Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellmau

Reaction score
Girl, 15, vanishes on Malaysian holiday

Nora Quoirin, who has learning difficulties, arrived there with her family on Saturday for a two week "trip of a lifetime".

They were staying in the town of Seremban, on the edge of rainforest near Kuala Lumpur.

When her parents awoke on Sunday morning they found her missing and the window of her hotel room open.

The friend of the family, who works for the BBC in Northern Ireland, estimated that by noon UK time she had already been missing for 12 hours.

Malaysian Police are said to be looking for Nora with sniffer dogs.

ACTIVE SEARCH - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Thread #2 - Found Deceased - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2

Thread #3 - Found Deceased - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Thread #4 - Found Deceased - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

WHILE TRIPADVISOR MAY BE HELPFUL TO YOU AS BACKGROUND INFO, POSTING COMMENTS AND PICTURES FROM TRIPADVISOR REVIEWS IS NOT PERMITTED AS WE HAVE NO WAY TO VERIFY THEIR AUTHENTICITY.

INSTEAD, YOU MAY SAY: “INTERESTING REVIEW/PICTURES BY CGF ON TRIPADVISOR”, BUT YOU MAY NOT LINK OR DISCUSS ANY OF THE CONTENT ON THE FORUM UNLESS IT IS IN MSM. TRIPADVISOR IS NOT CONSIDERED MSM. MANY POSTS CONTAINING LINKS AND INFO FROM TRIPADVISOR REVIEWS HAVE BEEN/WILL BE REMOVED.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING RESPECTFULLY AND RESPONSIBLY.

CocoChanel

13 August 2019:

Cops: Family confirmed body found is missing Irish teen Nora Quoirin (VIDEO)

SEREMBAN, Aug 13 — The family of missing Irish teenager Nora Anne Quoirin has confirmed today that the body of a female found earlier today in the jungle area near The Dusun resort was of their daughter.

Negri Sembilan police chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusof announced this after her parents Sebastian and Meabh went in to identify the body at Tuanku Jaafar Hospital here at 7pm.

“A post mortem will be done tomorrow morning. A senior pathologist from Kuala Lumpur will come to conduct the autopsy at 10am.

“We will inform the post mortem result tomorrow. Based on that we will decide if we need to investigate further... if we are not satisfied,” he added.

Cops: Family confirmed body found is missing Irish teen Nora Quoirin (VIDEO) | Malay Mail

I agree, she couldn't have make it to the waterfall, without assistance.

All the photos and maps clearly demonstrate what a treacherous trail. To not miss any turns, climb over rock, bugs, leeches, snakes, mosquitoes and all else, it ain't no way in **** she achieved that!!! The risk of injury and just to great.

I couldn't do it with a map, broad open daylight. Most all have a guide. The hikers had a guide.

Nope, not a chance. I've worked with kids like Nora. When you read, Nora is attached, they mean it. These kids become attached to a small circle and are never without one very near. Nicknamed my attachment, by lovingly mom's.

After the first presser, I thought maybe she did just walk away. Nope, I sure couldn't do it.

Imo
Yes, this is so true. Special Needs students like this are used to routine and structure and when they are attached to certain people they can be very anxious around others. Especially if the person they are attached to is not right there with them.

They rarely deviate from their habits and routine and when they are forced to they can become very distressed.

And, as someone who has worked with Special Needs children I'm sure you know you are well aware of who the "runners" are and who would never venture out of the classroom alone.

You also know which children are unpredictable, because they are always doing unpredictable things.

Imo

Last edited:
I can’t think of many. Madeline was 4 not a teenager with a learning disability. M was left alone with her baby siblings, Nora was not. Nora has been found. M is still missing. Both cases are worlds apart, imo.
Yes, and also in that case there were many that were looked at as potential suspects.
There was that man seen walking down the street carrying a small child early in the morning, and there were other leads that didn't pan out.

In this case there is nothing so far. Imo

May be the she left on her own - as she was naked - someone who had seen or helped her would be too afraid to be accused of abducting her. So if somebody has placed her body where they found her, she could have been dead when found but the person would not come forward in order not to be wrongly accused or implicated with her disappearance?
But it was always known that she left the house in her underwear so there would be no reason not to notify authorities right away. Imo

But it was always known that she left the house in her underwear so there would be no reason not to notify authorities right away. Imo
People are also afraid sometimes just in case they get accused of doing something they didn’t do because the parents were adamant she couldn’t have possibly left on her own...

Apologies if it’s already been posted but how many days before Nora was found was the area searched?
It was thought to be while she was still alive, so maybe 2-4 days before?
It's hard to say because they didn't give an exact time of death. They said 2-3 days, but no more than 4.
I'm pretty sure they also had cadaver dogs in that area too.
But they searched that area extensively. So if she was already deceased, it's hard to believe the dogs missed the scent, and if she were alive, it's hard to believe they didn't find her.
They said they thought she may have been mobile by that time but there's no way she would have been able to move quickly or go very far. She had to be gravely ill at that point.

People are also afraid sometimes just in case they get accused of doing something they didn’t do because the parents were adamant she couldn’t have possibly left on her own...
Could be. I would think they would want the reward, though.

Yes, this is so true. Special Needs students like this are used to routine and structure and when they are attached to certain people they can be very anxious around others. Especially if the person they are attached to is not right there with them.

They rarely deviate from their habits and routine and when they are forced to they can become very distressed.

And, as a Special Ed teacher, I'm sure you know you are well aware of who the "runners" are and who would never venture out of the classroom alone.

You also know which children are unpredictable, because they are always doing unpredictable things.

Imo

Sorry, my background is not a special ed teacher.

Could be. I would think they would want the reward, though.
Not necessarily. The Malays can be also very conservative and some aren’t at all motivated by money. They’d rather choose a simple uncomplicated life. Of course, some are also materialistic. I guess it is a possible random guess - someone happy in the jungle, alone, not at all into press/media or money...

Oh, sorry! I thought you mentioned in several posts that you worked with Special Needs student's so I thought you were familiar with students with similar disorders.
I must have replied to the wrong post.

Yes, I have worked with special needs and have taught medical professionals. Professional health management, damage/risk management, and lobbyist in US healthcare.

I'm very educated in medical/social special needs.

Sorry, If I gave the impression of a special needs teacher.

Yes, I have worked with special needs and have taught medical professionals. Professional health management, damage/risk management, and lobbyist in US healthcare.

I'm very educated in medical/social special needs.

Sorry, If I gave the impression of a special needs teacher.
Oh, ok, so you are familiar with Special Needs children, just not necessarily the daily activities in the classroom. I should have said, as someone who is familiar with children with disabilities.
I thought I saw a post in the last thread that said you taught children so it was my mistake.
I will try to fix my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member