Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the State's theory is that they were assisting one another in concealing their participation in Jennifer's murder, each of them being a third party to the other person. Remember, at that time the State did not know the extent of MT 's participation in the actual murder (or maybe it did!). So it would make sense to charge them this way. I strongly believe more charges are coming, but if each of them was covering up the murder for one another, I can see how they are charged with both counts.

If they feel both were involved then yes, MT would be the third party for FD's hindering charge and vice versa.

However, these charges are typically in conjunction with an underlying crime/additional charges of the third party. Because they have to prove an underlying crime against a real person.

So if they can't prove MT was directly involved in harming JD, hindering likely goes away for FD.

I too believe more charges will eventually come. But if they don't before the hindering charges are tried, I think it will be tough.

Tampering seems like a slam dunk.

JMHO but I would expect the father of MT's daughter to modify whatever custody agreement they have & jet their child out of this swamp....

JMHO YMMV LRR
Ha! Swamp! You made me spit my tea out my nose. Connecticut is a swamp. Literally. It's built in a swamp. No matter how much modern technology combats things, it's why our fruit and vegetables mold extremely fast, we have mildew everywhere, foundations that sink, unusable basements (stored my Christmas ornaments down there first year we lived here and lost them all to mildew), and mosquitos everywhere. The City of New Britain's official name was once "The Great Swamp Society."

Sorry that I missed this point.. were FD and MT at a hotel when picked up by police? If so, why would they have chosen to stay there?

Your thoughts?
FO and HO are broke. Avon motels are cheap accommodations. It has all been smoke and mirrors, no Greek tycoon, just sister's husband who is a Rear Admiral (retired). Bowman and Urso and Riccio are the only attorneys who got an upfront retainer. FO could not make 50k for bail. HO went to NYC childhood friend for money. No such luck. FO and HO were promising their aiders and abettors a cut of the Sturbridge proceeds. While simultaneously tainting the sales value of the jewel in the crown by turning it into a crime scene. It is about a 20 to 40 minute walk/jog to Waveny and Welles and the only place in New Canaan where FO can dig a preplanned grave and fill it himself. I'm sure FO has surrounded himself and cultivated employees who, for one reason or another, choose not to notice the raging maniac and his corrupt practices, believing, perhaps with reason, that FO's cynical approach to handling legal matters is, in fact, the heartless reality of those in power in CT. MOO. MOO. More MOO.

Last edited:
Excellent post and I agree with you on everything you said. However, there is another case on Websleuths about Patrick Frazee (in Colorado) charged with killing the mother of his child - Kelsey Berreth- and involved in that case is Krystal Kenney who did the clean-up of the murder scene (and admitted she did), and was well aware Frazee wanted Kelsey killed as she (Krystal Kenney) had been solicited 3 times by Frazee to kill Kelsey, and she has been offered a deal for her testimony against Frazee. Of course, we do not know what the deal consists of yet as it hasn't been to trial yet. The reason I mention this case of Patrick Frazee is because it has a similar scenario. Of course, one of the biggest differences IMO is that Patrick and Kelsey were not married (like JD and FD) but they did have a child together, and then of course, there is the other player - Krystal Kenney. So, thought I'd share as it makes me uncertain as to what, if anything, MT may be sentenced to in the end (especially if she "cooperates") (And Kelsey's body has yet to be found either)
Along these lines, and perhaps in contrast, those in CT likely recall a recent case where NP got a plea deal for hindering prosecution for Jennifer Valiante, who helped clean up after Kyle Navin killed his parents. (somebody on here said they used the Navins for their trash collection). There was no cooperation with the state in this case.

Here’s NP in the HC doing his thing on that case:
“At most, [Jennifer] was present in the house when Jeffrey Navin was murdered, but there is no evidence that she conspired in the murders,” Pattis said when Valiante accepted the plea deal last November. “There is a great deal of evidence that she didn’t know that [Kyle] was killing them that day, but there is evidence that she she helped clean up afterwards.”

“DiJospeh added the state didn’t make a deal with Valiante to get her to testify against Kyle Navin. He pleaded guilty on the eve of his trial, but she was not expected to testify against him.”

“This deal in no way contemplated having her testify against Kyle Navin because there was a massive amount of evidence against him without her testimony,” DiJoseph said.

Called "Lady MacBeth" Of Navin Murders, Jennifer Valiante Gets 8 Years In Prison

I think I made a mistake or I'm lost! I was looking for the response to the motion. Let me check out the media thread!
There hasn’t been a response yet, that I’ve seen. I need to go back and review the last hearing on 8/9, I believe a timeline for Colangelo’s response was discussed at the end of the hearing and I remember thinking that more details were going to emerge at the next hearing on 9/13. They also talked about dates for a response to the gag order, too (this was where NP asked for “the weekend” rather than a Friday deadline, if anyone remembers the dates discussed at that point).

Along these lines, and perhaps in contrast, those in CT likely recall a recent case where NP got a plea deal for hindering prosecution for Jennifer Valiante, who helped clean up after Kyle Navin killed his parents. (somebody on here said they used the Navins for their trash collection). There was no cooperation with the state in this case.

Here’s NP in the HC doing his thing on that case:
“At most, [Jennifer] was present in the house when Jeffrey Navin was murdered, but there is no evidence that she conspired in the murders,” Pattis said when Valiante accepted the plea deal last November. “There is a great deal of evidence that she didn’t know that [Kyle] was killing them that day, but there is evidence that she she helped clean up afterwards.”

“DiJospeh added the state didn’t make a deal with Valiante to get her to testify against Kyle Navin. He pleaded guilty on the eve of his trial, but she was not expected to testify against him.”

“This deal in no way contemplated having her testify against Kyle Navin because there was a massive amount of evidence against him without her testimony,” DiJoseph said.

Called "Lady MacBeth" Of Navin Murders, Jennifer Valiante Gets 8 Years In Prison
Thanks for sharing this. I was not aware of this case.

There hasn’t been a response yet, that I’ve seen. I need to go back and review the last hearing on 8/9, I believe a timeline for Colangelo’s response was discussed at the end of the hearing and I remember thinking that more details were going to emerge at the next hearing on 9/13. They also talked about dates for a response to the gag order, too (this was where NP asked for “the weekend” rather than a Friday deadline, if anyone remembers the dates discussed at that point).

Yeah I think initially I was asking @afitzy about the civil motions. It may be two motions. One to get the older two kids an attorney and the other for a psych evaluation of GF.

I responded about the motion for a psych evaluation. As to the motion for an attorney for the older kids it seems this "unusual person" (websleuths speak for any term we are not allowed to use), is confident in his control and brainwashing of his kids. He also seems to be unable to refrain from fighting to maintain that control despite clearly facing ultimate homicide charges.

It's gross. He is so worried about forcing those babies to water ski. I mean at a time like this he can't let go of even that nonsense.

The kids have lost their mother. You are facing the fight of your life. You've lost your kids. But you're concerned about maintaining control over their extracurriculars? I mean I'm simplifying but that's one of his issues according to his attorney. It's delusional. Insane. Evil.

I later asked about a response to the motion to dismiss. That motion was filed in late July so I thought there would be a response by now but it depends on when the hearing will be. Typically a response has to be filed about 10 days before. When's the hearing?

I'm eager to see how the state responds to NP's motion and points about no third party or probable underlying crime FD assisted with. They will know all the cases that will be applicable to interpreting the law and they will have to reveal something about their strategy and how close we are to homicide charges. Which i think is what NP is trying to figure out, with this motion. He's forcing their hand.

Maybe because it was close to home? Her daughter would have still been in school. LE had served a search warrant for his home in Farmington.
Jennifer Dulos’ estranged husband, his girlfriend, arrested in disappearance case

So the police had to track them down?

This is odd to me...bc...then why did FD return to one of his homes to live after released on bail? Why wasn't he and MT at one of his homes rather than at a motel...
What was the thinking behind that?

Make sense?

So...

Sorry that I missed this point.. were FD and MT at a hotel when picked up by police? If so, why would they have chosen to stay there?

Your thoughts?
Yes, its is believed that MT and FD were arrested at the Marriott in Avon as LE had demanded that they leave 4Jx as it was subject to a warrant. We haven't seen all the warrants because they are sealed until mid September but press were on hand and took pictures of the hotel in Avon. This same hotel in Avon is where MT is believed to be presenting staying.

Thanks for all this. I’m going to make an addition here, because I think it will raise its ugly head again as this case progresses.
The search warrant references a storm drain at Albany and Gardner, also the address used by DA in his HC article about DD, knife, pillow, crack etc..., yet the Hartford FireChief is standing at a drain at Albany and Adams-in front of the bakery. In the news interview he says, at that time, it is the only storm drain that LE asked them to investigate and go into. He also says he will continue to help if asked. I found it odd, given the huge presence required for the investigation, ie the number of trucks and fireman present, that we never saw another drain searched. Personally, had they searched another, I think it would have drawn the same amount of attention.
I know next to nothing about sewer drains but for my own neighborhoods. In CT there were times they were basically dry. Same thing where I live now. Should we assume that all those drains around Albany Ave. had water in them? Was it just that new drain that required someone in a wet suit accompanied by the fire department? Fairly dramatic. Maybe I just don't get it?
I remember a time or 2 taking the grate off and retrieving something for one of my toddlers as they sobbed. Hangers,tongs, whatever it took to get the job done.
MOO.

Yes, its is believed that MT and FD were arrested at the Marriott in Avon as LE had demanded that they leave 4Jx as it was subject to a warrant. We haven't seen all the warrants because they are sealed until mid September but press were on hand and took pictures of the hotel in Avon. This same hotel in Avon is where MT is believed to be presenting staying.

GOTCHA!

Thanks for all of this!

This is odd to me...bc...then why did FD return to one of his homes to live after released on bail? Why wasn't he and MT at one of his homes rather than at a motel...

Make sense?

So...
His other houses in Farmington are empty and listed for sale. We also don't know what LE told him about staying in the other houses as we know LE were all over 80 MS house. My bet is they told him he couldn't enter any of the houses. So, he had to go to hotel.

Make sense?
None of his other houses were furnished.
All spec houses.
It's a Resident's Inn.
Not plush but comfortable.
And near to many delicious restaurants.
Trust me. They aren't slumming it.
MOO.

I couldn't find a date for state's attorney's response to the motion to dismiss the charges, but have in my notes that they "would discuss this at the September 13th hearing." Again, from notes, NP's response to the gag order was 8/19 and State's Attorney is 9/3--tomorrow.

He's scary.

I hope he never gets to see his kids again unless it's when he's safely behind bars.

And I hope the court limits the info he gets about them because I think any tidbit can be unsafe for him to have. Finding out when they go to school and where. Accidental listing of their next dental or doctor appointment.
I'm less worried about his self-serving use of info about his poor kids (although we all know he will do it and publicize it regardless of the damage to them), than I am about his ability to track his kids.
I feel he is an absolute danger to them.
My bet is he will be able to have limited information, though, about their education and health.
GF needs armed guards at all times around them and her.

I agree with every single thing you said. I think he's an "if I can't have them, no one else can either" kinda guy (plus it would be an opportunity to inflict more pain upon GF). I could also see him having GF killed. It sounds so crazy & dramatic but honestly I feel he's an evil wolf in expensive sheep's clothing and capable of anything.[/QUOTE]
I would also be afraid of the extended Greek family ...

I too am not sold on Sturbridge or MS being involved.
IMO- If he did the killing ( I’m going w killing because I think it’s a foregone conclusion), it was preplanned using minimal risks for exposure or discovery as its main criteria. The borrowed truck and license plates are direct evidence of this. And IMO the tape used on the plates points to a lack of sophistication. I think someone who is able to execute a dismemberment in a hermetically sealed room is a different caliber.
Don’t get me wrong, FD is a narcissistic psychopath IMO and most likely a murderer, but I think he would have fumbled at perfecting that kind of crime scene. ( I wish he had tried it!) I think he’s more of a “keep it simple stupid” (KISS) kind of guy. Buying/gathering plastic, tape, sharp instruments, tarps, jumpsuits etc is just too much. It’s too messy-Each can be traced, he could forget something, there is more evidence to consider. And then the element of time. Time required to transport, dismember and dispose. And more time increases risk of exposure. This is only one of the problems associated with using either of these properties, the other came straight from FD own mouth. He knew he would be a suspect. He just didn’t know when.

IMO steps to KISS
1. Get her when absolutely positive she is alone-after dropping kids at school-on return home.
2. Borrow vehicle / change plates
3. Hit her out of sight in garage
4. Dispose of body in preplanned “grave”
A. On property or within walking distance. Have more than one “grave” prepared, on water or land.
B or transport in borrowed vehicle only
Do not transport in her own car because do not want to leave any possible evidence of death/decomposition that ruins step5.
5. Move her truck to park to make it look like abduction ( murderer or accomplice drives)
6. Go to your worksite and turn phone on to establish some alibi.

IMO With time available, it’s pretty much been run down that he could have pulled it off alone, or had an accomplice. Either way, he was still tripped up by one thing, the unexpected exsanguination. This is where I think we see more ‘negative’ evidence that he did not do a dismemberment in the garage -or anywhere else: the reported sponges and mops in the Albany cans. It appears he used cleaning items found in her home and then washed at her sink. If he was planning a dismemberment, he would have had his own supplies and been ready to cover himself and clean himself off. Yes, he could have successfully disposed of them in the trash run, but the risk/time argument still wins. It’s a big No to staying in garage for any length of time. The sloppy clean up is evidence of how fast he left.
Same thing for Sturbridge and 80MS-a big No -if considering risk. He had no idea how fast JD would be reported missing, no idea when someone might happen upon a plastic covered room, before or during use.
IMO , his best bet was keeping it simple.

Adding either of those properties as an additional crime scene would arguably make it more complex. The early morning noise may have been coincidental. At that point JD was known to be missing. Why create that level of noise and potentially draw an aggravated neighbor or LE to you, if you’re knee deep in evidence. It makes no sense. The noise could have been more indirectly related to the crime. Breaking a murder weapon or something apart?

That brings me to my most outlying theory. I started this monologue with “if he did the killing”. I still think a theory of another perpetrator has not been disproven. I’m still following the money and the other newly introduced possible players. FD is neck deep in shark infested financial troubles.
He may have caused the murder, cleaned up and covered up. We know hands down he disposed of evidence. The early morning noise may have been other unknown items he was dismantling.

I have to keep reminding myself of the surprises that have dribbled out in the past months- namely a lawyer buddy with suspicious wife activities and an overseas money source- to remember Anything is possible!
But none of this takes away from the person FD has proven himself to be. Moo moo

FD killed her. Period. While I agree with some of your observations, they do not account for two very significant facts. 1.FD removed and intentionally discarded, in a location I believe he knew would it disappear quickly (like the "garbage" evidence ) the mat to JENNIFER'S SUV. Throwing it away only brought unnecessary attention to himself, so he had to do it for a reason. He carefully placed it against a restaurant wall for the homeless people to quickly find because it had evidence of a crime. That intentional discard establishes Jennifer was either attacked in the SUV or transported in it. But LE has said the struggle was in the garage, and has said nothing about a struggle in the SUV. That kind of violent struggle would not just be on one mat, it would be elsewhere in the SUV. IMO he got rid of the mat because Jennifer's body came in contact with it. 2.If FD simply buried Jennifer in a preselected grave, why did he remove her shirt? Again, there would be absolutely no reason to do so if he was burying in a place no one would locate. If he wasn't expecting her body to be found, taking off her shirt would not be necessary and in fact, would create additional evidence for him to have to dispose of. Why would he do that?

The other consideration is would he really drive up to Jennifer's home in that red truck to load up her body? Under your hypothesis, he would have to have done that. Now, that is a boatload of risk. Witnesses don't always remember licenses plate #s. They do remember "red truck". But he knew her SUV would cause no suspicion in the neighborhood. Nothing to see here, folks. I firmly believe FD came through the woods (did the poison ivy come from there?) and he left in Jennifer's SUV.

There is no "if he did it" in my mind. Zero. While none of us can know the extent of the evidence collected by LE to date, the undisputed evidence that has been disclosed, if established at trial, should lead to a murder conviction. I have not a single doubt about this conclusion. There is no mysterious Greek mafia. There is no malignant lawyer (although he will play into the narrative). There is just a cold-blooded narcissist who thinks he can game the system.

All apologies for my tenor. This guy really gets under my skin.

Last edited:
Search Warrants....So Many Dates...
As we enter September there several important dates...I was thinking about the search warrants again...From the Stamford Advocate:

Stamford Superior Court Judge John F. Blawie agreed on June 18 to seal every warrant connected with the case for 90 days.
“The court finds that due to the nature and circumstances of this case and the ongoing investigation, the state’s interest in continuing non-disclosure outweighs any right to public disclosure at this time,” Blawie wrote in his decision.

Officials at state Superior Court in Stamford said they do not know how many search warrants have been issued and executed as part of the eight-week investigation. It is also unclear whether attorneys representing Fotis Dulos and Troconis will be given access to the search warrants.
AND:
Colangelo can submit a request to extend the sealing order before the warrants are opened to public view on Sept. 18.
Search warrants remain sealed in Jennifer Dulos case

I personally would hate to see those search warrants continue to be sealed because, well, I'm curious. HOWEVER, wouldn't it be fun to see NP continue to be more and more agitated and uptight??? :p:p:p MOO

Last edited:
He is just a classic Sociopath. He did what he had to do in the early years. It gets hard wearing that mask though. What made him start behaving badly? He is a BAD person. He was ALWAYS bad to the core. They do not care what you have done for them. The people who have done the most for them are always the ones given the least respect and consideration. Those are the people a Sociopath tries to destroy. ALWAYS. Because, for one thing, those are the people who know the truth and those people must be destroyed before they expose you. I have tons of photos like the ones you reference. Him and me looked like we shined together. People envied our relationship. The pictures were amazing. I had no idea what was happening behind my back, on several different fronts. They are masters of deceit. They are NEVER happy no matter how good their life is. I also noticed the progression of how the ex looked in photos. It was stunning. FD was there for the money. I'm sure in the beginning he enjoyed being with Jennifer but her sweetness and compliance were just a bonus to the real reason he was with her. Eventually, when they have gotten whatever they can out of you, they tire of you and you are their worst enemy. The mask has been heavy and off it goes. For a while, there may have been some excitement on FD part about this relationship, but there was never a deep appreciation of JD and who she was. She was interchangeable with anybody. They don't love. At all. They don't give a @#$% what happens to you and will do whatever they can to destroy. He was bad from day one. She just didn't know it. IMO.
Sociopath / Narcopath - disregard for others, overall evil. (IMO) Question - could the upbringing in the (again MOO) unsavory aspects of the family tanning business in Turkey / Greece have any possible impact on his psyche and development into the adult today? I am quite uninformed in this expertise and it has crossed my mind many times ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member