Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Ellmau, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellmau

Ellmau Well-Known Member

Girl, 15, vanishes on Malaysian holiday

ACTIVE SEARCH - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Thread #2 - Found Deceased - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2019
  2. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

MOD NOTE:

WHILE TRIPADVISOR MAY BE HELPFUL TO YOU AS BACKGROUND INFO, POSTING COMMENTS AND PICTURES FROM TRIPADVISOR REVIEWS IS NOT PERMITTED AS WE HAVE NO WAY TO VERIFY THEIR AUTHENTICITY.

INSTEAD, YOU MAY SAY: “INTERESTING REVIEW/PICTURES BY CGF ON TRIPADVISOR”, BUT YOU MAY NOT LINK OR DISCUSS ANY OF THE CONTENT ON THE FORUM UNLESS IT IS IN MSM. TRIPADVISOR IS NOT CONSIDERED MSM. MANY POSTS CONTAINING LINKS AND INFO FROM TRIPADVISOR REVIEWS HAVE BEEN/WILL BE REMOVED.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING RESPECTFULLY AND RESPONSIBLY.

CocoChanel

3. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

13 August 2019:

Cops: Family confirmed body found is missing Irish teen Nora Quoirin (VIDEO)

SEREMBAN, Aug 13 — The family of missing Irish teenager Nora Anne Quoirin has confirmed today that the body of a female found earlier today in the jungle area near The Dusun resort was of their daughter.

Negri Sembilan police chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusof announced this after her parents Sebastian and Meabh went in to identify the body at Tuanku Jaafar Hospital here at 7pm.

“A post mortem will be done tomorrow morning. A senior pathologist from Kuala Lumpur will come to conduct the autopsy at 10am.

“We will inform the post mortem result tomorrow. Based on that we will decide if we need to investigate further... if we are not satisfied,” he added.

Cops: Family confirmed body found is missing Irish teen Nora Quoirin (VIDEO) | Malay Mail

4. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

MSM article:

A group of volunteers who were part of the search and rescue team found the body after being tipped off by a member of the public, Malaysia’s deputy national police chief Mazlan Mansor said.

As news emerged of the find, police vehicles raced to the area and cordoned it off as journalists descended on the scene.

The body was found in the official search zone where Mazlan said the team had previously covered.

Body believed to be Franco-Irish teen found in Malaysia jungle | The Japan Times

Al Ka, TatianaBarbie, Amonet and 14 others like this.
  5. Davia18

Davia18 Verified Human

So her body was in a ravine in water. Perhaps they just missed her during the early days of the searches. Perhaps she was submerged down in the ravine and that's why missed prior.
    If her body was wedged there and come from a different location then I could understand not having clothes on.
    Does anyone know the temperature of the water ?

Oraclle, LemonMint, Amonet and 14 others like this.
  6. Njust1

Njust1 Well-Known Member

it is normally cooler than the air temperature. So probably around 25 to 28 degrees celcius?

Amonet, Kaykedi, dotr and 4 others like this.
  7. Armchair_Defective

Armchair_Defective Well-Known Member

With no sign of anyone getting in the house? No mud in the house no footprints? I'm still sceptical of that. At least until more solid details are released about her death/ how she was found.

Oraclle, Amonet, Kaykedi and 10 others like this.
  8. Jealoushe

Jealoushe Well-Known Member

The waterfall would also be useful for someone wanting to clean themselves after a crime. Just saying.

9. Tinkerbell1986

Tinkerbell1986 Member

Unfortunately, I think you’re right, this is all my exact thoughts too.

Kaykedi, neesaki, MsBetsy and 5 others like this.
  10. Hjp

Hjp Well-Known Member

The Malaysian peninsula is well within the stable tropical zone. Lying only 5 degrees north of the equator.

Day temps tend to range between 28-33C all year round falling to the mid 20's overnight.

My guess given the stable climate is that the water temperature is probably around 27 or 28C.

Amonet, Kaykedi, Davia18 and 4 others like this.
  11. beatrixpotter

beatrixpotter Well-Known Member

I highly doubt the search parameters were based on how far the parents thought their child could wander. I'm sure they were more professional than that in searching for Nora.

Amonet, Kaykedi, DaphneWoo and 3 others like this.
  12. Coach

Coach Well-Known Member

I read something in one of the posts about someone overhearing SQ saying or shouting that a crime had been committed. Is there an official quote and when did he apparently say this?

Kaykedi and dotr like this.
  13. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

It's difficult for me not to be suspicious at this point.

We'll see what the autopsy indicates.

JMVHO.

14. Jealoushe

Jealoushe Well-Known Member

Does the culture there value white women, I know some Asian cultures see them as a "prize".

Kaykedi, dotr and Hjp like this.
  15. therion20

therion20 Well-Known Member

This is creating confusion, they search there because they were tipped off, not because they heard that she was excited about the waterfall and wanted to look there.

Looloo, Kaykedi, AnnaGrace and 5 others like this.
  16. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Kaykedi, dotr and Noseyjosie like this.
  17. JosieJo

JosieJo Well-Known Member

I realise there are various possibilities here but personally I will be very suprised if she wandered off alone

18. therion20

therion20 Well-Known Member

My understanding is that he said that after being told by the manager of the resort that he has to go to the police station to report his daughter missing. They will not come here you will have to go there. JMO

Privacy settings

19. Njust1

Njust1 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. I believe she could be considered exotic but certainly no higher value is placed on her as any other woman simply because she is white, per se. Some people may be curious but I don’t think a perpetrator of anything sinister would choose her simply because of her colour.

Amonet, Kaykedi, Lyall0814 and 4 others like this.
  20. Tinkerbell1986

Tinkerbell1986 Member

Far fetched, but could she have been confused and left the room by herself looking for her parents...meanwhile someone was passing and stumbled upon a young vulnerable girl in her underwear. Maybe after talking to her realising her disabilities and saw her as an easy target. Seems one in a billion chance that someone so sinister would pass at that precise time though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.