Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that they left nothing, no word behind?
Did they make sure their phones would never be found or did they just play the game for their benefit alone?

Unless some sort of manifesto turns up, one can assume it was for their benefit. It meant something of , well.. as it turns out, of life and death importance. They died for 'it' . Whatever 'it' was, to them. They didnt want to live with 'it' , either. The burden of 'it' appears to have been too heavy for both of them to cart around , eventually. Apparently. It would take another determined killer to figure that out, and that's dicey, too. Since people are people, unique and individual.

There is a truism, people do things because they enjoy it. Now.. yes, people do terrible things, to themselves, cutting, burning etc, but the bottom line is, it provokes a certain joy. Not as I see joy, and probably not as you see it, but joy, exhilaration, none the less.

So it has to be assumed that these killings were rewarded, if I may put it that way, with exhilaration. For each other, and to each other. And particularly, not for the benefit of anyone else at all. At the very least.

Well, I'll have to look into that, NJ.
I'm so tired of the redundancy here, I only read Trooper's posts.

Can you direct me to the comment that offended you?

Respectfully, if you're tired of the discussion here then why even read it? I don't mean to be argumentative at all. If you don't like what's being discussed, you have no obligation to come to the thread and read & and discuss it ....

Yikes Troops this is too coincidental.
An Australian man has been shot dead while on holiday on New Zealand's North Island.
The tourist was sleeping inside a campervan with a Canadian woman when a stranger began banging on the window at 3.20am local time (1.30am AEST).
The Australian, 33, was then shot several times, and the Canadian woman, 32, fled.

Australian tourist shot dead in New Zealand

Those NZers!!… .

There would be lots of tourists around there, TGY> the Waikato , a river running thru a valley, wealthy dairy farmers, some of the best restaurants and food outlets ever, in the NZ winter, ( when you put shoes on, that distinguishes it from summer ) .. the roads would be teeming with campervans, caravans....cars, trailers.

It has already been pointed out, and the point is valid, that these are not mass murders. These appear to be robberies. Completely different motive. The first robbery led to the second one.

As I believe I may have been the one to raise the robbery issue most recently in this thread, I'd be remiss if I did not point out that I chose my words poorly; I ought to have mentioned that robbery and murder are not either/or motives. Murder might have been the prime motive, the robbery an afterthought. Or visa-versa. My only point when I mentioned this a few pages back was to see if anyone here had a reasonable theory contra the victims being robbed.

I do wonder what the robbery motive was; simple greed, or an attempt to hinder the police? Or, of course, both.

SBM

I don't think Kam had social anxiety.
Obviously, something was wrong with Kam--murder sprees aren't normal--but I don't think he had social anxiety.

MOO
Yeah I don't think Kam had 'social anxiety' what I do think is he had a psychopathic mind which was masked under 'friendly, polite' etc. The friends who commented on that of which there aren't many aren't psychologists. Being the older of he and Bryer, I am convinced he was the more dangerous one and Bryer did his dirty doings for him because Bryer looked up to him and wanted someone to like him. I feel Kam used him and Bryer was a good candidate even to post threats, 'bully' and buy nazi related stuff.....Kam was the mastermind in my view and Bryer acted on his beckoning calls. Bryer didn't force or kidnap Kam to take the truck, burn the truck, steal the Rav4 , drive the Rav4 on a 'joy ride', burn the Rav4.....and on and on. The ONE thing I am deathly curious about is why Kam never once took his hand out of his pants pocket when shown in the store video.

Last edited:
Unless some sort of manifesto turns up, one can assume it was for their benefit. It meant something of , well.. as it turns out, of life and death importance. They died for 'it' . Whatever 'it' was, to them. They didnt want to live with 'it' , either. The burden of 'it' appears to have been too heavy for both of them to cart around , eventually. Apparently. It would take another determined killer to figure that out, and that's dicey, too. Since people are people, unique and individual.

There is a truism, people do things because they enjoy it. Now.. yes, people do terrible things, to themselves, cutting, burning etc, but the bottom line is, it provokes a certain joy. Not as I see joy, and probably not as you see it, but joy, exhilaration, none the less.

So it has to be assumed that these killings were rewarded, if I may put it that way, with exhilaration. For each other, and to each other. And particularly, not for the benefit of anyone else at all. At the very least.
Well said.

Yeah I don't think Kam had 'social anxiety' what I do think is he had a psychopathic mind which was masked under 'friendly, polite' etc. The friends who commented on that of which there aren't many aren't psychologists. Being the older of he and Bryer, I am convinced he was the more dangerous one and Bryer did his dirty doings for him because Bryer looked up to him and wanted someone to like him. I feel Kam used him and Bryer was a good candidate even to post threats, 'bully' and buy nazi related stuff.....Bryer was the mastermind in my view and Bryer acted on his beckoning calls. Bryer didn't force or kidnap Kam to take the truck, burn the truck, steal the Rav4 , drive the Rav4 on a 'joy ride', burn the Rav4.....and on and on. The ONE thing I am deathly curious about is why Kam never once took his hand out of his pants pocket when shown in the store video.
Yeah I've said ever since they were named suspects that I thought Kam was the leader. I have since wondered if they had a bit of an atypical relationship for a murder duo in that it may be more of a unified team than a clear-cut leader and follower, though I still think Kam had more leadership-like qualities to his personality, but I do think Kam's outwardly friendly, chill, "nice" personality masked a real dark side. I think that's why he remained friends with Bryer long after most everyone else began to pull away. I just think he could keep a lid on it better than Bryer in everyday life.

On another note has there been any new news or info about the case? There was an interview with the sister of Leonard Dyck. Did anyone watch it?

Editing to add Im pretty sure I was confused and it was the newer interview with Chynnas brother that I was thinking of.

Last edited:
*listen I know the campground comments are late to the party but I already had them typed out when all heck seemed to break loose on this thread so I am posting them - with the knowledge that maybe none of it applies cause we do not know where or even if the two murderers cleaned themselves up*

I don’t know about Cold Lake but often access to camping sites and public lake access and day use picnic areas are shared. Therefore if the entrance to the campground was restricted, the general public would be prevented from lake access.

they get lake access upon registration at the gate - if they want unrestricted use, they can find access points down the street from the campground

That's for overnight parking.

It's a matter of fact that at most provincial campgrounds day users could easily walk over and use the showers.

day users still have to register their vehicle

Yes, usually there is a gate and check-in at the entry. The "IN" gate gets closed at night. But the "OUT" gate stays open. So a person can drive in even when no one is there.

I'm not sure that it would create a scene. A person could drive in late, and drive up to the showers and then leave. I doubt that anyone would follow their activity long enough to figure out that they weren't paying campers.

Now if they started washing their vehicle outside the showers at 11:00 p.m., they might get some notice.

perhaps but the night security who patrol would be alerted and definitely paying attention

Quoting you on this :cool: Lol. I never heard it was a common path or roadway. Here's where I heard the muddy field thing:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudb...n-unknowingly-helps-murder-suspects-1.5229940

"On Sunday, July 21, Tommy Ste-Croix of Cold Lake was visiting his brother in the northeastern Alberta city around 9:30 a.m. MT when his brother's wife mentioned she saw a vehicle stuck in a muddy field on a nearby property, half an hour after first noticing it."

Not that it really matters, but that was one of the first parts of the story that I found strange.(And then every other part of the story). Why would they be out in a field? Maybe the guy later said something about it being a common path away from a campground but I just haven't heard that.

if you look at the pictures, it is an obviously well-worn pathway or trail - to or from where I have no idea

i

If it really was dark (only about 3 hrs of "real" darkness, I think someone calculated), it was dark for the shooter(s) too and he/they may not have been able to aim for whatever he/they were aiming for. I do not understand "killing all the witnesses" if you are going to commit suicide in the end anyway. I also do not know how they got all the money, ID, etc out of the van without good flashlights, because combing through a strange vehicle packed with stuff seems daunting. I guess they could have demanded items from L & C and then killed them. I just do not see how they became criminals "overnight" unless they had some juvenile offenses that we do not know about. It seems abrupt, IMO.

phones have good flashlights on them; also someone previously said it doesnèt get pitch black there - more like twilight (we know Bryer had a phone at some point)

Ah I was hoping someone would have it so I wouldn’t have to go looking lol.

Will see if I can find a link again.
Haha no worries! I'm not seeing any more coverage of this case in American MSM, so I've become used to relying on the Canadians on here who add new stuff. LOL :)

On another note has there been any new news or info about the case? There was an interview with the sister of Leonard Dyck. Did anyone watch it?

Do you have a link?

I did find her FB page and oh my... the stories she has been writing about Leonard are so endearing, I was in tears reading them and I feel like I knew him by the time I was done reading them all! She was so very lucky to have such a great brother in her life, he was so very lucky to have a little sister that loved him as much as she did.

Sadly I've thought of this aswell. I don't like to think about it much but not thinking about it doesn't make it any less real..... The roadside worker said that Chynna had injuries to her head and face. He said Lucas had injuries to the side of his abdomen around his hip. This makes me think that Chynna might have been gone quickly but Lucas' death may have been more prolonged, he might have bled out and it wasn't fast, but of course no one was out there to help him. I fear Lucas may have been more aware of the severity of the situation than Chynna might've had the chance to be... Regardless, they both must have been absolutely terrified. I think they were likely sleeping.. which is scary enough, out there on an isolated highway in the middle of nowhere, literally, with no streetlights and a broken down van, so pure darkness. No source of light unless they used flashlights and such. And then for someone to pull up and they might have been thinking that someone was coming to help them, but the complete opposite occurred. It's heartbreaking and terrifying to even imagine.
I think whether they thought it was scary sleeping out there depends on one’s perspective. L&C were an experienced, adventurous couple. That spot they were stopped at is actually beautiful. It’s probably my absolute favourite spot on the Alaska highway. The meandering river on one side, forest all around, the view is spectacular. I bet they thought the same and were excited as they drove up the Hwy.

Knowing what little I’ve heard about them and hearing from the other couple who talked to them, they sounded chill and relaxed that day. I bet they went to sleep (if they did) feeling pretty comfortable, excited for the rest of their travels and at peace. People traveling up the highway have a great appreciation for it, there’s a reason they’ve chosen to drive up and explore the north.

I’ve mentioned before that TONS of people pull over in random spots along the Hwy, sleeping in vehicles is completely normal. I live 8km from a rest stop on the Alaska Hwy, every night in the summer there are vehicles there.

Also, at that time of year it wasn’t getting very dark at night, just a few hours of twilight. It wasn’t pitch black. I bet they also thought that was cool, most people do when they first experience it. You can’t get over it being light at 11pm!

So... maybe it’s just me hoping those two felt some moments of awe, excitement and happiness in their last hours but I also think it’s quite possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu