CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

fictionisbetter

Reaction score
Barbara Thomas was hiking with her husband in the Mojave Desert and they became separated. She has not been seen since.

Search underway for lost hiker in Mojave Desert

"Thomas does not have supplies or a cell phone, and she was last seen wearing a black bikini, red baseball cap and tan hiking boots with black socks."

"She is a resident of Bullhead City, and she is 5 feet and 9 inches tall, weighing about 130 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes."

Media, Maps, Timeline *NO DISCUSSION* thread

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5 -
CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5
Thread #6 - CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6
Thread #7 - CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #7
Thread #8 - CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #8

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping for Barbara!!

There's nothing new reported by LE or any updates since they suspended the search in the Mojave Desert at the end of July??

Keeping the faith, trying to stay patient, really looking forward to LE making a statement, having a press conference, something/anything based on their investigation!!

Hopefully her family will get some answers soon. It will be 2 months a week from today since she disappeared, and no news or updates at all... it must be very frustrating and disheartening for her family, I hope they're holding up and maybe LE has been in touch with them.

Where is Barbara?? What happened to her??

MOO

if BT had been abducted or hitched a ride etc, the road goes in 2 directions and vehicles can turn around. being taken or going in the opposite direction from Vegas would have been a possibility too. as we know, Police aren't going with an abduction theory anyway.
MOO

ADMIN NOTE:

US vs UK journalism is not the subject of this thread and posts discussing such have been removed. Other members and guests don't come here to watch arguments over journalistic integrity. Stick to discussing the case itself.

Also, if you report a post, please make sure it is a violation of TOS, not just to express your disagreement with another member's post.

The VI in this case has stated in the previous thread that RT has a history of not being fully accurate.
And it's important to note that none of us (presumably) know RT as well as the VI.

Very sad for Barbara's family as it's looking like this is going cold.

It'd help for the searchers to know where the truck's gps and any pertinent phone pings showed they were in the area.

If she's somewhere out there... they had all day until 3:26pm to drive around.
The only clues to look for her are going to be in the record of where he drove.

The VI in this case has stated in the previous thread that RT has a history of not being fully accurate.
And it's important to note that none of us (presumably) know RT as well as the VI.

Very sad for Barbara's family as it's looking like this is going cold.

It'd help for the searchers to know where the truck's gps and any pertinent phone pings showed they were in the area.

If she's somewhere out there... they had all day until 3:26pm to drive around.
The only clues to look for her are going to be in the record of where he drove.
I thought the VI stated he did not know RT very well as he had only visited Barbara and RT about 15 years ago?
What examples did he give as Robert not being fully accurate and what was the context of the conversation?
Was it direct observations or just what he heard from other people?
It seems to me that no-one knows much about Robert at all.

Barbara's son has made some very serious accusations against him but we have yet to see any evidence or even any indication that he was involved in their lives at all.
Do we even know if her son has even met RT in the fifteen years they have been together?

Do we know the extent of his relationship with his mother over the last 10 or 15 years? He claims he has communicated with her on-line, but we have no idea if that's true it not. Imo

Still no new information :(

I held out hope for over a month that one day I would open this thread and see Barbara had been found. With LE being so silent, I now wonder if they are investigating at all? Personally, I think LE does a disservice to the MP when they remain so silent. The detective could easily put out a PR through the PIO which says they are actively investigating, and make a plea for the public to call in tips. How hard is that to do?

Still no new information :(

I held out hope for over a month that one day I would open this thread and see Barbara had been found. With LE being so silent, I now wonder if they are investigating at all? Personally, I think LE does a disservice to the MP when they remain so silent. The detective could easily put out a PR through the PIO which says they are actively investigating, and make a plea for the public to call in tips. How hard is that to do?

I agree and don't know what to do. I've contacted the PIO at the Colorado River/Needles Station a couple of times (by email) and no response. I know Dbdb calls them. I think he said they're still investigating. But that can mean almost anything.

I know that the Corwin case had more leads - but is that the only reason this one is so silent?

The missing couple who traveled from Virginia to Amboy crater in California (San Bernardino). It took a year to locate their remains. If Barbara is somehow there after losing her way on an ill thought-out walk, then it may take that long too, for someone to stumble over her.

Did I hear that RT had a private airplane at his disposal?

I'm really surprised by now that they haven't released that they have any proof she was with him that day at all. Surely CCTV somewhere must of caught both of them? It seems odd that he (IIRC) would mention to the storekeeper/gas station attendant that he couldn't get out of the RV without her.

I went to the store earlier and my husband waited in the car. I came out and forgot where we parked. Then I saw him afar standing and waving his arms!! I spotted him immediately. It's a natural instinct to get someone to see you. I believed RT did that as soon as I heard him say it. It gives him credibility in my books.:)

hi all,
popping into say i've had several hits on my previous cold calls to journalists, with a few ready and eager to take on the case. i've reached out to dbdb11 to see if/how Barb's family want to engage.

i've been having some issues checking my inbox, viewing notifications, and accessing the site in general...so i thought i might ask you all here to direct his attention to this post if you see him back here.

I'm really surprised by now that they haven't released that they have any proof she was with him that day at all. Surely CCTV somewhere must of caught both of them? It seems odd that he (IIRC) would mention to the storekeeper/gas station attendant that he couldn't get out of the RV without her.
If LE does not suspect foul play, or they have no evidence that a crime has been committed, there probably is no need to tell the public those details.
According to the VI the police have seen pictures of Barbara there that day, which would verify Robert's story.

While they we were searching they stated they conducted the search based on where Robert last saw her. They have never given any indication that they don't believe she was there or that her husband is a suspect in her disappearance.

There have been no warrants issued that we've heard of and no public plea for help asking for information, or any indication that they are conducting a criminal investigation.

If they are busy following leads behind the scenes then they have been very good at keeping that information from the media. That is what would be surprising to me. There have been many requests to the media in regard to information about warrants.

But after two months we still have no evidence that a crime occurred.

It IS strange that RT would say that he could not get out of the RV without his wifes help, especially since it was obvious to the gas station attendant that he did get out without her help. Maybe it was a misunderstanding. It doesn't seem to make sense that he would imply his wife was not with him. If he wanted someone to believe she was in the truck when she really wasn't you would think he would say something to indicate that.

I don't think we will hear anything else about this case until they find a body. Hopefully at that point LE will know whether or not there was foul play involved. Imo

I haven't posted here for awhile but I still follow and read here daily. I don't have anything to add that's important or helpful. I did send out emails from the lists posted. I didn't hear back from anybody. I hesitated to do that because I'm all the way across the country in Virginia so I wasn't surprised. It really bothers me that a seventy year old woman can disappear without a trace. Be searched for for nine days and then not another word from LE, the media, her husband, nobody. I really feel sad for our VI, his father and family. Are cases where people disappear on a hike, etc., usually handled this way? I don't think I've ever followed a case like this before.

I haven't posted here for awhile but I still follow and read here daily. I don't have anything to add that's important or helpful. I did send out emails from the lists posted. I didn't hear back from anybody. I hesitated to do that because I'm all the way across the country in Virginia so I wasn't surprised. It really bothers me that a seventy year old woman can disappear without a trace. Be searched for for nine days and then not another word from LE, the media, her husband, nobody. I really feel sad for our VI, his father and family. Are cases where people disappear on a hike, etc., usually handled this way? I don't think I've ever followed a case like this before.
It could be bigger then we think and LE could be dealing with various levels of LE and a case is being built. Nothing will happen until they believe they have an airtight case.

One person I searched for was "Nita Mayo" ... That case still haunts me. We never found her.
We had her car, her keys to the car, her wallet. It all took place at a public rest stop with a view on a very well traveled public highway. Prior too, She stopped at a store and we had her on video. We searched for weeks and ... Nothing.
How could that happen?

If RT waved his arms, he wasn’t waving to get Barbara’s attention or she would be found by now. Too bad she wasn’t there; where was she when he supposedly waved his arms?
I don't know why else he would have done it if not to get her attention. If he could not see her then he would assume she could not see him.
People might notice something moving rather than something completely still, especially from a distance.
Just because she didn't see him waving doesn't mean she would have been found by now. If anything, it means she was too far away at that point to see or hear him. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420