GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tre had know she was pregnant he may have told the proper people so she would have got help and medical care. Tre could have turned things around and this could have been a whole different situation. After all he was the father of the baby. So yes he was a victim. imo

Nobody can force an adult to get into counseling just as nobody can force a pregnant woman to obtain prenatal care.

Now that BSR has been convicted of a felony, I hope the court sentence includes a complete mental health evaluation because it is obvious she needs help.

JMO

I guess we will agree to disagree. She has been on house arrest for two years and I think she should have gotten counseling during that time through her parents, and afterwards through her parents. I'm just shocked that the court would have to ask for her to get counseling, outside of the parents already having done so.

I guess I agree with you though, if her parents haven't done it, perhaps the court can Force the parents to use their insurance to do what many of us think need to be done, but I'm not sure about that.

There was no body and Skylar made sure of that.

I am not 100% sure I think the bones may have been considered evidence and could not be released. imo
The remains of a murder victim are not held by the state for two years. Families are allowed to have services once the forensic examination is done. For example, the funeral for Skylea Carmack has already been held .

JMO

Skylea Carmack Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information

There's no way this judge gives her jail time. She'll get probation and then she'll go on a #poorme tour and cash out. Watch! I expect there will be a TV interview. Maybe even a book. And she'll be preaching about being persecuted by overzealous attorneys yada yada yada. Of course in all of this Kim will be the main victim.

Media will eat it up just like they've been eating up her poor me act throughout this whole trial. Even the way they framed the case "cheerleader baby killer" was gross.

The jury reached the verdicts they did because they did not believe the baby was born alive. It would be completely inappropriate for Tre's mother to stand up in court and to declare herself-or Tre- a victim. And I'm guessing that Tre wouldn't want her to. Every part of this process, including having details of his sex life broadcast to the world, probably has been painful enough for him.
Except Skylar has been found guilty of abusing the corpse of her granddaughter. Painful for Trey, painful for the Richardson’s, but also just as painful for her other grandmother. Both she and Trey are victims here imo.

Except Skylar has been found guilty of abusing the corpse of her granddaughter. Painful for Trey, painful for the Richardson’s, but also just as painful for her other grandmother. Both she and Trey are victims here imo.

The two times BSR spoke of Tre - it was with such disdain. And she transferred the same to his child.

Out of sight, out of mind. The Skylar way.

The parents faces were expressionless to me throughout the verdict reading. Even after when she turned around. Dad reached over and put his hand on her shoulder at one point but that was it. No one came forward to hug her. The "I love yous" seemed so performative on both sides. Truly disturbing family dynamic.

Well I'm more disappointed than I thought by the verdict. I feel the jury was sympathetic towards her because she looked like their own daughters. That's the only reason she got off!

Reasonable doubt and a very disturbing family. After the reading of the verdicts and Skyler sat down in her chair, I didn't miss Mommy smacking the side of Skyler's chair in victory. No kisses, no hugs, no tears of joy from either parent. Just a daddy hand squeeze in the shoulder and mommy smiling through the "I love you mores" and every verdict reading.
Excuse me while I go back to holding my head.

MOO,MOO

The two times BSR spoke of Tre - it was with such disdain. And she transferred the same to his child.

Out of sight, out of mind. The Skylar way.
Agreed, but it’s not her decision to make anymore. I really hate how father’s rights are so easily tossed aside. HE is 100% a victim in the loss of his daughter and the way her remains were treated by her mother.

I guess we will agree to disagree. She has been on house arrest for two years and I think she should have gotten counseling during that time through her parents, and afterwards through her parents. I'm just shocked that the court would have to ask for her to get counseling, outside of the parents already having done so.

