Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nora Quoirin: Missing London teenager’s parents thank search teams in Malaysian jungle
e6a88cc0-bb59-11e9-be87-b728d806add9

Nora Quoirin, 15, went missing in Malaysia last Sunday (Picture: PA)

Body found in search is missing Nora
Nora Quoirin disappearance: Timeline

3 August: The Quoirins arrive at the Dusun forest eco-resort

4 August: Nora disappears from her room

5 August: The Lucie Blackman Trust says Malaysian police are treating Nora's disappearance as a potential abduction, but officers deny any foul play is involved

6 August: Nora's family say they believe she has been abducted

11 August: Malaysian police set up a hotline dedicated to receiving information about teenager

12 August: A reward of £10,000 - donated by an anonymous Belfast business - is made available for information leading to Nora's safe return

13 August: A body is found in the search for Nora

It was reported that she was found completely naked, in a place that was not accessible, apparently wedged between rocks in a ravine.

She could have wandered off and fallen in, but it seems unlikely considering her disabilities that she would climb through a window, walk over a mile through the jungle with bare feet, go for a swim in the river, and do some rock scrambling after finding the waterfall.

Her parents claim she was shy and a bit anxious. If she did go out the window, I just can't see her being so adventurous, carefree and independent.
If she had been lost I would think she would be scared and hiding, as the police thought. Imo

Well I think it's a big coincidence she was excited to see the waterfall and the downstairs window in the house is virtually like a door, quite low from the photos I've seen. Maybe where she was found was inaccessible because she fell? It's the main waterfall that tourists go to see, you must be able to access it somehow.
One report I read also says around the house is muddy and wet and there were no traces of mud found from anyone going into the house.

Last edited:
It seems like they were incredibly lucky to have a hunch that she had gone to look at the waterfall and that's exactly where they found her. Imo
They’ve probably had lots of ideas and have been searching all sorts of places over the last ten days. They got lucky on this particular day.

I don’t think we should read too much into the apparent luck.

This video shows a walk to a waterfall from the Dusun. It has subtitles. It says it is difficult to walk without slipping or spraining a leg. However this waterfall doesn't look like several tiers. Just a small one. Are there two waterfalls?

Amazing how the good people of Malaysia came together to help find Nora, excellent effort, plus a special shout out to the Shamans who, apparently "worked their magic"!!
Nora Quoirin: Family identify body found in Malaysia as missing teen
"The police chief said that while it remains a missing persons case, all possibilities were being looked into, including the "angle of a criminal investigation".

The body was flown by helicopter to a hospital where it was identified by Nora's parents, Meabh and Sebastien Quoirin, who were told about the discovery.

Mohamad Mat Yusop, Negeri Sembilan police chief said: "The post-mortem process will start tomorrow morning and we will apply so that a senior pathologist from Kuala Lumpur will be here to conduct the process tomorrow."

They’ve probably had lots of ideas and have been searching all sorts of places over the last ten days. They got lucky on this particular day.

I don’t think we should read too much into the apparent luck.

According to the Daily Mail, a hiking group had purposefully gone to the waterfall because they had been told Nora wanted to see it.

Am I allowed to post this?

This video shows Dusun and you can see several tiers of waterfall. It looks huge. Then it says' you can walk to a waterfall' and shows someone walking barefoot on a long tree trunk to cross a river or stream.

What a beautiful place this is.

There are some video's below this and vlog by someone who stayed there too.

It is a very beautiful place. :(

The body should still be in a reasonably well preserved state, despite decomposition process. It has only been nine days since her disappearance after all. The family should get most, if not all the answers they deserve and desire to know. They are lucky, given how hot, humid, rainy and how many foraging animals there are in the jungle its a miracle any of her has been found at all.

Am I allowed to post this?

This video shows Dusun and you can see several tiers of waterfall. It looks huge. Then it says' you can walk to a waterfall' and shows someone walking barefoot on a long tree trunk to cross a river or stream.

What a beautiful place this is.

There are some video's below this and vlog by someone who stayed there too.

If you watch the third video in the series it shows the trek to the waterfall. After watching that I have serious doubts that poor Nora got there under her own steam!

Yusop said a postmortem examination will take place tomorrow morning.

The officer who has been leading the hunt, Datuk Mazlan Mansor, earlier said Nora's body was found in a stream running through a ravine "and she was found completely naked”.

He said the area had already been searched but a group of volunteers helping with the hunt came across the body after being tipped off.

"The stream was about 1.2km deep in the ravine,” he said.

Malaysian publication The Star reported the search and rescue team received a call from a member of the public at around 1pm, and a team was sent to the area near a waterfall.

Nora's parents visited the site where the body was discovered, said a spokesman for the Lucie Blackman trust, a missing persons charity which is helping the couple.
Nora's body ID'd by devastated parents after being found in Malaysian jungle

BBM

Wonder what this means? Translation error or did they actually get a tip?

I tend to take a different view. If Nora was found naked I'd have to speculate that she has been led there, violated and killed at the site. Many might not want to hear that but it would not be wise to discount until the autopsy report has been released.

She may well have wondered into the jungle and got lost, panicked, gave up and died from thirst or hunger. She was barefoot and only had a nightie on by the sounds of it. Whatever happened, the girl must had been terrified.

In addition, given Malaysia's clear tourist vested interests, I would get a second autopsy done in UK or Ireland when she is flown home just to be sure of no cover up.

Completely agree. Although I do wonder if she was killed somewhere else and only moved to this site very recently.
I really hope there is no cover up.

Sumisha Naidu‏Verified account @sumishanaidu

Sumisha Naidu Retweeted ⚔️Viking ⚔️Warrior ⚔️

Just a note on this point: Nora was believed to have left the resort in her underwear, as that’s what she wore to bed - according to what was relayed to the police by her parents days ago. We do not know specifics yet but but police did say she wasn’t wearing anything when found.

Sumisha Naidu on Twitter

BBM

Wonder what this means? Translation error or did they actually get a tip?
He however said it was too soon to ascertain how many days the body was at the location where it was found.

He said the case is still classified as a missing persons for now.

He also confirmed a group of volunteers during the search and rescue came across the body after they were tipped off by an individual in the area.

Police did not divulge further on the man who is said to have tipped off the volunteer, saying he will call for another press conference soon.
Cops say ‘very certain’ body found unclothed in jungle is missing Irish teen (VIDEO) | Malay Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa