The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me? This seems a little “off”

A diamond necklace which previously belonged to Diana, now appears to belong to Camilla and has been redesigned.

The heirloom, which has been in the royal family for more than 150 years, according to The Sun, was given to Diana by the Queen Mother in 1981 after she married Prince Charles.

The late Princess of Wales previously wore the necklace while in Austria in 1986.

As the official owner of the pendant will be the Queen, it seems it is now in Camilla's possession, who has turned the necklace into a brooch.

The Duchess of Cornwall was seen wearing it at Buckingham Palace back in March at the reception to mark the Charles's 50th anniversary as the Prince of Wales.
Prince Charles and Camilla get a taste of Australia in Scotland
It seems as if she was only given the pendant and she made us of it as a brooch.

View attachment 203875

Prince Harry shocks onlookers by breaking royal tradition and shutting his OWN car door - a year after Meghan Markle was praised for the same move

Prince Harry 'twins' with Meghan Markle and breaks royal tradition by shutting his own car door | Daily Mail Online

I was left shocked, stunned and in a permanent state of disbelief at this important and riveting news development. (Sometimes I wonder if these articles are genuine or if we are being trolled.)
The Daily Mail didn't include the staff in the picture. He is to the left , you can see his fingers in one of the pictures.
The writers need new content everyday, need to make advertising money and that is achieved by traffic to their site/articles.
They forgot that Prince Harry has flown military helicopters and other aircraft himself. Forget about shutting car doors.
MM wasn't being humble when she did this. She is used to shutting a car door upon exiting a vehicle. It's not like she had personal chauffeurs while living in the U.S.

I know it is so common you should always have a member of your staff do it.

I’m looking forward to seeing the Downton Abbey movie with the royal visit this weekend.
I'm not British, but I have a keen sense for protocol, and this is comme il faut.
Seems like we're losing something here.

I'm not British, but I have a keen sense for protocol, and this is comme il faut.
Seems like we're losing something here.

I always thought the car door issue was about security. Doesn't having someone else shut the door after the VIP exits and steps away allow guards the room to shove the VIP back into the car if necessary?

Is it just me? This seems a little “off”
:rolleyes: This happens every time...

Princess Diana was given jewellery as a wedding gift by the Queen Mother - now Camilla wears it

The emerald and diamond necklace has since been turned into a brooch
MIRROR
Dated: 24 AUG 2017

Royal fans are outraged after Camilla was spotted wearing Princess Diana's necklace
THEHITS

Dated: 11 April 2018
Diana wasnt 'given' the jewellery.

The jewels are from the Royal Vault of The Queen they belong to the Royal Collection.

They 'loan' them, sometimes for life, but then they are always returned to the 'Vault':cool:

Many of the 'jewels' have been worn by various other members of the Royal family over the years, they're family heirlooms.

;) Just like the Crowns & Tiaras!
ZVp1KR.gif

How Queen Elizabeth, Kate Middleton, and More Royals Have Worn the Family's Heirloom Jewelry

When it comes to royal jewelry, it all stays in the family.

For centuries, the British royals have passed priceless jewels from one generation to the next—although they don’t always survive intact. “Pieces are often modified to better suit current tastes or to be more wearable for an individual woman,”

Whether that means shortening necklaces, as Queen Elizabeth II has done to ensure a better fit, or entirely dissembling stomachers—an accessory often unwearable with modern clothing—most of the royal jewels have been through something of a journey.

Best Royal Family Jewelry - History Behind Royal Family Heirlooms

Prince Harry shocks onlookers by breaking royal tradition and shutting his OWN car door - a year after Meghan Markle was praised for the same move

...I was left shocked, stunned and in a permanent state of disbelief at this important and riveting news development. (Sometimes I wonder if these articles are genuine or if we are being trolled.)
tenor.gif

The 'comments' are priceless :D

“The Duchess of Sussex is to carry out her first official public engagement since the birth of her son – launching a high street clothing range in aid of charity.

Meghan’s maternity leave will come to an end when she proudly shows off the collection created by Jigsaw, John Lewis and Partners, Marks and Spencer and her designer friend Misha Nonoo.

Since the birth of her son Archie on May 6, she has been caring for her child – although she has been seen privately attending a polo match where husband Harry was playing and watching the women’s tennis finals at Wimbledon and Flushing Meadows, New York.”

Meghan to carry out first official public engagement since birth of Archie

“At the heart of Smart Works sits a two hour dressing and coaching service for unemployed women with confirmed job interviews.

Each client has a personalised styling session with two Smart Works volunteer stylists, receiving a complete outfit of high quality clothes and accessories for their specific job interview, which are free and hers to keep. We make sure that our clients look fabulous, feel confident and have everything they need, from a winter coat to a pair of tights.

After her dressing, each client receives a one-to-one interview preparation and coaching session with an experienced HR professional or senior manager. The interview session focuses on increasing the awareness of her own strengths, answering questions effectively and understanding what is expected of her at interview.”

The service Smart Works provides to support unemployed women

I really genuinely hope the clothing launch is a success today and it helps as many women as possible.

“The Duchess of Sussex is to carry out her first official public engagement since the birth of her son – launching a high street clothing range in aid of charity.

Meghan’s maternity leave will come to an end when she proudly shows off the collection created by Jigsaw, John Lewis and Partners, Marks and Spencer and her designer friend Misha Nonoo.

Since the birth of her son Archie on May 6, she has been caring for her child – although she has been seen privately attending a polo match where husband Harry was playing and watching the women’s tennis finals at Wimbledon and Flushing Meadows, New York.”

Meghan to carry out first official public engagement since birth of Archie

“At the heart of Smart Works sits a two hour dressing and coaching service for unemployed women with confirmed job interviews.

Each client has a personalised styling session with two Smart Works volunteer stylists, receiving a complete outfit of high quality clothes and accessories for their specific job interview, which are free and hers to keep. We make sure that our clients look fabulous, feel confident and have everything they need, from a winter coat to a pair of tights.

After her dressing, each client receives a one-to-one interview preparation and coaching session with an experienced HR professional or senior manager. The interview session focuses on increasing the awareness of her own strengths, answering questions effectively and understanding what is expected of her at interview.”

The service Smart Works provides to support unemployed women

I really genuinely hope the clothing launch is a success today and it helps as many women as possible.

This seems awfully intense and specialized.

How many women would they realistically be able to help at this rate? 20? 40?

View attachment 203937 View attachment 203938 View attachment 203939 View attachment 203932 View attachment 203933 View attachment 203934

Back to work! Meghan Markle's maternity leave comes to an end as she wears Princess Diana's earrings at launch of her new Smart Works charity fashion range

Meghan Markle's maternity leave ends with launch of new fashion range | Daily Mail Online
Her outfit is far too casual for the charity she is promoting.

She should have at least worn an outfit that one would be wearing to an interview, just as her charity promotes. Like a smart blazer / jacket.

And I, for one, think wearing stiletto heels is passe and again, not what her own charity would promote.

Not impressed at all

Her outfit is far too casual for the charity she is promoting.

She should have at least worn an outfit that one would be wearing to an interview, just as her charity promotes. Like a smart blazer / jacket.

And I, for one, think wearing stiletto heels is passe and again, not what her own charity would promote.

Not impressed at all

Agree, after looking at pics I don’t like it when women’s pants have too much room in the front crotch, just looks ill fitting to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prosoham