Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
You touched on my thoughts and questions for @CTGrammy...I understand what she is saying about the trusts but wouldn't there be other income, survivor benefits, inheritances, child support from JD's estate as @MDATCA says once a death is either recorded or confirmed with discovery of a body?

Child support is the Non Custodial parent making monthly payments to a Custodial parent or a Custodial family member. IIRC, it does not reverse and go from a family member to a custodial parent, regardless of who has money and who does not.

The $400,000 Annual Income from JD's Trust Fund, could, I guess, be considered the 'Child Support' in this situation.

FO would need custody of 1 child to get a portion of JD's Trust Fund Income, but would need all 5 to get the entire $400,000 per year.

FD could have had Life Insurance on JD and IMO, he would have listed himself as the sole beneficiary. I would think that the Insurance Company will have something to say about that payout at this point.

JD or GF, could have had a policy and the children would need to be listed as the Beneficiaries of that policy, regardless of who pays the policy and then the Custodian of any minor child could then have control of the money pertaining to that child only or all five, if the Custodian has all five children and they are each a minor. If the child is of age, the child would personally receive the payout.

The Custodian of the children is also eligible to draw on Social Security. The amount would be determined one of two ways. The person Filing can choose to base the monthly amount on any income JD had over the years Or on any income FO had over the years, even though FO is still living. This is assuming that either paid into Social Security. With FO's scruples and his 'secret' handling of money, he may have only paid into Social Security while an employee with the Finance Company, before his marriage to JD. You know, the Job he Quit right after saying 'I Do' to JD's Trust Fund?

JD did write for some media outlets and may or may not have made payments into her Social Security depending on how she was paid.

IMO, It seems as though there is Not a Current Inheritance per se. We can use the example of JD, when her father died in January of 2017. I do not believe that a 'Hand It ALL Over to the Beneficiary' existed. GF may have even been the sole Beneficiary of HF's Will and/or any money may have been put into the original Trust Funds of each of the children along with JD and her sister.

IMO, The Inheritances may just be the Trust Funds.

IMO, The fact that HF Required FO to Hand Deliver the monthly Interest Payments of the Loans involved with this case, shows that HF did not trust FO further than HF could physically throw FO. Therefore HF may have redirected Inheritance monies to a Trust instead of a full payout, before he died.

IMO, The Only avenue that FO could seek would be JD's Annual Income of $400,000 that just happens to come from a Trust Fund Account. Assuming that he actually has custody of the children.

IMO, HF restructured JD's Trust Income so that the monies go With the children and Not payable to FO 'just because' he was the husband. In other words, IMO, FO gets Nothing from JD's Trust Income, unless he has full custody of the children and even then, FO would not have full access to the actual trust fund accounts.

ALL My Opinion Only

Just as a reminder...there are those who do have close relationships with the children and are not family members...........just sayin'

Jennifer Dulos divorce shows controversial role of court-appointed child guardians

BBM:
In the Dulos divorce, both sides are now calling for Meehan to be removed as guardian ad litem. Fotis Dulos’ attorneys have previously called for Meehan to be removed. In June, Reuben Midler, who is representing Jennifer Dulos, filed a motion accusing the GAL of wrongly releasing a sealed psychological evaluation done on the family.

The evaluation ended up in the hands of Fotis Dulos’ new attorneys and has been used to support Norm Pattis’ “Gone Girl” and “revenge suicide” theories for Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance.

Meehan could not be reached for comment for this story.
Replying to my own post to answer question regarding why I used "just a reminder..." (at the beginning of my post) All I meant by that was I was just re-posting a MSM link/article that we had discussed at an earlier point, hence the "just a reminder" Sorry if my wording caused any confusion and hope this clarifies it.

After seeing TheKirbyFamily say that people saw her as out of place in Hartford and that they watched her every move it really did make me stop to think that the license plates and garbage were all "planted" in hopes that someone "Lesser" than FD would get caught with the stuff and draw suspicion away from FD. He wanted to be noticed and he wanted curious people to seek out what he was dumping.

FD would have no use for the people of Hartford as they have no value to him other than being a pawn in his game. If someone were caught with the knife or some of JD's clothes it may instigate an investigation, and surely FD would think everyone in Hartford had a criminal record that would make them suspect. And who can't use a spare license plate for when they hijack a car? I would find it possible that FD had enough contempt for these "lesser" people that he would believe that if any one of them were caught with any of these things they would become the suspects rather than a "fine, upstanding citizen" such as himself. Especially since FD is well aware of the price of defending oneself in a court of law.

I came cross this and thought it was interesting to hear Dr. Gloria Farber talk, especially about successfully educating children:

I also love this picture of her smiling and I like to think she is talking to Jennifer, saying something like "I'm on it baby girl!"
WOW. This is a great video! GF is well educated, articulate, and has class. Everything FD only aspired to be. IMO - FD will not win against this Granny! MOO!

That’s the problem with sociopaths. Narcissists. They are SO BELIEVABLE bc they believe what’s coming out of their mouths. When Norm Pattis puts him on the stand, that's when some one on the jury can get swayed. Or two. Or more. And he walks. Especially a woman. Judge or jury member. A woman is more susceptible MOO based on my life’s experiences... I suppose same is true in reverse heterosexual gender. Male/female. MOO based on life's experiences.
And if Norm puts any of the kids on the stand?
And still no sign of Jennifer. I just hope there was brain DNA in whatever they recovered from the recycling dump.
I wonder if GF has hired her own private investigators.

There would also likely be brain DNA in the garage, perhaps on the ceiling or the car.

This could be true whether a gun or a blunt instrument was used.

If I remember correctly, people in a rage against someone with a personal relationship to them tend to go for the head and face.

I'm still thinking blunt instrument since we haven't heard that neighbors reported gunshots. (Of course, there's a lot we haven't heard yet!)

Last edited:
After seeing TheKirbyFamily say that people saw her as out of place in Hartford and that they watched her every move it really did make me stop to think that the license plates and garbage were all "planted" in hopes that someone "Lesser" than FD would get caught with the stuff and draw suspicion away from FD. He wanted to be noticed and he wanted curious people to seek out what he was dumping.

FD would have no use for the people of Hartford as they have no value to him other than being a pawn in his game. If someone were caught with the knife or some of JD's clothes it may instigate an investigation, and surely FD would think everyone in Hartford had a criminal record that would make them suspect. And who can't use a spare license plate for when they hijack a car? I would find it possible that FD had enough contempt for these "lesser" people that he would believe that if any one of them were caught with any of these things they would become the suspects rather than a "fine, upstanding citizen" such as himself. Especially since FD is well aware of the price of defending oneself in a court of law.
I just don't believe it's that convoluted. Is FD really that stupid? Apparently, yes. Not to know about the surveillance cameras and driving around that area in a very upscale truck with phone pings going on....Every single thing he did is in conflict with the absurd Gone Girl and Revenge Suicide theories. It doesn't make sense to me that he would try to have someone caught the way you describe...just dispose of mops, sponge, t-shirt and bra with the body, wherever JD is. Unless she was also taken to Albany Ave, then things make more sense. The sociopath is devious but not necessarily smart. I just don't think FD did a whole lot of mental gymnastics. IMO.

Child support is the Non Custodial parent making monthly payments to a Custodial parent or a Custodial family member. IIRC, it does not reverse and go from a family member to a custodial parent, regardless of who has money and who does not.

The $400,000 Annual Income from JD's Trust Fund, could, I guess, be considered the 'Child Support' in this situation.

FO would need custody of 1 child to get a portion of JD's Trust Fund Income, but would need all 5 to get the entire $400,000 per year.

FD could have had Life Insurance on JD and IMO, he would have listed himself as the sole beneficiary. I would think that the Insurance Company will have something to say about that payout at this point.

JD or GF, could have had a policy and the children would need to be listed as the Beneficiaries of that policy, regardless of who pays the policy and then the Custodian of any minor child could then have control of the money pertaining to that child only or all five, if the Custodian has all five children and they are each a minor. If the child is of age, the child would personally receive the payout.

The Custodian of the children is also eligible to draw on Social Security. The amount would be determined one of two ways. The person Filing can choose to base the monthly amount on any income JD had over the years Or on any income FO had over the years, even though FO is still living. This is assuming that either paid into Social Security. With FO's scruples and his 'secret' handling of money, he may have only paid into Social Security while an employee with the Finance Company, before his marriage to JD. You know, the Job he Quit right after saying 'I Do' to JD's Trust Fund?

JD did write for some media outlets and may or may not have made payments into her Social Security depending on how she was paid.

IMO, It seems as though there is Not a Current Inheritance per se. We can use the example of JD, when her father died in January of 2017. I do not believe that a 'Hand It ALL Over to the Beneficiary' existed. GF may have even been the sole Beneficiary of HF's Will and/or any money may have been put into the original Trust Funds of each of the children along with JD and her sister.

IMO, The Inheritances may just be the Trust Funds.

IMO, The fact that HF Required FO to Hand Deliver the monthly Interest Payments of the Loans involved with this case, shows that HF did not trust FO further than HF could physically throw FO. Therefore HF may have redirected Inheritance monies to a Trust instead of a full payout, before he died.

IMO, The Only avenue that FO could seek would be JD's Annual Income of $400,000 that just happens to come from a Trust Fund Account. Assuming that he actually has custody of the children.

IMO, HF restructured JD's Trust Income so that the monies go With the children and Not payable to FO 'just because' he was the husband. In other words, IMO, FO gets Nothing from JD's Trust Income, unless he has full custody of the children and even then, FO would not have full access to the actual trust fund accounts.

ALL My Opinion Only

Yes!! I hope those folks sink his *advertiser censored**! Maybe that's what the info release about the odyssey of stupidity, the knife, and the DD Fudge was for...to let FD know the very people he looked so down on had talked and they had figured out what he had done??

Just as a reminder...there are those who do have close relationships with the children and are not family members...........just sayin'

Jennifer Dulos divorce shows controversial role of court-appointed child guardians

BBM:
In the Dulos divorce, both sides are now calling for Meehan to be removed as guardian ad litem. Fotis Dulos’ attorneys have previously called for Meehan to be removed. In June, Reuben Midler, who is representing Jennifer Dulos, filed a motion accusing the GAL of wrongly releasing a sealed psychological evaluation done on the family.

The evaluation ended up in the hands of Fotis Dulos’ new attorneys and has been used to support Norm Pattis’ “Gone Girl” and “revenge suicide” theories for Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance.

Meehan could not be reached for comment for this story.
Yes, its unlikely that GAL 'Show me the money' Meehan is long for this case IMO. How he felt it was within his rights to give a draft report to FO prior atty is not known. I wonder what is taking Judge Heller so long to rule on his status with the two pending motions calling for his removal.

I hope that Judge Heller conducted a full investigation of the matter and will shortly terminate GAL Meehan. Its unfortunate that Judge Heller no doubt needed Meehan for the custody issue. But if/when Judge Heller terminates GAL Meehan I hope his termination comes with the requirement that he and his firm have nothing to do with any party related to the Dulos case and if he is found to have anything to do with the case or any of its participants that his ability to be a GAL in CT would be removed. I can see FO/Pattis/Richlin attempting to use Meehan in some capacity either against JD, the children or GF.

Judge Heller appeared to handle the termination of the Pattis from Family Court behind closed doors versus giving him a public spanking that IMO would have been well deserved as what he and his client FO did was unconscionable with the psych report.

I hope the removal of GAL Meehan is public and punishing and NOT handled behind closed doors.

MOO

I had thought about saying this earlier...we don't know they have those devices. Maybe JD didn't allow them. There are a lot of private schools that ban them too. I belong to a group of families I know here who do not let their kids have those things.

I read their school requirements and iPads are used with children in K-5th classes and a Mac laptop for 6th grade through upper school.

Replying to my own post to answer question regarding why I used "just a reminder..." (at the beginning of my post) All I meant by that was I was just re-posting a MSM link/article that we had discussed at an earlier point, hence the "just a reminder" Sorry if my wording caused any confusion and hope this clarifies it.
Your're right, @NWLady, IMO, don't worry at all about re-posting something that is germane to JD's disappearance and referencing a previous post or link. I think we all need reminders of everything that LE has stated and is in MSM per TOS to be informed in our discussions. MOO too

Yes!! I hope those folks sink his *advertiser censored**! Maybe that's what the info release about the odyssey of stupidity, the knife, and the DD Fudge was for...to let FD know the very people he looked so down on had talked and they had figured out what he had done??[/QUOTE

And they have shown more class than FD by telling the truth. It must be killing FD to think "these" people could be believed before him. MOO

Looks like Richlin/FO filed again today in Family Court:

532.00 08/22/2019 D MOTION FOR APPOINTMENT OF COUNSEL FOR CHILD PENDENTE LITE
newred.gif

Motion for Appointment of an Attorney for the two oldest children (now 13)
533.00 08/23/2019 D MOTION FOR ORDER
newred.gif

Motion for Order Re: Access to Information Concerning Minor Children

Hope that this isn't yet another Pattis inspired fishing expedition using his patsy Richlin for information that will be part of his plan to possibly legally weaponize the children in the criminal court to facilitate his agenda.

I am not sure if anyone else here is uncomfortable about how Pattis appears to possibly be maneuvering the actions of FO and the various atty's to be possibly/most likely sharing information between these various cases.

I am not sure what Judge Heller can do other than deny the request for access to information or seal all the case documents in this matter in Family Court and/or impose a gag on the involved attorneys on Family Court matters. Is anyone in the CT Judiciary looking at the bigger picture of what is going on in these various cases?

Not sure what is going on here with the latest motion and what information FO/Richlin are asking for but I just hope that Judge Heller is in control of her courtroom as from the outside it looks a bit like things might be spiraling out of control.

How does Family Court protect the information relating to JD and her children from being used in Criminal proceedings or even the Civil matters? What safeguards are in place and does Judge Heller have confidence that Richlin/FO are behaving professionally/appropriately with regard to Family Court documents and not sharing them with Pattis for use in the criminal case? Sorry but at this point I'm not willing to rely on these defense atty's and their seeming convenient understanding of their professional responsibilities.

Answering these procedural questions is above my paygrade but something about what seems to be happening here amongst these 3 cases and various attorneys is making me feel quite uncomfortable as it seems the well being of the children is potentially being lost amidst No Case Norms 'defense' of FO. The GAL Meehan has 2 motions in place calling for his termination, so I don't think he is operating from strength right now. It just seems like the cloud over his integrity can't simply be erased and the children need a solid GAL in place immediately IMO. What is Judge Heller doing and why are these various motions simply allowed to sit unresolved?

MOO

You mention brain DNA. JD has said FD had a gun so not speculation....I take her word for it. Gun=Brain Matter to me. I have been saying for the longest, what does blood spatter say? And why is FD getting a gun at this late stage? Gun has been possibility to me for a long time. JMO.
Yes, but the gun that JD said FO brought up illegally from FL was supposedly handed in to the Farmington Police. So, FO would have had to find another illegal gun. This being CT and FO being near Hartford, I'm not sure that would have been at all hard to pull off.

The arrest warrant simply referenced blood splatter and violent act I believe so determining potential murder weapon is challenging based on the little we know. We do know that the dumpster diver allegedly found and sold a knife so perhaps this gives us a possible answer as to murder weapan? IDK

MOO

An interesting 'tidbit' on how No Case Norm is allegedly being paid --- Greece --- NYC ---- NO CASE NORM. Wonder if the proceeds being used to pay NO CASE NORM are from FORE or possible relative/s or friends or even possibly proceeds from financial crime or criminal activity? Does No Case Norm know or care?

