Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people keep bringing up this ridiculous idea that she must not have been abducted since there were no muddy foot prints inside. Seriously?!

Please go read up on Alesha Macphail if you want to wonder how a child disappears from a house without waking up the many adults inside or leaving muddy footprints. It happens. And for some reason abductors didn't all get the memo they needed to muddy up their feet before abducting people.
Someone could have easily slipped off their shoes and put them back on outside if it was muddy around the house. Imo

My strong hunch is that Nora was already dead before 8AM on Aug 6, but the delay in body discovery, and submersion in water, will prevent determining exact time.
Did they say her body was submerged in water? I thought I read she was in place not easy to access, between the rocks, near the water. Imo

I'm so sad for Nora's family but at least they found her as not finding her would have been agony. I think the shaman is key for two possible reasons:

1. The prayers genuinely worked and the rescuers were guided to her body. This has happened before where sets of strange coincidences converge in almost a miraculous way to lead to the discovery of the body of a missing person.

2. Someone had confessed to the shaman and the ceremony was conducted to give the opportunity for them to come forward without the shaman having to hand them over to the police. Or the ceremony itself for spiritual reasons led to guilt and the body was moved to a place where it could be discovered.

I'm still leaning to Nora being scared by the wildlife/insects in the house, panicking and falling over the balcony or going out the door and falling in the pool at sunrise and someone making a rash decision to move the body to protect the reputation of the resort.

She could have gone outside and wandered off in circles and got lost too but from how they describe how timid she is and how difficult the terrain this just sounds so unlikely.

My heart goes out to this little girl and I hope that whatever happened that it was fast and she had no time to be scared.

The Mirror is reporting it was the hikers who reported the body to police. Also says the parents have many questions on how she got there, whereas a UK ex- policeman consulted things she went there herself and was probably not abducted.

"
The family’s spokesman Matthew Searle, of the Lucie Blackman Trust, said last night that devastated parents Meabh, 45, and Sebastien, 47, have “a large amount of questions”. He said: “One of those questions is, has the body been there all the time or is there a criminal involvement? Was the body dumped there afterwards?”

Nora – who suffered from debilitating brain condition holoprosencephaly, which caused her difficulty walking, balancing and looking after herself – was found by a hiking group at the foot of the ravine next to a swamp and waterfall yesterday afternoon.

It is understood Nora had been wearing underwear when she went missing – but police said she was found “completely naked”.

Malaysia’s deputy police chief Mazlan Mansor confirmed a criminal investigation was still on-going alongside a missing persons inquiry.

He said he could not comment on whether someone else could have been involved in the tragedy or whether Nora had suffered any injuries.
......The search-and-rescue operations will not be called off until after the postmortem, said local police chief Mohamad Mat Yusof.

Shirley Yap, a member of the hiking group that found Nora’s body, had said before setting off that they planned to search for her around the waterfall in the Pantai Hills, about 40 miles south-east of capital Kuala Lumpur

She said: “We had heard she was excited about seeing a waterfall when she arrived in the resort.

“We are going to look around that area and follow the stream down the mountain.”

The group, led by Kenny Chan, trekked through “hilly and difficult” terrain not accessible to vehicles, around a an hour and 20 minutes’ walk from the resort.

They reported their discovery to the police’s search hotline at 1.57pm.

The area had already been covered by the extensive search for Nora, who went missing on August 3, just hours after arriving at the Dusun Rainforest Resort with her parents and siblings Innes, 12, and Maurice, eight.

Detectives believe she left the family’s luxury holiday cottage through its ground-floor aluminium-framed window, before her father raised the alarm over her disappearance at 8am the next day.
"
Rescuers 'may have missed' body of teen during first search of jungle area

"
The Lucie Blackman Trust, which has helped five Irish families search for their loved ones overseas, has been helping the family since Nora’s disappearance.

The charity’s CEO Matthew Searle said: “We know exactly what Nora was wearing the night before she disappeared.

"As far as we are aware she was only wearing her underwear so that would fit with what the police are saying about her being found without clothing.''

Police say female body found in search 'resembles' Nora and was 'unclothed'

Matthew Searle said the above, still not a complete confirmation of what she was wearing. But he and presumably, 'we' (the family) seem to think 'without clothing' means in her underwear.
Nora Quoirins family was reported as entering Dusun at 1.45 PM the date they arrived. At 8 AM the father reported her missing. The parents put her to bed in underwear. The hikers who found her report her NAKED - ie no clothing. The authorities had already searched this area with no sightings.

What needs to be remembered here is that the Malaysian police etc have been exemplary. They have been outstanding and excellent in their searches. It is very upsetting to me to see people say that Western governments would be better- they would not. I grew up in Malaysia and know they are awesome and will do everything necessary to find out what happened. This poor girl has obviously suffered and speculation is not helpful but there are leads online that perhaps the authorities are not aware of. They need to be highlighted with the relevant agencies incase there is a real issue at hand other than that we all need to be patient and let the authorities do their job and you can trust Malaysia. I would rather have them on my case than anyone else in the world. They know what they are doing and it wasn't about tourism but the girls safety. That is why they were angry with the media as they felt it comprised her safety. Not everyone is materialistic.

You know, something just doesn't sit well with me and I'm not sure what it is ... but I believe someone was with Nora if she walked to the waterfall. Something doesn't add up, and I admit the parents insistence she didn't walk off, and that a "crime" had been committed from the outset just don't sit easily with me.
The Dunsun website says they allow their local staff to bring their children to work at the weekends ... might Nora have met a younger child the day before and seen them again that morning? Might they have played and taken her further into their jungle playground?

Nora Quoirins family was reported as entering Dusun at 1.45 PM the date they arrived. At 8 AM the father reported her missing. The parents put her to bed in underwear. The hikers who found her report her NAKED - ie no clothing. The authorities had already searched this area with no sightings.

What needs to be remembered here is that the Malaysian police etc have been exemplary. They have been outstanding and excellent in their searches. It is very upsetting to me to see people say that Western governments would be better- they would not. I grew up in Malaysia and know they are awesome and will do everything necessary to find out what happened. This poor girl has obviously suffered and speculation is not helpful but there are leads online that perhaps the authorities are not aware of. They need to be highlighted with the relevant agencies incase there is a real issue at hand other than that we all need to be patient and let the authorities do their job and you can trust Malaysia. I would rather have them on my case than anyone else in the world. They know what they are doing and it wasn't about tourism but the girls safety. That is why they were angry with the media as they felt it comprised her safety. Not everyone is materialistic.

Welcome to Websleuths!!!

Do you have a MSM link for the arrival time? This is the first time I’ve seen this information reported.
Thanks

You know, something just doesn't sit well with me and I'm not sure what it is ... but I believe someone was with Nora if she walked to the waterfall. Something doesn't add up, and I admit the parents insistence she didn't walk off, and that a "crime" had been committed from the outset just don't sit easily with me.
The Dunsun website says they allow their local staff to bring their children to work at the weekends ... might Nora have met a younger child the day before and seen them again that morning? Might they have played and taken her further into their jungle playground?
I feel the same, something just doesn’t sit well with me either.

but there are leads online that perhaps the authorities are not aware of. They need to be highlighted with the relevant agencies incase there is a real issue at hand other than that we all need to be patient and let the authorities do their job and you can trust Malaysia.

If there are leads online, they should have been checking social media. US as U.K. have the ability to do this and to trace these post.

I personally have made my judgment of this investigation based on:

Police refusing to believe is could be an abduction
Refusing to answer reporters questions
Police and government know that his is a high profile international case. They have not provided an interpreter, only issued written statements that people can be put in jail for public speculation.
Refusing to acknowledge the handicap she has and the likelihood she did NOT walk away.

It maybe a good county. If they want to be respected then the police should have been more forth coming with the international press.

Jmo

Last edited:
I'm sitting on my hands until we get post mortem results, we'll have a much better idea which direction this is going in, hopefully!

I do think a lot is getting lost in translation and we must be wary of even what MSM are reporting. No point getting hung up on the details until more has been confirmed, imo.

Thoughts are with the family tonight. What a hideous week they've had, culminating in the worst case scenario news today.

The Mirror is reporting it was the hikers who reported the body to police. Also says the parents have many questions on how she got there, whereas a UK ex- policeman consulted things she went there herself and was probably not abducted.

"
The family’s spokesman Matthew Searle, of the Lucie Blackman Trust, said last night that devastated parents Meabh, 45, and Sebastien, 47, have “a large amount of questions”. He said: “One of those questions is, has the body been there all the time or is there a criminal involvement? Was the body dumped there afterwards?”

Nora – who suffered from debilitating brain condition holoprosencephaly, which caused her difficulty walking, balancing and looking after herself – was found by a hiking group at the foot of the ravine next to a swamp and waterfall yesterday afternoon.

It is understood Nora had been wearing underwear when she went missing – but police said she was found “completely naked”.

Malaysia’s deputy police chief Mazlan Mansor confirmed a criminal investigation was still on-going alongside a missing persons inquiry.

He said he could not comment on whether someone else could have been involved in the tragedy or whether Nora had suffered any injuries.
......The search-and-rescue operations will not be called off until after the postmortem, said local police chief Mohamad Mat Yusof.

Shirley Yap, a member of the hiking group that found Nora’s body, had said before setting off that they planned to search for her around the waterfall in the Pantai Hills, about 40 miles south-east of capital Kuala Lumpur

She said: “We had heard she was excited about seeing a waterfall when she arrived in the resort.

“We are going to look around that area and follow the stream down the mountain.”

The group, led by Kenny Chan, trekked through “hilly and difficult” terrain not accessible to vehicles, around a an hour and 20 minutes’ walk from the resort.

They reported their discovery to the police’s search hotline at 1.57pm.

The area had already been covered by the extensive search for Nora, who went missing on August 3, just hours after arriving at the Dusun Rainforest Resort with her parents and siblings Innes, 12, and Maurice, eight.

Detectives believe she left the family’s luxury holiday cottage through its ground-floor aluminium-framed window, before her father raised the alarm over her disappearance at 8am the next day.
"
Rescuers 'may have missed' body of teen during first search of jungle area
How could this hiking group find her 1 hour 20 mins walk from the resort, when in fact she was found 1.2 miles away from resort which would take 20-23mins?

Agree with you that they have been excellent in all that has been done to find Nora. What leads online do you mean?

I feel the same, something just doesn’t sit well with me either.
There are so many things that could have been put into the public domain.
Why not say exactly what Nora was wearing, Where her brother and sister were..were they still in bed asleep? Some detail about their activities on Saturday.
The secrecy only leads to speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member