspoke when he said he had been burned. The RCMP was able to make a very clear composite of Mr. Dyck's face and that suggests he was not.

Maybe he saw a car pulled over up the road and started out trying to get to it for help. Wasn't his body located at a pull off area? I'm not sure how many vehicles were passing by to be able to spot him. Just a possibility IMO.

All right, fellow sleuths, answer me this, do you think any "wrongful death"-type lawsuits are going to arise out of this? Five dead, five grieving families from three different countries suddenly faced with the worst news anyone could possibly imagine...I am not even sure a lawsuit is possible, what with no definite answers--yet--as to what exactly transpired.

Any experts in international law here?

All right, fellow sleuths, answer me this, do you think any "wrongful death"-type lawsuits are going to arise out of this? Five dead, five grieving families from three different countries suddenly faced with the worst news anyone could possibly imagine...I am not even sure a lawsuit is possible, what with no definite answers--yet--as to what exactly transpired.

Any experts in international law here?
These 18-19 year old kids have no assets, and the parents are not legally responsible for their actions. The victims could spend an awful amount of money on lawyers for nothing. It's like trying to get blood out of a stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member