Found Deceased WY - Aubree Corona, 28, did not return to campsite, Sublette County, 13 Jul 2019

SBM for focus.

I think the criticism for LEO is based on the idea that they did not look at the whole picture. Yes, she did not appear for the test. But, she was also seen at two places and had interactions with more people (trucker who she was following, etc) that she was lost and confused about returning to her camping area. Without going point by point, she hadn't had bank withdraws either. She was in a wilderness area with few resources to leave the area. That says that she was in trouble to me. By all accounts of those who know her, she wouldn't leave like that or leave her kids with 10 other people in a remote camping area if she was going to disappear.

I am not sure if they how long it would have taken to find her given her location but the lack of resources being linked to her failing to appear breathalyzer and her being on the run has not made sense from the beginning. Aubree (and, in fact, all who go missing) deserved to have resources allotted. In other threads here where people go missing the resources given can be huge and sweeping for the person lost (woman in Hawaii and others) with a positive effect on survival. Aubree deserved more-- it may have made a difference between her living and dying. JMHO.

You make some good points. I'd like to know what search and rescue policy is in the area in general. I learned that in HI the authorities stop searching after something like two days. So it's up to volunteers.

The vehicle was found a couple of miles away from the last verified sighting.
LE could of re-evaluated the information known to them at that time, and started searching once again.
They chose not to and I believe that is directly related to the PBT factor.

I've searched the forum and can't find Aubree's "last verified sighting." Where was it?

The vehicle was found a couple of miles away from the last verified sighting.
LE could of re-evaluated the information known to them at that time, and started searching once again.
They chose not to and I believe that is directly related to the PBT factor.

I thought they did start searching again, once they found her vehicle.

Fremont County Sheriff’s Office shares information on Aubree Corona’s discovery | County 10™

Vehicle found Aug 17th. Large search organized by two sheriff’s departments and began Aug 18th.

One thing that I wonder. Was getting lost like this part of her normal behavior? If not, could there have been some rapid-onset medical problem that made her confused? People her age can get strokes, etc.

Recent information indicated that the last confirmed sighting of Aubree Corona was a couple of hours after she had been seen in Dubois, and was a matter of a few miles from where Aubree Corona’s vehicle was located by a passer-by on August 17th, 2019.

Fremont County Sheriff’s Office shares information on Aubree Corona’s discovery | County 10™

Ok, thanks. Without quotes or link, I didn't realize the first sentence came from an MMS who is apparently quoting LE.
(I find it interesting that the Frontier County Sheriff's Office appears to release their news statements through the news website, County10, then link the resulting articles back to the Sheriff's FB page.)

So if I understand correctly, in all LE statements until this one, the last place Aubree was seen was Dubois. This article is the first and only time that we've been told they just recently learned of a new "last confirmed sighting" of Aubree, not far from where she was found. The details and location of this sighting have not been released.

Ok, thanks. Without quotes or link, I didn't realize the first sentence came from an MMS who is apparently quoting LE.
(I find it interesting that the Frontier County Sheriff's Office appears to release their news statements through the news website, County10, then link the resulting articles back to the Sheriff's FB page.)

So if I understand correctly, in all LE statements until this one, the last place Aubree was seen was Dubois. This article is the first and only time that we've been told they just recently learned of a new "last confirmed sighting" of Aubree, not far from where she was found. The details and location of this sighting have not been released.

That is my understanding as well.

My car wouldn't crank today. I've helped drop a transmission, change my own oil, battery and tires etc. But my 1st response was to start crying Lol I have a lot a lot of heavy things on my plate just now, this made me really late, when I was already late for something I was handling for someone else of course. I ran inside & grabbed the bf. Know what it was? The cable on my battery was loose. I would've caught it myself had I looked but I'd grown so upset already I just got out and went in the house for help. I find it almost impossible to blv Audrey wouldn't check under the hood at some point. Meltdown maybe, have a fit probably but just not look at all? Seems unlikely. She knew she was alone, she was also familiar with a vehicle according to the VI, her own family member. I'm waiting to hear more before I go off on a tangent. I'm praying for your family dear Aubree you deserved better than this & your family tried so very hard.
I'm upset with LE surely they had funding to search a little more than 2 days, come on? I may need to sit on my hands.

One thing that I wonder. Was getting lost like this part of her normal behavior? If not, could there have been some rapid-onset medical problem that made her confused? People her age can get strokes, etc.

I believe we’ve been told that Aubree was quite directionally challenged. I can relate as I am also very good at getting lost. I believe if getting lost was out of the ordinary that would have been raised as alarming by the family.

This involved two Sheriff's offices.
Aubree disappeared from Sublette County who appeared to take the lead.
Disorientated/Lost, she crossed over to Fremont County via Union Pass.

Sublette County Sheriff's office does not dispute the Fremont County Sheriff's office statement.

This means, whether released or not to the public, the last sighting of her was a couple of miles from where the vehicle was located.

Aubree was found 1.3 miles from the vehicle. That's not very far in terms of distance for a healthy young adult. Is there any suspicion of foul play?

ETA- reading further news stories, I see the Sheriff states there is no foul play suspected. I'll wait for results of the autopsy before posting further.

Last edited:
1.3 miles can seem pretty far and take a lot of time to navigate if you’re in dense terrain/forest and lost!
I got lost recently in the northern Minnesota woods while bushwhacking looking for berries, it changed my perspective a lot for some of these cases!

1.3 miles can seem pretty far and take a lot of time to navigate if you’re in dense terrain/forest and lost!
I got lost recently in the northern Minnesota woods while bushwhacking looking for berries, it changed my perspective a lot for some of these cases!

But would she have been bushwhacking? She drove in—wouldn’t she be backtracking along the road she came on?

Aubree was found 1.3 miles from the vehicle. That's not very far in terms of distance for a healthy young adult. Is there any suspicion of foul play?

ETA- reading further news stories, I see the Sheriff states there is no foul play suspected. I'll wait for results of the autopsy before posting further.

If she was dehydrated when walking on a rutted road, she may have fallen and hurt herself or fallen down an embankment and hurt herself. Shock in relation to dehydration or from an injury can be deadly if you get to stage III. Additionally, a broken ankle or leg in those conditions would mean that she might be unable to walk to safety. A major injury in backcountry can easily be fatal if you have no access to medical help/evacuation and don't have training in emergency care for professionals or through targeted training like Wilderness and Remote First Aid (a Red Cross training), depending on the circumstances, training may be of no help.

Last edited:
While I can totally understand the frustration, disappointment and anger people feel toward LE when such a tragic ending is the result of a search/investigation, I think we all need to remember that life, crimes and other things needing LE are still going on the entire time. There are only so many resources and so many people that can be dedicated to ONE case. In my opinion only, Aubree was prioritized until it wasn't feasible or possible to prioritize her. Until, and if, we are able to know the cause and approximate time of her death blame shouldn't be pointed in any direction. Hindsight is always eagle eyed.

While I can totally understand the frustration, disappointment and anger people feel toward LE when such a tragic ending is the result of a search/investigation, I think we all need to remember that life, crimes and other things needing LE are still going on the entire time. There are only so many resources and so many people that can be dedicated to ONE case. In my opinion only, Aubree was prioritized until it wasn't feasible or possible to prioritize her. Until, and if, we are able to know the cause and approximate time of her death blame shouldn't be pointed in any direction. Hindsight is always eagle eyed.

I understand priorities and all. But, IIRC, the family was encouraged to NOT act as to not get in the way of LE. If they were not going to search due to resources, Aubree's family may have organized a group(s) to search. They might not have found her but they would have felt positive that they did what they could do.

I understand priorities and all. But, IIRC, the family was encouraged to NOT act as to not get in the way of LE. If they were not going to search due to resources, Aubree's family may have organized a group(s) to search. They might not have found her but they would have felt positive that they did what they could do.

Sounds reasonable, of course, and if it were me and mine I'd be hard pressed not to do everything in my power including organizing searches to find my loved on. Very sticky wicket though should it turn out to be a crime scene - which they "don't think it is" in this instance - and valuable evidence is compromised by zealous searchers ( such as I would be).

Sounds reasonable, of course, and if it were me and mine I'd be hard pressed not to do everything in my power including organizing searches to find my loved on. Very sticky wicket though should it turn out to be a crime scene - which they "don't think it is" in this instance - and valuable evidence is compromised by zealous searchers ( such as I would be).
Your posts are true and logical. However my emotions are not, and in this case I agree with TristanP. Though we don't know how Aubree died yet, if she laid out there and died alone due to an injury, I'm going to really wonder if LE did all they could to find her as quickly as possible. If my heart hurts this way, I can't imagine how her family feels :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cashmeoutside
Back