MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 August 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
That article raised an uncomfortable question. Her daughter says she called her mother on Wednesday to tell her about the car, but she wasn't there. “Instantly, I felt like something was wrong,”--but she didn't go over to her mother's to check. She waited until it was time for her Mom to babysit again the next day.

Maybe this was just a hindsight thing, where she thought it was odd or curious that her mom didn't answer and it didn't become important until later.

I don't know. I rarely even got along with my mom, but if I called her when she was expected to be home and got no answer, I drove over there. But I didn't have little kids at the time, so there's that.

I think you have the timeline a little bit wrong. This article may explain a little better: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...9Ik2BYeLH4Xe34WD4&ampcf=1&cshid=1568264871198

But to summarize from my reading of it, she watched the grandkids on Wednesday, August 7th as normal. That evening, she dropped her car off at a mechanic and a family member brought her home. This was the last official sighting of Sandra. The next day, Thursday, was not a day she was supposed to have the kids. Her daughter, therefore, didn't check in as there was no reason to. At some point (could even have been later in the day or early evening), the mechanic calls the daughter since her phone number is the one that has been left as a point of contact. The daughter then tries to call her mother to explain what kind of work the mechanic has planned to do on the car, and she gets no answer. This is the moment that immediately feels odd to the daughter. She says in another article, "she (Sandra) is never not home." She phones her mother's sister, who lives in an adjacent town, but her aunt has nothing to add about where her mom might be. As to why she doesn't dash over immediately to check on her mom, whio knows but I don't think it's that strange that she doesn't. She does have 3 kids under the age of five occupying her attention and her mom, while private and a homebody, does live independently, with no reported health problems, and at age 54 can hardly be considered elderly or anything. The next morning (Friday August 9th) is a day when Sandra is scheduled to watch the grandkids. This is when the daughter arrives early in the morning and finds the lights still on, the dog unfed, the back door unlocked, etc. So the 9th is the day she is reported missing.

I think you have the timeline a little bit wrong. This article may explain a little better: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.patriotledger.com/news/20190826/chief-on-former-quincy-womans-disappearance-we-have-nothing?template=ampart&ved=2ahUKEwiBxO3owcrkAhWsmuAKHY_7AuMQFjACegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1C5gg9Ik2BYeLH4Xe34WD4&ampcf=1&cshid=1568264871198

But to summarize from my reading of it, she watched the grandkids on Wednesday, August 7th as normal. That evening, she dropped her car off at a mechanic and a family member brought her home. This was the last official sighting of Sandra. The next day, Thursday, was not a day she was supposed to have the kids. Her daughter, therefore, didn't check in as there was no reason to. At some point (could even have been later in the day or early evening), the mechanic calls the daughter since her phone number is the one that has been left as a point of contact. The daughter then tries to call her mother to explain what kind of work the mechanic has planned to do on the car, and she gets no answer. This is the moment that immediately feels odd to the daughter. She says in another article, "she (Sandra) is never not home." She phones her mother's sister, who lives in an adjacent town, but her aunt has nothing to add about where her mom might be. As to why she doesn't dash over immediately to check on her mom, whio knows but I don't think it's that strange that she doesn't. She does have 3 kids under the age of five occupying her attention and her mom, while private and a homebody, does live independently, with no reported health problems, and at age 54 can hardly be considered elderly or anything. The next morning (Friday August 9th) is a day when Sandra is scheduled to watch the grandkids. This is when the daughter arrives early in the morning and finds the lights still on, the dog unfed, the back door unlocked, etc. So the 9th is the day she is reported missing.

There is no reason to believe she left voluntarily or was suicidal. A family member dropped her off in the evening of August 7th. The last person to see her. This person remains unnamed in reports.

Hmmmmm. This is a weird one. My first thought was the mechanics. In my town the auto shops will take you home &/or pick you up when your car is ready. I wondered if on Thursday they called her that it was ready & picked her up & all employees there need to be checked out. But since they had her daughter’s number and called her about the car this isn’t relevant. Although I do think it’s odd the daughter’s number was given. Why? Sandra wasn’t elderly & had a home phone. Why is the daughter handling everything?
And I know some people don’t think it’s weird that she didn’t have a cell phone or a computer, but I do! It’s pretty hard to not have one of those these days & just makes life difficult. Also, if my mom lived alone & refused or whatever to have a computer I would buy her a dang cell for safety reasons. I don’t know even one person who doesn’t have a cell phone now—even two previous hold-outs I know on texting are now happily texting away. It almost seems like she was trying to hide.

I would like to know more about the family member who dropped her at home on Wednesday. I would think it was the daughter since the mechanic had her number, but they’re specifically not saying that. Just “family member.”

This is worrisome and I have no idea about the possible sightings. I doubt they were her.

What do you make of this comment?

“Nothing really seemed too out of place other than that all the bed boards were off. It appeared someone lifted the mattress.”

Bed boards? Was someone looking for something?

What do you make of this comment?

“Nothing really seemed too out of place other than that all the bed boards were off. It appeared someone lifted the mattress.”

Bed boards? Was someone looking for something?
Yeah seems that was discussed earlier in the thread and some thought bed “slats” under the mattress and some thought headboard & footboard. I lean toward slats but it’s a strange way to put it. IDK, but I immediately thought someone was looking for something. Maybe even Sandra herself. Maybe that’s where she kept something important ($?) and she grabbed it and fled? Very odd to leave the dog in limbo though so I think she must have thought she was coming back. Or someone took her.

The fact that the mechanic is calling her daughter instead of Sandra is a little odd to me, but on the other hand some people just aren't great at adulting, for lack of a better word. It sounds like it wasn't just a check up, the car was going to actually need some work done. So if Sandra worried that the mechanic might try to cheat her on the cost of the repairs or she just wasn't sure she'd understand what they were going to do to the car, she may wanted her daughter to handle it. Without a cell phone, she may also have put her daughter's number as a backup contact and the mechanic called the backup number after no response from Sandra on Thursday. Like, can someone approve the repairs we are proposing so we can go ahead and get to work on the car?

It's impossible to know right now but I don't think the daughter is the family member who drove her home from the mechanic. The daughter has been interviewed in multiple articles (she's really the only family member whose voice we have heard) and she has narrated everything from her point of view. I think it would be odd to reveal that you were the one who arrived at the house to find it empty, that you found the bed boards disturbed, etc but not want to say that you were the one who dropped off, if that makes sense.

One local new channel covering the case has said that surveillance footage of Sandra and the family member who would ultimately drop her off has been reviewed by police. It was obtained from a Cumberland Farms gas station on the Wednesday evening in question.

The fact that the mechanic is calling her daughter instead of Sandra is a little odd to me, but on the other hand some people just aren't great at adulting, for lack of a better word. It sounds like it wasn't just a check up, the car was going to actually need some work done. So if Sandra worried that the mechanic might try to cheat her on the cost of the repairs or she just wasn't sure she'd understand what they were going to do to the car, she may wanted her daughter to handle it. Without a cell phone, she may also have put her daughter's number as a backup contact and the mechanic called the backup number after no response from Sandra on Thursday. Like, can someone approve the repairs we are proposing so we can go ahead and get to work on the car?

It's impossible to know right now but I don't think the daughter is the family member who drove her home from the mechanic. The daughter has been interviewed in multiple articles (she's really the only family member whose voice we have heard) and she has narrated everything from her point of view. I think it would be odd to reveal that you were the one who arrived at the house to find it empty, that you found the bed boards disturbed, etc but not want to say that you were the one who dropped off, if that makes sense.

One local new channel covering the case has said that surveillance footage of Sandra and the family member who would ultimately drop her off has been reviewed by police. It was obtained from a Cumberland Farms gas station on the Wednesday evening in question.

I don't think it's that weird that the mechanic would be calling her daughter instead of her. I work at a giant bank and I talk to tons of people age 50 and above who state that their child is the person who handles all of their finances, bills, and responsibilities of those sorts. The actual person's own money pays for it, but the child is the point person and first point of contact. JMO.

I don't think it's that weird that the mechanic would be calling her daughter instead of her. I work at a giant bank and I talk to tons of people age 50 and above who state that their child is the person who handles all of their finances, bills, and responsibilities of those sorts. The actual person's own money pays for it, but the child is the point person and first point of contact. JMO.

Exactly, this is what I was getting at. Some people just prefer for others to handle stuff.

Y’all are probably right and it probably depends on the personalities of the parent and child. I just think of it more with women in their 70’s or so, newly living alone etc. and not used to handling things. And their stronger personality child might handle all the “adult” things.
Sandra is a young looking 54 IMO, so just seems weird. But probably not relevant here.

Eta Obviously having trouble w/quotes. Lol.

Last edited:
Y’all are probably right, but I just think of maybe an older woman, newly living alone etc. needing her adult child to handle things. Sandra is only 54–just odd to me but I guess it depends on the personalities of the parent and child. Probably not relevant here.

Exactly, this is what I was getting at. Some people just prefer for others to handle stuff.

"Bed boards" to me are the bed slats. If they weren't screwed or nailed down to the frame, they'd just be balanced on the frame, and ccould have fallen off if the mattress was lifted or shifted and there was no boxspring or 'bunkie board' between the slats and the mattress.

Was the bed made? Did it look disturbed? There would have to be a major struggle on the bed, or the mattress would need to be lifted and pushed around, in order for the slats to fall. Even then, it'd be difficult to see that unless the mattress was still off-kilter.

Who picked her up at the mechanic's and dropped her off at home? This would be the last person to see her, and that person has never been identified, other than as a "family member."

As for her daughter's phone number being given to the mechanic - if her daughter was going to be the one dropping Sandra off to pick up the car, and Sandra was at her house multiple times a week to watch the kids, maybe it just made more sense to give the daughter's number.

Not to dwell on this, but maybe she said "headboard" and it was misheard and subsequently misquoted? Why wouldn't that draw a follow up question I wonder.

Also, the fact that the person who dropped her off remains unnamed? Yeah, ok, not too hinky... I understand there was footage of the drop off that has been reviewed but... how was her mood when she was dropped off? What did she say she was going to do that evening?

I am anxious to hear about the interview. I hope they flesh out the bedboards comment and I also want to hear what her daughter thinks could have happened.

Also, the fact that the person who dropped her off remains unnamed? Yeah, ok, not too hinky... I understand there was footage of the drop off that has been reviewed but... how was her mood when she was dropped off? What did she say she was going to do that evening?

I am anxious to hear about the interview. I hope they flesh out the bedboards comment and I also want to hear what her daughter thinks could have happened.

No footage of the actual drop off that I'm aware of, just a stop on the way home at a mini-mart/gas station in town. It's my understanding she's on camera there. Hopefully we will get more clarification.

I have heard the person who dropped her off referred to as both a family member and a "loved and trusted" family member. But there's got to be some reason we haven't heard who it is...right?!

sorry, I thought I read there was footage of the drop-off that had been reviewed - perhaps it was footage at the gas station, sorry to have misspoken!

So the daughter talked to a PI earlier this week - maybe there is news. (No comment on the contact with the "spirit medium" - just what you need when someone is missing - ugh.)

It has been a month and I think someone thinks they have gotten away with something.

Also reflecting on the dog not having any food or water. Umm, dog owners here? Is the water bowl ever empty after one day? It would take a week for my dogs to empty their water bowls. Why was the water bowl empty? Had it been tipped over, like in a struggle or a hurry walking by? Was the dog upset, in distress and tipped it over? Where is the dog now? (Sorry I always have to ask about the pets...) How is the dog acting?

Not to dwell on this, but maybe she said "headboard" and it was misheard and subsequently misquoted? Why wouldn't that draw a follow up question I wonder.

That’s definitely possible—“headboard” misheard as “bed boards.” That would make a little more sense!

And yeah I think it’s interesting that the family member who dropped her off hasn’t been named or specified. It shouldn’t be a big deal to just say sister or son in law etc...
Hopefully the new interview will shed some light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen