CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t get behind BT getting lost. I know it’s not impossible but I keep going back to @sroad and his/her report that the path was quite obvious. From the pictures I’ve seen, that is my impression as well.

Wish I lived in that area.
I'd like to 'walk the path' with maybe my car in the exact spot the fifth wheel was , and start from where RT was taking photos of the rock formation.
And try to retrace her steps.
Taking notice of any side paths that looked tempting-- or at the very least how hard it would be to get lost.
Or what the road is like from where she might have been abducted ?

I'd assume by now that since RT was taking photos of the rocks... he has shown these photos to LE ?

Wish I lived in that area.
I'd like to 'walk the path' with maybe my car in the exact spot the fifth wheel was , and start from where RT was taking photos of the rock formation.
And try to retrace her steps.
Taking notice of any side paths that looked tempting-- or at the very least how hard it would be to get lost.
Or what the road is like from where she might have been abducted ?

I'd assume by now that since RT was taking photos of the rocks... he has shown these photos to LE ?
I might Google walk that path, but no way I am going out there in August in 100 degree heat.

Showing the photos to LE would make far more sense than showing them love notes in terms of the investigation. IMHO.

I went through a phase years ago where a black sport bra was my shirt of choice. If I had went missing no doubt the report would have read "black sport bra daisy may cutoffs".

While I'd love to know when that picture of Barbara was taken, it could very well be her hiking/outdoors uniform.

Perhaps someone who as been to this actual spot can be more authoritative but I have been to what I think are similar locations and my quick answer would be that there are crevices like the one in this story.

My point is that many have said its impossible she just vanished so quickly without any evidence and that this lack of any sign of her is evidence she was never there: but its really not.

She gets lost, she back tracks, she climbs up on some rocks to get a better view to find her car and she falls just perfectly into a crevice. No hat, no beer, no nothing. An archaeologist will find her in 1000 yrs.

Respectfully SABBM for focus.
That was my thought originally, however I think poster @sroad said that the land is quite flat, and the large RV should have been visible if someone were lost.

In this case, why climb up onto rocks and possibly fall into a crevice? I am not arguing, just trying to imagine it.

I just can’t get behind BT getting lost. I know it’s not impossible but I keep going back to @sroad and his/her report that the path was quite obvious. From the pictures I’ve seen, that is my impression as well.
The scenario that has been suggested is that they parted company at the dry creek bed.
She follows the path away from the rocks, then instead of turning left where the paths cross, which would take her straight back to the place where the RV is parked, she carries straight on. That trail will still lead to the road, but a lot further away.

Respectfully SABBM for focus.
That was my thought originally, however I think poster @sroad said that the land is quite flat, and the large RV should have been visible if someone were lost.

In this case, why climb up onto rocks and possibly fall into a crevice? I am not arguing, just trying to imagine it.
Not directed at you, PajamaSleuth - just jumping off your post.

She was on the path to the RV. The path was clearly visible. The RV was clearly visible. Why would she leave the path when RT said she wanted to get to the RV? That makes no sense. MOO :confused:

Good catch. ^^^
So , the photo of her may have been taken two years earlier ?
Timestamps can be changed.
LE would know if this particular photo was altered.

So wouldn't the date be 2017-07-07 or earlier?

For example, if the pic was taken a month earlier (In June rather than July) but not transferred to the computer until 7th July 2017, would the date show the date it was copied/edited rather than taken?

Too bad there was no Location on the exif data. It may have shown the area they usually went to.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, it's hard to keep up.

So wouldn't the date be 2017-07-07 or earlier?

For example, if the pic was taken a month earlier (In June rather than July) but not transferred to the computer until 7th July 2017, would the date show the date it was copied/edited rather than taken?

Too bad there was no Location on the exif data. It may have shown the area they usually went to.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, it's hard to keep up.

Several others have responded to this earlier in the thread. Here are some of the posts:

CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

I keep thinking to myself nobody would have known what Barbara had in the travel cup of RT wouldn't have said it was beer.
The little things that I'm stuck on e.g. The bikini, beer, key under the rock seem like not much on their own but when you put them altogether in his first public statement they seem strange to me.
Like why would he think she might have gone to a cave to get out of the sun when according to RT she knew the key was under the rock and could have gone inside the truck or RV and cooled off there.
We can only go off what RT himself has said and to me it doesn't make sense.

I keep thinking to myself nobody would have known what Barbara had in the travel cup of RT wouldn't have said it was beer.
The little things that I'm stuck on e.g. The bikini, beer, key under the rock seem like not much on their own but when you put them altogether in his first public statement they seem strange to me.
Like why would he think she might have gone to a cave to get out of the sun when according to RT she knew the key was under the rock and could have gone inside the truck or RV and cooled off there.
We can only go off what RT himself has said and to me it doesn't make sense.
And there were chairs set up in the shade of the camper, per dbdb11. MOO

In the 5-10 minutes he was busy taking a pic of rocks so couldn't accompany his wife back to the camper, she could have fallen headfirst down a crevice, got abducted by a stranger that happened to be passing exactly in that timeframe, or taken a wrong path to where no-one would ever find her.

That's a lot of activity for an isolated area of the desert.

And there were chairs set up in the shade of the camper, per dbdb11. MOO

Guess I missed that detail, interesting. I guess I assumed that stop was just to look at the rock formation and they were going to be heading out to their "real" destination. If that were the case, why would you go to the effort to put out the shade and chairs? My hubby would never do that if we weren't staying in the area, he would think someone coming by on the road would steal our chairs. Odd ...

Guess I missed that detail, interesting. I guess I assumed that stop was just to look at the rock formation and they were going to be heading out to their "real" destination. If that were the case, why would you go to the effort to put out the shade and chairs? My hubby would never do that if we weren't staying in the area, he would think someone coming by on the road would steal our chairs. Odd ...
It's here: :)
They had chairs set up in the shade of the camper, I assume an awning. That is where Robbie expected to see her when he returned.

So, I imagine the intended destination was some kind of camping/RV parking spot. They decided to stop alongside the road and go for a short, 2-mile hike. he intended destination was some kind of camping spot. Otherwise, they woudn't have brought the camper.

The above and the herbal life connection are neither speculation nor rumour.

In the 5-10 minutes he was busy taking a pic of rocks so couldn't accompany his wife back to the camper, she could have fallen headfirst down a crevice, got abducted by a stranger that happened to be passing exactly in that timeframe, or taken a wrong path to where no-one would ever find her.

That's a lot of activity for an isolated area of the desert.
There are no crevices between where she was on the trail and the RV. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member