Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Ellmau, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Ellmau

Ellmau Well-Known Member

Girl, 15, vanishes on Malaysian holiday

ACTIVE SEARCH - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Thread #2 - Found Deceased - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2

Thread #3 - Found Deceased - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Thread #4 - Found Deceased - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2019
    Lyndaloo, HayLouise, Endurfin and 2 others like this.

2. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

MOD NOTE:

WHILE TRIPADVISOR MAY BE HELPFUL TO YOU AS BACKGROUND INFO, POSTING COMMENTS AND PICTURES FROM TRIPADVISOR REVIEWS IS NOT PERMITTED AS WE HAVE NO WAY TO VERIFY THEIR AUTHENTICITY.

INSTEAD, YOU MAY SAY: “INTERESTING REVIEW/PICTURES BY CGF ON TRIPADVISOR”, BUT YOU MAY NOT LINK OR DISCUSS ANY OF THE CONTENT ON THE FORUM UNLESS IT IS IN MSM. TRIPADVISOR IS NOT CONSIDERED MSM. MANY POSTS CONTAINING LINKS AND INFO FROM TRIPADVISOR REVIEWS HAVE BEEN/WILL BE REMOVED.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING RESPECTFULLY AND RESPONSIBLY.

CocoChanel

tennison and watcher9 like this.
  3. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

13 August 2019:

Cops: Family confirmed body found is missing Irish teen Nora Quoirin (VIDEO)

SEREMBAN, Aug 13 — The family of missing Irish teenager Nora Anne Quoirin has confirmed today that the body of a female found earlier today in the jungle area near The Dusun resort was of their daughter.

Negri Sembilan police chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusof announced this after her parents Sebastian and Meabh went in to identify the body at Tuanku Jaafar Hospital here at 7pm.

“A post mortem will be done tomorrow morning. A senior pathologist from Kuala Lumpur will come to conduct the autopsy at 10am.

“We will inform the post mortem result tomorrow. Based on that we will decide if we need to investigate further... if we are not satisfied,” he added.

Cops: Family confirmed body found is missing Irish teen Nora Quoirin (VIDEO) | Malay Mail

watcher9 likes this.
  4. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, this is so true. Special Needs students like this are used to routine and structure and when they are attached to certain people they can be very anxious around others. Especially if the person they are attached to is not right there with them.

They rarely deviate from their habits and routine and when they are forced to they can become very distressed.

And, as someone who has worked with Special Needs children I'm sure you know you are well aware of who the "runners" are and who would never venture out of the classroom alone.

You also know which children are unpredictable, because they are always doing unpredictable things.

Imo

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  5. MsBetsy

Yes, and also in that case there were many that were looked at as potential suspects.
    There was that man seen walking down the street carrying a small child early in the morning, and there were other leads that didn't pan out.

In this case there is nothing so far. Imo

6. JennyDee

JennyDee Well-Known Member

That’s a good question to work out if she was there when they searched if she was dead a few days

MsBetsy, Endurfin and Kaykedi like this.
  7. MsBetsy

But it was always known that she left the house in her underwear so there would be no reason not to notify authorities right away. Imo

Lyndaloo, Oraclle and Skigh like this.
  8. Njust1

Njust1 Well-Known Member

People are also afraid sometimes just in case they get accused of doing something they didn’t do because the parents were adamant she couldn’t have possibly left on her own...

steff13, haven71, MsFacetious and 5 others like this.
  9. MsBetsy

It was thought to be while she was still alive, so maybe 2-4 days before?
    It's hard to say because they didn't give an exact time of death. They said 2-3 days, but no more than 4.
    I'm pretty sure they also had cadaver dogs in that area too.
    But they searched that area extensively. So if she was already deceased, it's hard to believe the dogs missed the scent, and if she were alive, it's hard to believe they didn't find her.
    They said they thought she may have been mobile by that time but there's no way she would have been able to move quickly or go very far. She had to be gravely ill at that point.

Lyndaloo, watcher9, Eve71 and 3 others like this.
  10. MsBetsy

Could be. I would think they would want the reward, though.

neesaki and Kaykedi like this.
  11. JennyDee

JennyDee Well-Known Member

Noras body shouldn’t have anyones dna on her if they did not come in contact with her just her family and those that took her to the mortuary.

MsBetsy, Kaykedi, Quill and 1 other person like this.
  12. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

Sorry, my background is not a special ed teacher.

MsBetsy likes this.
  13. Njust1

Njust1 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. The Malays can be also very conservative and some aren’t at all motivated by money. They’d rather choose a simple uncomplicated life. Of course, some are also materialistic. I guess it is a possible random guess - someone happy in the jungle, alone, not at all into press/media or money...

watcher9, Jax49, MsBetsy and 3 others like this.
  14. MsBetsy

Oh, sorry! I thought you mentioned in several posts that you worked with Special Needs student's so I thought you were familiar with students with similar disorders.
    I must have replied to the wrong post.

Shadow@light and Skigh like this.
  15. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

Yes, I have worked with special needs and have taught medical professionals. Professional health management, damage/risk management, and lobbyist in US healthcare.

I'm very educated in medical/social special needs.

Sorry, If I gave the impression of a special needs teacher.

16. MsBetsy

Oh, ok, so you are familiar with Special Needs children, just not necessarily the daily activities in the classroom. I should have said, as someone who is familiar with children with disabilities.
    I thought I saw a post in the last thread that said you taught children so it was my mistake.
    I will try to fix my post.

17. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Believer of Miracles

watcher9, Kubirai, Ellmau and 2 others like this.
  18. Njust1

Njust1 Well-Known Member

It was already reported within the first 24 hours of her going missing but at the time dismissed as unreliable as parents didn’t believe it was her swimming...

19. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

Do we know whether Nora could swim?
    If she could not,then perhaps that is why the parents said it could not be her.

Lyndaloo, Kaykedi, watcher9 and 4 others like this.
  20. Nadal

Nadal Well-Known Member

She may not have been actually swimming, she could have just been in the water and whoever spotted her assumed she was swimming.