Found Safe MO - Samuel Armstrong, 58, Courtyard Marriott Hotel, Maryland Heights, 10 August 2019

doodles1211

Reaction score
missing-man.jpg

Investigators with the Maryland Heights Police Department are asking for the public’s help in locating a Munford, Tennessee man who went missing over the weekend.

According to a police spokesperson, Samuel Armstrong was last seen August 10 at 11:30 p.m. at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel in Maryland Heights. He was reported missing August 12 when family members could not reach him.

Investigators do not suspect foul play. However, they’re aware someone attempted to use Armstrong’s credit card in East St. Louis, Illinois.

Police described Armstrong as a 58-year-old African-American man, standing 5’9” tall and weighing 220 pounds. He was driving a 2003 grey Mercedes PC with Maryland license plate 4AT-4833.

Anyone with information on Armstrong’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Maryland Heights Police Department at 314-298-8700 or the department’s detective bureau at 314-298-7847.

Maryland Heights police looking for missing Tennessee man

Maryland Heights Police Department

Yesterday at 5:30 PM ·
"*****MISSING PERSON*****

The Maryland Heights Police Department is asking for help in locating the following individual,

Samuel O. Armstrong
Black/Male DOB age 58
5’9’ 220 lbs.
3729 Campground Road
Munford, Tennessee

Mr. Armstrong was last seen at the,

Courtyard Marriot Hotel
11888 Lackland Road
Maryland Heights, Mo

on August 10, 2019 at approximately 11:30 pm.

Mr. Armstrong’s vehicle,

2003 Grey Mercedes PC
State of Maryland License Plate 4AT-4833

is also missing.

Mr. Armstrong was reported missing on August 12, 2019 when family members became concerned as to his whereabouts. Although foul play is not suspected at this time, there is information indicating that someone attempted to use Mr. Armstrong’s credit card in East St. Louis, Illinois. We are asking anyone who has been in contact with Mr. Armstrong, or anyone who knows his whereabouts to contact any of the following,

Maryland Heights Police Department
(314) 298-8700
Maryland Heights Detective Bureau
(314) 298-7847
Detective Len Robinson
(314) 738-2327"

I had to read @doodles1211 post and this post several time because of the confusing information. Actually, the information was confusing to me because of the names of the locations:
  • Samuel is from Munford, TN.
  • Samuel's vehicle is licensed in the state of Maryland.
  • Maryland Heights is in Missouri, and it was at a Courtyard Marriot in Maryland Heights where Samuel was last seen.
  • His credit card was used in East St. Louis, Illinois.
  • There are 4 states referenced in this missing case.
ETA: TY @doodles1211 for posting this thread! I hope Samuel (and his vehicle) can be found soon.

Maryland Heights was just voted the best suburb in Missouri. It is a nice area but East St Louis is not good at all. Worrisome.

Maryland Heights was just voted the best suburb in Missouri. It is a nice area but East St Louis is not good at all. Worrisome.
It sounds like you are more familiar with the area than I am! That is worrisome that East St Louis is not a nice area. Are you familiar with the Courtyard Marriot in Maryland Heights? What kind of an area is the hotel located in?

It sounds like you are more familiar with the area than I am! That is worrisome that East St Louis is not a nice area. Are you familiar with the Courtyard Marriot in Maryland Heights? What kind of an area is the hotel located in?
I can also attest to East St. Louis being a concern. I used to go to school in MO and had to drive through St. Louis often and was always advised to never stop or for any reason go into ESL. I never stopped (because of what I was told), so I didn’t actually see it first hand. As far as Maryland Heights, I don’t remember hearing about that suburb specifically, but after looking at a map, I have probably been through that area. Maryland Heights also lies between several suburbs/areas I do know of that are nice & safe suburban areas of St Louis.

I am sure the hotel has security cameras and wish we knew whether or not he was alone when he left the hotel. Do we think that the last sighting of him was the time he left the hotel?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back