CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fictionisbetter

Reaction score
Barbara Thomas was hiking with her husband in the Mojave Desert and they became separated. She has not been seen since.

Search underway for lost hiker in Mojave Desert

"Thomas does not have supplies or a cell phone, and she was last seen wearing a black bikini, red baseball cap and tan hiking boots with black socks."

"She is a resident of Bullhead City, and she is 5 feet and 9 inches tall, weighing about 130 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes."

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Barbara Thomas was hiking with her husband in the Mojave Desert and they became separated. She has not been seen since.

"Thomas does not have supplies or a cell phone, and she was last seen wearing a black bikini, red baseball cap and tan hiking boots with black socks."

"She is a resident of Bullhead City, and she is 5 feet and 9 inches tall, weighing about 130 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes."
Question #1: How did she and her husband become separated?

From the article:

5d296fa88fc48.image.jpg

• SBCS is searching for a lost hiker in the Mojave Desert, 20 miles north of Interstate 40 and east of Kelbaker Road. Google Maps
  • BT was hiking with her husband in that area on Friday around 2:30 p.m.
  • Assisting in the search are fire personnel, park rangers, sheriff’s aviation and SAR team members.
  • Anyone with information is urged to contact the Colorado River Station of the SBSD by calling (760) 326-9200 or sheriff’s dispatch at (760) 956-5001.

JUL 19, 2019
Video: The search continues for 69-year-old hiker Barbara Thomas
At the end of this video, the reporter says, "Investigators say the questions they asked RT are standard for missing person investigations stressing they do not suspect foul play in this case."

JUL 19, 2019
Video: Husband of missing 69-year-old hiker says police consider him a suspect
  • SBCSO says they are not releasing any information about the missing person investigation and interviews with family members.
  • Authorities also say they have no evidence the woman was abducted nor have they found any trace of her.
  • Rescuers resumed the search at daybreak using off-road vehicles, K9 units, hikers, and aerial support.
  • Authorities are unaware of how long RT and BT were separated before she disappeared nor do they know how far she was from the RV at the time.
  • Officials also say that they are unaware of any medical conditions that may have caused BT to become disoriented or lost.

RT's Interviews

At the 1:13 mark - 1st interview
"My feeling is that she was picked up. Because she had to cross the highway. She was wearing a bikini and she had a beer in her hand."

At the 1:12 mark - 2nd interview
"I feel that, uh, somebody picked her up, uh, because she was wearing a bikini, she had a beer in her hand, and she was ahead of me and she had to cross that road."

RT's Interviews

At the 1:13 mark - 1st interview
"My feeling is that she was picked up. Because she had to cross the highway. She was wearing a bikini and she had a beer in her hand."

At the 1:12 mark - 2nd interview
"I feel that, uh, somebody picked her up, uh, because she was wearing a bikini, she had a beer in her hand, and she was ahead of me and she had to cross that road."

I have a legitimate (non judgmental) question for Mr Thomas; Have either of you had a conversation about desiring a separation or have either of you approached the other about ending your marriage?

This is what popped in my mind after I read your post PommyMommy. I just got a really sick feeling in my stomach after thinking about Mr Thomas’s statement.

MOO

Thread #1
CA - AZ, Barbara Thomas,69,Timelind, Media, Maps, *NO DISCUSSION*
Media thread

@Tricia
CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019
Bringing this over from thread #1
Hey Everyone,

dbdb11 is now a verified family member of Barbara's.

You may ask questions of dbdb11 but you may not argue or in any way harrass a verified member. If you choose not to believe this person then scroll by.

dbdb11 thank you very much for your willingness to become verified. You will help us better understand Barbara's case and that means we can discuss her case in a more fact based manner.

Take Care,
Tricia

Today at 6:25

I have a legitimate (non judgmental) question for Mr Thomas; Have either of you had a conversation about desiring a separation or have either of you approached the other about ending your marriage?

This is what popped in my mind after I read your post PommyMommy. I just got a really sick feeling in my stomach after thinking about Mr Thomas’s statement.

MOO
It's a great question and I'm sure he's been questioned at length regarding any infidelity, arguments, financial problems, etc. He says she's the love of his life and has shared the love notes she leaves under his pillow, so if there are problems in the marriage, I'm guessing he hasn't admitted to them. MOO

Does anyone else get a strange feeling when RT is asked by Inside Edition if he did anything to his wife and he looked straight at the camera with cold, angry eyes (IMO) and said “Absolutely not.”? For some reason, it gave me the creeps. That kind of denial never seems truthful to me. Again, just my own feelings and I DON’T want to think he did anything to Barbara.

It's a great question and I'm sure he's been questioned at length regarding any infidelity, arguments, financial problems, etc. He says she's the love of his life and has shared the love notes she leaves under his pillow, so if there are problems in the marriage, I'm guessing he hasn't admitted to them. MOO
Yes, while there are problems in most marriages, now is probably not the time he would care to admit to them, since LE is questioning him.

By his own account, the results of his lie detector test indicated he was being deceptive? I wonder why he would tell that to the media when he didn't have to say anything about it at all.

If he is involved with her disappearance I would think he would come up with a better story rather than say he watched her round the corner and that's the last he saw of her.

Since she hasn't been found, it does not look good at all unless she decided to run off with someone she planned to meet on the highway.

If there are dangerous crevices or something she could have fallen into, I would think they have checked them all by now. Imo

Hypothetically, if one came into this case late, like an hour or two ago, and was attempting to follow previous breadcrumbs, could they no longer be available to view at this time? Asking for a friend, whom definitely would not want to post anything to get herself in trouble.
JMO, MOO, etc

Hypothetically, if one came into this case late, like an hour or two ago, and was attempting to follow previous breadcrumbs, could they no longer be available to view at this time? Asking for a friend, whom definitely would not want to post anything to get herself in trouble.
JMO, MOO, etc

Hypothetically, your friend can still nibble along the breadcrumb trail. :rolleyes:

Does anyone else get a strange feeling when RT is asked by Inside Edition if he did anything to his wife and he looked straight at the camera with cold, angry eyes (IMO) and said “Absolutely not.”? For some reason, it gave me the creeps. That kind of denial never seems truthful to me. Again, just my own feelings and I DON’T want to think he did anything to Barbara.

No, I don't. He answered without equivocation. Had he hesitated, that would be questioned. Had he appeared to show no emotion, that would be questioned. Had he looked away from the camera, that would be questioned. But he looked straight into the camera, showed some emotion, and answered without hesitation. Still, that's not good enough, apparently. I have no idea what happened to his wife. I don't know if he's responsible for her disappearance. But until we learn more, I'm going to withhold judgment. To breezily insinuate his guilt at this point is premature and, IMO, cruel.

Barbara is now missing over a solid week. That isn't good, after all she is near her 70th birthday. Either she's in the desert or someone wanted her for some weird reason right off the road, which quite frankly makes no sense to me considering her age.

No, I don't. He answered without equivocation. Had he hesitated, that would be questioned. Had he appeared to show no emotion, that would be questioned. Had he looked away from the camera, that would be questioned. But he looked straight into the camera, showed some emotion, and answered without hesitation. Still, that's not good enough, apparently. I have no idea what happened to his wife. I don't know if he's responsible for her disappearance. But until we learn more, I'm going to withhold judgment. To breezily insinuate his guilt at this point is premature and, IMO, cruel.

After watching Robert's interviews, I believe him! He seems crestfallen. These aren't honeyed and insincere words.. I have an enormous fund of sympathy for the man. He's solid cream from the top of the bottle.

I appreciate your input. I’ve felt he’s sincere too and have been supporting him. He has seemed genuinely broken up. I shouldn’t have posted my weird feeling about that one statement that jumped out at me. I apologize.

I appreciate your input. I’ve felt he’s sincere too and have been supporting him. He has seemed genuinely broken up. I shouldn’t have posted my weird feeling about that one statement that jumped out at me. I apologize.
I think you're fine. We're here trying to figure this out and sometimes the things that stand out to us need to be explored. I appreciate hearing about them. Makes me think.

I can understand what you meant. I will admit that I have to really work hard at not being cynical. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt in the end. Were the "hard eyes" (as I momentarily thought I saw) because of deception or because of his intense emotion of even having to answer such a question? It gets hard sometimes when we've seen some situations where the partner/spouse is guilty in the end.

I think it's possible that he could be holding something back that's not directly related to her disappearance. Something he would rather no one know. If he knows for certain that he didn't hurt her or worse, he might not be willing to answer some of LE's questions honestly.

I try to take into consideration that he has been grilled for hours and hours while his wife is missing.
I think I would be a bit on edge, scared, worried, sad, confused even.
But he told us his results were deceptive and that gets me more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member