Interesting but not unexpected turn of events IMO. The Greece connection emerges from the shadows, doubt this was done with a Greek based 'GO FUND ME'!

MOO
IMO, Richard Weinstein of Weinstein & Wisser did an excellent job. See page 4 and 5 of a succinct 5 page reply: "As to request 7, Judge Budzik has already ruled that the source of funds for criminal defense and a private investigator is not privileged, and the responses included a claim that the defendant lacked knowledge as to who was paying for the criminal defense and private investigator, except that the funds were believed to be coming from Greece being channeled through an attorney in New York, and paid over to Attorney Pattis. Those records should be produced as they are not privileged."

Love this. FD, MT and No Case Norm and the "attorney in New York" and the banker who sent/received wires from Greece (any bank operating in the U.S. must have Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Audits) - you are all cooked. Say hello to jail time and up to $500k in fines for facilitating AML, even by doing as little as turning a blind eye to suspicious activity. Since 9/11, all foreign wires are monitored (transactions easily identified by ABA/Routing Numbers). "Known or should have known" includes the lowliest bank teller processing the wire. But I think only a high net worth banker would have the authority to put through a wire to Greece - as it is not an international mecca (maybe it went through the UK first) and FORE is relatively small potatoes for a commercial account, particularly as FORE never had any significant commercial lines of credit. IMO, the dots have already been connected - elegantly and simply as "request 7". MOO.

I just don't believe it's that convoluted. Is FD really that stupid? Apparently, yes. Not to know about the surveillance cameras and driving around that area in a very upscale truck with phone pings going on....Every single thing he did is in conflict with the absurd Gone Girl and Revenge Suicide theories. It doesn't make sense to me that he would try to have someone caught the way you describe...just dispose of mops, sponge, t-shirt and bra with the body, wherever JD is. Unless she was also taken to Albany Ave, then things make more sense. The sociopath is devious but not necessarily smart. I just don't think FD did a whole lot of mental gymnastics. IMO.

Just for thought...

With as much time as I've spent on Albany Avenue, being scared out of my wits, I never knew there were cameras there or around Hartford and I've lived here for 12 years. To the contrary, I was in a hit and run in the town I live in a few years ago and when I asked about cameras, I was told they didn't have them. Reports about FD/MT's odyssey was the first time I heard of them but I still didn't know how extensive and high quality this system was. In July, I was in another hit and run (my 3rd in 2 years) on Park Street, another very scary area like Albany Avenue. Talking with the police officer who responded, the camera right across the street and several others up and down the street were pointed out to me. I thought for a minute about that other hit and run, that I live in a very desirable area with extremely high taxes, and how Hartford has cameras and yet my town doesn't. Within minutes the command center let the officer know they had footage. It wasn't until a few days after this that I read the extensive story in the Middletown Press about Hartford's cameras in relation to this case that I finally understood what they were capable of.

Last edited:
Search for Jennifer Dulos reaches 3 months, but grassroots effort remains strong
Our hope is that people will see this and they’ll talk about it,” Mercede said. “We need to continue to get the word out there and keep this going, so that maybe someone out there will see this and come forward with something that can help this investigation.”
Since June, Mercede said he’s persuaded hundreds of businesses — from Stamford to Wilton — to place flyers in storefront windows. Seven pizza places have also agreed to distribute the flyers with pizza deliveries.
“Let’s find her,” Mercede said. “That could be your wife, your mom, your sister or your daughter. She has five kids waiting for her, so let’s find her.”
In July, New Canaan Police Lt. Jason Ferraro said the volume of daily tips has declined, though there were “still a consistent number coming in each day.”
New Canaan Police Chief Leon Krolikowski has repeatedly said investigators will not rest until they find Jennifer Dulos — and expects more charges to be filed.
But little new information has been released this month. However, legal sparring has continued between State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo and Fotis Dulos’ attorney, Norm Pattis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix