Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused by the statement that the location was inaccessible. It was clearly accessible; she was there, the hikers were there. Do they mean inaccessible by vehicle? If so that just means she wasn't driven there.
I think it means that it would be inaccessible to the recovery personnel to get down there with their equipment, and likely impossible to carry her body all the way back to the vehicle.
If it took the hikers two hours to get there and they had a hard time, imagine how hard it would be for inexperienced people carrying a body. Imo

It's so nice to have people native to Malaysia posting on this thread. Amazing how some from a continent away as so sure of " facts" considering the 12 different versions and translations of msm articles.

My faith is in the Malaysian investigation that is still ongoing. Seems they doubt some things as well

Well, from what I understand, investigators are waiting for the results to see if there is any indication that a crime took place, such as foreign DNA (not belonging to the family) or substances in her system that shouldn't be there, or anything to suggest she died from other causes.

Someone who knows more about forensic pathology may know more.

There have been other cases where pathologists have come to different conclusions as to what the COD and manner of death was.

So if they don't find anything that points to foul play, they may decide not to pursue the criminal investigation if they think she died from natural causes.
IMO
The post mortem ( livor mortis) should show if she died elsewhere and was moved. If they are saying no foul play suspected, that must show she died where she was found right?

Last edited:
Hi MariaMac,
Here is a link to just one article that mentions family members and it also mentions 'others.' Just knowing Meabh's family background, I can't see them having Jim Gamble representing them, so yes, it could be directed at him.
Nora Quoirin’s family call for an end to ‘unhelpful’ comments about her death - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

The article also states:

The statement said: “The family of Nora Quoirin would like to clarify several comments that have been attributed to the family or to people claiming to act on behalf of the family."

But these comments were not clarified.

Plus remember that it was a Jim Gamble quote saying that the window was broken.

I’m glad to find that I’m not the only one who has pondered on this. I didn’t think it was nefarious or sinister by any means, but I did think it was a little unusual for the first one awake to be at 8:00. Mainly because the cottage was so open, and light and sounds would definitely have me awake earlier, even without kids excited in a new place.

I didn’t see it as a sign of anything bad, I just thought they must be much heavier sleepers than I am, and lucky to have kids who sleep so late! Maybe jet lag or some type of allergy medication, etc. could have affected the heaviness of their sleep. I have travelled internationally, and jet lag doesn’t affect me in that way, but I’m sure everyone is different.

Has anyone read or heard anything about the events of that morning — were mom and other kids still sleeping at 8:00? Had dad been awake for awhile before discovering her missing? Do we know what time the children were last checked up on, the night before? I have followed this pretty closely and haven’t heard any details on that, but could have missed something. In the US, details like this usually seem to come out.

I have wondered if her leaving in the morning, after sunrise, was even an actual possibility? If other family members were awake before sunrise, then she must have left (however it happened) in the dark of night. It would be helpful to know how early the first family member woke up that morning. Just because dad discovered her missing at 8:00 doesn’t mean that he couldn’t have been awake sooner, and just didn’t go upstairs until 8:00.

Agree!. Father could have got up earlier, put some coffee on, had a shower, whilst all was quiet upstairs.

The post mortem ( livor mortis) should show if she died elsewhere and was moved. If they are saying no foul play suspected, that must show she died where she was found right?
Yeah, I would assume if they could tell she was moved they would not have said they didn't suspect foul play.

In some cases they have been able to prove that a body was moved based on lividity, if it was moved during that time frame.
Livor mortis becomes "fixed" about 6-8 hours after death. So if a body is in one position for a couple of hours after death and is moved two hours later, there would be "mixed" lividity. (pooling in different places) At least I think that's how they can tell.

I'm not sure about how they can tell if it was moved anytime after that, though. I would think it would be extremely difficult to move a body to that location at all.

EDA: I just looked it up and read that only up to the first six hours of death can lividity be altered. Imo

Last edited:
Yeah, I would assume if they could tell she was moved they would not have said they didn't suspect foul play.

In some cases they have been able to prove that a body was moved based on lividity, if it was moved during that time frame.
Livor mortis becomes "fixed" about 6-8 hours after death. So if a body is in one position for a couple of hours after death and is moved two hours later, there would be "mixed" lividity. (pooling in different places) At least I think that's how they can tell.

I'm not sure about how they can tell if it was moved anytime after that, though. I would think it would be extremely difficult to move a body to that location at all.

EDA: I just looked it up and read that only up to the first six hours of death can lividity be altered. Imo
That's interesting TY. So it does sound like they should be able to piece it together to know whether she was moved there or walked all of the distance barefoot and naked on her own based on the physical evidence. Personally, I do doubt she made it all that way herself.

Tropical Rainforest Resort | the Dusun

This is the website for the Dusun. It explains they do trips to the waterfall and total time to get there is 1 hrs 20 minutes

This has possibly been posted before but I found it useful info to visualise the area.

This is from the FAQ section on the website, which may be out of date, but seems to indicate a maximum of 2 children.

"You will receive 2 emails, the first requesting payment with food menu attached. The second a confirmation after payment is made.

Please do not add children to your booking search. Our booking system does not allow children, but we do. Please let us know by email if you are bringing children. Children stay free.
What time is check-in and check-out?
Check in is 2pm, check out is 12 noon.

Are children allowed?
Yes, but do not include children when you book. Instead, reply to the booking email letting us know how many children you have. Each house is limited to 2 children if you have maximum capacity adults."

There were three children altogether I understand.

Last edited:
Tropical Rainforest Resort | the Dusun
Snipped for focus
Are children allowed?
Yes, but do not include children when you book. Instead, reply to the booking email letting us know how many children you have. Each house is limited to 2 children if you have maximum capacity adults."

There were three children altogether I understand.
BBM

I assumed that the two parents were less than the maximum capacity for adults in that house, so they could have more than two children...if that makes sense. :)

BBM

I assumed that the two parents were less than the maximum capacity for adults in that house, so they could have more than two children...if that makes sense. :)
Yes. Max capacity adults could have been 3 for example plus 2 children. (ETA Max capacity adults for the 7 houses is stated as 20 on the home page of the website. So some houses 2 adults some 3 possibly)

Do we know which of the 7 houses they were in?

ETA based on Jax comment above , Nora would have likely been classed as an adult possibly anyway.

Last edited:
Reading the Belfast Telegraph it says:
“They wish it to be made absolutely clear that the only comments and statements relating to the disappearance, death, investigation and any other matters that are actually from the family are those released via Matthew Searle of the Lucie Blackman Trust.”

That does sound a bit awkward re wider family.

The more I look at it all also, the more I think she and possibly a sister were sleeping downstairs. Makes accidental exit with jet lag tiredness unfamiliar layout etc more possible

Reading the Belfast Telegraph it says:
“They wish it to be made absolutely clear that the only comments and statements relating to the disappearance, death, investigation and any other matters that are actually from the family are those released via Matthew Searle of the Lucie Blackman Trust.”

That does sound a bit awkward re wider family.

The more I look at it all also, the more I think she and possibly a sister were sleeping downstairs. Makes accidental exit with jet lag tiredness unfamiliar layout etc more possible

All MSM reports I've seen that address the issue, indicate the children were sleeping upstairs. Here's one example.

Nora, who was sleeping upstairs with her sister I, 12, and brother M, eight, was found to be missing on Sunday morning by her father at around 8am.

Missing Nora Quoirin 'could be hiding in Malaysian jungle' | Daily Mail Online

*changed children's names to initials

Nora Quoirin cops say investigation into Irish teen's death is 'ongoing'

From the article (dated 21 Aug)

"Local media today reports that police have not stopped the investigation into her death - days after the Quoirin's solicitor said they were "refusing to rule out a criminal element" to Nora's death."

Family have stated only to accept statements from LBT, so what about this statement supposedly from their solicitor? Is this still the family's position that something criminal could have happened. I'm getting a bit lost which statements to go by now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member