I guess I agree with you though, if her parents haven't done it, perhaps the court can Force the parents to use their insurance to do what many of us think need to be done, but I'm not sure about that.
Her mother has stated that she "currently" sees three different counselors for her ongoing ED struggle. Now, do I believe her mother is the best person to comment on this issue? Nope. Do I think she's been treated according to current best medical practices? Nope. I don't know if "counselor" is the accurate term here or just the word KR chose, but BSR needs a psychiatrist, a dietician, and a highly qualified therapist who specializes in eating disorders and probably trauma and is ready to make the call to send her to inpatient care if necessary.

Mom's comment is on a photo caption in this article: Skylar Richardson: What you need to know as trial starts for former cheerleader charged in buried baby case

You will have to ask the State of Ohio then why they are holding the remains. I stated my opinion.
We'll agree to disagree. I've seen no evidence whatsoever the State is still holding the remains.

JMO

Reasonable doubt and a very disturbing family. After the reading of the verdicts and Skyler sat down in her chair, I didn't miss Mommy smacking the side of Skyler's chair in victory. No kisses, no hugs, no tears of joy from either parent. Just a daddy hand squeeze in the shoulder and mommy smiling through the "I love you mores" and every verdict reading.
Excuse me while I go back to holding my head.

MOO,MOO

Both parents are indifferent towards her....mixed with contempt. It was there after the interview and it was on full display today during the verdict. I have never seen this kind of a stoic reaction from a defendant's family who just heard their family member won't be doing LIFE. For goodness sake! I wonder what their reaction would've been if it was a guilty verdict. Probably the same. These two are extremely emotionally stunted.

You will have to ask the State of Ohio then why they are holding the remains. I stated my opinion.

Is it the State that's the hold up?

I believe post autopsy, the Coroner releases remains to funeral home designated by next of kin. I recall BSR's dad made inquiry about release of baby remains right after the first interview -- but he's not the parent.

I'm wondering if it's the birth mother that hasn't sought the remains from the State?

ETA: Maybe birth father made claim and defense stopped the order pending completion of her trial.... (I recall paternal grandparents present at trial).

Last edited:
The jury reached the verdicts they did because they did not believe the baby was born alive. It would be completely inappropriate for Tre's mother to stand up in court and to declare herself-or Tre- a victim. And I'm guessing that Tre wouldn't want her to. Every part of this process, including having details of his sex life broadcast to the world, probably has been painful enough for him.
Respectfully disagree . The victim is the baby. The baby never had a chance at life because it’s mother chose not to let anyone know she was pregnant. No one knows if she was born alive, no matter what a jury decided. Because of BSR’s actions not to get an abortion and carry it to full term without planning for it to have a healthy birth in a medically controlled environment, we will never know if there might be a 2 year old little girl running around today. The fact that her paternal grandmother has been in court visibly distraught suggests that she would have liked to have had the chance to know her. I’m guessing Trey has long gotten over any embarrassment by now. Any one — family or not— has the right to make a victim impact statement to the judge before sentencing is handed down to impress on the court how it has affected them. She will be sentenced on the count of abusing a human corpse as found guilty on. I know it has affected MY sensibilities and I’m not related.

I believe post autopsy, the Coroner releases remains to funeral home designated by next of kin. I recall BSR's dad made inquiry about release of baby remains right after the first interview -- but he's not the parent.

I'm wondering if it's the birth mother that hasn't sought the remains from the State?
Didn't BSR's dad testify in part as a "victim representative" or something like that for baby Annabelle? Would that have any bearing on whether the remains can be released at his request even though he isn't her parent?

I do have to say Skyler had to be hand cuffed. Officers do NOT permit people to get in their way during that process so mom & dad hugging and loving her, yes, no not gonna be allowed. I imagine it was discouraged either ahead of time or at the time of the verdict. Notice there was a lot of staying with the hand of some people. Mom touched dad's arm, etc dont move toward her, stay back. I agree the fam dynamic isnt healthy but dont put much weight into the fact that they didnt jump the bar or run around the barrier, boot the officers out of the way to hug her

ETA: Maybe birth father made claim and defense stopped the order awaiting completion of her trial....

Is there a link to support the claim the State of Ohio is still holding the baby's remains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon