Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that he was such a nerd for botany. The pic of him with the seaweed is great. Most people would be like ew seaweed. But he was probably super excited to see it and share his knowledge.

Man, I don’t even know the guy and I’m super sad at what happened to him. I can’t imagine what his family is going thru. :(

Can't help but wonder if now that all five suspects and victims in this case are confirmed deceased, if the feet and shoes of missing people going back a few decades on the BC coastal beaches will come to an end? Would certainly be eye opening if it did.

Interesting map published by gov of British Columbia: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/UHRFootMap2019_01.jpg

After pouring through dozens of articles and doing a weeks worth of research (seriously I learned so much about Northern Canada in last 7 days and I live in Wisconsin.) I still cannot accept that those two boys killed Deese and Fowler and left the van intact. I'm still very suspicious about that composite sketch of the man seen arguing with the couple driving (as I recall) a blue late model Jeep Cherokee with a black strip on the hood and the striking physical likeness to Derek Whisenand from Texas. Especially that photo released by Pembina PD on July 4th. (I will attach a link which includes a security camera photo of him dated 6-24-19, note his hat and he also dyed his beard hair.) (Apologies if that has already been shared.)

Eastland County murder suspect on the run in Canada

My coworker and I suspect Whisenand argued with the couple after offering help, probably also offered to give Chynna a ride somewhere to call someone and it sparked a dispute. He looks exactly like the kind of guy who would get pushy and aggressive with an attractive girl. We then think Whisenand left and then returned to the couple later that night in the darkness, approached the van, either shot out the back window or the noise of his vehicle rolling up behind the van alerted Lucas Fowler who stepped out to see who it was, they began arguing again, Whisenand shoots the back window and then shoots Fowler. Chynna, meanwhile is putting her shoes on to come assist Lucas, hears the gun shots/takes cover from the broken back window, attempts to make a run for it with one shoe on and is ambushed the moment she flees out the side of the van. Based on what I read about their injuries it appears Lucas may have crawled to her body on the side of the van where they were found early the next morning. I'm basing this off that image that appeared on Twitter where the back window is blasted out and the bodies of Fowler and Deese (blurred out) are lying in the grass on the side of the van in the very early morning hours of July 15th taken by the construction worker who found them. It's such a beautifully haunting photo, I'm getting chills just writing about it.

Meanwhile we think Kam and Bryer were parked, camping over by Dease Lake. Something happened the night of July 18th where they encountered Leonard Dyck, there must have been some kind of prior exchange or alternatively after having spent days in the area, the boys were growing bored and thought it might be fun to rob someone. I believe things unintentionally went ary and they ended up killing Leonard Dyck in the process. Honestly, looking at Kam and Bryer, they don't look capable enough to rob/kill anyone except perhaps an elderly person. Whom was very likely pulled over resting when they sprung on him. I think with the coincidental murder of Fowler and Dease several hundred miles away, the RCMP labeled them as suspects and the media has effectively and possibly successfully pinned the murders of Lucas Fowler and Chynna Dease on Kam and Bryer. I also have to wonder if they heard about the couple being murdered on the radio or a television at a gas station and thought they could rob someone for fun in the area and get away with it. One problem though, they didn't anticipate actually killing their target.

Can't help but wonder if now that all five suspects and victims in this case are confirmed deceased, if the feet and shoes of missing people going back a few decades on the BC coastal beaches will come to an end? Would certainly be eye opening if it did.

Interesting map published by gov of British Columbia: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/UHRFootMap2019_01.jpg

do you mean that perhaps, Bry , and Kam as little toddlers, were scouring the beaches of BC for lone bathers, and removing their feet, ( was it only the left foot? ) and burying the rest of the corpse.. gosh.. .. how clever is that? ..

or.. wait.. did you mean that Proff Dyck was, because of the sea weed connection, was.. uh..

The third murder seems to be a direct result of the suspects needing a car. It looks like they stole ID and eliminated witnesses to buy time.

What we don't know is what they wanted from the tourists, where they also stole ID and eliminated witnesses. That's the piece that doesn't make sense, unless the suspects assumed that the van was abandoned and were in the process of breaking in when they were caught - so they decided to eliminate the witnesses.

They had a crowbar, and I can imagine one smashing through the back window and hooking the glass out back towards them as they stood to the side. Lucas dashed out side to confront the burglar, Chynna followed, fearing for Lucas...but then for them to be shot, Bryer and/or Kam would have had to be already armed, and not running back to the truck to grab a gun. Because Lucas and Chynna were found so close to the van it's clear they didn't have a chance to run and Bryer and Kam would have to have approached already armed.

do you mean that perhaps, Bry , and Kam as little toddlers, were scouring the beaches of BC for lone bathers, and removing their feet, ( was it only the left foot? ) and burying the rest of the corpse.. gosh.. .. how clever is that? ..

or.. wait.. did you mean that Proff Dyck was, because of the sea weed connection, was.. uh..

Well, since "it never gets weird enough for you", let your imagination run wild, and try put some pieces of the puzzle together in all those "weird" ways.

Please just no, don't bring that here... Nothing sinister going on and certainly not related to this thread. Try researching each of the finds individually and you will see most have their own independent resolution. And if you want to talk about them there is a thread here: WA - WA/Canada - Human feet washing ashore

Quoting you on this :cool: Lol. I never heard it was a common path or roadway. Here's where I heard the muddy field thing:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudb...n-unknowingly-helps-murder-suspects-1.5229940

"On Sunday, July 21, Tommy Ste-Croix of Cold Lake was visiting his brother in the northeastern Alberta city around 9:30 a.m. MT when his brother's wife mentioned she saw a vehicle stuck in a muddy field on a nearby property, half an hour after first noticing it."

Not that it really matters, but that was one of the first parts of the story that I found strange.(And then every other part of the story). Why would they be out in a field? Maybe the guy later said something about it being a common path away from a campground but I just haven't heard that.

There is a picture online of the tire tracks in a muddy spot, after people realized what happened someone went back and took a picture of the spot where they were stuck. I can't find the article with the pic but will keep looking; I've seen it.

The tire tracks they made are filled in with water in the photo and you can see that the driver sprayed mud all over trying to get out. Its nothing more than a dirt "road" running along a hurricane fence. There is a field on the other side of the hurricane fence, but they weren't in it; they were just following the fence on the other side.

It may be that their maps showed it as a "road", and they decided to take it since it was kind of out of sight in a populated area. LE said they did not turn their phones on after about two days. They could have had prepaid phones and google maps showed it as a road; that has happened to me.

Well, since "it never gets weird enough for you", let your imagination run wild, and try put some pieces of the puzzle together in all those "weird" ways.

well. your theory is really too way out, even for me. Which is some call.

However, I do appreciate that reminder of what has to be one of really the strangest crimes going on anywhere at the moment. And , as you say, decades of it. It is hard to believe that there would be so many non left footed people walking around British Columbia alive tell the tale, so the mystery remains.. unless your theory has legs.. ( no pun intended ) .

After pouring through dozens of articles and doing a weeks worth of research (seriously I learned so much about Northern Canada in last 7 days and I live in Wisconsin.) I still cannot accept that those two boys killed Deese and Fowler and left the van intact. I'm still very suspicious about that composite sketch of the man seen arguing with the couple driving (as I recall) a blue late model Jeep Cherokee with a black strip on the hood and the striking physical likeness to Derek Whisenand from Texas. Especially that photo released by Pembina PD on July 4th. (I will attach a link which includes a security camera photo of him dated 6-24-19, note his hat and he also dyed his beard hair.) (Apologies if that has already been shared.)

Eastland County murder suspect on the run in Canada

My coworker and I suspect Whisenand argued with the couple after offering help, probably also offered to give Chynna a ride somewhere to call someone and it sparked a dispute. He looks exactly like the kind of guy who would get pushy and aggressive with an attractive girl. We then think Whisenand left and then returned to the couple later that night in the darkness, approached the van, either shot out the back window or the noise of his vehicle rolling up behind the van alerted Lucas Fowler who stepped out to see who it was, they began arguing again, Whisenand shoots the back window and then shoots Fowler. Chynna, meanwhile is putting her shoes on to come assist Lucas, hears the gun shots/takes cover from the broken back window, attempts to make a run for it with one shoe on and is ambushed the moment she flees out the side of the van. Based on what I read about their injuries it appears Lucas may have crawled to her body on the side of the van where they were found early the next morning. I'm basing this off that image that appeared on Twitter where the back window is blasted out and the bodies of Fowler and Deese (blurred out) are lying in the grass on the side of the van in the very early morning hours of July 15th taken by the construction worker who found them. It's such a beautifully haunting photo, I'm getting chills just writing about it.

Meanwhile we think Kam and Bryer were parked, camping over by Dease Lake. Something happened the night of July 18th where they encountered Leonard Dyck, there must have been some kind of prior exchange or alternatively after having spent days in the area, the boys were growing bored and thought it might be fun to rob someone. I believe things unintentionally went ary and they ended up killing Leonard Dyck in the process. Honestly, looking at Kam and Bryer, they don't look capable enough to rob/kill anyone except perhaps an elderly person. Whom was very likely pulled over resting when they sprung on him. I think with the coincidental murder of Fowler and Dease several hundred miles away, the RCMP labeled them as suspects and the media has effectively and possibly successfully pinned the murders of Lucas Fowler and Chynna Dease on Kam and Bryer. I also have to wonder if they heard about the couple being murdered on the radio or a television at a gas station and thought they could rob someone for fun in the area and get away with it. One problem though, they didn't anticipate actually killing their target.

Staff Sgt. Janelle Shoihet from the RCMP in B.C. weighed in.

“We had, in advance of naming Schmegelsky and McLeod as suspects in the homicides in northern BC, received numerous tips from the public in relation to Derek Whisenand’s possible presence in Canada and a probable link to the homicides,” she said.

“The RCMP does not consider Whisenand a suspect.”

https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...e-conspiracy-theories-about-the-b-c-fugitives

They were looking for people in isolated situations. Chynna and Lucas fit the bill. They were alone on the side of the highway in the middle of the night. Leonard Dyck was in the same situation, but it was 7PM instead of 11:30PM.

This is what makes their motive very different than school, church or other shooters who commit murders in a public venue. They told their parents a plausible reason for their departure to receive their support and not arouse suspicion. They chose victims who wouldn’t have a clue two gangly, clean cut teenagers posed a very serious threat and then they fled like cowards across the country to avoid arrest. Something in that sneaky, conniving type of behaviour will be of interest to the RCMP’s behaviour analysts I think because therein lies a clue....but of what I don’t know.

This is what makes their motive very different than school, church or other shooters who commit murders in a public venue. They told their parents a plausible reason for their departure to receive their support and not arouse suspicion. They chose victims who wouldn’t have a clue two gangly, clean cut teenagers posed a very serious threat and then they fled like cowards across the country to avoid arrest. Something in that sneaky, conniving type of behaviour will be of interest to the RCMP’s behaviour analysts I think because therein lies a clue....but of what I don’t know.
Agreed! There's a weird stew of mostly furtive but occasionally brazen (the car fires) with these two that is hard to unpack.

DBM - duplicate
Unfortunately, I don't remember the source; it was weeks ago. But specific reference was made to the fact that they hadn't turned their phones on or checked their emails after they stopped communicating with family members. LE said this was the reason they couldn't track them via pings from their phones.

Now, weeks later, I sometimes wish I'd bookmarked articles I'd read. But at the time I never thought I'd need to refer back to them.

He liked to think really deeply about some, what I would consider to be, some rather esoteric biological questions,” Robert deWreede, a professor emeritus of botany at, tells the CBC"

He held his cards close to his chest..."

Plant Biologist Killed on Solo Camping Trip in British Columbia

Interesting choice of words for a memoriam, in my most humble, and infinitely curious, opinion.

When you're trying to read a book and all the text on the page looks like Chinese, turn the book around...you may have actually been looking at the book upside down all along, and actually was in English.

They obviously didn't want other people to see them killing.. murdering, in what probably was a very messy event, full of screaming and shouting, .. but they did want to see each other kill and murder. That seems to have been important in their over all vision.

What it means, I don't know, but it is significant, and not a common performance, generally speaking..

Or, alternatively, one did the killing, one did the watching. And perhaps those role playing moments were reversed for Prof Dyck's murder. They were, it seemed, into 'display' mode, unless one went and hid and didn't watch. That seems a hardly likely scenario, though.

You can assume that RCMP has collected video evidence which will show that camper was always attached properly to their truck when they were driving through Fort Nelson, Watson Lake, Dease lake, etc.

The roof was protected by the camper. No tree fell on the roof, and there was no accident. They drove truck with camper to the Stikine River area, and set a huge fire. The roof damage occurred in the fire.

Motive is difficult to determine. For example what is the motive of people who will not accept that car roof can get dented in a fire.

You seem quite confident. However the OP who said that the roof damage was not likely from the fire was a firefighter with 20 yrs experience and matching experience as an auto mechanic. I find his information credible.

For comparison, here's a Dodge Ram, 1500 that was burnt out.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kaml...fter-burned-truck-found-on-property-1.3733799

truck-left-at-ian-campbell-s-property.jpg

and below is the suspects' burnt out Dodge Ram.
B.C. teens charged with 2nd-degree murder as Canada-wide manhunt continues

truck-e1563979959591.jpg

If there was a sexual assault this whole case could be explained. I hate to say it this way, but it would make sense.
This is nothing at all but speculation on my part, but I highly doubt that CD was sexually assaulted. This is in no way making a statement about BS or KM's possible sexuality, but I have a hunch that, if either was interested in females, they may have been subjected to rejection and perhaps even ridicule, especially BS, and it could have led to developing insecurities to the point of being so uncomfortable around girls that they avoided them, and grew to resent them. I think Chynna was probably viciously shot, probably in the face, early in the events that transpired, and apparently was dragged, or left lying by the side of the road, fully clothed, according to those who saw the crime scene photos. ( I admit that I have not seen them, nor do I have any desire to). I just can't fathom that she would have been found, fully dressed, if she had been sexually assaulted.JMO

Last edited:
He liked to think really deeply about some, what I would consider to be, some rather esoteric biological questions,” Robert deWreede, a professor emeritus of botany at, tells the CBC"

He held his cards close to his chest..."

Plant Biologist Killed on Solo Camping Trip in British Columbia

Interesting choice of words for a memoriam, in my most humble, and infinitely curious, opinion.

When you're trying to read a book and all the text on the page looks like Chinese, turn the book around...you may have actually been looking at the book upside down all along, and actually was in English.

All along, it may turn out they were just an ordinary pair of murdering little creeps with the usual chip on the shoulder, someone took their LEGO in kindergarten , someone threw a glass of chocolate milk at them in third grade, the usual stuff. The ordinary stuff, stuff that happens all over the world, in every kindy, in every classroom, in every home, and they were just ordinary creeps.

Ordinary murdering little creeps with far too much time on their hands, and very little in between the ears to cope with such a overwhelming plethora of spare time, unhampered by work, or chores or learning, or even, god forfend, helping a neighbor, building a boat, ..

In Mandarin that would take about 4 lines to state.

You seem quite confident. However the OP who said that the roof damage was not likely from the fire was a firefighter with 20 yrs experience. I find his information credible.

For comparison, here's a Dodge Ram, 1500 that was burnt out.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kaml...fter-burned-truck-found-on-property-1.3733799

truck-left-at-ian-campbell-s-property.jpg

and below is the suspects' burnt out Dodge Ram.
B.C. teens charged with 2nd-degree murder as Canada-wide manhunt continues

truck-e1563979959591.jpg

The pickup belonging to KM went off the road hard. The frame is bent (not too dissimilar to the way the boat found was bent). That upward force on the front of the frame buckled the roof. It is very possible this vehicle caught fire from the impact and was not intentionally burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa