Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
But was it posted to the dark web?

I have no idea about that. Yikes!
If they did that would be a complicated task wouldn’t it? And it would have been done before they died. If they were able to then maybe investigators were already trailing that.

I can see good reason for keeping a viewing only in person, but a local rcmp office in PA or Victoria might have achieved the same tight lid on the video. So, was there was something more regarding AS?

BC RCMP headquarters are in Surrey. So I would assume that the detectives handling the case are in Surrey, if that's where they made AS go to view the video.

---

By the way, I think it is highly unlikely that AS had contact with BS after leaving. He showed us the unanswered texts. He received no answer to texts sent on July 12, 13, 14, and 15. He would have said something if there was contact. His lawyer is mistaken, in my view.

That’s true...it was startlingly raw and honest and part of what drew so many of us to this case I suspect!

It's what got me into this case!

I have wondered ever since though about AS’s comments about Bryer trying to escape the pain and how AS wished he could have saved him and basically saying good bye.

Maybe I’m just reading too much into a troubled and upset dad’s remarks, but at the time Bryer was still alive as far as anybody knew. He could still be helped. And what pain? ADHD? Or is AS projecting his own frustrations at life onto his son?

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say Bryer was troubled. Someone who isn't troubled isn't making suicide threats since middle school and taking a picture of themselves with a gun in their mouth and posting it on social media. Also, we now know that Bryer and his dad typically talked every day, despite an eight-year absence from each others' lives, and we know that Bryer was a lot more open with his dad than he seemed to be with the rest of his family. For example he showed him the Nazi memorabilia and Russian rap videos that he was into. It also seems like his dad also may have known Kam, given he described both of them to the media, whereas Bryer seemed to keep Kam away from the rest of his family. So it's not too much of a stretch to say that maybe Bryer was more open about his issues with his dad also. Also, his dad may have known Bryer well enough to know he would never choose going to prison over suicide, especially given his family history with the legal system.

Also even if he was still alive, he was in an area with no cell coverage, so it's not like he would have seen the interview anyway.

By the way, I think it is highly unlikely that AS had contact with BS after leaving. He showed us the unanswered texts. He received no answer to texts sent on July 12, 13, 14, and 15. He would have said something if there was contact. His lawyer is mistaken, in my view.

That's what I think also. These articles are full of poor word choices that confuse people. If there was contact, I don't think he would have shown the unanswered texts.

BC RCMP headquarters are in Surrey. So I would assume that the detectives handling the case are in Surrey, if that's where they made AS go to view the video.

---

It could be as simple as the lawyer being in Vancouver, requesting the viewing at a location that would not require a trip on the ferry or a flight.

If there was contact subsequent to the texts shown in the media, it could have come in another form...a call, a letter, a package.

That’s true...it was startlingly raw and honest and part of what drew so many of us to this case I suspect!

I have wondered ever since though about AS’s comments about Bryer trying to escape the pain and how AS wished he could have saved him and basically saying good bye.

Maybe I’m just reading too much into a troubled and upset dad’s remarks, but at the time Bryer was still alive as far as anybody knew. He could still be helped. And what pain? ADHD? Or is AS projecting his own frustrations at life onto his son?

It’s part of what drew me in to this case as well. But I also wondered why isn’t this guy begging his son to come home... I’ve said it before that I found it odd/sad that nobody from their families made a plea for them to come home. I did read a comment here that the only time BS’ mom was in the media was when she issued a plea for him to go home but for the life of me I cannot find it.

I’d wondered about AS projecting his own frustrations as well, particularly by this comment on AU 60 minutes.

BBM

“He was my kid, he was a little me. It’s heartbreaking, there’s no sunshine, no happiness...”
Dad of Canada killer reveals final text

It’s part of what drew me in to this case as well. But I also wondered why isn’t this guy begging his son to come home... I’ve said it before that I found it odd/sad that nobody from their families made a plea for them to come home. I did read a comment here that the only time BS’ mom was in the media was when she issued a plea for him to go home but for the life of me I cannot find it.

Mother of teen Canadian murder suspect pleads for her 'caring and loving boy' to come home safe | Daily Mail Online

Strangely, it was written about him, not to him.

It wasn't quite as direct as that. I think her letter was more directed at the media than Bryer, to be honest. Notice it is signed "Bryer's mom" rather than "Mom." (I am not being judgmental. I just think she wanted the media to leave her alone because she felt hounded, and this was her solution.) She said basically he was a good boy and she hoped he and Kam both came home safely.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.co...mother-pleads-with-him-to-come-home-safe/amp/

Sort of a variation of Kam's dad saying in his emailed statement to reporters that he hoped this could all be straightened out once his son got home safely.

My own opinion is that the families of BS and KM were all on the same page in one way soon after the two were declared missing. They knew this was a one-way trip, and there would be no negotiating with BS and KM. AS was just more vocal and direct about it.

JMO.

Yes, I found that very strange and sad as well. I kept expecting that to happen, but it never did.

It wouldn't have mattered if they did. By the time they were named as suspects, they were long gone into an area with no cell coverage. They never would have seen it. Even if the plea had been made while they were driving, we don't know if they used the internet during their drive. Plus we don't know what was going on behind the scenes with the RCMP, if they told them not to, or what.

My own opinion is that the families of BS and KM were all on the same page in one way soon after the two were declared missing. They knew this was a one-way trip, and there would be no negotiating with BS and KM. AS was just more vocal and direct about it.

JMO.

I think that's very possible and it's also possible some evidence on their computers pointed to that.

Plus we don't know what was going on behind the scenes with the RCMP, if they told them not to, or what.
I've actually wondered this, too. I don't know why RCMP would do that, but maybe they thought pleading with them to come home would have the opposite effect, so they advised the families to talk about coming home but in a way that didn't seem like pressure. MOO

Carson Crimeni. His overdose was shared by video on Snapchat. One girl spoke out. Others viewed, shared and said nothing.

This kind of thing has happened before.

Suicide of Rehtaeh Parsons - Wikipedia

If videos were shared by KM and BS, is it so hard to believe that viewers might have said nothing, and passed it on?

Just speculation. We don't know. Human nature has a dark side.

I continue to follow this case and read everything posted here multiple times per day. I've learned a lot and appreciate and respect everyone's thoughtful input.

I also remind myself that for every word spoken, written, or broadcast by the families, RCMP, MSM, etc. (from which we learn and formulate opinions) - there are a thousand other words left out or unmentioned - that would add context.

BBM

The article is behind a paywall so I haven't actually read it but if what you quote above is how it's written, does anyone else think the 2 'confidential' sources are Alan and his lawyer? Sure Alan may have signed an agreement not to talk about the 30 sec. of video he was shown, but does that stop them from 'confidentially' talking to the Globe and Mail about other information that was told to them?

It certainly seems to me quite a coincidence that talkative Alan and his lawyer viewed the video this morning and maybe 10 hours later, the G&M has two confidential sources for a new piece of information.

JMO

This is a very good point, I hadn't thought about either Alan or Sarah Leamon being bold enough to reveal anything that soon to the media but I'm sure they're still on him like flies on... well you know. It did say Alan is under a NDA and is not to discuss anything of what he saw "at this time" so it's definitely not a forever thing. I also have to wonder still as I did last night that wording; "while on the run from late July and start of August." I'm very curious if Alan and Sarah asked when the final video was shot and they actually told them. It very well could have been August 1st or 2nd, maybe even Bryer's Birthday on the 4th that they killed themselves. I honestly thought they made it to at least the 31st of July.

I'm also going to add, I don't believe Kam and Bryer filmed what went down with Leonard as it was happening. Whatever happened with Leonard, I think filming was probably the last thing on their mind. I'm more inclined to believe they were just shooting random videos and clips, playing round in the woods thinking they were "John Rambo" or where ever they were parked and camping. I mean there's lots to see in British Columbia. I've only been as far in as Vancouver but it's gorgeous. Not to mention, all those hours on the road in the pickup, then later Leonard's RAV, you're going to have some deep end of ocean conversations with your road trip buddy. I know I would. I also pictured Bryer sitting in the passenger seat, interviewing Kam while he's driving or while they were parked, but maybe keeping video logs of their travel across Canada. I'm not much for recording every candid moment of my life. But when I've been on travels throughout Europe or when I went to Turkey I filmed lots of stuff because photos just couldn't do enough justice given the experience.

Another thing, I'm now 36 but I know lots of people round my age and younger love Snapchat. Personally I think it's stupid and don't use it but lots of my friends love making all kinds of random videos when were out and about or all gathered round having some deep discussions. (On top of taking photos.. ugh.) God knows how many videos of me exist out there. I do know there's thousands of photos. I don't recall anyone saying Bryer and Kam had Snapchat accounts but who knows. I'm sure that would have been revealed weeks ago with the Steam, Instagram and Facebook stuff.
~Just some more opinion and personal experiences I wanted to share.

It wouldn't have mattered if they did. By the time they were named as suspects, they were long gone into an area with no cell coverage. They never would have seen it. Even if the plea had been made while they were driving, we don't know if they used the internet during their drive. Plus we don't know what was going on behind the scenes with the RCMP, if they told them not to, or what.
But we don't know for sure if they could have seen it at certain times and if it would have mattered .... maybe yes, maybe no. The thing that I found odd is that a plea directly to THEM never came. It seemed the only logical/natural thing to do. Of course, as you pointed out, the RCMP could have told them otherwise. I'm just speculating, since we just don't have these facts. MOO

I'm also going to add, I don't believe Kam and Bryer filmed what went down with Leonard as it was happening. Whatever happened with Leonard, I think filming was probably the last thing on their mind. I'm more inclined to believe they were just shooting random videos and clips, playing round in the woods thinking they were "John Rambo" or where ever they were parked and camping. I mean there's lots to see in British Columbia. I've only been as far in as Vancouver but it's gorgeous. Not to mention, all those hours on the road in the pickup, then later Leonard's RAV, you're going to have some deep end of ocean conversations with your road trip buddy. I know I would. I also pictured Bryer sitting in the passenger seat, interviewing Kam while he's driving or while they were parked, but maybe keeping video logs of their travel across Canada. I'm not much for recording every candid moment of my life. But when I've been on travels throughout Europe or when I went to Turkey I filmed lots of stuff because photos just couldn't do enough justice given the experience.
Agreed, I don't think they filmed anything with Leonard ... at least I certainly hope not. If they were videoing themselves playing Rambo in the woods or maybe Bryer interviewing Kam (which, by the way, I can totally see this going on) ... it really would seem to me that they were unconcerned about what they had done. Such clear heads to be able to enjoy video taping the woods, chatting with your travel bud .... I guess I can ponder this till the cows come home, but who really knows. All MOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndieLiz