Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I've thought of along those lines? I wonder if Bryer held a deep resentment towards his father, even hatred? It sure seems that Bryer used him for things in recent times. AS is homeless, but bought him $100 cologne, before that it was the expensive airsoft rifle, and probably a host of other things AS hasn't publicly mentioned. I don't doubt that AS loved his son, but maybe he was also trying to buy his affection, and there's not a kid on earth that doesn't realize it when that happens. Some will even take full advantage.

Maybe Bryer was angry at him for reasons we aren't privy to? I know that sometimes kids of divorce end up realizing just who was the supportive parent, (even if they had conflicts with that parent). I'm a child of divorce, and it was in my later teen years that I learned which parent had my back, put a roof over my head and clothes on my back, and who was the "fun" parent with less rules.

All just my own random thoughts of course.
If AS was trying to buy BS's attention, I agree it was because he did love him, but his own issues had interfered with his parenting and left him struggling to maintain a relationship with his son through bribery. Bryer had moved in with him but went back to Port Alberni and then had to live with Maternal Grandmother due to issues living with his mother and with his father. The fact that he mentioned the things he paid for tells me he probably struggled to put together the money to get them for Bryer as well.

You're probably right. As we've talked about on here, even if cost wasn't an issue, I seriously doubt either of them would have been able to have an open casket or been viewed by family anyway.

Besides, most Canadians are cremated these days anyway. Those bodies would have been a mess.

Look at the email... look at her email address that is blacked out.... it's not a @gmail email. I'm thinking most likely she forwarded the email to a gmail account (whether the reporter or news station or whoever)
As AS's lawyer she would have forwarded the email reply to him. The email was sent to Alan's google account if you see at the top. He printed it and has shared it with media. On another note the 'next of kin' basically is also to whom the body is 'released' and RCMP said it was released to Bryer's mother. Released means the person who will arrange to have the body shipped home for burial or arrange for cremation in Winnipeg and the ashes sent.

So far I think the most popular speculation is that they asked to be buried together. Good luck with that.

A Last Will and Testament only directs where one’s property goes and doesn’t include burial instructions. That’s referred to as Funeral Wishes.

That’s one reason l question the anonymous source who specifically said other family members heard a 30 portion of video consisting of a Last Will and Testament. That seems rather bizarre as opposed to saying something general such as “goodbyes and final wishes”. Two people and only 30 seconds, that’s very brief.

ETA - if such a video exists, perhaps B directed his comments specifically only to his mother and/or grandmother? If so, AS has no right to watch it.

Last edited:
As AS's lawyer she would have forwarded the email reply to him. The email was sent to Alan's google account if you see at the top. He printed it and has shared it with media. On another note the 'next of kin' basically is also to whom the body is 'released' and RCMP said it was released to Bryer's mother. Released means the person who will arrange to have the body shipped home for burial or arrange for cremation in Winnipeg and the ashes sent.

I strongly suspect they were cremated in Winnipeg. I wonder what BS and KM's wishes for their bodies were exactly? If they wanted burial, I doubt very much that would have happened. Not that I care much for whatever their wishes would have been or whether or not their wishes were fulfilled.

I didn't really think about what happens with burying the bodies of murderers, but it sounds like there are usually issues if a burial is required. Maybe AS was not allowed to see where BS was buried because he would leak the information very fast, or even worse, show with a news crew. Location of murderers graves are often kept secret, but AS could have easily been allowed to attend a memorial and funeral for his son at the least. https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article85632377.html

I initially thought the cologne was an odd request--other that the suit, Bryer's clothes/appearance always look very utilitarian in photos, even more so than Kam, with his fondness for quirky T-shirts--but after we all talked about how weirdly spiffy he and Kam looked in the store surveillance footage after they were on the run, I started to think maybe he genuinely did want cologne. I don't know. MOO

It's all so weird! The weird formalities mentioned.

I mean if he was going militia, they wouldn't be wearing cologne in the bush? And for who? I guess for himself? Strange, just strange.

I just think over $100 for "something" and he wanted cologne? Why not at least ask for some good runners or hiking boots? Can't wrap my head around it.

You know what I've thought of along those lines? I wonder if Bryer held a deep resentment towards his father, even hatred? It sure seems that Bryer used him for things in recent times. AS is homeless, but bought him $100 cologne, before that it was the expensive airsoft rifle, and probably a host of other things AS hasn't publicly mentioned. I don't doubt that AS loved his son, but maybe he was also trying to buy his affection, and there's not a kid on earth that doesn't realize it when that happens. Some will even take full advantage.

Maybe Bryer was angry at him for reasons we aren't privy to? I know that sometimes kids of divorce end up realizing just who was the supportive parent, (even if they had conflicts with that parent). I'm a child of divorce, and it was in my later teen years that I learned which parent had my back, put a roof over my head and clothes on my back, and who was the "fun" parent with less rules.

All just my own random thoughts of course.

I wouldn't be surprised. Even from what we know we can see why he would be angry. I'm sure as he got older, despite being emotionally stunted, he got more perspective on the fighting that had gone on. We know from the court records that his dad at least had a lot of the blame in that situation for escalating it. It's likely (JMO) that Bryer had even seen his dad get arrested in front of him, which can definitely cause a loss of respect. Maybe Bryer even told Kam some things and Kam was like "yeah, that's not normal." Then from Bryer's perspective, his dad abandoned him for 8 years, not complying with the requirements to regain parental rights, only to come back and pretend everything was fine again. Any kid is going to have anger over that.

I'm am completely baffled about the $100 cologne. I do not believe that at all!

BS wanting brand name, designer cologne?? And AS had to mail it to him IIRC? That is so fishy to me. I do not think it was actual cologne. I thought maybe it was pot lol

I don't think Bryer ever asked to mail it. His dad asked if he should mail it, I think, but Bryer never responded. It wouldn't be that expensive for a graduation + birthday present and the 19th birthday is a milestone birthday in Canada (drinking age). What does seem unusual is that he would ask for it if this was planned. Usually people who have decided to commit suicide have little attachment to belongings.

I initially thought the cologne was an odd request--other that the suit, Bryer's clothes/appearance always look very utilitarian in photos, even more so than Kam, with his fondness for quirky T-shirts--but after we all talked about how weirdly spiffy he and Kam looked in the store surveillance footage after they were on the run, I started to think maybe he genuinely did want cologne. I don't know. MOO

I don't think it's that unusual for guys of that age, especially if they were hoping to improve their chances in the dating world.

Besides, most Canadians are cremated these days anyway. Those bodies would have been a mess.

Would these two have been twisted enough to not shoot themselves with a mortal wound? We have assumed they shot themselves in head or mouth I guess from BS's post that time.

Wonder if it's possible they shot a main artery to bleed out? Just seems like more melodrama I could see these two doing for some reason!

Last edited:

I mean if he was going militia, they wouldn't be wearing cologne in the bush? And for who? I guess for himself? Strange, just strange.

I just think over $100 for "something" and he wanted cologne? Why not at least ask for some good runners or hiking boots? Can't wrap my head around it.
The timing of the cologne makes me wonder when buying it was discussed with his dad in relation to when Bryer and Kam decided to set out. Like, I wonder if he mentioned it to his dad when he last saw him in June, but then he and Kam made plans to leave only in July, and he just never thought of his dad bringing it or he forgot about the request. Or maybe he knew all along his dad was going to bring it, and he didn't really care that his dad was inconvenienced and wouldn't be able to give it to him. It's so odd.

NO, they asked the lawyer to keep it private, because the RCMP never officially stated there is a video.
This case has been a real eye-opener in regard to how the RCMP respond to and disseminate information! Pretty much the entire world was informed of a video days ago, but they were wanting to keep this secret as well. I had questioned previously why it took so long for them to disclose that there was a phone with a message, as it took several days for this info to emerge from when the bodies were reportedly found. (Maybe it was like the keys, ignored and then retrieved days later!)

A Last Will and Testament only directs where one’s property goes and doesn’t include burial instructions. That’s referred to as Funeral Wishes.

That’s one reason l question the anonymous source who specifically said other family members heard a 30 portion of video consisting of a Last Will and Testament. That seems rather bizarre as opposed to saying something general such as “goodbyes and final wishes”. Two people and only 30 seconds, that’s very brief.

ETA - if such a video exists, perhaps B directed his comments specifically only to his mother and/or grandmother? If so, AS has no right to watch it.

That is strange but it was the anonymous source close to the family who called it a "last will and testament" to the news, so perhaps they weren't using the legal definition. Some of us speculated that Kam and Bryer actually used the phrase in the video, as it sounds like the kind of weird thing Bryer would say in the vein of "speak of politics."

Yeah...more evidence that it wasn't planned IMO.

Would these two have been twisted enough to not shoot themselves with a moral wound? We have assumed they shot themselves in head or mouth I guess from BS's post that time.

Wonder if it's possible they shot a main artery to bleed out? Just seems like more melodrama I could see these two doing for some reason!
I know some people shoot themselves in the chest rather than the head because they don't like the idea of messing up their face--it's more common in women, I think. And I only really hear about it with handguns. I'd think a self-inflicted rifle or a shotgun wound to the chest would be hard to pull off due to the barrel length. MOO

Would these two have been twisted enough to not shoot themselves with a moral wound? We have assumed they shot themselves in head or mouth I guess from BS's post that time.

I think they would have shot each other, facing each other, counting then both pull triggers? Easy to ensure barrel in position and both die at same time??

A shot to the head/mouth is a closed casket type of wound. That would be totally messed up if they did that, but if they did, I doubt it was on purpose.

I mean it's possible, but I still think those bodies would have been falling apart. They'd been dead for several days in the bush, out in the elements. Not to be gross, but decomp would have set in and it wouldn't be surprising if animals and bugs hadn't started to make meals out of them. Never mind the bears, there are tons and tons of scavenger birds up in Northern Manitoba...crows, ravens, turkey vultures...one thing I can say with near certainty, those bodies wouldn't have been in any shape for a traditional funeral.

Sorry if that's gross.

A bank account, personal items such as jewelry or keepsakes, books, who knows... the air soft gun and anything on him is probably in evidence so that’s off the table.
I can't imagine the airsoft gun would be of any use as evidence unless he used it to assault or kill somebody in the case! It most probably was left at home or burnt in the truck. Maybe they bequeathed their game accounts, logins etc, we will probably never know!

I think they would have shot each other, facing each other, counting then both pull triggers? Easy to ensure barrel in position and both die at same time??

That sounds...error-prone. I guess it might seem appealing to them though, because of their bond with each other. JMO.

I mean it's possible, but I still think those bodies would have been falling apart. They'd been dead for several days in the bush, out in the elements. Not to be gross, but decomp would have set in and it wouldn't be surprising if animals and bugs hadn't started to make meals out of them. Never mind the bears, there are tons and tons of scavenger birds up in Northern Manitoba...crows, ravens, turkey vultures...one thing I can say with near certainty, those bodies wouldn't have been in any shape for a traditional funeral.

Sorry if that's gross.

Let's put it this way...once I saw an intact roadkill opossum in my town. Two days later it was 90% skeletonized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangomitten